Hello Dreamers! It's been a while since I started any new threads, and it's felt even longer since I last made a thread that had a significant amount of effort put into it, so I'm hoping that by creating this thread I'll be able to somewhat make up for my lack of activity on the site in the last few months. Not that I'm making this thread purely out of worry of not being active enough! I am genuinely excited to showcase my video game collection here, and I'm going to try and go through each console I own in chronological order of when the console was released.

Everything I own is either Nintendo or Sega. I've never been invested in Microsoft consoles and I'm only vaguely familiar with Sony consoles (PlayStation One and PlayStation 2 are the only Sony consoles I played as a kid). I've been collecting video games from a very early age, and some of the games I have here are ones that I have owned for over 15 years. I should also mention that this thread won't show absolutely everything that I have. It doesn't include games that I have in my Steam library (which you can see for yourself if you look on my profile), and there are some games that I used to have which seem to have gone missing, sadly. I'll make note of any missing games in the relevant sections of this post as I go into further detail.

So with all of that out of the way, let's start with the earliest console I have in my collection, the Nintendo Entertainment System.

Nintendo Entertainment System

large.2099771780_VideoGameCollection(NES

This is the oldest console I have in my collection, and it's not one that I play a whole lot of. It's very nice to have though; very vintage, and I feel as though any dedicated Nintendo fan would have to own an original NES. Most of the games I have for it were games I picked up a few years ago, and are all decently priced, though they do seem to be a bit more expensive in the present day, and there's quite a few titles that you would be very hard-pressed to find now, given the console itself is around 35 years old now. In this collection, Tetris is one of the only games I have that is still in its original box (although sadly it has been opened).

I have 10 games for the NES. From top-left to bottom-right:

Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros. 2, Super Mario Bros. 3, Pinball, Totally Rad, Ferrari Grand Prix Challenge, Tennis, Super Mario Bros. & Duck Hunt, Dr. Mario, Tetris.

Super Nintendo Entertainment System

large.1457476994_VideoGameCollection(SNE

Up next is the SNES library! I've steadily collected some games for this console over the years, with my very first titles I played being the Mario games. The SNES originally belonged to my uncle, but as he grew up and found a professional career, a partner, and moved out of home, he wasn't very interested in playing the SNES anymore and was mostly done with video games altogether, so, he very generously offered to hand-down his console and a few of the games to me around my 12th birthday, and I've happily held onto it and expanded on the collection ever since.

Three of these games have different cartridges, as you can see in the top-left corner, the three that are slightly darker grey in colour and have a more defined "square" shape. These are NTSC cartridges, which are the standard format used in the United States. All of the remaining cartridges are PAL, which is the standard for Europe, Australia, and parts of Asia. As I live in Australia, most cartridges I find tend to be in the PAL format.

You might also be wondering what that thing to the left is. That's a Super Game Boy! It's essentially an accessory designed for the SNES a bit later after most of the games in its library were released, and it allows you to emulate Game Boy Colour games through the SNES, which is very nice, and they can all be played easily with a standard SNES controller.

I have 20 games for the SNES. From top-left to bottom-right:

Bubsy in Claws Encounters of the Furred Kind, Wing Commander, NHLPA Hockey, Plok, Donkey Kong Country, Street Fighter II, Super Mario All-Stars, Super James Pond, HyperZone, Shaq-Fu, Super Mario World, PGA Tour Golf, Adventure Island, Starwing, Pilotwings, Williams Arcade's Greatest Hits, Equinox, Desert Strike: Return to the Gulf, Final Fight, Zool.

Sega Mega Drive

large.1008581534_VideoGameCollection(Seg

The Sega Mega Drive (or the Genesis as it is known in the U.S.) is the only console I own that isn't Nintendo. For now it's the only Sega console I own too, but I am planning on buying either a Sega Saturn or Sega Dreamcast sometime soon if I can, so that'll be an extra addition to my collection. For now I have been focusing on buying some new games for this console, and these have been some of the most recent additions to my whole collection (some of these games I only purchased within the last month). The Mega Drive boasts some classic titles in its library, especially the Sonic the Hedgehog series, as well as some other classics like Ristar, Altered Beast, and Earthworm Jim.

The specific console I own, as shown in the image above, is known as a "Type II" Sega Mega Drive. The "original" model is a "Type I", and IMO the Type I looks much more aesthetically pleasing and its the one most people are familiar with. The Type I console has a few advantages too, such as a volume slider and the headphone jack which you could use to plug in a headset to use to listen to the game instead of hearing it through the television. The Type II model doesn't have a headphone jack. But at the end of the day, as long as it can play the games just fine, that's what matters most.

I have 10 games for the Sega Mega Drive. From top-left to bottom-right:

Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, DecapAttack, James Pond II: Codename: Robocod, Flicky, Rocket Knight Adventures, McDonald's Global Gladiators, Crüe Ball, The Ooze, Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle.

Game Boy Colour

large.1897023690_VideoGameCollection(Gam

I realise I should have included the Game Boy Advance with the Game Boy Advance SP you'll see in the next section of this post. Whoops. Anyways, here's my Game Boy Colour and my Game Boy Advance! I tend to prefer playing games on the GBC though, for the sake of the nice, retro, nostalgia experience you get with playing games on it. Same can be said for the very original Game Boy (the big, bulky one that's like the size of a brick. I don't have that model). I've always loved how the Game Boy consoles have so much variety when it comes to the colours of the devices themselves. There were lots of different designs made and some have even been made by fans. The lime green one which I have was one of the more popular ones when the GBC was at its peak in popularity, and I happened to choose it because green has always been my favourite colour. 💚 

I have 9 games for the Game Boy Colour. From top-left to bottom-right:

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, Lemmings, Bad 'n' Rad, Bugs Bunny's Crazy Castle 4, Mario Tennis, 3D Pocket Pool, Wario Land II, Bugs Bunny's Crazy Castle 3, Super Mario Land.

Game Boy Advance

large.98767085_VideoGameCollection(GameB

Aaaand here's the Game Boy Advance SP I was talking about. This little thing was the first console I ever owned. I believe I was given this Game Boy on Christmas Eve of... 2003? I know I was very young at the time, around five years old. Many of the games you see here are some of the earliest games I ever played, and this was what I had all the way until I got my DS Lite for Christmas in 2009. The GBA plays the Game Boy Colour games as well, so that's a bonus.

I have 12 games for the Game Boy Advance. From top-left to bottom-right:

The Incredibles, Banjo-Pilot, Wario Land 4, The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap, Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, Shrek 2: Beg for Mercy!, Madagascar, Madagascar: Operation Penguin, Game & Watch Gallery Advance, Pac-Man, The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords, Super Mario World: Super Mario Advance 2.

Nintendo 64

large.340485487_VideoGameCollection(Nint

While the Game Boy Advance was my first-ever console of any kind, the Nintendo 64 marks another relic of my childhood, serving as the first home console I was ever given, and perhaps the console I am most familiar with. This console and many of its games made up quite a lot of my leisure time in my early years, and it was always fun trying to play as much of these games as I possibly could; finding all of the collectables and unlockables, discovering secrets, and I never grew tiresome of beating the games over and over, knowing everything about them inside and out. I swear I had many more Nintendo 64 games than what is shown here in the above picture. Sadly, a few of my games have disappeared over the years and I have never been able to find them again. I used to have Mario Kart 64 and it was one of my most-played games, but it has gone missing. 😔 

It's not shown in the picture, but I have five controllers for my Nintendo 64. Two are the default grey, one is purple, one is a transparent lighter purple colour, and the last one is gold. I stockpiled controllers back in the day because my family would sometimes play Mario Kart and Mario Party multiplayer. Sometimes we would have 4-player games, and whenever we had those it was always a joyous occasion. The three Rumble Paks I have, as well as the Transfer Pak, all came with the controllers I purchased way back when. I don't think I have ever used the Transfer Pak, as its main purpose seems to be for the Nintendo 64 and Game Boy copies of Pokémon Stadium, Mario Golf and Mario Tennis, which I have never owned on both consoles.

I have 19 games for the Nintendo 64. From top-left to bottom-right:

Yoshi's Story, Star Wars Episode I: Racer, Super Mario 64, Command & Conquer, Wayne Gretzky's 3D Hockey, Rugrats in Paris: The Movie, Snowboard Kids, F1 Pole Position 64, Super Smash Bros., Tonic Trouble, Mario Party, Mario Party 2, Banjo-Kazooie, Banjo-Tooie, Diddy Kong Racing, Star Wars: Shadow of the Empire, Lylatwars, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Donkey Kong 64.

Nintendo DS & 3DS

large.380450517_VideoGameCollection(DS3D

My Nintendo DS / 3DS collection is... lacking, I feel. I used to have nearly twice as many games as shown here, but I ended up giving a lot of them away to a family friend back in 2018. Part of me wishes I had have kept them, but at the same time I don't think I was ever going to play them again, so I gave them away to someone who wanted to play them, effectively giving those games a nice new home. I still to this day have my DS Lite, but I no longer have my 3DS. I had to dispose of my 3DS in 2017. I had owned my 3DS since 2011 and it was my most-played console throughout my adolescence. Around the beginning of 2017 the back of the device started to foam battery acid, and it started to inflate and pop out the back casing, so at that point it actually became a health hazard and it was dangerous to use, to I immediately had to get rid of it. I've never had another 3DS since, and, part of me wants to, but at the same time I feel like I'm too busy nowadays to get myself deeply invested in DS/3DS games again, so, I can do without this console for now.

I have 20 games for the DS & 3DS. From top-left to bottom-right:

Mario Kart 7, New Super Mario Bros., Game & Watch Collection, Rhythm Heaven, Cooking Mama 4, Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story, Diner Dash, Luigi's Mansion 2, Rabbids Rumble, Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy, Metroid Prime Hunters, Professor Layton and the Curious Village, Professor Layton and the Lost Future, Professor Layton and the Last Specter, Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask, Code Name S.T.E.A.M., Scribblenauts, Super Scribblenauts, Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games, Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time.

Nintendo Wii

large.215503059_VideoGameCollection(Wii)

As I'm sure most of us here are aware, the Nintendo Wii was the in-thing around 2006-2010. It was very popular at the time, and it was cool to have one in your home. They were expensive at the time too, and it's astounding how cheap they are in the present day. It's not uncommon to find spare Wii consoles for $30AUD in thrift stores and whatnot, so, that goes to show how much their popularity and value has plummeted over the years. That's not to say that the Wii is a bad console or has since become a bad console, it's still very much an amazing piece of technology and has a fair share of awesome titles.

Sorry about the bad lighting in the above image. Most of the light is obscuring The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword near the bottom-left corner. Excluding the two duplicate games here, I have 24 games for the Wii. From top-left to bottom-right:

Wii Fit, Mario Party 8, Who Wants to be a Millionaire, Super Smash Bros. Brawl (yes, I own two copies of this game, I don't know how), MySims, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Link's Crossbow Training, Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games, Rayman Raving Rabbids: TV Party, Raving Rabbids: Travel in Time, Mario Strikers Charged Football (also own two copies of this), WarioWare: Smooth Moves, Super Paper Mario, Super Mario Galaxy, Let's Tap, Girls Life: Sleepover Party, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games, Super Mario Galaxy 2, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Game Party, Wii Play, Mario Power Tennis.

Nintendo Wii U

large.1831988378_VideoGameCollection(Wii

And ~finally~, we have the successor to the Wii: the Wii U. This console is, shockingly, considered a commercial failure. It had a lot of potential and very easily could have taken-off and surpassed the original Wii in the amount of units sold and commercial lifespan, but it fell very short and was discontinued after a short while, right around the time the Nintendo Switch started to show up on the market. Like with my DS games, I used to have quite a handful of Wii U games, but I've since sold most of them as I seldom play the Wii U myself. All of the games in the picture above are pretty worthwhile and enjoyable, except for Mario Party 10. That's the worst Mario Party game I've ever played, and I think many would agree with me. 😖 

I have 6 games for the Wii U. From top-left to bottom-right:

Splatoon, Mario Kart 8, Mario Party 10, Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush, Hyrule Warriors, Nintendo Land.

And there you have it! That's about everything. This took a long time to write up, and at the time I've finalised this post it is very late at night, so I apologise if this post is kinda sloppy and seems 'rushed' towards the end. I hope you all enjoyed this tour throughout my video game library, and I'm hoping to maybe update this every once in a while, seeing as I am hoping to collect more games and even acquire some more consoles later on!

Peace out, and game on~. ^^ 🌻👾🎮

Hell of a collection. For the Genesis  I would say look into Phantasy Star, Light Crusader, Shadow Run, and Shining Force 2. All of them are high quality rpgs! Such amazing games I spend sooooooooooo many hours on as a kid.  (If you like those kinds of games)

For the N64 one of my most played games as Hexen. I loooooooooove that series, Three characters to play as with each having strengths and short comings. It’s a fps where you travel through the realms to stop an ancient evil. Very fun game.

The Sega Dreamcast is an amazing systems! So many fun games and it was durable! My favorite two was Phantasy Star Online (fun single player but it’s better with friends) and Record of Lodoss War, an arpg based partly off the amazing anime. So many things to do in the game as well as gear to collect and epic weapons to unlock with runewkrds to learn!

Thats what I can think of off currently. Hope your collection continues to grow and have fun!

Thank you for your reply, Kerzin. I'm glad you liked this showcasing of my collection. I may have to look into trying out some of those RPG games you mentioned, and if I intend on building up a substantial game collection I may end up buying those games eventually. I'm surprised to hear about the Sega Dreamcast, it seems like an amazing console that was very unfortunately left behind and forgotten about. Did you used to have one at some point? I'd love to get one of my own and some games for it but they're pretty expensive.

Archived