OOC chat for Elder Signs.

2 minutes ago, Godot said:

Personally I'm not a writer at all, but if I get a good idea for a story, I write it down despite lacking in skill, and I am always pleased with myself no matter what the story is about or how it was written.

I would definitely be more of a "participant" though in all of these stories, and likely I would also have tons of "Investigators" (otherwise known as characters) that I use for each and every story.

Perhaps I just enjoy putting my fate in the hands of the GM? While I don't like my characters dying in any sort of RP, to be honest (not even gore related horror RP), I don't think I would really mind my characters dying or going insane in a setting like this. While it still might "hurt" me in a way (because boohoo, all the character development would go poof), I would be proud of myself because my character would be "history", depending on the story of course.

We are all amateurs here. I started VERY simple and that is often the best way to try and find your style and such :3 you only get better one way, after all.

I think ONE investigator per member per story is best - otherwise it will quickly be a mess. Do tell me if I misunderstood you.

I can get behind that indeed. The setting does usually call for death or insanity and as long as we are aware of this, it becomes less annoying.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JennyDK said:

I think ONE investigator per member per story is best - otherwise it will quickly be a mess. Do tell me if I misunderstood you.

I wasn't tackling this topic, but that's exactly how I want it to be. One investigator, per member, per story. It was just my bad wording that made you "misunderstand" me. ^^

4 minutes ago, JennyDK said:

I can get behind that indeed. The setting does usually call for death or insanity and as long as we are aware of this, it becomes less annoying.

Other than that, I hope deaths and insanity wouldn't be sudden unless the situation calls for it and for example the person playing an investigator actually makes a mistake in-character (that they are warned about beforehand, that their character is about to die or something) I know giving people the chance to retract their answer or change it one way or another would be unfair to some extent, but this would be to avoid immediate death for no reason. At least, that's how I would like it to be.

5 minutes ago, Godot said:

Other than that, I hope deaths and insanity wouldn't be sudden unless the situation calls for it and for example the person playing an investigator actually makes a mistake in-character (that they are warned about beforehand, that their character is about to die or something) I know giving people the chance to retract their answer or change it one way or another would be unfair to some extent, but this would be to avoid immediate death for no reason. At least, that's how I would like it to be.

Agreed. It would not be fun to have it happen too fast. OF course, if you do something really dumb, the trap WILL shut though. Stupidity and such is no excuse ^^

OF course, I believe most will not reach that point.

Hopefully the test story can show us how to do it well enough to get roughly started.

If you have suggestions for more settings, feel free to suggest them in the "Suggestions" topic.

The main reason I ask, is that I run this club very close to how it is portrayed. Not like a "LOL XD, it's spooky". I hope this is understandable. There is no lewd, combat is often deadly, you will either go mad or die easily.

Let me put up a video with a reading of his most famous work:

7 hours ago, DreamsnThings said:

Well... the sites name is ecchidreams after all... most things on here has atleast some lewdness to it, its not an issue or anything, just seemed odd

Fair enough ^^

It's just that Lovecraftian horror really loses its effect and such once you add stuff like lewd :3

I am glad to hear that it's not an issue.