Dark ages.

The black smith stated the night on the inn, and though the rest of the night was uneventful it was not a restful one for the black smith would awaken through the night clutching his sword periodically through the night. With what little sleep he managed he began his day of smithing once the town had come alive. Though there was something off about the village though he could not put his finger on it. So he labored on through the day blissfully unaware of the situation at the other end of town. His work preoccupying his time, glancing out the window trying to out his finger on what felt so odd.

Edited by Cash Money Chad

On the way through town to the local tavern, he would make a quick pitstop at his humble abode as he stopped in to the outdoor aviary bird house that contained his two prized hunting birds an astringer falcon and an aquila eagle, which he carried them in an iron bird cage. Once he grabbed the necessary supplies for a night stay at the inn, he would proceed after the blacksmith for a night at the  tavern. His sleep that night was nonexistent due to the strange events of the blood trail and missing body plaguing his nightmares causing him to frequently searching the room he was staying in with his birds. In the morning, he would pack up his things and his companions leaving the inn, while making his first stop at the blacksmith’s shop proceeding to knock on his door, “Hello anyone home?”and keeps an eye out for any of the guards or strange happenstances in town.

Alice woke up. "What is that noise?" asked the blonde nun to no one in particular.  She wandered out of her chamber, calling for Father Mathias. "Father, where are you!"

In the monastery, there is no sign of the beloved and dear father Mathias, with everyone else in a panic and most inhabitants searching every crook and nanny of the whole place, having no time to talk to Alice right now.

On 28/06/2022 at 00:53, Cash Money Chad said:

The black smith stated the night on the inn, and though the rest of the night was uneventful it was not a restful one for the black smith would awaken through the night clutching his sword periodically through the night. With what little sleep he managed he began his day of smithing once the town had come alive. Though there was something off about the village though he could not put his finger on it. So he labored on through the day blissfully unaware of the situation at the other end of town. His work preoccupying his time, glancing out the window trying to out his finger on what felt so odd.

Not long after he starts on his work people are all over the place, searching everywhere in the small village and of course someone comes knocking on his door soon after."Argomire! Why on earth are you working at a time like this? Something serious has happened! We need help out here!", another of the villager tells him. This being one of the farmers, named Jeremy who calls out to him.

On 01/07/2022 at 05:36, DrMender said:

On the way through town to the local tavern, he would make a quick pitstop at his humble abode as he stopped in to the outdoor aviary bird house that contained his two prized hunting birds an astringer falcon and an aquila eagle, which he carried them in an iron bird cage. Once he grabbed the necessary supplies for a night stay at the inn, he would proceed after the blacksmith for a night at the  tavern. His sleep that night was nonexistent due to the strange events of the blood trail and missing body plaguing his nightmares causing him to frequently searching the room he was staying in with his birds. In the morning, he would pack up his things and his companions leaving the inn, while making his first stop at the blacksmith’s shop proceeding to knock on his door, “Hello anyone home?”and keeps an eye out for any of the guards or strange happenstances in town.

The night for the falconeer was silent, dark and filled with anxiety more than likely. The most likely thing happening during the night was either an animal attack or a murder of some sort - if it was real to begin with and not a possible nightmare he thought to have been real. Once he is up and on his way towards the village, he can see and hear a large commotion. Guards and villagers alike all rush around, seemingly checking every place they can and all speaking in slight panic and confusion.

Argomire looked over at the sun then back to the person who came in " I always work at a time like this." He joked before hearing that something terrible has happened in the village. So he grabbed his axe and followed the person out into the city. "What has happened?" He asked brandishing his axe at the ready.

As Malcolm is making his way through town towards the blacksmith’s shop, he would glance around town at the frantic scurrying of the others before calling out to one of the guards.

He would politely ask,” Excuse me Guardsmen what seems to be the problem?” as he holds onto his packed supplies with his two birds resting in his covered bird cage.

He would continue by saying, “Did something happen in the woods or the edge of town with that strange blood trail?” His eyes would scan the town looking at the different buildings and city streets.

On 07/07/2022 at 07:37, Cash Money Chad said:

Argomire looked over at the sun then back to the person who came in " I always work at a time like this." He joked before hearing that something terrible has happened in the village. So he grabbed his axe and followed the person out into the city. "What has happened?" He asked brandishing his axe at the ready.

Jeremy puts his pitchfork against his side as he speaks to the town blacksmith."Ah yah see here Argomire...it's all weird and sudden, but dear old Father Mathias...he is gone...vanished...no trace..no sign...nothing! Did you see him at all?", he tells him, getting a bit freaked out about all this since their community and village are usually very safe, beyond the occasional wildlife wandering in here.

On 09/07/2022 at 03:27, DrMender said:

As Malcolm is making his way through town towards the blacksmith’s shop, he would glance around town at the frantic scurrying of the others before calling out to one of the guards.

He would politely ask,” Excuse me Guardsmen what seems to be the problem?” as he holds onto his packed supplies with his two birds resting in his covered bird cage.

He would continue by saying, “Did something happen in the woods or the edge of town with that strange blood trail?” His eyes would scan the town looking at the different buildings and city streets.

One of the guards approach him after speaking briefly to the other guards with him, seeing if it was okay to approach Malcolm for now, as they are quite busy. Still, informing the townsfolk is important too."Ah, good mr. Malcolm. Ah right...so father Mathis just up got himself vanished, see. He aint nowhere around here and he is usually up by this time to greet everyone and all...you know? Something aint right here!", he says, clearly as bewildered as everyone else. He does give a weird look though."Blood...trail? There aint none of that around here, mate", he goes on.

Argomire's curiosity turned to panic when he heard that Father Mathis went missing. A creeping dread sunk in when he thought about the night before, remembering how quickly those people had vanished, concerned that Father Mathis had suffered the same fate. Then reassured when Jeremy told him that there was no sign of blood, but it was still too dangerous for someone to be alone and missing, So he grabbed and axe and put out the furnace before leaving with Jeremy to go find a search party.

"I think something terrible may have happened to father Mathis Jeremy."

Malcolm freezes at the distinct mention of the father missing and that there was no recollection of a blood trial with a missing person from yesterday. He would gulp slowly as he asks, "So no one has seen the father not even the local baker for his morning bread order?" as he rubs the bridge of his nose and continues asking, "Has any one checked the river or the nearby woods at all?" In a nervous tick of anxiety from the last two days, he would try calming himself by brushing the side back of his birds head with his index finger, while watching the guard continuing his questioning with, "Any way I can help?"

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/07/2022 at 00:45, Cash Money Chad said:

Argomire's curiosity turned to panic when he heard that Father Mathis went missing. A creeping dread sunk in when he thought about the night before, remembering how quickly those people had vanished, concerned that Father Mathis had suffered the same fate. Then reassured when Jeremy told him that there was no sign of blood, but it was still too dangerous for someone to be alone and missing, So he grabbed and axe and put out the furnace before leaving with Jeremy to go find a search party.

The farmer gives the blacksmith a puzzled and unsettled look as he speaks to him about something terrible."Ohh.. dear...what might that be? Do you know anything?", he asks in return as he takes Argomire with him along with a couple of the other villagers, who are currently seeking the area around the hut of the blacksmith. Naturally, all of them looks to be on edge, wary and concerned.

On 18/07/2022 at 09:13, DrMender said:

Malcolm freezes at the distinct mention of the father missing and that there was no recollection of a blood trial with a missing person from yesterday. He would gulp slowly as he asks, "So no one has seen the father not even the local baker for his morning bread order?" as he rubs the bridge of his nose and continues asking, "Has any one checked the river or the nearby woods at all?" In a nervous tick of anxiety from the last two days, he would try calming himself by brushing the side back of his birds head with his index finger, while watching the guard continuing his questioning with, "Any way I can help?"

"No one has seen or heard anything...sorry, Malcolm. Right now, we are all seekign everywhere...it really is a mystery and I doubt he would have any reason to leave town, especially without telling everyone and such...for now, we just need as many out to search as possible", the guard tells him before he is called over by the captain."Soo...yeah...just try your best to look out for anything really...", he adds before leaving the falconeer alone.

After Malcom was advised that no one had seen or heard anything in regards to the father’s mysterious disappearance, he would decide to head off to investigate the area outside the monastery and church. With a soft whistle, he would kneel down and unlock the two cages letting the birds free for them to search out any blood trials as he slowly wanders through town with the empty cages.

"Yeah Jeremy a couple of people were killed outside my hut, the bodies and the killers suddenly vanished without a trace." He looked puzzled by the people searching around his hut worried that the scene from last night might give them the wrong idea." Over by the fishermans hut we saw a strange symbol. Like a glyph or something."

On 15/07/2022 at 00:45, Cash Money Chad said:

The farmer sighs a bit in relief as the smith brings a weapon with him and then joins him in the search."Ohhh...goodness! That is awful! Why would anyone go after someone as kind and harmless as old Mathias? You think...it might be wildlife...maybe?", he suggests as the two of them join some of the other men from the village on the search. They are told no clue or anything has shown up yet."PErhaps you should ask the captain of the guard, Argomire?", one of them suggests.

On 31/07/2022 at 00:07, DrMender said:

After Malcom was advised that no one had seen or heard anything in regards to the father’s mysterious disappearance, he would decide to head off to investigate the area outside the monastery and church. With a soft whistle, he would kneel down and unlock the two cages letting the birds free for them to search out any blood trials as he slowly wanders through town with the empty cages.

The two birds fly out and up, out to search for whatever Malcolm seems to want them to find, leaving him alone once more. The trek towards the monastery is not far either, so he doesn't reallyhave to walk far, but on the way there he does see the captain of the guard bark out orders to the few guard of town.

Malcolm having trained the birds for any trails or tracks that might contain blood has hoped the two companions might be able to find something out of the ordinary as he thumbs the strange amulet in his pocket that he found with the blacksmith since they had mentioned showing the guards last night. He would quicken his pass as he calls out loudly in the captain's direction, "Excuse me Captain might I have a moment of your time or be of any service?" In his short walk to the monastery and the captain, he would look around the area for anything out of the ordinary similar to the sigil that was found in the woods.

"The guards left us to our own devices last night, but we could try talking to the captain of the guard." He said walking with the farmer towards the captain of the guard and seeing Malcolm from last night addressing him. He approached them from the side and waited patiently and listened to the two as they spoke. Argomire and Jeremy arriving just as Malcolm began to speak to him. So he waited to give his input until the two had finished speaking to one another. 

On 14/08/2022 at 07:09, DrMender said:

Malcolm having trained the birds for any trails or tracks that might contain blood has hoped the two companions might be able to find something out of the ordinary as he thumbs the strange amulet in his pocket that he found with the blacksmith since they had mentioned showing the guards last night. He would quicken his pass as he calls out loudly in the captain's direction, "Excuse me Captain might I have a moment of your time or be of any service?" In his short walk to the monastery and the captain, he would look around the area for anything out of the ordinary similar to the sigil that was found in the woods.

John Mercer, the captain of the local guards, look up from a parchment of paper, noticing the person calling out to him. He rolls the parchment back and pockets it in the side of his belt."Hello citizen Malcolm. I have a very small window of time, falconeer. What is it?", he asks in a rather rushed voice since he is definitely quite busy at the moment, but still giving time if anyone has any intel or questions he is able to quickly attend to.

As he looks around, nothing in particular really stands out to him as odd, out of place or wrong.

On 22/08/2022 at 03:48, Cash Money Chad said:

"The guards left us to our own devices last night, but we could try talking to the captain of the guard." He said walking with the farmer towards the captain of the guard and seeing Malcolm from last night addressing him. He approached them from the side and waited patiently and listened to the two as they spoke. Argomire and Jeremy arriving just as Malcolm began to speak to him. So he waited to give his input until the two had finished speaking to one another. 

"There were probably nothing more they could do, I imagine", is the comment he receives in return. The farmer follows the smith so far, seeing how he approaches both Mr. Mercer and local falconeer. For now, Malcolm appear mostly available.

Malcolm nods his head in understanding as he exclaims quickly, “I understand captain and I don’t want to take too much of your time just wondering how I can help with the search for the Father or if any assistance is needed for navigating the woods?” He idly thumbs the strange amulet in his coat pocket as he debates about showing the captain the item that was found last night, but stops as he glances over having spotted the blacksmith with a new companion.

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/08/2022 at 05:34, JennyDK said:

John Mercer, the captain of the local guards, look up from a parchment of paper, noticing the person calling out to him. He rolls the parchment back and pockets it in the side of his belt."Hello citizen Malcolm. I have a very small window of time, falconeer. What is it?", he asks in a rather rushed voice since he is definitely quite busy at the moment, but still giving time if anyone has any intel or questions he is able to quickly attend to.

As he looks around, nothing in particular really stands out to him as odd, out of place or wrong.

"There were probably nothing more they could do, I imagine", is the comment he receives in return. The farmer follows the smith so far, seeing how he approaches both Mr. Mercer and local falconeer. For now, Malcolm appear mostly available.

He looks over at Jeremy "It's a bit strange that they don't seem to be too concerned about there being multiple death in the area. What could be so important that he has very little time. This should be his top priority." He said quietly as to not get the captain's attention. As the captain looks around he approaches Malcolm. "It seems like the guards aren't getting anywhere with these deaths, have you tried to find something with father Mathus's scent to see if the falcon could track it?"

• 2 weeks later...

As Malcom was about to ask the captain about how he could help and the missing body that was dragged off last night, he would turn his attention to the blacksmith that had asked him about using his birds to try locating the missing priest. He would reply loud enough for the captain and the blacksmith replying, "That was my reason for approaching the captain as I wanted to offer my services to help locate the missing father using my birds" at the mention of his bird, he would whistle sharply holding out his right arm recalling his two birds being the eagle and falcon.

He would turn back to the captain asking politely, "Do you have any items or possessions of the father's that I can use that was near where he disappeared to try finding him?" and continues asking, "Oh um was anything find out about that strange blood trial leading from town down to the waters edge by the forest?"

• 4 weeks later...

The birds are not too far off, so his noises does reach them and they begin to turn around and back towards him, though it will take a little bit of time for them to fully return. The captain allows the two men to speak with each other before turning his own attention towards Malcolm."Mister Malcolm, I do highly value your input and offer to help, of course. If you are able to aid us, that would be great. Sadly, no one really recalls seeing him past lights out in the monastery. So my best bet is to find something in his private chambers. I can give you a parchment, granting you access too, if you should need it", he tells him.

"That would be best, hopefully we can get this done before night fall, it wouldn't be safe for anyone to be out after dark considering the attacks." Argomire began heading towards the guard post with Jeremy the farmer. He was hopeful that they would find the Father in one piece, but he was weary of what may happen after dark and proceeded with urgency, wanting to get this done as quickly as possible.

As he waits for the return of his feathered companions, he would turn his attention to the captain of the guard and comment, "Its my pleasure to offer my services after the strange last couple of days and the disappearance of the our father." He would glance over at Agromire and his companion momentarily commenting, "If the parchment with your signature is need than I shall come find you, while starting my search in the monastery near his quarters then." His left hand would thumb the strange sigil in his left pocket at the caution about finishing up before nightfall and nods his head in agreement, "That would be in ours and the towns best interest certainly to avoid being out at nightfall..."

On 12/10/2022 at 01:57, Cash Money Chad said:

"That would be best, hopefully we can get this done before night fall, it wouldn't be safe for anyone to be out after dark considering the attacks." Argomire began heading towards the guard post with Jeremy the farmer. He was hopeful that they would find the Father in one piece, but he was weary of what may happen after dark and proceeded with urgency, wanting to get this done as quickly as possible.

Jeremy looks a bit doubtful at him, feeling very much out on deep water on this one."I really wouldn't know how to do any sort of proper search..,perhaps it is better we split up?", he suggests, not really keen on showing his fear of potentially finding something horrible or dangerous.

On 12/10/2022 at 19:35, DrMender said:

As he waits for the return of his feathered companions, he would turn his attention to the captain of the guard and comment, "Its my pleasure to offer my services after the strange last couple of days and the disappearance of the our father." He would glance over at Agromire and his companion momentarily commenting, "If the parchment with your signature is need than I shall come find you, while starting my search in the monastery near his quarters then." His left hand would thumb the strange sigil in his left pocket at the caution about finishing up before nightfall and nods his head in agreement, "That would be in ours and the towns best interest certainly to avoid being out at nightfall..."

"Much appreciated mr. Malcolm - though maybe it is best to team up with someone, in case things get hairy and two pairs of eyes are indeed better than one. Why not assist mr. Argomire here?", he suggest the falconeer. It doesn't take much longer before his birds return to him, shaking their heads as if to indicate the lack of any sightings so far.

"Maybe we should split up, there is something I want to look into, we found a medallion with a symbol on it last night, it was too dark to really examine the area, but if it's there or in someone's possession perhaps it might be a clue to find what attacked the village last night at least. It should be much safer during the daytime. If I find it I'll have a look and bring it back, maybe the falcons can track down whatever left it there. Let's go Jeremy." Argomire said turning and heading towards te fisherman's shack.

At the mention of working with Agromire on the search for the father and investigating the stranger occurance, he would quickly reply to the captain stating, "Well looks like I should head after him then since he appears to be heading off to start the search, if we find anything I'll let you know captain!" as he runs off after the blacksmith with his two birds perched on his shoulders. He would hold out a couple pieces of dried jerky to his feathered friends as he quietly whispers, "Thanks for trying Sokar and Aetos" handing the piece of jerky to Sokar the hawk first before handing one to Aetos the Eagle. He would shout out to Agromire as he jogs over to him, "Hold on I got something I want to show you that I found in during my usual night walk in the forest" He offers polite smile to Jeremy as he replies, "Oh hello, sorry to intrude on your conversation..."