Keya's Dorm Room

Karnis choose to put the first topic to rest as it doesn't seem like she is getting any clear answers out of the dragon guy. It doesn't really look like he wants to discuss either, so no reason to keep pushing the subject. The gazer does not really notice the blush on his face and just keeps going with her current train of thoughts and questions regarding any chance to fly on top of his back. She nods softly in response at first before following up with a verbal one afterwards."Well, I am sure it will be allright if it's not too high up or too fast...we can always have someone nearby to make sure things are safe", Karnis suggests.

To her response, Keya chuckles, then shakes his head. "No need for that, I won't go too high or too fast. You can trust me!" He said so, proudly, pointing at himself with a thumb as he puffed out his chest, looking over to her rather smugly. "We can talk about that later, anyhow. Tell me about Lucy, is she really your best friend? She's one of my best friends too, but what makes you like her so much? I noticed you have admiration for her!" He says his last sentence in a rather teasing manner, leaning towards Karnis a little bit as he smirks.

She giggles lightly at the confident words and display put towards her question, seeming like pretty much any normal young woman, human or not."Well...allright, if you say so, Keya..I will hold you to that promise though! Just imagine the scorn of a certain someone if I got hurt!", she says and even offers a light smirk of her own sent towards him. She shifts herself into a more relaxed postion, with herself lying on her side instead, with an arm supporting her head."Well...I have always been able to be myself around her and she tells me I am not weird and such...I just feel mostly at ease around her. Technically, she also would be per default...since she is my only friend as well...", she says, her words growing softer and slightly sad at the end of it.

• Like 1

Keya shifts in his seat, so that he can get a better look at her as she changes the way she is on the bed. He obviously didn't mind her laying down, so he'd continue to look at her intently as she responds, his expression growing pensive as her tone got sad at the end. Even so, he chuckles and shakes his head. "Nah, she's not your only friend. Whether you like it or not, we are friends now!" He said so in a once again pretty confident tone, smirking at her. Before she gets to respond though, he does add one more thing. "Oh, and you're not weird, stop saying that! Nothing about you is weird, 'Nissie! Hell, I'll even go as far as to say that you're the cutest lil' monster ever! Those pigtails add to that cuteness!" He grins, trying to share some of his confidence with her by complimenting her and her hairstyle, even gesturing towards it a bit with his hand as he says so, eyeing her and patiently waiting for her reaction.

Karnis blinks a few extra times as he announces to be her friend. Certainly, they are much closer now and better at getting along, but she is not fully sure yet if she would call them that. Still, it is a vast leap forward nontheless. Of course, she doesn't want to disappoint or make him sad by this, so she gives a more non-committing answer that is still slightly encouraging."Thanks Keya. I am glad you view me as your friend", she says in a light and joyful tone of voice, followed by a small smile. Her pigtails was honestly really her trying to 'cute up' on a conscious level and was merely done to try something new. Her smiles does widen considerably though from hearing the praise directed towards her."Ooooh, thanks! It was just kind trying something new and I saw it in magazine lately! Does it look better than with it down?", she asks, curiously.

Keya shows more of his sharp teeth in a thankful manner at her first sentence, moving along from that topic as he tilts his head at her and carefully listens to what she had to ask him, a gentle smile on his visage. "Honestly, I think it looks really good in any way. Pigtails, twintails, personally I'm all in for that, but even if you kept it down or you kept it in a big ponytail, it would look just as cute! You've got nice, long hair to work with, girl, so make sure you take good care of it, okay?" He spoke to her in such a sweet way, despite the two of them never properly interacting before. Keya most likely never planned on being in the same team with Karnis in a school project, but in a way he is super glad that that's what happened. In his own head, even he acknowledges that he must be going a bit too swiftly with the whole friend thing. At best they are only classmates or acquaintances, but his intention definitely isn't to scare Karnis away with his words. Nonetheless, he waited for her response, all the while he gave her a warm smile.

While not fully fledged friends, Karnis still very much enjoys their time together now and even the topics coming up as well. Thankfully, things are going well too, meaning that hopefully they might be able to hang out more naturally in the future. At least she doesn't feel like she may need to avoid situations where Keya shows up. Of course, there is also the added thing that she has never really spent any sort of close contact or time with many males before, so the gazer girl gets a bit unsure if he is flirting with her or not. She would rather not presume anything, so Karnis mostly put such thoughts away for now."Oh really? I am glad you think so...I don't really do anything huge to make me like that and mostly go with what I prefer and feels natural. Though...I had no idea other saw me that way...", she comments, smiling lightly.

Keya remained seated and turned to the side so that he is still able to look at Karnis whilst she was laying on the bed, his thick but soft green scaled tail behind him was practically right next to her, but he made sure to have it not be in the way just in case it would disturb her or anything of that sort. "Yes, really! I'm 200% certain that others see you the same way as I do, that being really adorable. Just because I and Lucy like you, doesn't mean others don't! Back to the hair topic, you should continue going the same route and pick whatever feels natural for you. In case anyone makes a nasty comment, just ignore them, or tell it to me, I'll slap 'em with my tail." He said that last part in a rather joking but confident manner, though a glint in his eye indicates that he would probably do it. Even though they just now started to properly converse with each other, Keya already feels like Karnis is precious and must be protected. This is probably the same effect she had on Lucy. Keya is known to be flirtatious with girls, but in public he never really did it in such a sweet way that he currently did with Karnis. All the more reason to believe that he is supposedly a better person in private, considering nothing broke so far.

The young gazer woman is not really aware of his interactions with other females, so she has nothing to compare it to yet. She lightly touches her overly adorable pigtails, which seems to fit her more well than she imagined. Karnis smiles softly as she is spoken to, letting her know she is on the right "path" regarding this. Thankfully, she has yet to be the target of bullies or meanies - probably due to her more innocent and cute self."Haha, thanks...it is probably mostly in my own mind more than anything though. I can still defend myself of course...in a way", she comments back. She slowly pulls out her project, as she has forgotten about it a bit in the conversation and then begins on it whilst continuing."Did you hear there is talk about the next event at school in the near future?".

Keya remained seated the same way as before and looked at Kawnis with the warmest smile as she responded, being glad himself that he could put a smile on her face despite their previous strange interactions in class, but soon he notices that she pulls out her project and starts working on it, jumping a little bit in his bed as a faint blush appears on his cheeks, clearly having pretty much forgotten about the project because of the good time he was having. He hops off the bed and turns around, kneeling up onto it at the end of it, carefully as it was rather bouncy and such, grabbing his own large paper and then the smaller pictures he had prepared, starting to slowly work on the collage by by gluing the small pictures, slowly forming a shape that is yet to be revealed. Raising his head as he knelt like that on the bed, he raises a hand as well to put some strands of his blonde hair behind his pointy ear, but to no avail as after a few seconds they fall back again. "Event? What event? I usually don't keep up with school events, to be honest with you, but you can tell me about it." Keya smiled at her, examining her large eye for a moment before directing his attention back at the collage, making sure he doesn't mess it up with his claws or anything of that sort.

Karnis is not entirely focused on her project, as she seems to be able to converse just fine enough still with the dragon male. She even holds back a light laugh as she notices him fidget around like this when he realizes that they indeed had a job to do here. Luckily, it is a fairly easy and simple project with no bigger stakes behind it. Soon enough, both of them seems to be getting started on it alongside each other. She gives it a quick look and is about to ask something about it, but is then reminded of her own question before she got to that."Ohhh! Right...well, I didn't look too closely at it, but I think it's something in the arena with some duels of some sort. Could be exciting to watch I think as long as no one gets really hurt, but I am sure miss Blackwater will make sure of that", she comments.

Keya raises a brow at Karnis while she explains, snickering after she finishes and looking back down at the project to continue work on it, whilst responding without any problems. "Heh, so it's another fighting event at the arena? You know, I didn't think you'd be the type to like fighting or action, given how cute and innocent you seem, but that's not a bad thing!" He mentions, letting out a small chuckle at the end of his words, looking back up at her and pausing the work on the project for just a little bit. "While it's something I'd go to and watch, I wouldn't participate in it myself. I don't do all that much fighting, because I'm afraid that I might fall out of control and hurt people that I love and care about, whether or not somebody is there to make sure it doesn't happen... My feral form is larger than ten times the size of this room, after all..." He sighs with a pensive expression on his face after having said that with a worried and caring tone, turning his attention back at the project and resumes working on it once again.

"Another? Has there been anyone before this? Pretty sure we had a dance last time! Oooooooh, did you go to that one?", she  asks curiously and having a rare moment of her having a much louder volume as well. By now she is looking at various pictures of young female popstars she aims to use on her own collage. She seems to be making one about teen pop stars. She even lightly hums to herself whenever fully focused on her work, as well as bob her head from side to side slowly."Ahhh, I guess that makes sense. Still, could be fun to at least watch, right? Or  just hang out nearby", she goes on.

Keya looks up at her once more as she replies, slightly widening his eyes at her question. Pretty sure the academy must've had some sort of arena event last year as well, assuming these events take place yearly, but that's besides the current point. Keya's cheeks turn red, seeming to get a little flustered about something, however it doesn't seem like he has much of a problem talking about it. "Ah, yes, I went! I was hanging out with.. Lucy and the others in the backroom, where she had set up her DJ set! What about you, were you there?" He asks in return, keeping the conversation going as a drop of cold sweat rolls down his temple. Oh, the memories he's getting, they're surely spicy.

About the upcoming fighting event, he doesn't have much to say, other than "Yeah, could be fun! I'm sure everyone's gonna wanna see some action, so we can all go together, you, me, Lucy, Ruben, and the others!" He smiles at her, admiring how she's bobbing her head, but he doesn't want to get too distracted so he looks back down to continue working on his own collage. Unlike Karnis, Keya's small pictures have nature on it, but some of them were a gray rocky landscape, similar to something of a very hot active volcanic mountain area. Must be how his home looks like.

"Oh right...wasn't it her who provided the music? At least from what I heard. What did you do there? Why not be out in the main room with the others?", she asks, wondering why not keep the party where it was at, even though she is not herself very used to parties or get invited to them even. Of course, no invitation was needed here, so she could go if she wanted, but it felt a bit weird to go by herself."And me...I was just kind of checking out the thing in town. There was a pretty fun parade too. I am glad that us monsters can walk around freely for sure", Karnis adds to fill in on his question on her whereabouts.

The gazer doesn't know she is being low key watched with her adorableness, as she is halfway doing her collage and of course listening whenever spoken to."That could be interesting...though I may not be overly social or talkative. I...I can certainly try though...", she says faintly and smiles.

At the gazer girl's first question, Keya nodded a couple of times rapidly. At her second and third questions, he got a little bit more flustered once more, looking away from her big singular eye to stare at the corner of the room while in thought. Trying not to raise suspicion with his stupidity, he looks back at her and smiles with a sharp grin, blushing on his cheeks. "Ah, we weren't in the main room b-because me and the boys helped Lucy set the place up and we decided to stay here. Besides, I'm not much of a crowd person, so it was better that way. We.. d-didn't do much, we simply hung out like we always do, that's it!" He shrugs, raising a hand to use his claws to scratch the back of his own head.

Moving on from that topic, he hears her out as she speaks about the second one, then responds himself. "Oh, and you went alone? Well, I know for a fact that you can protect yourself, but I'm glad it was a safe journey!"

He snickers in an amused manner once more. "That's completely fine. No need to be social or talkative to enjoy watching an event with your friends. Aren't you afraid of loud things, though? The event might be loud.. and the cheering of everyone.." He points out, curiously waiting for a reply.

It feels as if there isn't much he wishes to talk about regarding what they were up to. Perhaps asking Lucy at a later point might help. For now, she lets the topic go and focus on whatever else they are able to talk about instead. She gives him a strange look, as if she was supposed to be careful and wary."Well, yes...Lucy was busy and more interested in the party...or not, apparently...besides is there any reason why it is weird I went alone? Are you saying it is dangerous outside?", she asks, wondering what the big deal might be. However, she is still glad that he seems to worry about her safety, despite how harmless it usually is. She gives him a light nod."Normally, I am yes, but I kind of expected loudness in such a place. Besides: not every part of it was like that and there are other places to spend time while it was going on. It is another case with times where I am expecting noises of loud volume...".

Keya shakes his head at her first couple of questions, seeming much better now that they have moved on from that other topic. "Nah, nah, it's not weird, I was just simply worried for your safety. I won't lie to you, 'Nissie, it might be dangerous given how there's criminals out there, some of which haven't been caught yet. They do all sorts of whacko stuff and I just wouldn't want you to get caught up in something like that, you know?" He says with a sweet tone to her, indeed being worried for her safety but that's because he doesn't want someone as cute as Karnis being hurt.

When discussing the topic of loudness, he let out a rather nervous chuckle and takes it on himself that he is sometimes unexpectedly loud. "I see. Well, then there's no problems, I think!" He finishes off the topic with that, looking away from her and back down at the large paper on the bed in front of him, leaning over to stick more pictures on the collage.

Karnis knows that there is a risk of potential danger in Sunveil, but crimes are not very rampant and usually just petty stuff like minor robberies and the like."Ohh, thanks...I wish you to be safe as well out there. I know there can be the odd criminal, but from what I heard, they are not that numerous. Thankfully, I am very good at fleeing, haha", she says and giggles cutely."Say Keya...is there stuff that scares you? Besides me asking you about Lucy?", she goes on, even smirking a bit from that teasing comment of hers.

Keya seems relieved to know that Karnis is good with fleeing, but he doesn't have more to comment on that matter. Wanting to focus on his project a little bit more, he has absolutely no problem with Karnis talking to him once again. Acknowledging her cute giggle in his mind, he looked up at her as soon as she began talking once more and asking him that question, blushing on the cheeks once again. He hopes that this won't raise any suspicion. Something about the topic just bugs him. Maybe he's not great at hiding secrets, assuming he has any secret to begin with. "Ahah.. n-no, nothing scares me, not even what you.. just m-mentioned! S-speaking of Lucy, I think her wrath is one thing that scares me, but there's more to that.. I'm just afraid of people hating me, to put it simply. If I have a good friend that I know is holding some sort of grudge against me or I did something wrong and they still didn't forgive me yet, I just can't stop feeling bad about it.. Now that we're closer, you and I, expect me to act the same way to you as well.. It's just something that can't be helped, so let me know if you're ever mad at me!" He finishes talking, nervously chuckling at the end of his revealing monologue and looking over her gaze with his own, narrowing his eyes a little.

The single large eye of Karnis blinks a few times while she is almost 100% focused on what is said to her - one of her defining qualities - being a person who prefer to fully devote her attention to those conversation she does hold. She cannot help but laugh a little at the idea of a wrathful Lucy, but the gazer has a secret weapon that defuses any sort of anger sent her way by the slime girl: being too cute."Sure...I have seen it a few times by now and thankfully not towards me. Don't worry, I will let you know, but I am pretty laid back usually...", says, hoping to reassure him.

Seeming delighted with the answer, Keya smiles at Karnis one last time, saying something as well before turning his head back down at the project and entirely focusing on it, not seeming to have much more to say, but he will obviously look back up at Karnis, just in case she wanted anything or had anything to say. "Ah, then I was right in my mind that you don't seem to be the type to hold a grudge." That's the last thing he said for now.

With a small smile on his face, he had focused on his collage project, grabbing a small picture every few seconds just to stick it on the large white paper, creating some sort of design. So far, it doesn't look like anything, but given how small his pictures are and how he started placing them from two places on the paper, it's almost starting to look like a neck. In case Karnis wonders about what he's making and asks him about it, he will respond, of course.

"Holding a grudge doesn't really do much good for anyone. I like to spend my time and energy on the few people who appears to enjoy my presence", she simply responds back, seeming to also have reached the end of that topic herself and she goes back to mostly focusing on the project of hers. For now, she is finding some various glitter to spray over the glue she put on there, making it more shiny and colourful.

She does think of a curious question soon after."Say...do you have a favourite teacher?", she inquires.

Staying quiet up until she asks him something and starts another conversation, Keya stops his work and looks up at Karnis. "Actually, I do. Our homeroom teacher, Ms. Astraea, is a really nice lady, in my opinion. I like her, I think she's my favorite!" He seems quite positive when talking about her, even closing his eyes momentarily and grinning, rubbing the back of his head for just a moment. Putting more thought into his next words, since he's not done with talking, he reopens his eyes and places the same hand on his chin, rubbing it slightly. "Though, I also really like Ms. Scopelli, because she's a dragon, like me! And.. science, yeah, obviously.... I envy her, she has really big horns and a really nice tail, too.." As he said that, his own tail behind him started to sway side to side, gently. Looks like dragons have a way to be jealous of other dragons among themselves. Though, when he mentioned science, it's almost as if he didn't really care about the lectures that the teacher teaches, but more so the teacher herself as a person.

She doesn't really have much of an impression about that one really, so she cannot really say how she feels about her."What do you like in particular about miss Astraea? Isn't she that one angel...if I remember correctly?", she comments, not having a clear mental image of the person in her mind. Karnis is slowly making the last and final touches on her own project, especially since it is pretty simple overall. A few more pictures ought to do it and then some writing here and there, but that is the final addition she will do."Ohhh, I remember that one though. She seems pretty refined, professional and nice...so dragons keep tab of the size of each other horns and tails?", she asks curiously.