Optional background music:

Spoiler

As the three of them sit or lie in various positions, trying to get their bearings straight, as much as the situations lends itself to, the lingering and ironically deafening silence is definitely a total opposite of the hustle and bustle of their every day lives. The massive eye keeps watching, never blinking once and remaining completely still in the sky. The tentacless just move about at random, sometimes hitting the pillar supporting the plateau on which these humans are placed upon.

For several minutes, that is all that seems to happen to and around them.

@Neptune

Spoiler

As Anna tries to not go mad and failing to noticing the other two around her, the voice from behind whisper in her ear once more."I told you...this is what you get for failing to adhere to [NAME INCOMPREHENSIBLE FOR HUMANS]! You just had to keep thinking you had a choice...[NAME INCOMPREHENSIBLE] is merciful...you are given one final chance. Go ahead...push them over the ledge! Do you want to go back...or not? Save yourself...at least!"

@MultiChara69

Spoiler

As time trickles by and no one says a word back at all. A figure claws its way up through the solid rock of the plateau. As it emerges fully, it is the same shapeless black figure she saw before. Despite it being out in fully daylight, it still pitch black like the night. The body of it distorted and it looks more to be floating than standing on legs. Silently, it walks closer and closer, no eyes, no mouth, no ears - nothing but a vague representation of what might be a head. It stops about half way there and Andrea is submitted to cackling from one place, then one more, one more and until all she can hear is heavy cackling as if a thousand creatures are simply mocking her. Then the figure points towards Vincent, still silent.

@Godot

Spoiler

Suddenly, he spots a symbol on the ground emerge, with a glowing and soft purple light. Its origins look entirely alien and incomprehensible. Then one more, one more. one more until all of the surface is covered with faintly illuminated symbols of unknown importance or heritage. Without warning his one hand is clutching a dagger. A dagger of metal completely unknown to humans and with a weird shape. While it appeared out of nowhere, his mind is rembembering differently:

The dagger was in his hand all day. He remember going towards one apartment, kicking in the door, slashing the inhabitant to death before eating them raw. As he looks at his hands, they are already drenched with blood and the taste in his mouth vile and copper like."Yesss...fullfill the rest of your mission. Slay them. Eat them. Sacrifice them to [INCOMPRHENSIBLE NAME]. You wanted this, remember? Remembbeeeer? Yesss...now...do what needs to be done!"

• Like 1

• Community Administrator

Anna flinched when the whispered voice started. She could almost feel the lips close to her ear, causing her to reach up and rub her hands against them in an attempt to block the whisper out. But her efforts were in vain. No matter how much she blocked it out, the voice always spoke. A low groan escaped her throat as she muttered to herself, “Shut up, shut up, shut up, SHUT UP! I won’t do it! Nothing you can say or do will make me! I’m not going to listen to you!” Still covering her ears, Anna shook her head from side to side.

With a struggle, she got to her feet, her eyes wide as she stared at the endless expanse of the black sea. She turned around, jumping a little when she saw that another person had joined her and the stranger who was now lying on the floor. To her, it almost looked like he was accepting the fate that had been thrust upon them. A part of her didn’t blame him. She looked at the other woman closely, and recognised her as yet another one from the television. Anna found that she was only able to focus on the woman’s face, as if her vision were blurred or hazy. Removing her hands from her ears, she touched her cheek only to find that they were wet. She was crying, and she had not even noticed. With a choked gasp she clutched at her forehead, shaking her head, “This is so fucked up… fucked up…” She muttered almost feverishly to herself. Her voice sounded strange to herself, unnaturally loud. It irritated her. 

Lowering her voice to an almost whisper, she tried to call to the other two, “Hello? Hello!” She wanted to reach out to them, but dared not. That voice, it had brought them here. What if it made her do what it wanted? If she touched them, would it force her to throw them over the edge? Already she could hear a voice, in the quiet depths of her mind, ‘doitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoit’. She ignored the voice. She was better than that. Surely she could get out of this another way. There had to be.

Edited by Neptune
Fixing Formatting
  • Like 1

Andrea's thoughts of suicide became more pervasive, constantly questioning her best options to kill her self. It was then that the creature manifested it's self before them, the same black gelatinous silhouette that had chased Andrea through the darkened halls of the dormitory was now clawing its way up the plateau its self.  A acidic odor filled the air around them if that is what they are even breathing. It's sludgy dripping head looks as if it would be peering right at her, it made Andrea petrified with fear. Fear that it might grab her and pull her down into the abyss of writhing tar soaked tentacles at the bottom of the plateau.

Panting and panicking Andrea had to rely on her survival instincts, standing up she held her hands out to Anna and Vincent ." Both of you listen to the sound of my voice! J just remain calm, and talk to me, say anything that will get your mind off the voices in your head! W what's your name!?" Andrea pointed at the male as the blackened silhouette hovered right up to her making her feel intimidated. Her eyes were wide in panic but she had to summon up as much strength and sanity she had. She was still terrified and soaked to the bone with sweat but her only course of action was to try her best to be the police woman she is training to be. The laughing grew louder and seemed to echo even more through out the inconceivable sprawl of this reality.

Andrea looked right at the thing trying to con it into thinking she wasn't as afraid of it as she actually was, but this was a transparently pitiful attempt to deceive the black featureless entity.  " H hey w what's your name..? What are you studying?" Andrea pointed to the female before winced as if begging in terror for the creature not to hit her. Whatever bravery dashed to bits as she stood in the overwhelming presence of the ancient horror that stood before her.

Edited by MultiChara69
  • Like 2

Vincent remained laying in the middle of the plateau, until suddenly seeing strange symbols on the ground and remembering false memories of bad things he didn't do, but the memories make it so that indeed he did do those bad things and killed all of those people. He raises his head and notices how he's holding a strange dagger. Immediately jumping up on his feet and looking at both women, as he trembles while hearing the dark entity speak to him once again. He forcefully shuts his eyes and shakes his head, speaking out more loudly. "Stop talking in my head..!" He raises his hands while still holding the dagger, holding his forehead before he assumes a throwing position, tossing the strange dagger into the black tar ocean, accidentally hitting one of the random tentacles without intention. His actions had gotten his forehead bloody a little bit, although that might be only his eyes. He looks down at his hands, probably himself being the only one who sees the blood in his hands, he decides quickly and wipes the blood off in his perfectly white shirt that had began to deteriorate and become more and more dirty overtime, being in that filthy unknown place. He doesn't care about that, though.

He looks around once more, first at Anna @Neptune since she called out. "Hey-..." Trying to reach out to her but steps back, looking over at Andrea @MultiChara69 instead since she began talking. "Hey! I a-assume we're the only humans here..." He continues to repeatedly look at both people, not seeing the things they are seeing. "Assuming I'm not t-the only one experiencing crazy shit, please do try to ignore whatever y-you're seeing... My name is Vincent... I'm a student... I've seen your faces in the TV... Please try to remain calm..." He steps closer to Andrea, trying to reach out to her. "W-whatever the entity is trying to put in your head, it's o-obviously false... I-If it makes you see things you don't want to see, then they're most likely false... A-apart from..." He looks around, gulping once. "Apart from the entire place we are currently in, I s-suppose..." He says, raising a hand to scratch the back of his head, blinking at the endless tar ocean abyss that lies below.

• Like 2

Anna felt a measure of relief that the suffocating silence did not include their voices as the other woman began to speak. Her voice was unnaturally loud, and seemed to echo around them. But it gave her something to focus on, other than the madness that surrounded them. And the maddening voice deep inside of her mind, still muttering ‘doitdoitdoit’. She glanced down at the young man as the woman spoke to him, asking for his name. She watched as the young male pulled himself to his feet before throwing something and yelling for something to stop talking in their head. She swallowed a little, glancing back at the woman as she directed questions at herself, but she allowed the young man to speak first, introducing himself as Vincint. She immediately recognised the name from one of the addresses that she had managed to find. She stared at him, almost blankly, as he tried to reassure the other woman and to tell her that the things she was experiencing were fake. A part of her wanted to make a sarcastic comment, but she bit it back. They were going to need each other to get out of this. She couldn’t afford to antagonise them.

She looked back at the woman, “I’m Anna… I’m a researcher… I am-” She stopped for a moment, her brown eyes darting around before she continued, “-was… from England. Went to Chicago for a research project.” She looked at Vincent, “I saw you in the television as well b-before… here. I found your address online… I was trying to contact anyone but all I found was you and one other… Andrea….” She looked over at the woman and asked, “Are you Andrea?” She was trying her best to completely focus on the woman in front of her, not wanting to even acknowledge the sight around her. She knew it was dangerous, that they could be attacked at any moment but she didn’t think she could really start handling it right now.

• Like 2

"I would reeeeeaaaallllly love to believe everything I'm seeing is false right now...Yeah I was hoping that was the part that was false...girl can dream I guess." Andrea said panting and looking over at the black silhouette shaped entity. she was very afraid it might snatch her up and pull her into the vast abyss of tar and tentacles by it just stood there almost mockingly as if anything she was trying to do was pointless. with a big gulp Andrea kept her eyes on the creature and tried to make her way closer to Vincent and Anna. "So what kind of research do you do?" Andrea panted as she backed away from the entity heading towards the center of the platform.

" I aaam Andrea! I was trying to take some of that tv blood to the forensic lab on campus, but took a wrong turn and bam here I am!" Andrea had reached the center of the plat form keeping her arms stretched out in case they needed something visual to focus on during which ever hallucinations they were having. "What are you studying Vincent?" She asked in a terrified pant. "I saw both of you on Tv, do you remember seeing any others? I'm hoping this is an isolated incident and we are the only ones this thing has abducted."

• Like 2

Vincent looked over the two women as they answered his question and tried to speak among themselves. Once Andrea @MultiChara69 asked him what he was studying, he shook his head, seeming to look calm and collected for the moment, although still taking deep breaths. He also completely overlooked the fact that Anna @Neptune found his address online or whatever, since it's not his biggest concern right about now. "Save the detailed introductions... Our names are e-enough..." He looked between the two women, sighing in relief that they were confirmed human, at least that's what he hopes. He acknowledged how they both tried to get closer, and let it happen since it made him feel more at ease. "I saw many people on the TV, including you two, but I haven't seen anyone else in person... Something tells me w-we will either meet them later somehow, or their dead corpses..." He said that last part as if he just didn't care anymore. Still rattling his teeth, he looked around the empty and quiet place once more, then back up at the eye once more, then tried to focus on the two women in front of him to calm himself down. He was still only wearing socks, shorts and a bloodied white shirt. His hands seemed to be slightly bloody too, but it was dried. Not letting them add anything to the conversation just yet, he immediately moves on to the next topic. "This-... Whatever it is that took us here, it is trying to make me h-harm you... It is trying to put false information into m-my head, that I k-killed people and stuff... If this thing makes me look like a villain in your e-eyes too, d-don't be scared, I won't do anything to you..." He looked between the two women, looking like what he just said was really important. Even so, he said it confidently and reassuringly, hoping that the women would believe him. "I will not let it directly c-control me..." He turned his expression into that of an upset one, seeming angry at the entity's shenanigans.

And so, Vincent decided to sit down on the ground, with one knee up in front of him, the other knee fallen to the side. With one of his arms, he supported himself up, while the other arm was resting on top of the knee that was up. He looked like he was relaxing, but it was more like he was trying to not use up his brain energy by thinking too much about his surroundings, focusing his thoughts and gaze onto what's real around him: Andrea and Anna.

• Like 1

When Vincent said he saw more people Andrea started to come to the conclusion that this thing is plucking people out from what could be anywhere. This only assured the idea that what ever this is it's exceedingly massive in scale, gulping as her mind speculated on the possible intentions it has with them. Breathing heavy Andrea listened to what Vincent had to say regarding the events that lead him to this point. "Look I don't care if you eat babies, we are going to die from something worse than a serial killer if we don't cooperate... I tried to use light to drive it back, it just inhaled it like smoke from a cigarette. We know it can gain a foot hold in your mind, It can manipulate space.. My only plan is to try and act as a germ to this thing but I can't even plan discreetly or even trust that my clothes wont come alive and strangle me...I'm going to be honest it looks like resistance is the only offence we have, and I'm not certain if that will make this shadow thing kill us quickly or just want to prolong the torture even further."

Shutter panting Andrea listened to anything they might have to say mentally at her wits end and her sanity slipping away Andrea thought their only hope was to find a way to die quickly. Still not sure if she should kill them simply to save them from an even worse end than what was in store for them. All the the black mass of shadows did was stand there it was Andrea's mind that was her tormenter now. It raced as she tried to listen to Anna while fighting off the urge to snap both of their necks out of mercy.  She stood gulping and breathing heavy trying her best to keep the situation calm as well as her self. 

Anna nodded her head in agreement when Andrea said that she wished that everything they were seeing was false right now. She fervently wished the same as well. At the question regarding the research, Anna only gave a non-commital shrug. It was not something she wanted to really talk about, not only because it held no importance in this world of madness, but she was under a silence request. Her jaw worked a few times as the woman said that she had tried to take some of the TV blood to the forensic lab. A shiver ran through her frame. She had not even had the courage to have touched it. She turned away from the other two and looked out, her eyes fixed on the oily looking black sea. After a moment of staring at it, it uncomfortably reminded of the blood on the screen. She turned back around and looked at Vincent, trying to focus on his words, nodding in agreement when he said to save the detailed introduction. 

Anna found herself subconsciously rubbing the palms of her hands against her thighs, as she allowed the two of them to talk. She didn’t feel like speaking for the moment as her throat seemed to have closed up, as if trying to cut off the scream that her mind was aching to release. Her eyes moved restlessly, flicking over the platform and the black sea. When she did speak, her eyes flickered over the two for a moment, “Act like a germ? How? We have no idea what all of this is, or even where we are.” She waved a vague hand towards the sea and the writhing tendrils, “We don’t even know who is doing this. His name… His name…” She reached up, frowning as she rubbed at her forehead as she tried her hardest to recall its name but it constantly eluded her, “I can’t remember its name. What was its name? I could never… understand it.” She swallowed a little, “Normally… when freaky shit like this happens it’s all over the net… but I could barely find anything. Other than this one post. And the text was… weird. The format was wrong. So wrong. It was calling to us to surrender. To let him take us… to the other side?” She glanced around, sincerely hoping that this wasn’t this ‘other’ side. “And that he would soon be there to… take us…” She trailed off, looking concerned and worried as she tried to remember and becoming frustrated when she couldn’t recall each word she had read.

As the trio stand there and tries to make heads and tails of all this weird and alien happenings, memories and landscape, there is no certainly very little resprite given to them to just relax.

Whilst standing and talking, the earth beneath them suddenly rumbles like crazy, like there is an earthquake going on. Oddly enough, no damage to the plateau is made, but still a huge obelisk shoot out of the ground. Standing around 10 meters tall. The worst part of this being that it does not appear to be made out of marble or simple stone. Instead, it consist of flesh, bones, organs - all of which are looking like mangled human bodies, writhing and groaning in pure agony and horror. Some of the faces that are visible looking like people they personally know.

Right before the obelisk also is a large stone slab which has very old and dried up blood on it - such as depicted from sacrifical altars.

While Vincent threw away the dagger, once he looks at his hand, it has reappeared into his grip again.

Sanity loss: 8

Edited by JennyDK
  • Like 1

Vincent looked at his hand again as he feels that his palm was gripping something again. He took a look at it and blinked a few times, looking more angry than horrified now. He slightly grits his teeth as he raises his hand up to throw the darn thing away once more, but if it reappeared for the third time, he just continued to held it, not being helped it seems. "Fucking thing..." He mumbled out loud, looking between the girls as he continued to sit in the middle of the plateu. He decides not to comment about it further and listens to the girls talking. After they both finished talking, he stands back up and steps towards them all while using his sense of mind to repress any negative thoughts the entity might give them, for now. "It d-doesn't look like there's anything we can do right now, but-..." He looks around as more eerie things start happening. "...But things are constantly happening around us and m-maybe one of these things will lead to an exit, or something..." He hopes, even he wasn't believing what he just said, but he went with it anyway for the sake of attempting to calm down Andrea and Anna. "Whatever this thing is saying in your head, or...making you do, just try to repress it and d-don't give up hope so easily... The entity's goal is to make us kill each other, at least those are the thoughts I'm g-getting..." He raises a hand, scratching the back of his head for a moment.

If indeed the dagger reappeared for the third time, only now he decides to just throw it away once more.

It appears that Vincent has been immersed in the situation so much so that he tries to think rationally, giving him not enough time to focus on the bad thoughts and his bad surroundings anymore. He is still scared, as much as everyone else, but he does his best to not let it get to him.

Anna’s attempt at trying to remember the words spoken were interrupted when the earth beneath them began to rumble and shake. Instinctively, she dropped down, crouching to make herself as small as possible. As she looked wildly around, she saw that the platform itself seemed to weather the rumble with ease. Her attention was drawn by a louder rumbling sound, accompanied by the cracking of stone. She looked towards the centre as an obelisk shot out of the ground, rising so that it jutted up into the sky. She subconsciously noted that it looked as if it connected the dim coloured sky and the platform together, linking them as one despite the fact that the height of it made it impossible. As she looked closer at the obelisk, she saw that it consisted of what appeared to be mangled human bodies, twisted and contorted into horrifying forms. As she looked at it, she saw some of them staring back at her. Their groans when almost unheard by her, as it seemed as if they were glaring at her. Their gaze was accusing. Filled with hate and bitterness that felt as if it was entirely directed at her.

Anna didn’t notice the altar, so focused on the obelisk itself. Her entire body trembled as she felt her panic beginning to rise out of control. Her breathing became shallower and she had to fight every urge to scream and cry. Her head stiffly turned towards Vincent, his words sounding almost hollow as he tried to encourage them not to give up. She felt a bitterness well up inside of her. How could he be so damn calm when something like that obelisk showed its ugly head? That little voice in the back of her mind whispered softly to her, ‘Maybe he’s working with it… don’t trust him. He’s too calm. Far too calm.’ Slowly, Anna stood up as she watched Vincent warily, her eyes flicking to the dagger that was being held in his hand. In a deceptively calm tone, she said, “If you’re so sure that there is an exit somewhere, why don’t you help us find it?”

• Like 1

"Hey I know acting as a germ isn't a solid plan but hey we need all the ideas we can get even if they aren't applicable at the time. "Andrea listened to what Anna had to say about what she found on the net." Maybe we are dead, and this wants to take us to whatever after life we are meant for. Personally I think it needs to find a more persuasive argument. You heard it's ...Whaaat the Fuuuck." Andrea was cutoff by the massive obelisk of writhing tormented flesh that appeared before them. Andrea trembled in horror as what ever composure she once felt slipped away when she saw the faces of people she knew in the side of the walls of the obelisk.

Andrea looked over at Vincent "Wanna try stabbing the flesh tower and see what happens?" Andrea sounded crazy at this point trembling and laughing constantly, but not out of amusement but at the sheer inability to process the situation. Trembling Andrea looked over at the slab starting to get the idea that this thing wants human sacrifices. Feeling intrepid Andrea started to look for openings in the obelisk, wondering if she could enter inside of it panting and Shuddering Andrea waved at one of the faces she knew. "Ok gang, shot in the dark, this thing wants a human sacrifice..." She was pretty convinced this thing would not let them go no mater what they did. 

"Hey Vincent where is that Dagger your had before?" She asks not even looking at him just staring at the mangled faces of people she knows and knew. Andrea breathed heavily, her eyes getting colder as she stared at the people in the walls. "So any idea's on what we should do? I want to stab the obelisk and hopefully  end their suffering..but for all we know the rules of death don't apply here." 

• Like 1

Vincent looked over at the grim obelisk, then looks over at Andrea, then back down at the dagger that returned into his hand. He steps forward towards the large stone slap, looking pale and contemplating his decisions. He turns back towards the two women, now being further away from them, tightening the grip on the dagger. "If...if it wants a h-human sacrifice...then I'll be it...I want y-you to move forward...and escape..." He shifts his grip on the dagger, the pointy dangerous edge now towards his chest, taking panicky deep breaths. "The entity keeps...p-placing this into my hands...so I will take it down with me..." He says as he looks over to them one last time, before turning himself back towards the stone slab.

With a swift move, unless stopped by anything or anyone, he plunges the pointy edge into his chest. If stabbing himself was successful, he spits out blood as his pupils become smaller, falling down on his knees beside the stone altar, some of the blood from his mouth spilling onto it. In a shaky last move, he moves his head to look at the women, then once more back at the stone altar before falling down face first on it. This plunges the dagger deeper inside and almost through his slim male chest without issue, depending on how big the alien dagger actually was.

Did he really just do this to save two people he doesn't know anything about, apart from their name? Regardless, if nothing was done to him to prevent him from doing this ultimately stupid act, he lays dying, half on the plateu, half on the stone slab altar place.

Andrea's mental state was cracking from the sheer scope of the horror before her. With a shaky glance she looked over at Vincent, trembling with terror Andrea reached out and grabbed Vincent's arm." Don't do it we don't know what could happen here! Look I get it you're cracking, I'm cracking to, but for all you know you could be trapped in here forever." Andrea having convinced her self that the rules of death may not apply here, she didn't know anything about this place and her mind raced frantically to try and make sense of it all. All she could do was to try and keep Vincent from stabbing him self using all of her focus to try to save his life, the struggle being her only reprieve from the madness going on around her.

Anna’s gaze twitched over to Andrea, her gaze sharp and analysing. Unlike Vincent, Anna could hear the panic and the madness that hovered on the very edge of her voice as she spoke. Her tongue darted out to lick her lips, her eyes moving back to Vincent before they darted back to Andrea when she mentioned that this thing wanted a human sacrifice. Her gaze turned even more suspicious and she felt her body tense just in case either of them decided to attack her. Her eyes then slowly slid to Vincent as Andrea stated what she thought. She snorted a little as she looked at the height of the obelisk, “I think it will take you a long time to stab them all.” She said.

She then turned her head back to Vincent as he aimed the dagger at his chest, looking at them and then back at the slab before he stabbed himself, driving it deep into his heart. Anna didn’t try to stop him, as she stood there, numb with shock. She could not believe that the young man had done that. She had never seen anyone… killed in front of her before. She didn’t know what to do, or what to think. Her mind seemed to just shut down, as if she just couldn’t comprehend what she was seeing. Her legs seemed to give out for a moment, causing her to stumble back as she reached up to cover her mouth with her hand, “Oh, fuck… fuckohfuckohfuckohfuck…” She muttered, not paying attention to whatever it was that Andrea had said. That small voice in the back of her mind commented, ‘I bet this is what this place wants. For you to sacrifice yourself. Like lambs to the slaughter. See? This just proves that he was working with them.’ The corner of her lip twitched for a moment as she watched blankly as Andrea tried to save Vincent. A part of her hoped she succeeded. But a larger part of her, to her dismay, wanted him dead.

• Like 3

Andrea backed away with a mix of shock and disappointment, unable to stop Vincent from taking his own life. In spite her best efforts there was nothing she could do, her hands were soaking with sweat and she was so shaken with fear it made her too weak and unresponsive to take the Dagger from Vincent's hand. She panted with a visible sadness as she looked over at Anna having stubbled back to the floor mouth a gape stammering "of fuck." Andrea took a deep breath and nodded having resigned her self to the situation and her own human weakness. With her head hung low she walked over to Anna and stood over her." Whatever it is you're thinking, just tell it to shut up. We have to get out of here, and unless you want us to end up like him we are going to have to get through this together, do you understand?" In spite of her obvious fear and metal degradation Andrea looked at Anna with a stern determined look in her eyes. " Everything around you, everything inside you wants to kill you, except me, you will just have to find it in you to trust me on that." Andrea licked her lips and looked over at the obelisk to see what it will do now that Vincent's blood has been shed before it.

• Like 1

The sound of Andrea’s voice snapped Anna out of her dumbfounded state. Her head twitched a little, the movement quick and jerky, so that she was now staring blankly at Andrea, barely registering the words and yet they seemed to ring around her head. She could hear that small voice in the back of her mind laughing, mocking her. She shook her head as she lowered her hand from her mouth. There was a swell of anger inside of her chest that burst out, as her fear used the anger as a shield, “Trust you!? TRUST YOU!? HOW CAN I!? I BARELY KNOW YOU! YOU DON’T KNOW ME! Are you fucking crazy!? Look around you! It’s hopeless! How can there even be a way out of this!? This is all just so… so stupid!” The last word was distorted by a sob that caught at her throat as tears rolled down her cheeks as the angry outburst had robbed her of any remaining anger, leaving behind raw fear that caused her muscles to tremble and, to her shame, to cry uncontrollably.

With Vincent taking his own life upon the altar, blood flows freely upon the large stone slab. The human sacrifice along with the emotional turmoil fuels the powers from beyond their own human comprehension. With the body soon dead and lifeless, some of the long tendrils rise far up and snatches his body, pulling it into the depths of the tar like ocean below.

Symbols begin to glow along the altar, now soaked in fresh blood. Thereafter there is a heavy rumbling both heard as well as felt on the plateau. Luckily, nothing so bad that the two remaining humans cannot stay there.

It stops almost as quickly as it started and now a loooong wooden step bridge has stretched between the plateau and another one in the distance.

• Love 1

"Yes I am  crazy and so are you! Now get your fucking shit together, suck it up and deal with the fact that you don't know me or you'll end up like him!!" Andrea said pointing to Vincent as the tentacles lifted his lifeless body and carried it into the writhing ocean of tar below. Andrea heard voices in her head taunting her, under her gym clothes her skin was crawling ar the site of the dark tentacles dripping with putred black tar that trailed along the surface of the plateau. The voices persisted in her head, as if some malevolent force was dragging her to the edge of sanity, looking over at Anna she stood there and watched her cry doing her best to keep a brave face and lead by example even though her psychie was persistently fracturing with each passing second, her mind easing into a deep state of madness to which there may be no return.

The shimmer of tears began to form in Andrea's eyes as the plateau began to shake. The blood ran onto the alter and the bridge had formed for them to cross. Andrea looked scornfully at it thinking that the blood had satisfied the creatures sick desire for the moment, and anew stage of inhuman torture was waiting for them on the other side. The creature seemed to delight in giving them a flicker of hope before snatching it away from them mockingly. Andrea wasn't going to fool her self into believing there was hope for them, but all she could do is go along with this thing's sick game. Tears ran down her cheeks while she kept a stern straight face and she began to walk over to the bridge, stopping before she reaches it to look at Anna to see what she would do.

Edited by MultiChara69
  • Like 1

Andrea’s words were like a slap to the face, causing Anna to flinch and step back involuntarily. But they seemed to have their intended effect as the tears froze in place as Anna struggled to pull herself together. She was rarely this emotional, and she felt ashamed that she was letting them rule her like this. She looked up just in time to see the tentacles gripping onto Vincent’s body and snatching him away. Anna watched, horrified, as his lifeless body sank into the depths of the tar-like sea, to disappear and never be seen again. She gulped as she went to look back at Andrea, only to tremble as glyphs started glowing on the altar. She felt her entire body freeze, the muscles tensing to the point where they ached, as she feared what was to come next.

As soon as she felt the rumble on the plateau, she knelt down just in case it caused her to fall. The rumbles seemed to echo in her ears, and an answering rumble seemed to travel up her legs to thrum her entire body. She closed her eyes for a few moments, before they snapped open as the rumbling stopped. Slowly, she stood up and looked around. At first, she didn’t see anything different, but then her eyes spied the long wooden step bridge that looked that precarious. Movement caught her eyes and she watched as Andrea moved towards the bridge, before pausing and looking back at her to see what she would do. Hesitantly, she moved towards the other woman, shivering as she glanced out across the sea, “I’m… I’m not sure I’m comfortable going over that… w… what if the bridge breaks? Or we fall?” She asked, her voice small and almost pathetic in her own ears.

• Like 2

Andrea looks over at Anna tears streaming down her face before she looks back at the bridge. "Nothing about this is comfortable ." With a somber sigh filled with regret she looks back over at Anna" Then Vincent doesn't die alone.." Andrea's stomach churned her muscles spasming from the fear running through her body. The only thing keeping her even remotely composed was her perceived obligation to Anna and the deep hatred she had for this entity. Slow and unsure of her self Andrea stepped out onto the bridge taking a deep breath. Tears dripped onto her shoes as she looked down at the bridge and took another step, looking back over at over her shoulder she tried to muster up a little half smile but her face quickly turned into a grimace once she stepped further along the bridge.

Andrea's sweat soaked body gave her chills as she walked along the bridge, periodically looking back at Anna to make sure she was ok. With an awkward smile Andrea reached out her hand to hold Anna's not only to comfort her, but incase she slipped someone would already have her hand to pull her up. Drenched in sweat Andrea started to feel her self crack more and more her hand now starting to distort as she looked at it, the work around her bending and moving in grotesque pulsations bending a churning and seeming to crack before returning to the same black stillness as before. The mental strain of her trying to maintain her sanity was starting to add more pressure to her already fractured psyche. She trembled and shivered as she stood still waiting for Anna to take her hand.

Edited by MultiChara69
  • Like 1

The breath froze in Anna’s lungs as she watched Andrea take the first hesitant step on the bridge. Her body was tense, ready to leap and grab the other woman if the bridge happened to break and fall. Her breath left her in a gasp when she saw that Andrea was able to move a little further onto the bridge. When the other woman turned and held out the hand to her, Anna stared at it for several moments. She was very reluctant to take it, and follow Andrea. There was a large, paranoid part of her that was telling her that this was a trap. Despite what the voice was trying to convince her of, she doubted that Andrea was in on this. That she was just as much at mercy as she was.

She watched the trembling woman for a few moments before she slowly reached out and grasped the other woman’s hand and held onto it as tight as she could. She could feel how sweaty and slippery the other woman’s hand was. She had no doubt that her own were the same way, so she chose to cling even harder. Using the contact as a means to stabilize herself, Anna took her first few steps onto the bridge. She fixed her gaze on Andrea, muttering to herself, “Don’t look down…. Don’t look down…” She gave Andrea a slight smile, that no doubt looked more like a grimace than a smile, “Let’s get this over and done with…” She muttered, resisting the urge to cling more to the other woman.

Nothing seems to happen as the two of them slowly and carefully wander forward, taking a few cautious steps on the bridge. The bridge is a bit wobbly and creaks some, but it feels like it still holds fine for now. The black sea below doesn't act any different than from before and the massive eye in the sky just watches - silently, ever vigilant. The tendrils just writhe and snake around aimlessly, seemingly having no intentions as of now. The silence still lingers on and the only sounds are those generated by the obelisk or young women.

The other side is barely visible in the distance, the number of steps they have to take seems to be quite a lot.

• Love 1

Andrea turned to her as she chanted "don't look down" with a slightly stern voice she said" Look at me, what ever this is is not done fucking with us, so we are safe for now..when we get to the other side we are fucked.. We need to collect our selves as much as we can and try to think of something, anything, and the plan so far for me is to resist as much as possible." Andrea felt a little vindictive wanting to make things as difficult for this thing as possible. Hate being the only thing that suppressed the fear inside her, but the madness was still taking hold. As she walked she began to hallucinate seeing the bridge wobble more than it actually was seeing patterns and shapes not generated by the monster, it was like her mind was trying to get out and take her anywhere but here.

She thought that this entity was enjoying the sight of her suffering watching with a sadistic glee as her mind ripped it's self apart thrashing and struggling to escape the hopeless situation it had put her in. A quiet rage and her perceived obligation to get Anna through this the only thing keeping her stable in this moment, wanting to break down and cry just like Anna had done moments ago and like she did when she was first brought into this place. Anna could feel the trembling that permeated through Andrea as she brought them closer to the other side an anger coupled with fear that resonated through her very being as she moved closer to to the horror that awaited them on the other side, 

• Like 1