Across the Land of Kalthernia

IT was a misty morning if the long sprawling forest in the land of Kalthernia, so vast and sprawling that the forest alone spanned a small country. In that mist a night riding on horse back and cloaked with the ragged cape of a peasant quietly road along the narrow trail of the forest. the sounds of woodland creatures scurrying and bird chirping filled his ears though it did little to raise his spirits. His only thoughts were of vengeance, vengeance on those who assassinated his king and destroyed the kingdom for which he served. His head perked up when he heard a faint struggle in the distance. He had the horse move quicker hoping that it was nothing and that he would not be noticed.

As he grew closer the commotion grew louder, the situation becoming more apparent. The loud screams became clearer and the words could be made out as he approached. The sounds of spears and arrows could be heard hitting the tee and the ground, mingling with the loud jeers of pursuers and the cries for help from a woman fleeing for her life. He drew his sword quickly and began to trot closer, the sounds of the horses hoofs drown out by the screaming and running of the three people ahead. The man held his sword at the ready as he road through the trees and into a clearing where he saw them, two human hunters cornering a dragon woman against a tree looking to take her by any means necessary.

Without warning the man road in and beheaded one of the hunters, blood shooting up from the stump of a neck where his head once sat. He turned to face the other hunter but the hunter held his spear at the ready. As the man made another pass  the hunter lunged his spear toward him but it was quickly parried by the man's sword. The hunter was thrown off balance but before he could right him self the man slashed through his collar bone and chest causing the hunter to fall to the ground dead. Now that both hunters were disposed of the former night dismounted from his steed and approached the dragon woman. "Are you alright?" He asked standing before her dripping with the blood of her enemies.

@dani2020

Edited by MultiChara69

The dragon woman when seeing the young knight, covered by the blood of the people who wanted to kill her, did not give her much confidence if it can be said, happiness of being saved or fear of just falling into the hands of another danger was the only thing that crossed her mind, she could only do was nod and step back to avoid contact with the mysterious man.

"Are you going to kill me?" she asked fearful and trembling while hiding her wings that showed a wound caused by the hunters, the blood that fell out of her wings to the ground was staining the grass giving it a red hue.

Edited by dani2020

"No, I have no intention of killing you." He said so the dragon woman her wound apparent as she dripped blood onto the grass below. with a tilt of his head he motioned for the dragon woman to follow him, leading her to his horse so that he could grab a clean bandage for her wing." I doubt you can fly in this state, you may ride with me until we get to safety." He came back and wrapped up her wing in the bandage her blood quickly soaking through the white cloth." My name is Gilnear, what is yours?" He asked looking over at her, wiping the blood from his brown bushy beard. Once he had cleaned his sword he sheathed it and mounted his horse offering her a hand to get on behind him.

She doubted for a while before taking the man's hand, this could be a trap even if the knight cured him and offered him help, it did not mean that the place where he would take her would be safe, she took her time to think until she took him holding hands, looking at his eyes saying "it's fine human, I will trust your word" getting on the horse, she holds the knight's waist so as not to fall "Libelle is my name and I'll accept your help"

Edited by dani2020

"Good, is there anywhere I can take you? An Inn perhaps?" He asked spurring on his horse to ride through the forest riding with her along the trail through the forest, keeping his eyes open for any possible threats. The sun shined brighter through the trees as it grew higher in the sky. The horse kicked up dust as they made their way along the trail. Wind blew through their hair as they road but there was no sign of an exit to the the winding maze of the forest. He was hoping her could fin a village or a town to settle in but as the day went on and hours passed there seemed to be no end in sight. The sun started to set the trees and grass colored in a hue of orange as the sun sank lower in the horrizon and it wouldn't be long until they had to stop and make camp.

"we haven't found the exit of this forest yet" she looked at the knight telling "we must camp here until the night fall, the night is dark and dangerous, specially in this forest" the dragon woman said trying to keep calm, knowing that she have to pass the night with this human, the wound on her wings still hurts so she won't be able to fly away from this man "there's not choice we must camp"

"Alright I agree with you." He stopped the horse and  let her get off first before dismounting off the steed. Gilnear looks around for a spot to camp opting to set up in a small clearing between two trees close to the road. With a deep breath he relaxes to ease the tension of the situation as he unloads his camping equipment from his horse and sets up his tent.  there are no stones around for him to make a fire so he decides to cut down some trees to make a bundle of sticks  on the trail." With his sword he cuts down some branches and bundles them together before turning to the woman. "Can you make fire?"

She nodded approaching the bundle of sticks, she inhaled a large amount of air and then exhaled a large controlled blast of fire that set the sticks on fire, she sat on the ground and brought her hands near the fire to warm up, due to the fact that Her skin was fireproof it was impossible for her to burn, She sighed calming looking straight into the burning fire quietly as if it were her natural state.

"Thank you" he sat down by thw fire and held his hands over it relaxing and thinking how they are going to get out of these woods. The tension was palpable but Gilnear wasn't one for small talk. He just relaxed grateful for what she can do for him."Are you hungry?" He asked starting to feel that way him self. Gilnear got up and went to his steed to get some provisions, coming back with a bag of jerked meat and holding sone out for her.

@dani2020

Libelle looked at the jerked meat with desire, her stomach growled, she had not eaten all day, she slowly made herself take the jerked meat from the Knight's hands, eating it with pleasure, when she finished her meal she realized what she had done Flushing with embarrassment, she looked at Gilnear and said "T-Thanks for the food" she said with shame.

@MultiChara69

Edited by dani2020

"You're welcome, are you alright Libelle?" He asked seeing the look of shame on her face, making him concerned. There was no need for her to feel bad for taking food from him, it wasn't like she didn't contribute by making the fire. He took another piece for him and her  then put the bag off meat away." There is no need to feel ashamed, if you want to help we can go hunting for more food in the morning. from the way things look I doubt we will be out of these woods in less than a day.

"I-Okay, but I want you to know that I still don't completely trust you yet" She said eating her dried meat, she didn't trust Gilnear yet, not only with only him but with all humans, humans and dragons They have had a very complex relationship for a long time, there was a peace agreement between these two species, but neither fully respected them. "I appreciate your kindness and that you saved me but ... I don't trust humans, I hope you can understand"

@MultiChara69

"I-Okay, but I want you to know that I still don't completely trust you yet" She said eating her jerked meat, she didn't trust Gilnear yet, not only him but all the humans, the humans and the dragons had. A very complex relationship for a long time, there was a peace agreement between these two species, but neither fully respected them "I appreciate your kindness and that you saved me but ... I don't trust humans, I hope you can understand"

@MultiChara69

Edited by dani2020

" I understand..Im not bothered by it." He looks over at her finishing his meat ti subdue his hunger then relaxes by the fire, taking in what ever warmth he can. He understood that a dragon wouldn't trust a human especially considering what happened between the two species. Even more so the things that happened to her and thw circumstances of their meeting. Humanity can be a treacherous race so even after saving her life it was understandable that she would not trust a human being. All he could do was prove in time that his only intentions are to get her ti safety.

Libelle finished her meal, she looked at the night sky, she began to remember her kind and the freedom they had when flying, thinking about it made her remember the wound on her wings giving her more pain than before, She looked at the knight remembering the hunters who did this to her, she began to quietly crying "I hate humans" she said as fire leaked from her mouth and angrily hitting the ground with her tail.

"I'm not found of them either, human being killed my lord slaughtered my people and destroyed my home, whatever they didn't burn they took for them selves with out pity or remorse. On top of that they are my own species. It helps to try and get some prospective and realize that there are good and bad in every race, but it's hard to deny that there are many bad humans." Gilnear said looking at her with a stern and sincere expression. "I can't offer you revenge against the humans who did this to you, but if you join me together we can kill those who have wronged me and as many bad humans along the way as we can. Revenge is not a clear path it is very much like this forest, I can only get through it one tree at a time."

Libelle laughed after hearing that request "Are you really asking me to join your hunt? Humans always think about killing..." She thought for a moment,Gilnear could be her only option to escape alive, she then sighed smirking as she looked at Gilnear "Okay human... I'll join to your carnage, just because I owe it to you for saving me hours ago" She said accepting the request of the knight, she no longer had any other options, unable to fly, she needed help to get out of the forest.

Edited by dani2020

"Well it is my soul occupation, so I can't make any excuses." He watched her think about it, her reasoning visible on her face." Carnage what do you take me for? This is revenge, far more wholesome." He joked realizing that it would be a long journey and a long night together. The fire was starting to die down nd he needed to go collect more wood to fuel it." Watch the camp I need to get more wood." Once he spoke he got up and set out into the woods to find more to cut.