New feature/app

It would be nice when it comes to private rp topic forum would be nice to have a feature to include a option to create a new private rp instead of having to use clubs to get the rp across( not sure of this is a available feature or not from the time I got into this site it hasn't been it seems to only affect what's posted on clubs which I highly disagree with and very very dissatisfied with in the website. But on the other hand is there any way possible to make a mobile app of this sight at all because it honestly would help so many imo without having to switch from on app or game social media etc just my opinion

• Community Administrator

For private roleplays; typically one doesn't use the clubs, unless it's a private club, I guess. Typically one would use EcchiTexts. Although if I understand correctly you're probably looking for a roleplay site specific feature, unfortunately this site uses forum software made by Invision Power Services (IPS) that has been heavily modified to do the things that we want it to do. So we have to work within that framework, which is rigid to the say the least. 

That said; I am currently working on a completely custom solution, to replace what we're using completely, but I can't say much about that at the moment. Or if it will even make it to release, and I'm certainly not putting a time frame on it. 

As for the mobile app, as far as I am aware, this is not possible. Due to some of the extreme content on this site, I'm not even sure that it would be accepted on the Google Play Store or Apple App Store platforms at all. I know you can save the site as an icon or something onto the phone which is a kind of soft-app, as the site is basically a mobile app when viewed on a mobile anyway.

For example in Chrome on the phone you can tap on the three vertical dots in the top right hand corner and select "Add to Home Screen" which you can launch the site from it's own instance there. This kind of acts like an app, and it keeps EcchiDreams in one place out of the browser. But it's same experience as the browser, if that makes sense.

Screenshot_20210102-124240_One_UI_Home.j

So for what you're wanting, this is actually already doable, and doesn't rely on policies set by third party app stores, nor does it involve loading unsigned APK's and the like. 

13 minutes ago, Novaer said:

For example in Chrome on the phone you can tap on the three vertical dots in the top right hand corner and select "Add to Home Screen" which you can launch the site from it's own instance there. This kind of acts like an app, and it keeps EcchiDreams in one place out of the browser. But it's same experience as the browser, if that makes sense.

you can do this in Firefox on a mobile too. exact same steps (I use Firefox Focus), I actually like this little know feature and use it heavily when I'm around.

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Read our Privacy Policy for more information.

Please Sign In or Sign Up