Smiley's Arena (A gladiator spectacle RP)

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/ae/69/07/ae69076148a3e0240416f265d43c18d3.jpg

Welcome to the show! They call Mr. Smiley and this! IS my arena! The very stage in which olny the wildiest and truely suspenseful entertainments exist! You won't find another stage like it anywhere else! So if you're game please step forward and we'll see just what kind of guests can make it through to become champion!

My special order of mages specialize in time distortion and geographical displacecency! In other words, we can go wherever we want or make whatever we need to provide, YOU, the viewers the most delightful edge-of-your-seat thrills that is sure to leave you breathless and satisfied. Don't blink because we have death defying fights, close calls, and cunning clutches galore!

We have over 50 gladiators ready to take the stage against any newcomers seeking glory. We have scenarios and challenges that have rules for win conditions. We don't just host barbaric fights, oh no no no! We make the very players squirm and writhe in despair. Will they make it out alive? Who knows? But we will record everything straight to your monitors for all to watch!

Got a God who accepts my challenge? How about a God SLAYER to meet their match? Got a legendary warrior who wield the very essence of Excalibur? Lets pit him off against the very blacksmith who created such a fine relic! My arena knows no bounds and you'll surely be tuning in every day week or month to our broadcast. Stay in touch viewers! Because I know I will.

Bring your friends bring your guildmates and party members! I'd like to see you try and overcome what we at Smiley's Arena are offering. Riches and treasure! Fame and fortune! All yours for the taking. That is if you can prove your mettle.

~Smiley's Arena is an old gladiator arena that mixes every warrior/soldier genre together, from cavemen to sci-fi scientists or even anime warrior, to be pitted against all my creative ideas in an open roleplay meant for reading and taking part in the every page turning story. You the players make your choices and are pitted in certain rules to win the match or lose horribly. All results for actions and results are determined via dice roll.

(For example if you choose to break open a door, no one else from the party can lockpick it once the choice is made. Die is then rolled to determined the chances of sucess based on weapon the type of warrior providing the strength needed to break said door and then finally the material of the door and if it enchanced by anything else. If they suceed they the door busts open allowing access. If it fails the door does not budge, but the lock is now wrapped and bent out of shape preventing further interaction that might as well been the better choice. All rolls are rabdomized and with me as DM I'll be determining advantages and disadvantages. Lets say the lockpicker was a thief or a rogue who normally uses lockpicks. Address me with those traits before the event and I'll give the thief character an obvious advantage to locking or pickpocketing which in turn provide chances to obtain information or find loot or an alternative route towards the goal.)

Scenarios include your basic 1 on 1 fights with an NPC. This can be raised in difficulty by providing a gauntlet for said warrior, who will face off in three to four fights in a row to prove their worth. Group Challenges that require less vrute force and more teamwork and tactics to eliminate a boss or retrieve an artifact that then must be taken to safety. Another is a multi chamber fought battle where four participants enter faced off against four of my npcs for what I call a Battle Roulette where matches and fightinf area are determined through roll of a dice. Each enemy in the Battle Roulette will be designed to counteract each player participant in a certain way which leads to interesting matchups.

My arena also focuses on a rival system. Eventually once a player has done enough rights a rival npc will appear who will be using similar styles against said player and will continue to grow and challenge this very player. Rivals may he used against other players in different scenarios.

The audience, our readers, and fellow participants bring infamy. Which in turn bring titles to players and they may shower the player in adoration. They'll sneer and jest at Sniley and his staff in favor of their favorite fighter or they may pressure him into changing the fight a little. Thise special interactions are reserved only for those who partake in my events consistently and become treasured teammates for all other fighters. The Prestige role is as followed for now: 

1) Champion (Special title, poster plastered on the arena grounds, snacks and beverages named after them, higher chance to change a situation in their favor called "Champion's favor" which can scare enemies into retreat or have an action topple an obstacle in the mere attempt to overcome it.)

2) Crowd favorite (Grants "Stroke of luck" in which may or may not have been staged for higher entertainment value, allows nullification of a negative outcome that then favors the fighter or becomes a decent outcome, thus this player recieves a glorious fanclub that often chant their names or cries when this player befalls negative outcomes.)

3) The Villian (This role grants a drastic change to the audience making them roar out like animals just to see this player wreck havoc on everything around them. This grants the "Charismatic Flair" bonus that grants a very positive boon only to this player that also negatively affects teammates or themselves in a fight so long as this player continues to play the dark character doing selfish deeds and seeking glory for themselves they can maintain this boon.)

My events focus around taking one to four players. Every event starts with each player making their introduction into what basically looks like a simple dirt filled gladitorial dome that is then shapeshifted to be a different world with vastly different properties then what the audience may see.

So I have 50 npcs 5 group scenarios on hand and Battle Roulettes come naturally to me. Do you have what it takes to conquer this magically twisted stage? 

There' a couple of things I forgot to mention for mt even here. The event will be randomlt announced meaning players can then opt in by alerting me during that timeframe. Several characters player a key role in organizing this event.

The fiest main npc is Mr. Smiley as he is known. He acts at the announcer for the arena and is also the owner. Mr. Smiley dones a very creepy mask that hides his face from the audience always smiling no matter what his intentions or mood may be. He is ultimately the main goal to overcome for players. Other than what he shows on screen him and his true form are hidden away from prying eyes.

The next main npc character is named Whimsy. She is the daughter to Smiley and is actually the opposite of her father. While Smiley is manipulatuve and very bipolar, Whimsy is always positive and cheerful looking at the light of things rather than the dark. She acts as a romance option and is the overall coordinatir for the arena's staff and stores.

Next is Cloverfield. A man who hides a scar on his face under a hood. Clover is missing an arm amd is very uplifting but antagonistic to players who challenge the arena. He acts as a romance option and his main duty is being the head mage of the operation. He has no affiliation to Smiley or Whimsy and acts as another strange entity that claims he is repaying a favor to Smiley. 

These three characters have mysteries that be discovered and unfold the rest of the story for any player willing to work their way around to ultimately beating Smiley the big boss of the arena. This side story is seperate from the galadiator fighrs but will ultimately reference them a lot. This is an option for those who want a deeper story prpgress that isn't all about fighting and killing things. This is meant for those who probably want other genre options to experience such as slice of life or romance. Hell they can even offer erp or side missions for one to enjoy.

Archived