Honey, It's Cold Outside

A note of caution, this is dark in nature, sad, and has themes of an emotionally abusive and controlling relationship, an emotionally disturbed person, sorrow, killing, and kidnapping.

Do you remember?

The day you left me, you told me I was as cold as the early morning ice. Hard, rigid, and unforgiving. 

It was Christmas Day last year...you were gone before nightfall. I'd left in a fit of rage...I never got to say goodbye. You disappeared without a trace, a single note the only evidence you'd been there at all.

Honey, it's cold outside. And it's cold inside. Wherever you are is eternal winter, a frozen hell devoid of sunlight. A blooming heart can't grow in that. I can't stay frozen forever with you, I'll die. Please forgive me, but I must go.

That is what you wrote.

I don't have the note, but I burned it into my mind, just like I did with every memory of you. Like the way I'd wake up to the earthy aroma of coffee in the morning, and find you sitting at our little table for two. How warm your smile was...how it brightened my every day. The poetry you read and wrote. How you would huddle into me for warmth in the winter months...and the smell of that fruity shampoo you liked to use. The way your skin tasted, and how we moved as one. 

I worshipped the very ground you walked on. You were my goddess of summer, the only thing I ever needed. The only thing I ever loved. And you left me. That was the day winter truly began...and it hasn't stopped since.

But I found you. October of this year. You were with another man. With a little digging, I found your relationship with him spanned back into ours. So, truly, tell me, love. Who is the frigid one? Who has ice in their veins? It wasn't me...but now...I'm changed. 

I traded off my poverty and dreams of love for cold riches hiding behind a pretty silver gun. It's time to bring an end to the haunting winter that destroys me from within. I have a gift for you, my love. It comes December twenty-fifth at one.

Because, honey, it's cold outside. And it's cold inside. You put me in this eternal winter, this hell devoid of light. Your heart was entwined with another, and you left mine to freeze and die. You'll have to forgive me, but I've come back. It's time to pay, tit for a tat.

December twenty-fifth at one, you were snuggling with your beau on the edge of a park. The bench was small, and you shared a blanket. Is he not warm enough? Or is your heart just that cold? Never mind. Soon, it won't matter.

Honey, it's cold outside. My boots crunch loudly in the snow, but my silver is quiet. All it took was a silencer and approximately five seconds. A piece of cloth and a splash of chloroform. A minute of struggling, and then you fell still. My goddess. My everlasting sunlight.

Honey, it's cold outside. But it's warm inside, you'll see. You'll never be cold again. Summer has come with your sunlight, nary a snowflake to be found. Your heart can grow here...and so can mine. You've thawed the ice away, and now it's here to stay. You are forgiven, be assured, and you will never be missed again.

Archived