• Community Administrator

“Safe, she says…” Anna muttered somewhat sarcastically, “I don’t think we’ll ever be safe… This entire place is fucked…” She shook her head, trying to rid herself of the oppressive thoughts that seemed to want to beat down on her head. She could feel a small headache forming just above her eyes, making them ache. She avoided looking up towards that all-seeing eye. She felt small as it was, and had no desire to seeing its mocking gaze. Instead, she kept her eyes firmly fixed on Andrea, watching the woman as she led the way over the bridge. 

Through their connection, she could feel the other woman trembling. Clearly she was not as composed as she was making herself out to be. While Anna didn’t like the thought of someone being upset, or suffering, knowing that she wasn’t alone in her distress helped her feel better. She skipped forwards so that she was now closer to Andrea, letting go of her hand. Instead, she made Andrea wrap the arm around her shoulders, while she wrapped an arm around her waist, finding the physical contact comforting, “We’ll be better at balancing like this…” She said, giving the other woman a shaky smile as she helped Andrea cross the wobbly bridge. With every step that she took, the pit of dread and fear in her stomach grew deeper, twisting upon itself as they continued to walk to what was likely their long and painful death.

"'Safe' was not a good choice of words I admit." Andrea said in a shaky voice as she walked hand and hand with Anna across the bridge. Her mind breaking down even as she walked across the straight and narrow bridge. although reality as she knew it was long gone her mental stability was starting to waver with each passing step. Her breathing was shaky much like the bridge it's self, her panting punctuated with trembling little gasps. Eyes focused on the other side of the bridge as her vision became blurry and the once stagnant surface began to sway and ripple with the degradation of her mind. Her mind grew blank as sanity fled her, leaving her in a state of weary shock as the reality of the situation began to bear down on her. 

"uh uh ok, we are almost there." The trembling became more violent, he shaking much more noticeable to Anna. Andrea looked huddled together and feeble like a homeless person on a cold winter's day. she her self was wondering is she could go on like this. Could she function well enough to defend her self or Anna if danger should be thrust upon them? With a deep breath Andrea started chanting" I can do this" to her self as the end of the bridge came closer and closer. Her gaze hardened as she stared down the inevitable, doing her best to keep her mind clear and not speculate on the horrors that waited them on the other side of he bridge.  

• Like 1

“Yeah… yeah… almost… come on, Andrea…” Anna said, as much to reassure herself as the other woman. She could feel the other woman trembling against her, and she tightened her grip and pulled Andrea closer to herself. Her own body was trembling, but she was using her focus on Andrea and the bridge to help curb the fear that surrounded the two like an oppressive fog, pressing down on them and getting heavier by the moment. She gritted her teeth and concentrated as best as she could in helping Andrea to cross the unstable bridge. Each time she put her foot down, she feared that it would break under their weight and send the two women plummeting into the black sludge that she tried her best not to even think about. She just clung to Andrea and continued moving forwards, muttering under her breath as that voice seemed to laugh mockingly in the back of her mind, as if it thought her weak and pathetic. She only really looked up when they started coming to the end of the bridge.

As the two of them walk along the wobbly, yet sturdy enough wooden step bridge, they come closer and closer towards the other side. By now, they have reached a point where the surface of the next plateau is visible enough to spot the overall area.

The general area is barren except for a stand made to hold and support a singular book, that rests on top of it.

Beyond this, everything looks "normal" at least for a place like this.

• Love 1

Andrea approaches the final step of the bridge stepping off onto the baron platform."Klaatu Verata Necto, remember that incase we have to touch that book." she chants to her self sort of playfully  to try and calm her self down but her mind is giving her fits and becoming increasingly unstable, Her skin now pale and hair disheveled she steps tentatively towards the book, having no desire to pick it up by merely to look at it as it sat idly on the stand surrounded only by the empty plateau and vast endless ocean of slithering and flapping tentacles, the faint sound of which could be heard atop the plateau by both women.  The sound Filling Andrea with unease and distress, worrying that she may be next to be dragged into the depths of the black ocean much like Vincent. 

• Like 1

Anna glanced around when they reached the end of the bridge, almost glad to be on a much more solid surface. As there was nothing else, her gaze finally settled on the stand where the stand was with the book that sat almost innocently on its surface. She ignored Andrea for the moment as the woman stood staring at the book. Her curious nature made her want to open the book, and yet another part of her was screaming that she shouldn’t even touch it, let alone open it. She studied the book for a moment, her curiosity starting to get the better of her. It didn’t help that the voice in the abc of her mind whispered to her, ‘Open it up… go on. I wonder what is inside. No doubt you want to know yourself.’ After a few moments of debating with herself, she muttered softly, “I wonder if this has any answers to getting out of here…” She then reached forth, aiming to open up the book.

Adrea reached out and grabbed Anna's hand before she could grab the book "Do you want to touch anything in this place without gloves on." Andrea slid her book bag off of her shoulders and reached in to grab a pair of gloves  putting a pair on and handing a couple to Anna. with trepidation Andrea reached out to touch the book and opened it then recoiled back in case the book came to like and tired to attack her but so far nothing happened. horror crept into her very soul when she read even a single page of what was inside. Her frame trembling with a palpable dread at the terrifying revelations contained on just though couple of pages. 

As the two females approaches the new plateau, whereon the small stand is placed upon. As they get close enough, they can see what is indeed a book sitting there, though the cover seems to be of an odd material, not unlike leather and yet not quite so. The cover even feels a tiny bit oily, but nothing too bad, though the more the two of them stare at it and study the book itself and its content a few things quickly become clear and another fact slowly creeps into their minds and consciouness.

The slower realization being the material which this is made of. The pages are not of ordinary paper really, but rather a version of papyrus, yet more robust and enduring, in contrast to the normal brittle normal human version that they may or may not have been in contact with in their lives. The much more sinister and creepy conclusion comes once one of the ladies spot a blotch on the cover page itself. Even though they have had little exposure to the man called Vincent, somehow a memory creeps up of a birthmark on his skin. This birth mark reveals itself here as well.

The contents of the pages is written in many kind of languages really, spanning from Spanish and to even ancient hebrew, as if this was written by many different people. OF course, there is also an English portion of it. It contains following information:

"Oh how blind I have been all of my life! To think that thin veil of human perception was this narrow and ignorant! The time has finally come where I and soon everyone else, can and must see beyond the scope of our very mind. There is no, there is no down. No past, present or future. Our very existances has no meaning, purpose and value in the grand sceme of things and even the notion of such is utterly selfish and foolish!

To whomever reads this, you must do the same. For you see, there is no other option in the end. While I may seem stuck in this alien place, this is really where I have my home! IT is here I shall perish once [NAME UNREADABLE] decides that my puny shell shall serve him. For you see....there is no greater gift or purpose than this! ALL HAIL [NAME UNREADABLE]! Do not worry, whoever might read this! You will soon see it too!"

• Love 1

Anna flinched when Andrea grabbed onto her wrist, and she threw an irritated look at the other woman for touching her so suddenly it had startled her. She was further irritated when Andrea pointed out that it perhaps was not a good idea to touch it without gloves. She sighed, accepting the gloves given to her, “Yes, that’s a fair point. Just don’t…. Don’t grab me like that. It startled me, and this place already has me on edge.” She told the other woman as she pulled on the gloves before she turned her attention to the book. Her stomach was twisted in trepidation, but she knew answers possibly sat within that book's pages. She had seen some of the worst side of humanity during her explorations into the Dark Web. This was certainly nothing like what she had previously encountered, but she knew she had to steel herself for the worse. 

Her eyes scanned the pages, noticing the strange quality to them. Her eyes scanned the words on the pages, but they seemed to be different languages. She could pick up a few words, but they were too few and far between to make any kind of sense. She then froze when she saw the mark, staring at it in a growing horror, “I… I might be going crazy, but isn’t that… isn’t that Vincint’s birthmark?” She asked, shivering at the thought. Unconsciously, she found herself pressing a little closer to Andrea, before she glanced around as if expecting something to jump out at them.

She then turned back to the book as the readable words came into view. She felt her stomach twisting in horror the more she read the words, as they gradually sunk into her mind. She let out a soft hiss when she read the last few words, “This place is getting more and more fucking insane! What the hell!” She said in a low hiss, glancing around, “What if we don’t even want to worship this… this… thing. I saw mention of it in my search for what the hell is going on, in a forum post. It was saying something a little similar but this… this is much more detailed… and all the more terrifying because of it.” 

"Sorry, but better I touch you like that then a tentacle."  She said moments before she was locked in stone horror at the revelation that this book was made of Vincent's flesh, taking a frightened gulp she read the words inked in blood nodding in response to what Anna was saying about the birth mark on the page. Andrea stayed still feeling frozen in a mix of stern yet tariffed resolve, knowing now that neither of them can afford to die here. There was no honor to be gained in loosing your life in a place like this when all that will be done is to have your corpse be used as a manipulative example towards other captives. Andrea deduced that Vincent couldn't have felt this way if he was already dead, there was no sign of his ghost or any indication that he was fulfilled in living in service of this terrifying entity.

All she saw was the desecrated corpse of the man who gave his life to save theirs. A deep hate of this monster seemed to block out any sense of fear she had in that moment, a degusted contempt for the thing which toyed with them, lied to them, and manipulated them relentlessly. Her trembling ceased his mind filled with malice stifling the disappointment she felt that she could not save Vincent's life and spare him from such a tragic fate. Andrea's gloved hand turned the page and attempted to read what she can, having learned multiple languages from the foreign language classes she had to take as part of her curriculum. whatever she could make out all seemed like bullshit to her though she couldn't simply count out that this was nothing but lies. The creature seemed to describe it's self in the paged of this book, but it was hard to get a clear prospective from the constant language shifts.

"Yeah we're not going to worship this thing...What did the post say? Whatever you know might help me pick out the truth from the lies.. Still I don't see anything about weaknesses or how to escape this place so from the looks of it we are as good as dead if not dead already.." With her last words she felt a chill down her spine at the horrifying realization that this dark seemingly endless void may very well be oblivion it's self. A vast and endless entity of shadow from which there is no salvation, and that her and Anna are doomed to walk the eternal night until they met a similar or even more gruesome fate as Vincent. She shed tears lamenting her life and all the things she never did, sealed away in sterile or messy rooms preparing her self for something that would never come to be." I'm listening just kind of having a break down...I'll suck it up in a minute..."

Edited by MultiChara69
  • Like 2

At the question of the post, Anna frowned, trying to remember, “It said something about… we should let… whatever the name was… take you to the other side. That it was wonderful and that you should surrender. And that they would be there to take us… soon…” Anna trailed off and glanced around her, a part of her wondering if this was that ‘other side’ that they were referring to. Seeing it, made her even more reluctant to want to surrender to this figure. A part of her figured that Andrea was right. They were kind of dead already. Was surrendering accepting that fact and just getting it over and done with? Like Vincent had? A small part of her recoiled from that thought, wanting to never surrender or give up. But it warred with another side that just wanted her to give up, telling her that it was pointless to continue fighting. It would be easier to just give in and surrender.

She was so deep in her thoughts that she didn’t realise at first that Andrea was crying. She looked at the other woman, pausing for a moment in awkwardness. After a moment, she curled her fingers around the woman’s arm so that there was a more comforting physical connection between them. She was trying to offer comfort that Andrea did for her on the other island. To try and distract the woman, she began talking, “I don’t know if this is the ‘other side’ that the post was talking about. But clearly someone or something has brought us here, and they want us to surrender. Do you think that is what Vincent did? Surrender himself? Is that what they want us to do as well? Surrender? Kill ourselves or… each other?” The last two words had her stumbling a little before she shook her head, “I will never do something like that.” She would sooner hold the knife to her own neck before raising it to hard someone willingly. At least… that was her hope.

"I do think this is 'other side' but I don't think Vincent surrendered him self to this thing. I think he sacrificed him self so we could live and that's what I intend to do. I think this thing just mutilated his corpse and made him into the copy of it's latest book. Unless we find a way out of here I think we are going to end up being the sequel for the next group of college students this pervert decides to kidnap." Andrea stared at the book bound in Vincent's flesh, feeling a new resolve to find a way out of of this place. With deep breaths Andrea tries to muster up any reserve of courage she may have those it was scarce at best.

"I think it's just taunting us trying to overwhelm us with it's insurmountable force and awareness. I don't think anything in that book was anything Vincent said. Still what are we going to do to escape?" Andrea continued to breath deeply not letting her self be crushed under the weight of overwhelming dread. "There is no alter on this side so I don't think we even have the option of killing our selves or each other, so my conclusion is that we are being toyed with and there is nothing we can do but dehydrate to death. We need to find some means of moving on from this plateau and unfortunately I think the only possibility for instructions are reading that book, but I don't want to even touch the damn thing."

• Like 1

Slowly, the two of them can hear something for once in here, that is not their own voices or acting upon the environment. Not too far ahead, what feels like a brisk wind sweeps across the plateau, but for some reason it still feels...unreal and unnatural. Like it's not actual wind or air that does it. Along with this, the "wind" also reveals a path that extends from the plateau and to another part ahead.

The more prominent sound, however, is the sound of what looks like people far ahead of them, on another platformed ground, like their current one. Beyond the beings that are just barely visible, is what look like a rock with a shiny and fully flat surface.

The book on the pedestal lights up with a soft red glow.

• Like 1

Anna hummed a little at Andrea’s theory. She didn’t entirely agree with her, that paranoid part of her still whispering in her mind that Vincent had been working with this mysterious entity. He had killed himself to join it, finally. It was to also show them that their resistance was meaningless, that they should just surrender. It was an act that was meant to demoralise them, and Anna was honest with herself to admit that it worked. The longer they were staying here, the less she thought that they would actually get out of this. She bit her lip, her breath catching in her throat as it closed up. She swallowed, fighting past the tears. She glanced at Andrea, deciding not to correct the woman as, while she had been assigned to the university, she was not a student. That was immaterial right now.

Her gaze returned to the book as Andrea continued talking, although it seemed more for her own comfort than anything else. Almost bitterly, Anna told her, “That is, if we are allowed to dehydrate. For all we know, this thing could be keeping us artificially alive until we bend to its will. Give into its demands.” She then fell silent as she heard something, that was not Andrea or her own voice. It sounded like a breeze. She blinked a little before she could feel it ghosting across her face. But the feeling of it made her flinch a little. It did not feel right and it gave her the creeps. She opened her mouth to say something before she noticed another sound that rose above it. It sounded like people and when her gaze fixed themselves on the platform, she stared at it for a few moments before she glanced at Andrea. The glowing intruded in the corner of her eyes, and she glanced down at the book to see it glowing with a soft red light. After a few moments she said in a soft voice to Andrea, “... that makes me even more reluctant to touch it…”

• Like 2

Andrea began to theorize more and more about the situation driving her self mad once again with the the possibilities of what this thing could be what are it's motivations and how could they get out of there if there even is a way out. She thought the glowing red light and the sounds of people were all hallucinations as she can feel her mind deteriorate even further. Paranoia started to creep in thinking that if this thing cant get her and Anna to kill each other then maybe this entity brought in more people to kill them. She couldn't find a stable conclusion for anything that was going on. The steady play form looking shaky and wobbly in her perception succumbing to hallucinations once again. Tears still coating her cheeks she did her best to get a grip on her self taking deep breaths and doing her best not to over speculate any more, trying to clear her mind as best she could for Anna's sake at least. 

"Ok fuck, are those people over there?" Andrea walked closer to the edge of the platform trying to make out what they are doing. She turned back to look at the glowing read book wiping her tears on her sweaty jacket. "Ok so what the fuck are we going to do? I think this thing pulled in more people, and we don't know what they are going to do. I think the glow is trying to tell us to look at the book but I wont wanna touch that thing." With a sigh Andrea  did her best to think about the situation and try to be as brave as possible until they can figure out something to do but it felt like her mind was ripping it's self apart from the repressed fear, paranoia, and stress of the situation and she was having trouble thinking.

• Like 1

While still not close enough to make it out fully and properly, Andrea is able to see that they are sitting on their knees, chanting the same thing together and perfectly. There are about 14 from what she can tell.

The massive eye in the sky just keeps staring silently, inducing and prolonging the deep sensatiopn of paranoia going through anyone aware of it.

• Like 1

"Oh shit, Anna we have to move quickly." Andrea said frantically looking for a way out of there. In her mind she figures that those people are worshipers of this thing and if they wont kill each other then the entity will have them do the killing for them. She looks at the book wondering if it can be used as a weapon, also wondering about the dagger left behind on the other platform. " Ok ok what can we do should we go back and get that dagger?" She asked panicking and looking around frantically. Her clothes now soaking wet with sweat from the fear and paranoia she was being induced with. "Ok I need to get it together and come up with something, any ideas?" She started to take deep breaths to try and calm her self down, as far as she knew they were both still safe from these people not seeing a way they could cross onto their platform but it was still at this monster's discretion as to whether to not they would have a means to do so.

• Like 1

Anna turned her head when Andrea pointed out that there were other people here. Her heart seemed to leap up into her throat and she found herself freezing in fear. Fear of what those people were, and what they were doing. She almost ignored what Andrea said next as she stared out across the plateau at the figures. Even at a glance, there was no doubt more than enough to overpower the two of them, and that made her even more fearful. She then flinched when Andrea’s panicked voice told her that they needed to move. She looked back up from the book again and fixed her brown gaze on the other woman who looked even more panicked than she sounded. Anna didn’t know what to do, or what to say. She was paralysed with fear. What could they do? She certainly didn’t want to go near the people, although a part of her was deeply curious. And again, she wanted to look at the book again, but the glowing made her even more nervous. And the thought of going back across the bridge? She hated it just as much.

I don’t know why you’re bothering. You’ve given up, haven’t you?’ The sly little voice was back, causing Anna’s jaw to tighten as she resisted the urge to flinch.

Shut up! Leave me alone! I haven’t given up yet!’ She argued, rebelling against the idea.

Yes you have. I know you better than you do. Remember; I’m inside of your head. I know everything about you.’ The voice said. Anna wanted to howl and scream in frustration, but she determinedly ignored the voice. It couldn’t possibly be right. She didn’t want it to be. Struggling to control her turbulent emotions, Anna looked back at Andrea, resisting the urge to cling to the other woman like an anchor, “I… I don’t know. I mean… We don’t even know if those people are a danger… But we can go back across the bridge if you want. I… I am not sure I really want to be around that dagger after-” Her voice broke off and she cleared her throat. She glanced around, although she didn’t particularly register anything that she saw. Her eyes were then drawn back to the book and she felt the overwhelming desire to touch it. She wanted to know if the glow meant that something about it had changed. She reached forwards, opening it up to see what was inside.

Edited by Neptune
Fixing Formatting
  • Like 1

The surroundings around them do not change at all and the people chanting stuff seems very occupied with their current task. As it goes on, it doesn't seem to grow in volume as such, but the chanting is slowly creeping into the mind of Anna and Andrea. Not a whole lot, but enough to alert them of this happening, like a minor voice calling out in the backs of their minds. It sounds absolutely alien and incomprehensible to them.

"Iaaaaa'h! Nor-lug Kharazz iimit subré! Inak Zuuh namun! Qtangh thu'um Lará'Qutak!" is the closest the two can get in terms of human language and letters, but yet this still sounds very far off from what is heard. It feels like a single voice and not at the same time either, like a single entity speaking in many different tongues at the same time.

As Anna reaches for the book, nothing seems to happen to her or the book from the touch. As she opens the book up, the book itself flips to a fully empty page and something even more unexpected and weird happens before her eyes! The page, starting off fully blank and bare begins to form text on its own, like some invisible author is writing in it. It soon turns out to be a comprehensible English, thankfully.

"Hello Anna. I am guessing you are wondering where you are and why. I cannot tell you as I am just as lost as you are. However, in all my time here, I know there is a way to escape. You won't like it...in fact, you are even set up for leaving. The best I can tell you is that you are in a mindscape of some sort and yet it is a fully evolved world as well. It boggles the mind if you even try to think about it: so don't! Anyway...how to get out: There are those who are able to shift back and forth between planes. HOWEVER, you need one of those odd symbols like those weirdos over there has. Only way to get it...pray for it. Like I said...you won't like it...but it's the only way I know of...sorry".

• Love 1

Anna found herself screwing up her face, as if pained as her mind struggled to comprehend the words. Her head began to throb, as pain settled above her eyes, feeling as if it was pushing down. She shook her head, almost not wanting to listen to it. She glanced at Andrea, wondering to her thoughts on it. But it quickly left her mind when she looked back at the book and saw the book forming words on its own, as if someone was writing in it.

She felt her entire body go cold when the first words were ‘Hello Anna’. She almost shut the book and walked away at that point, but something kept her gaze glued to the words that wrote themselves on the page. The more she read, the colder she felt herself become. When she stopped reading, she shook her head and gasped out, “This is madness! Madness! This… this has to be a trap.” Anna looked up at Andrea, silently begging with her eyes for Andrea to deny her paranoid thoughts. This clearly had to be some kind of trap, to trick her into giving into what this… being wanted. She felt as if the giant eye was watching her every move, waiting to see what she decided to do. Whether she would continue to try and fight, or give in and surrender. A part of her did just want to obediently do what the book told her, but another part of her knee jerked away from it.

Andrea was panicking thinking about just making a break for that dagger but that bridge is not safe and if she rushes she might just fall over. The thought made her tentative about going to get it. Still it didn't change the possibility that if those guys came over here and threw them off the platform there wouldn't be much if anything they could do about it.  On top of that anna was starting to show the tell tell signs of cracking, hearing voices in her head. Personally Andrea didn't which was worse auditory or visual hallucinations. she tried her best to clear her head and think rationally but how much time did she have to do that. "Look I know but context is telling me that these people worship this thing, and yeah I could be being paranoid but I don't really thing it's the most illogical conclusion here.. then again look around I don't think logic is really applicable.." Andrea sighed the hoplessness finally settling in, but it was in that moment that the book started to form words.

She looked over at Anna patiently even though it sounded like bullshit, the book just said that these people were not worshipers of this thing  and that they had the ability to come and go. She looked into Anna's frightened weary eyes and sighed  again. "I don't know Anna if it's a trap or not, but clearly it's the only chance we have to get out of here and possibly fight this ..person...thing..maybe get it the help it needs I don't know..but it's a better shot than what we have." Andrea got down on her knees and clasps her hands together. " If I can leave and come back then you know this is legit..if I don't and you find another book made of my skin you'll know what not to to do so at least you might have a fighting chance." Andrea clasped her hands  then looked at the book " So wait Klatu verata nectu..i'm just kidding a little Evil Dead humor." She listened to the chanting people trying to distinguish what they are saying." 

She gave one last hopeful look to Anna, she was ready to risk her life for her so that maybe she could get out. She was very unsure of what she was doing but it didn't matter. With a deep breath she clasped her hands together and began to recite the prayer that the people were saying in the distance "Iaaaaa'h! Nor-lug Kharazz iimit subré! Inak Zuuh namun! Qtangh thu'um Lará'Qutak!" Andrea closed her eyes and repeated it prying to someone anyone to get her out of this nightmare. 
"Iaaaaa'h! Nor-lug Kharazz iimit subré! Inak Zuuh namun! Qtangh thu'um Lará'Qutak!"

• Like 1

Anna watched in horror as Andrea actually considered doing what the book told of her. Getting down on her knees and starting to pray. The blonde woman took a step back, unsure if it was going to be safe being so close to Andrea right now. Her instincts were telling her to pick up the book to use it as a makeshift weapon but she suppressed this urge. Instead, she kept her gaze glued completely on Andrea, to watch and to see what was going to happen to her. Was she going to actually get out? Or was she going to be turned into some kind of mindless slave for this entity- whatever it was.

Her eyes then flickered up, to look at the judgemental gaze of the giant eye that seemed to follow her every movement. She tore her gaze away, regretting the fact that she had looked up. She wanted to huddle behind the pedestal to hide from it. But her gut was telling her that it was pointless to even hope to hide from its gaze. Instead, she turned back to look at Andrea, watching and waiting to see what would happen. 

As Andrea kneels down and begins to chant, it soon becomes clear to them both that the worshippers ahead of them is doing the same thing and saying the same alien-like words. It is as if an otherworldly entity is creeping into the mind of the young woman joining the people chanting and praying.

Andrea:

Spoiler

As you get into the chanting, it soon triggers something quite weird and new. It feels as if your mind expands, making you aware of more and more around with each passing moment. First, you get a much more clear mental view about the place you are in with Anna. It feels like you are able to observe and take it all. A new sort of energy flows through  your body and mind, creating a sensation of odd bodily and mental power. It feels envigorating, insight awakening and absolutely thrilling - almost as if your perception is finally evolving beyond normal human scope.

The voice you heard from earlier, while still speaking in the alien language, is also more easy to understand."Mortal...this was always your fate...your kind is but pawns in the grand scheme of things...no, not even pawns...mere specs of dust within the grandieur of one of many planes....ohhh, how grand you have finally found your place...insignificant as it is...", the voice growls before vanishing and your mind expands slowly further and further still...

Meanwhile, nothing else seems to happen around them, except for a symbol slowly fading into existance on the back of Andrea's right hand.

b973230f352b7b5f6847723e59d9be61.jpg

• Like 1

Once Andrea finished her chanting she began to describe the changes going on in her body to Anna" Ok I feel my mind expanding  as if parts of my brain inaccessible to me are now able to be accessed I can perceive this world better than before, it's a massive black shit hole but I can see more of it with my vision. I'm aware of other energies and my mind can unconsciously decode the chanting going on around me.. wait I hear something.. It's this thing speaking. It called me a pawn, then doubled back and called me a meaningless speck of dust. I wouldn't pray to this unless is was a last resort.. " Andrea looked at the back of her hand at the symbol that manifested it's self into being. Her mind clear and her sanity seemingly restored to her she looked up at the eye seemingly thousands of feet above them." You know I think you were right when you called me a pawn, you see people who use that saying don't really understand chess. The pawn is the most important set of pieces they set up your defensive structure as well as the parameters by which the other pieces can attack, most importantly they are the pieces  with the most opportunity. See a knight is a knight a bishop is a bishop is a king is a king, but if a pawn makes it to the other side of the board they get to choose which ever of the three they can become. Now all I have to do is get on the other side of this board." Andrea calmly looked around looking for something, finding a swirling void of energy and she slowly approached it. She stopped in front of it and poked her head through to see what was on the other side, then slowly pulled her self back.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

As the moments passed, Anna became more and more nervous. Her stomach was almost flipping upon itself, causing bile to try and force its way up past her throat. Nervously, she shifted from one foot to the other. She flinched a little when Andrea began to speak, speaking in a manner that sounded like she was reciting from a book. Her instinctive reaction made her want to scoff and tell her to stop spewing shit, but there was no doubt that something was influencing the other woman. Her eyes were drawn to the symbol on the back of Andrea’s hand, and that made her nervousness hitch up a notch or two. She wasn’t sure what Andrea was talking about; it almost sounded like she was trying to not let herself be drawn into its dogma. It seemed a good way to protect herself. The blonde woman continued to watch her for several long moments before asking, “... well?”

• Like 1