OOC chat for Elder Signs.

Aww, well as long as things are getting better now all will be good cx

That's great too that they didn't find anything wrong. I think you told me about getting some tests done before too and nothing wrong coming up? Is it the same issue?

And ooo, this is my 500th post lol

Edited by Nafarman

I know what you mean. And it's been almost a year. Last year's june I suppose? I partially remember you having some troubles with working full time, getting tests done... my meds messes with my memory quite a bit 😅

Thanks! I am waiting for the others to post their parts. It's been a while I did roleplays that included more psychological elements than anything else. I am quite thrilled about the story too!

I have never really worked full time. What I have been doing, is gradually take on more hours a week in my internships, to see where my threshold lies in terms of how many hours I can overcome to work a week.

Oh, thanks :3 though ther story has honestly yet to really begin. You will know when it happens, for sure.

22 minutes ago, JennyDK said:

I have never really worked full time. What I have been doing, is gradually take on more hours a week in my internships, to see where my threshold lies in terms of how many hours I can overcome to work a week.

I see, that's a great approach actually cx

22 minutes ago, JennyDK said:

though ther story has honestly yet to really begin. You will know when it happens, for sure.

I am really looking forward to it!

• Thanks 1

Thank you ^^ thankfully, in Denmark we have something you can be approved for, called flex jobbing. Basically, it means you can work for less than the regular 37 hours a week and yet be paid for all of them. The actual work hours are paid by the employer and the rest are filled in by the county. It means, that even though you have stuff that makes unable to work full time, that you can still get paid as if you had.

• Woohoo 1

Hello everyone!

Happy to see the new adventure having started off. Hopefully we can keep it going nice and well! 😄

I do have an idea for the next one as well, but it would require a setting which I can only describe as "Custom" without spoiling too much. How would you feel about that?

• Love 1

25 minutes ago, Nafarman said:

Hey! @JennyDK So I had a question.

If a fighting scene was to break out, how many major and minor moves an investigator can make each post? And also, what would be considered a minor move?

As per normal with Lovecraftian horror, combat is usually best to avoid.

If we do end up in combat, there really isn't a system to follow. We can always make it a cinematic thing, but I am open to better suggestions.

The idea of one minor and one major action sounds pretty simple though.

1 minute ago, JennyDK said:

As per normal with Lovecraftian horror, combat is usually best to avoid.

Okie dokie

2 minutes ago, JennyDK said:

The idea of one minor and one major action sounds pretty simple though.

Can you kindly give me an example of a minor move though? Like, would leaping on someone to ground them be a minor move?

Saying what would constitute a minor and major action can surely be subjective, but I will try and give examples of what I would consider being either of those. Feel free to give critique, good and bad.
Overall, I am using the ones from Modern Age as my primary source of inspiration.

Minor actions:

• Moving
  • Drawing a weapon or item
  • Going into a stance of some sort - like aggressive or defensive
  • Interacting with object

Major actions:

• Attacking
  • A physical maneuver (probably spelled it wrong)
  • Reloading a weapon
  • Climbing
  • Casting spell
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

You're welcome!

As mentioned, it is mostly just what I could think of at the moment. There is room for changes if we should run into any issues.

By the way - if any of you have requests for fun future settings you would like to do, please do tell! 😄

I am also open for someone being a storyteller as well, running their own adventures - these will most likely be put into a new tab made for "guest story tellers".

I think it could be interesting to see what other members could come up with and I want it to be possible for them to have a platform to do them - and I would get to be a player as well 😄

• Love 1