Dark ages.

The farmer Jeremy, is not really too keen on getting too involved in all of this. Whilst he cares for the father, he knows he stands no chance if there was to be an actual fight or dangerous situation happening."Uhmmm...I hope you will excuse me, Argromire...I think you are also better off handling this with someone more familiar with the area and different expertises...like our dear falconeer here...good luck", he comments before scuttling off.

Malcolm quickened his pass to catch up with Agromire as he commented softly, “Im not sure what you all remember about last night since most folks don’t seem to remember the blood trial leading to the water or the forest, but I found this by the fisherman’s cabin.” He glanced around briefly as he quietly pulls out the strange medallion that was hanging from a branch last night out of his coat pocket. He would continue stating, “ I was gonna show the captain but he didn’t seem to know anything about last night and said if the monastery gave us any issues to come back to him “ with a shrug of his shoulders.

"Hmm yes thats the pendant from last night, in curious about what it is and why it was there." He said looking at it, " its strange that the guards arent very concerned by all of this. Maybe the monastery will have some books on such a thing though I dont see much chance that they will."  He said handing it back to Malcolm and heading towards the monastery. "We best hurry."

• 3 weeks later...

The road towards the monastery isn't very far or hard at all, so the two of them manage to trek their way up there in a few minutes time. Around the place, a few monks are seen wander about, looking very distraught and confused since no one has been able to find any sort of clue or signs that would point them in any sort of right direction. So they mostly seem more lost than decisively checking things out and investigating the grounds.

At the sight of the encroaching monastery and the various monks, Malcolm would tuck the amulet back in his pocket and reply, “Though something is going on I agree, since the captain  knew nothing about the blood trail last night or our search in the woods last night with his two men.” A puzzling concerned frown etches into place on his face as he asks, “Though I don’t remember who was all with us when we investigated the blood trail or who the guards were… it is possible these two disappearances are linked?” 

• 2 months later...

As the two get close enough to the monastery, one of the younger monks sees them approach and thus decides to meet them before they are fully near the building. With such a small community, everyone who is local is very likely to know everyone else here, at least to some degree. The young man who walks near them is called Brother Tobias and is one of the newest people at the monastery, but is already very well liked among the community."Greetings Mr. Agromire and Mr. Malcolm. I assume you have heard the horrible news?", he asks them.

Malcom would look over at his companion and whisper, "I'm not sure who is involved or not involved besides the fact that we seem to be the only ones noticing the strange happenstances" as he turns his attention to the young monk that is walking towards them finishing his comment, "I am unsure if someone or something is involved..... I say no tracks that I recognize last night during our journey just that strange amulet" He would smile politely as he states in greeting to Brother Tobias, "Ah wish I was hear in better tidings Brother Tobias, we have heard about the father going this morning from the captain and I wanted to know how I could help?" He would watch his two birds for any signs or need to corral his companions as he asks, "Where was the father last seen and by whom?"

• 4 months later...

The black smith stayed back silently and watched as the two spoke. There was nothing for him to say but he wished that things could hurry up. The waiting made him feel like he was doing nothing at such s dire time but still he waited. Perhaps he should take this moment to collect his thoughts soon he may prove useful?