Keya's Dorm Room

As she looked around, she wouldn't notice much in terms of hobbies, but the things that stand out the most are two picture frames on his drawer, one being of the slime girl Lucy and himself, with Keya having an arm around her shoulders and pressing his cheek up against her own, moving her glasses out of the way but regardless having enjoyed her time. The other picture was of the human boy with the blue hair, Ruben, and Keya, tryharding on a game at an arcade. He also had a worn night table, to Karnis' left, that would have another framed picture on it, with a group selfie of Ruben, Lucy and Keya, as well as a nearly broken modern alarm clock. It looks like he's the type of person to keep a lot of memories around, especially of his friends, but around the room he'd have pictures on his wall as well, some of it being of his parents in feral form, as well as volcanic lands. It fit the aesthetic, to say the least. Among the framed pictures on the walls, there's also tons of posters around, mainly on the wall that his bed is against at. These consisted of well known musical bands who mainly make rock and metal music, some posters were of anime, and, to tell the truth, there's also a couple of posters with some rather nice looking ladies on them, both human and monster. He doesn't seem to mind Karnis seeing them, though.

"Tea it is." The dragon boy says so, turning to the kitchen as he took a couple steps closer to it, taking out what seems to be a pot. He'd look back, to answer her question. "Visitors? Yeah, actually! Even though it's mostly me visiting others, Ruben and Lucy come around a lot. Lance does as well, but he's usually here to just drag me to a party of his.." He chuckles, nervously, turning back as he filled the pot up with some water. His stove didn't look in good condition, but he doesn't even use it to heat up the water. For a moment, he looks over to Karnis. "What about you, do you get visitors? We haven't had a chance to get properly acquainted yet, even though we've been classmates for a year.. so I certainly hope we can.. s-somehow.." He blushes slightly as he looks off to the side, leaning against the counter while holding onto a pot, only to soon raise it above his head. He'd look up at it and just like that, he'd pucker his lips and take a deep breath, blowing gentle and controlled fire at the bottom of it, not creating any smoke from it at all. He does keep an ear out for any of her replies, though.

The gazer girl looks around slowly, panning gently to try and take it all in, especially the pictures with Lucy on them. There seems to be quite a focus on certain things. Karnis feels a bit bad about not having a greater circle of friends and she doesn't really know how to change it exactly. She has no idea who all these bands are either, leaving her even less sure about what to converse about. Well, at least she can ask what they are, but beyond that, she is not very sure how much she can wring out of that. Her focus is drawn to Keya once more as she is answered. The response just makes her feel even worse really and she is bad at hiding it really as she looks rather disheartened. It doesn't help that she has seen much to Lucy lately. She doesn't really answer, but simply shakes her head at first."No...not really...I am not very...you know...social...and such. I worry a lot...all of the time...I am sure only Lucy is able to deal with me", she says whilst fiddling with the scissors.

Needing only a couple of seconds of heat to make the water hot enough with his personal flame, he stops blowing out anymore and grabs a medium sized tea cup, pouring the hot water in it, then grabbing a small raspberry flavored tea bag to place it into the cup, letting it sit in the hot water as he places said cup onto a smaller plate to bring it over to Karnis, sitting down next to her, careful to not disturb anything with his large tail or wings, handing it over to her. "Here you go. Hope you like raspberry. Careful, it's hot.." He waited for her to take it after he warned her. "I remember when I wasn't so social either, but spending my time here has definitely changed me." He smiles as he spoke softly, looking over to her though seeming a bit embarrassed. "I got a bit.. louder and stuff, which I'm sure you've realized.. b-but, enough about me.." He said so, trying to dismiss talking about himself, mentioning something to her as he tries to slowly converse with her. "I'm happy that you have Lucy by your side, she is a great friend, after all. What do you mean by 'deal with you', though?" He asks her, raising a brow, not seeming to have understood that part, almost a somewhat concerned look on his visage. No matter how much time she needs to speak, he waits for her to talk in her own way and pace, not rushing her at all and just overall being patient. Almost as if she's not even talking to the loud and obnoxious Keya that everyone knows and loves in class.

Edited by Godot

17 hours ago, Godot said:

Needing only a couple of seconds of heat to make the water hot enough with his personal flame, he stops blowing out anymore and grabs a medium sized tea cup, pouring the hot water in it, then grabbing a small raspberry flavored tea bag to place it into the cup, letting it sit in the hot water as he places said cup onto a smaller plate to bring it over to Karnis, sitting down next to her, careful to not disturb anything with his large tail or wings, handing it over to her. "Here you go. Hope you like raspberry. Careful, it's hot.." He waited for her to take it after he warned her. "I remember when I wasn't so social either, but spending my time here has definitely changed me." He smiles as he spoke softly, looking over to her though seeming a bit embarrassed. "I got a bit.. louder and stuff, which I'm sure you've realized.. b-but, enough about me.." He said so, trying to dismiss talking about himself, mentioning something to her as he tries to slowly converse with her. "I'm happy that you have Lucy by your side, she is a great friend, after all. What do you mean by 'deal with you', though?" He asks her, raising a brow, not seeming to have understood that part, almost a somewhat concerned look on his visage. No matter how much time she needs to speak, he waits for her to talk in her own way and pace, not rushing her at all and just overall being patient. Almost as if she's not even talking to the loud and obnoxious Keya that everyone knows and loves in class.

Karnis accepts the cup and puts it down on the nearest surface so she doesn't have to hold it constantly, especially given its temperature. She listens carefully whilst the dragon male speaks to her about the current topic, wondering how he might have been like before. She has a hard time not imagining him being loud and a bit scary. Thankfully, the current situation mostly deals with the latter of those things, as she is not really scared so far."I must admit...hard to imagine you not being loud and outgoing...as for that last part...well..as you may have guessed, I am not the most self assured and confident person around...I doubt many other that Lucy would find my company fun or interesting", she says softly, before sipping down some tea.

Keya simply hears her out again, placing his hands a bit behind him as he leans against them, his arms acting as a support. His large green scaled though soft tail slowly sways to the side, though not too much for it to be bothersome. The dragon boy smiled warmly at the gazer girl, letting out a chuckle and shaking his head side to side in a negative fashion. "Nonsense, 'Nissie! This is the first time we've properly talked and I'm already finding your company fun. Besides, how can someone not find fun in talking to an adorable gazer like you?" He grins, with his sharp, pearly white teeth showing, closing his eyes as he tilts his head sideways just a little bit, soon enough closing that mouth of his just in case she decides to get scared of his teeth or something. They weren't that big of a deal, anyhow. He stops leaning back, though, sitting up straight as he keeps his hands on his lap. "...Though, since you mentioned me being loud and outgoing and stuff, I admit, sometimes I do go overboard with that, and for that, I'm sorry.." His pointy green scaled ears point downwards, genuinely seeming apologetic to her. "Didn't mean to scare you all those times over the years.." He does keep a smile on his face, hoping that she's going to accept his apology, though that's completely up to her.

Edited by Godot

Her extra eyes are usually not really out, visible and active, so most may not even be aware of them. At most, they are active whenever she needs to see better in the darkness or mist she creates. What causes her to active either can vary, One of them being her experiencing stronger emotions. She does return the smile when being told her presence is enjoyed and even being called cute as well. Her otherwise pale white cheeks does very faintly blush, causing a very, very thin mist to spread for a second or two before vanishing. She waits for him to fully finish before answering him in return."Ohhh, thanks...I am just not used to being that social and often think I am pretty bad at it...and I don't really linger in past mistakes. I was and am aware that it was not made specifically to frighten me...as long as you try to be careful, I am good with that", she speaks and nods.

Even after her response, Keya still has his ears pointed downwards, looking away from her and still seeming rather embarrassed, though it would only last until after the first next sentence that he says. "I can't promise you that... Sometimes, even I can't control myself, I just like to let myself go and have a worry free life, you know? Though, I wouldn't advise anyone taking after me on that.. It's not exactly the best thing to not be cautious, so, if anything, I'm glad you're cautious and more careful..." By the time he finished talking, he already looked back at her and his ears had perked up, his pensive expression already turning positive again, clearly enjoying his time spent with Karnis. He sure does speak a lot, but even so, like mentioned earlier, he makes sure to not rush or anything so that Karnis understands his words. "I'm glad you know that my obnoxiously loud voice isn't out there to frighten you, but do know, that I will never ever intentionally harm or scare you. Hell, I won't let anyone else do that, either!" He says so, confidently, raising a hand to place it against his own chest, in a fist form, all while looking into the gazer girl's large eye. "Cross my heart and hope to die!" He grins then nods once, awaiting for her response, after he uses his palms and arms again to support his upper body up on the bed, leaning back against them.

One thing is definitely and indisputably for certain: He does speak a lot. Like, a ton. Thankfully it is not loud or obnoxious at the moment and she appreciates that those parts are not present. She also doesn't feel obliged to really contribute and utter just as much either. She gives a soft smile and nod back at him from at least trying to do well at the moment."I know that most often it is just my own insecurities and such that affect me rather than the situations themselves. Not really sure how I can deal better with it when you are loud and such though...", she says, wondering how she might go about it, if Lucy, him and her were to share moments, but he was being too much for her at some point.

Edited by JennyDK

Keya definitely thinks about her words for a moment and considers them, only temporarily looking off to the side, but eventually he'd look back at her with a slight smile. "I think that overtime you will move on from your insecurities or start getting used to people like me more, For now, though, I think it's best if I help with that along the way by trying to calm myself when around you." He let out a chuckle after all, though he would suddenly feel like he needs to know more about her. After all, there's lots of things about Karnis that he doesn't know yet, so he'd definitely not hesitate to ask around with simple questions, starting with the simplest one. "So, what do you like to do in your dorm room? Surely you got a way to pass time, right?" He'd ask that random question about hobbies, smiling at her softly while waiting for her to answer, patiently.

Karnis, by now, is sitting onto her butt, with her knees bending and her arms wrapping around her legs, appearing to be in a comfortable position. Her large eye blinks a few times as she is spoken to, letting him know he does her attention and without really being any kinds of nervous."Well, moments like these do help, so that's good, haha. You don't have to be loud to be heard, after all", she says and even lets out a light, but genuine giggle. She is then asked what she likes to do in her room. Something most are not curious about, despite the simplicity and how natural it seems to ask."Well...I am not very good at it, but I like to try and draw. I really love to look up art online and get inspired. Stuff like that really...and..also...ka..karaoke..", she says and smiles softly.

Keya simply hears out the answer that he was looking for, slightly tilting his head sideways while facing her, continuing to keep that warm smile of his, though for a moment he switches that expression to one of interest and curiosity. "Really, you try to draw? Same, actually! While it might be difficult with these claws, I try my best and even take after classes for them. I'd say I do good, but I'd rather keep the progress.. private, since.. it's e-embarrassing, to me, in a way.." He looks off to the side just a bit, his ears perking downwards, but he'd look back at her once again. "Karaoke, huh? That's unique, and frankly I find it adorable that you do that! I'd happily hear you sing sometimes, I'm sure you sound cute!" He then let out a gleeful chuckle after his encouraging words, grinning as he momentarily closes his eyes awaiting for further responses from her on the given topic, in case she has any.

Edited by Godot

She would have never thought he would be one to practice drawing, but she is kind of glad there is another person she knows who does this. Perhaps it could even be a hobby to kind of share with each other and surely he is better than her as he is receiving tutoring in it."Well, perhaps it may be less embarrassing if we show each other what we made. I am sure you are better than you think, Keya", she says and nods lightly. She is not sure how anyone doing karaoke would be considered cute, but she does appreciate the sentiment and him thinking so, in any case."Ohhhh, thanks...hehe...I guess I just like to use various other ways to express myself and such", she says and giggles lightly.

Keya rolls his eyes, but not in the negative kind of fashion. He blushes as he looks off to the side once more, appreciating the nice comments from the gazer girl and frankly being rather surprised that she's being super friendly to him, but he wouldn't share this opinion out loudly. He really is just enjoying the time right now. "W-well, thank you, too.. I guess I can show you one of the things I've made.." He slides a bit off the bed as he stands up, turning to the left towards Karnis to avoid hitting her with his tail or wings or anything, then stepping to the side. Once he's at the corner of his bed, further away from Karnis, he'd crouch down and take out what seems to be a large portfolio of drawings that he supposedly did. He'd make sure that Karnis wouldn't see every drawing as he flips through the pages, but once he found the one he was looking for, he'd fold the portfolio and step back to her, sitting back down next to her. "I've never shown this to anyone, but this is the drawing I'm most proud of, p-personally. It's a self portrait, I think that's what you call it..." He says, letting out a nervous chuckle while he extends his hand toward her. The art on the paper shows Keya's own head from the shoulders up, made with a very slightly thicker than usual pencil. It's uncolored and there's lots of darker spots on the paper, presumably that being marks left by an eraser. It was actually done really well. Obviously not perfect, but the POV was on point and he nailed his own facial features, including his hair, which was the most on point feature of all. He'd wait for her reaction, though somewhat worried about it. He still feels embarrassed about his own drawings and style, indicating that he is not confident in himself.

The gazer girl makes room for Keya to get off the bed and able to withdraw his stash of drawn stuff, having no idea about any potential effect her presence or conduct is having on him. She is fairly oblivious to such things, unless it's someone she knows much better, such as Lucy."Ohhh, thank you. I would love to see some of it", she quickly responds, feeling much more relaxed by now and thus able to sound more natural and calm. She then watches him browse his portfolio before finally finding one item to reveal to her to study. She grabs the piece of thick paper the portait is put on and begin to study it closely. She is already pretty impressed and grows a bit bigger smiler and nods in approval."Very well done Keya. I have no idea why you put your work done. You are way ahead of me", she says, blinking a few times with her large eye.

Keya would be rather surprised at how impressed she is with his art, but nonetheless he appreciates it whatsoever, closing his eyes and just smiling thankfully at her. "Thank you, that actually really means a lot, Nissie!" He says, his tone sounding genuinely happy as he blushes, letting her look at his art as much as she wanted, but once or if she was done and handed the portfolio back to him, he'd take it and look at it himself, though he'd close it for now, seeming like he wants to tell her something. "You know, I actually want to draw all of my classmates, but so far all of my attempts were fails. Then, I want to show it to them, once I manage to get it just right." He grins, his overwhelming confidence leaving him for just a moment, but as soon as he'd look at Karnis' smile again and reconsidering her nice words that he just heard, he'd feel it coming back. "I have a good memory, when it comes to visual reference, so that likely won't be a problem." He thought he needed to mention that, blinking once as well as now his ears were perked upwards and his tail was swaying gently side to side on the bed, indicating happiness, presumably.

She takes a quick skim through some of the rest of the sketches and drawings in it and having pretty much the same impression of those as the first one, which she demonstrates by light nodding and humming when she does so. Karnis hands it back to him soon after."Has no one else complimented your stuff before? If so, that seems hard to believe", she says and once listening to him once more she is not sure how many of the classmates she saw in the portfolio, but fairly sure there is nothing with her in there. Still, even she can sense there might be an indirect request in there and rather than assume she decides to simply ask."I am guessing you wish to include me among those then....?", she asks cautiously, not wanting to presume anything.

As she skimmed through the rest of the art, some of them were of video game characters, some of them were of anime characters, a couple of them were rather suggestive arts of human women, they all indeed looked rather well done. Keya smiled at Karnis and listened to her response, looking at her curiously before nodding once. "Yeah, but only if you allow me to, I g-guess. Once I'm done and if I'm satisfied with it, I can give it to you!" He says, smiling warmly once again, keeping his dark green scaled hands on his own lap as he fiddles around with his own fingers idly, returning to the first sentence to respond to it. "No one else saw it before.. Not even Lucy, though technically I did give her something that had my drawing on it." He grins in a confident manner, leaning against his hands once again as he uses his arms to support himself up behind him, while sitting on the bed.

Karnis mostly notices the rather suggestive characters, making her seem a bit flustered and embarrassed as she is extremely innocent after all - however, it also looks very cute in its own way as well. She blinks twice after he acknowledges her suspicion."Well..s..sure...if... you think I am worth putting down on paper. I mean, I have never been asked that before...so..you may...if you want to", she says and smiles again. She does raise her eyebrow at the last comment, intriguing her slightly."What did you give her?".

Keya let out a chuckle at her innocence, finding it super adorable, the way she acts and everything, so he can't help but to raise a hand and, if she allowed him to, he'd place it on top of her head to give it a gentle pat, without actually trying to ruin any of her hair and such. If she let it happen, then he'd respond afterwards. "What are you saying, Nissie? You're worth more than just putting you down on paper, obviously! This is just a little personal project of mine." He says so, then letting go of her head and moving onto the next topic, which being her curiosity. He wouldn't mind sharing that info with her, so he does so. "It was a drawing of the logo of one of her favorite rock bands, drawn on a metal plate that fits on the back side of her laptop." He closes his eyes and looks determined with his lowered brows, crossing his arms and smirking. "And guess what, it was even signed by the band members." He boasts, reopening his eyes. "I flew to New London after hearing that the band was on a tour, coincidentally enough, so it paid off, hah!" He eyes her, waiting to see what she has to say to all that.

Thankfully, the current mood and such allows her to feel much more at ease and thus makes her not react in any sort of defensive manner in regards to being pet. Still, she is not really used to physical contact, so it still feels a bit weird and awkward for her, but she doesn't mind really mind it, thus letting Keya lightly pet her head if he wishes. She listens quietly and patiently, allowing him to fully finish his thoughts and speech before she finally responds back to him. She is somewhat impressed by the fact it was signed, making it more special as well."Oh, that's pretty cool. So you ridden in an airplane too? I have never tried, myself. Is it fun? Ohhh right...uhhmm...I am glad you think I am worthy of a drawing. I hope Lucy was fond of your thing and I hope I can see the portrain when finished", she says and smiles gently and sipping some of her tea, even making a noise as she is pleased with her beverage.

Edited by JennyDK
  • Like 1

Upon hearing Karnis' words again, Keya raised a finger against his own lower lip in a curious manner, thinking about some things before slowly starting to blush. "Oh, yeah, she was quite fond of it!" He innocently closes his eyes and grins while showing his sharp teeth again, raising the same hand up to the back of his head to rub it idly. He then soon tries to change the topic back to the previous one, that being about riding an airplane. He chuckles as he thinks about how he's going to answer that to her, starting with simply shaking his head in a negative way side to side then looking into her large gazing eye. "Nah, I didn't fly in a plane." Slowly, his wings behind him open up. "I, quite literally, flew there using my wings in my feral dragon form!" He says so in a confident and smug tone, revealing that to her just in case she didn't know, though assuming that they were classmates in last year, surely she would've seen a large green dragon in the arenas or in the courtyard once or twice, but it doesn't happen too often. He needs a valid reason to really be in that powerful physical state. He excitedly looks at her to see what she thinks, keeping his wings open while leaning against his hands on the bed behind him.

Even if Karnis did notice the blush, she would have no idea how to interpret it. She really doesn't have a clue what sort of friendship the two of them have."That's good. If you made her upset, I would have to slap you, haha", she says, trying to make a small joke, but it's still very known how she and Lucy has a very special friendship, so it could be interpreted to be more serious than it was made out to be. She sips some more of her tea as they converse nice and quietly, with her large eye from time to time scanning the room again, taking in the sights of it."It sounds quite exhausting though...there is quite a long way over there, from what I know. Ooooh...can you carry anyone on your back?", she asks, curious about his ability to do so.

Thankfully, Keya does interpret it as a joke and places a hand onto his own chest, where his heart is, letting out yet another chuckle. "Trust me, I'd gladly let you slap me if I ever made her upset. I'm trying my best to not ever make her upset, but it just keeps happening.." He sighs, looking off to the side while still smiling, although more pensively this time. "..I swear it's never intentional, though, a-and she knows this!" He quickly adds, a small drop of cold sweat running down his temple, but soon enough his mood changes for the better as soon as the topic of flying comes along, and having the ability to carry someone. He nods once, looking back at her and smiling widely. "In fact, yes, I could! You'd have to hold on very tightly though, because I'm very fast! It's only exhausting if I fly for hours, but that almost never happens given how I choose the clearest route in the sky all the time, meaning I can be at my top speed!" He says, proudly once more. As she scans the room, she wouldn't notice anything different in particular than what has already been observed by her. It's a pretty stylish room, but also not that tidy. He did make the effort in cleaning up at least whatever was on the floor, so there's that.

• Haha 1

Karnis does give a frown of light intensity, though probably more cute than anything really. She even gives off a lightly disgruntled noise and with puffy cheeks."Hnggg...you do that? What do you do to make poor Lucy upset?", she asks, not really too keen on that. Thankfully, she doesn't seem overly seriously. It is more a show of her affection towards her friend. Her facial expression quickly changes back once he goes on about his flying and how he avoids falling from exhaustion and such."Haha...fair enough. Perhaps I could try a short ride sometime?", she suggests, wondering how it might go.

• Like 1

Seeing how Karnis reacted to what he just said about upsetting Lucy frequently and such, a droplet of cold sweat runs down his temple, even leaning away from her just a little bit, because he really isn't intending to face the wrath of a gazer girl who's overprotective over her friend, which is totally understandable. "Oh, y-you know, just stupid things, b-but still unintentionally, of course!" Keya raises his palms in a defensive manner, admiring how cute Karnis is acting right now, but still he doesn't want any trouble with her.

Going back to the topic of riding the dragon, while Keya obviously knows the context of the conversation, his mind can't help but to trail off just a little bit, making his cheeks blush slightly. He'd chuckle, a little bit nervously, as he then forms a grin on his visage and looks at Karnis whilst he tells her the response she's been waiting for.  "Of course! You'd need to hold on really tight, though! I wouldn't want you to fall off and get hurt and stuff.." He murmurs his last sentence, scanning her once again with his own eyes.