What is the most painful thing you can imagine/have seen?

2 minutes ago, IsabellaRose said:

I spiraled into a depression that I probably shouldn't have survived. But I did survive, and I found a way to come back from that darkness to a place where I can share my life with others again

Although I am just a stranger, I would want you to know that I am proud of you that you are still here. The battle is never easy, but you survived it, that's admirable. You matter, and I hope you have realized that. I wish all the very best for you.

5 minutes ago, IsabellaRose said:

Who are you going to trust - someone who studied what you might be experiencing in a textbook, or someone who's been there, faced the same demons, and lived to tell the tale?

That's a hard question to be honest, especially when it feels like everyone in the world is out to get you. I would keep wanting to trust myself as in seeking out professional help, medication while keeping an eye out to see if anyone is trying to break through the walls to get to me.

42 minutes ago, Iori said:

Although I am just a stranger, I would want you to know that I am proud of you that you are still here. The battle is never easy, but you survived it, that's admirable. You matter, and I hope you have realized that. I wish all the very best for you.

Thank you. It took literal years, but I'm as close to "vanilla/normal" as I'll ever be now. 

36 minutes ago, Iori said:

That's a hard question to be honest, especially when it feels like everyone in the world is out to get you. I would keep wanting to trust myself as in seeking out professional help, medication while keeping an eye out to see if anyone is trying to break through the walls to get to me.

I mean, honestly... professional help is always best. Those people are trained and I'd probably be dead right now without my therapist. But... sometimes someone like me, who is clearly not trained, can be the kind of motivation someone needs who would not otherwise  go. Someone who thinks it won't help, or it can't help... if I tell them where I was and they see where I am now... sometimes I can help nudge them in the right direction. If I can even do a little, I feel like I should. I know how it works now, not just therapy, but everything... spiritually I know we're all connected, so if I can help my sister or brother (in a "we're all siblings on this planet" kind of way) find peace, or at least less pain, then I have an obligation to do so. At least, that's how I see it.

There is no such thing as normal... just conformity to social norms. Trust me when I say that wearing the mask of conformity brings its own form of pain.

As far as being loved... you are. You may not realize it, but if you sit with yourself, by yourself, and listen to your heart, find your calm center, feel your connection to everything, you'll hear me and thousands more like me, sending our love to everyone in the world every single day. 

13 minutes ago, IsabellaRose said:

Thank you. It took literal years, but I'm as close to "vanilla/normal" as I'll ever be now.

That's an achievement to be honest. I am happy for you.

15 minutes ago, IsabellaRose said:

But... sometimes someone like me, who is clearly not trained, can be the kind of motivation someone needs who would not otherwise  go. Someone who thinks it won't help, or it can't help... if I tell them where I was and they see where I am now... sometimes I can help nudge them in the right direction. If I can even do a little, I feel like I should. I know how it works now, not just therapy, but everything... spiritually I know we're all connected, so if I can help my sister or brother (in a "we're all siblings on this planet" kind of way) find peace, or at least less pain, then I have an obligation to do so. At least, that's how I see it.

I agree with you there. The first time I went to a therapist, I kept feeling like she was smirking and chuckling like, as if she caught someone's petty lies. I have had severe trust issues that time, so it's possible that it was only my imagination but after that first impression I was never eager to go back to any therapist again. When I was on the watch for the third time, my parents sort of forced me to see another therapist. It still took me a while to trust the therapist but it started to get better. If I had a second perspective after the first impression, I probably would have started to get better sooner. Then again, I could never really open up to anyone but things, the few people I did open up to somehow found a way to use it against me. If you do find someone else like that you care for, being stubborn to not open up; don't give up on them. But I think you know about that well cx

8 minutes ago, Iori said:

It indeed is sometimes, but eventually we get used to the peace of being alone in an addictive way too sometimes.

I found being alone to finally be therapeutic, but only once I learned to love myself. Before that being alone was torture, because I was always in such terrible company. Once I learned to accept myself, and eventually love myself, being alone was no longer so terrible, and eventually, I came to enjoy my own company.

Archived