Status Quo (Teh_Tap x Lusterless Nova)

Anyone else would probably think something along the lines of "that was so easy!". To be fair, it wasn't impossible to steal that slightly rusty old sword. It hung in the town hall, completely free to be taken, and now it hung on her back instead. But Chloe was not going to underestimate the one who was facing her twin swords right now. The sound of metal against metal filled the air a few minutes north of the village. But while this one was capable, the fact remained that even after all their clashes, the little minx stood there, carefree as one can be and without a scratch on her sun kissed body. If not before, now was a good moment to notice that she wasn't an ordinary thief. "My my~ Good looks and you are capable. Truth be told, I like you a little~" In fact, would the situation be just a little different this would have been over sooner. But now she took her time. 

One more clash and her light body slid backwards, her feet still keeping her up as she leaned against the direction she was going in. She was an experienced fighter. Any other man of his size would have used his weight to resist the force. She was aware of how light she was however and went with the stream to keep her balance. "Say. I wouldn't happen to be in luck, and you are a slave up for sale, would you?" Fight or not, this very much felt like a game to her. Why wouldn't it? While she had a hunch that he was holding back as well, it seemed like she was the one with more experience on hand. Plus, she had a few trick up her sleeves. No need to get all serious. "And do you feel like giving up by any chance? Because it starts to look like you are running out of ideas. Not used to fighting someone small, are you?" Who would be? But that again just worked in her favor over the years.

• Woohoo 1

This was quite a strange opponent. A tiny little girl who dressed rather scandalously was actually talking down to him? It was comical to him. Enough so that it drew out some hearty laughter from the young man. He ran his empty hand through his waist-long hair to sweep some strands out of his eyes before responding. “Are you saying you would buy me? Give me what you stole and I might just let you.” Despite their current conflict, he was holding no personal grudge against her. He was actually having some fun while fighting her. The only reason he was chasing her down was because he owed the people of this town for taking such good care of him.

Since the tiny girl was taking a moment to talk to him, he figured he would take advantage of it and stretch out his back. A sigh of relief escaped him once his stiff back started feeling a little better. “I’m not used to fighting anyone really. And a cute little thing like you is annoying to deal with too. So yeah, I’m a bit out of my element here. But I’ll catch up.” She was right, he was running out of moves to make. It seemed like she was vastly stronger than him in a fight as well. The only answer left was to use his power, that he wasn’t even that good at using. 

His only armament was the plated gauntlet of a suit of armor on his left arm. It covered everything from his fingers to his elbow, and even had a handy little blade that stuck backwards from the elbow. But he wouldn’t even need it for his coming attack. “I will do my best not to hurt you, but since you’re stronger than me I can’t promise anything.” It was hard to get a read on his personality. Somehow, he was humble and cocky at the same time. But that was besides the point. Suddenly, there were ten of himself standing around the loli thief. Four of which on rooftops (two to each side), three in front and three behind her. Truth be told, all except himself were nothing but illusions. But could she figure that out in time? If she sliced through bone it would not disappear, but she could tell there was no mass behind her hit. The ones on the ground rushed her while the ones on the rooftop stayed still and waited for their chance. The ultimate goal was for the illusions to distract her and for the real Grey to lock her down.

• Like 1

If this wasn't interesting before already, now it definitely was~ Where once was just one, there was now a total of... 10 of him. But were they all real, or just illusions? As she was rushed Chloe lowered her body, then jumped to the side as 3 of them came from the front. "They are fake." 2 things to process right away. His technique created illusions that didn't react to the breeze, didn't leave footprints or even shadows. So that meant... It was time to put on a little show~

With each attack that came at her, she raised her swords in defense and lowered her body, jumped to the sides to avoid a direct hit when she could, jumped off even the walls of the buildings if she had to, making use of her agility to avoid hits when she could. But she also did her best to keep track of the one that did have all the important features. Even more importantly, she tried to get them all into certain positions. Then suddenly, oh no, she was perfectly cornered from all sides by all but the real one. It was in this moment that she grinned. 

Suddenly she threw both of her swords at 2 of the clones surrounding her. "Tis a nice trick, but..." With a flick of her hands, copies of her blades appeared in a flash of light. "Mine is better~" The 2 new blades were thrown at one of the rooftops, she summoned again new blades, and cut 2 clones while her first pair returned. By now it would probably become clear that her blades attracted each other. With the pair that was thrown sideways, and the pair thrown at the rooftops, they slashed through the remaining 4 clones as they returned. With that, only one rooftop with 2 clones remained.

The four extra blades dug themselves into the ground at seemingly random positions around her, and Chloe turned to where were only 2 clones left. "It's really unfortunate. This trick is actually a good one, but I specialize in fighting multiple people at once. Facing someone 1 on 1? It's actually hard for someone my size. But before I come up there, I really want to know a few things. If you humor me, I might give this old sword back~" It wasn't that special to be honest. Old didn't automatically mean valuable. Truth be told, she grabbed this one on impulse rather than need, and this opponent was more interesting. "I might not be a scholar, but I do know when I see chemistry. Which raises the question: Assuming you win, what would you do to me?" There were more questions on her mind, like why he was so different from the townspeople, and where his abilities came from if he really wasn't used to fighting. But this was the most pressing one on her mind.

• Woohoo 1

The clones were all a distraction. Of course, he knew she would figure it out. It was pretty obvious that she was a decently competent thief who knew her way around trickery. The gamble was entirely on if she could guess where he could come from after she dismantled the clones. Typically, touching any of his illusions wouldn’t make them disappear, but he wanted her to believe she had the upper hand. It was cute listening to her talk like she was winning.

It was a simple mind game. She was getting confident, and he hoped it would lead her to underestimate him. Although she mentioned giving the sword back of her free will if he talked to her a little... He was much more confident in his social skills than in his fighting. So he would give in to her, making his fake mind game completely obsolete. The clones on the rooftop faded away into nothingness, leaving him standing in front of her, all alone, as if nothing had changed.

A sigh and a shrug showed how he felt about it. Annoyed. But there wasn’t much he could do. Honestly, he couldn’t see himself beating her unless he got really lucky so this conversation might just be his saving grace. “Fine... You’re too strong for me anyway. People say I’m kinda funny. So maybe I’ll get lucky and talk my way out of this one.” There were a couple observers of the two, standing in windows or to the side of the street, but he didn’t really care. All in all, Grey was a really casual and laid back person. 
He decided now would be the best time to pop a squat and sit down in the middle of the dirt ‘road’ that ran between the villages. There were a lot of signs that this was a guy who lived a very carefree life. “I like your optimism. Well... If I won, I would take the sword back and ask you don’t try to steal it again. Probably couldn’t beat you twice.” A little laughter came from the young man as he joked about his own lack of skill. But there was one other thing on his mind. “But it would be a win... I think I’d also ask you to tell me about where you came from. All I’ve ever known is in this village after all. I love talking to travelers like yourself.”

His amnesia made that a true statement. Surely he did something cooler than sit in this cute country village before he lost all of his memories. But now he was a brand new person who was basically born for a second time. And the Gray he was now was getting a little bored of the peaceful unchanging scenery.

Edited by Teh_Tap
  • Like 1

My my my~ So he actually chose to amuse her? Well now she actually had to keep her word, but in all honesty, she didn't mind. This was starting to get a lot more interesting than a new addition to her collection. Chloe kept her swords in her hands, but took a more relaxed stance. No need to fully drop her guard, but it didn't hurt to calm down a little. And when he talked, she found herself attracted to the offer. His speech, his looks, even his arm. All of it was a little bit interesting. When he was done, he'd notice the swords around him vanish into dust, while the ones she held disappeared in a small flash of gentle light. "You know... I kinda like the sound of that." Sure, this might have been the girl in her talking, but she couldn't deny that the genuine offer of a simple talk was not just rare, but also appreciated. 

It was then that she reached for the sword on her back and then held it along its blade with 2 hands, walked over slowly to him, and held it so his hands could take it from her. "How about we call this a draw? I'll even accompany you and apologize to the guards. After that I would love to take you up on the offer." No catches, and no hidden surprises. The moment his words reached her, there was no longer need for a fight. Turns out he was right. He could talk his way out of this one. 

A bit later, Chloe and Gray found themselves in front of the guards, and Chloe apologized for the troubles she caused. Since she didn't break anything, and Grey's word having some weight in this village, she didn't have to pay a fine as well. One guard couldn't help but be curious about something though. "If you don't mind me asking. Why would you be interested in the sword of one of our past warriors?" A fair question. Again, this was a rusty blade, and it held only value for those in this village. "It's a bit narrow in here. Mind if we go outside so I can explain better?" Curiously, the guards accompanied them since there were no prisoners to watch. Again, this was a small village. 

Once out, Chloe turned to Gray. "Would you mind helping me with a demonstration in a bit?" Once she had the green light for his assistance, she turned to the guards. "Long story short: I am a collector of sorts. I specialize in weapons and artifacts that are... "special" in a way. And at the risk of hurting a soul or two, I misjudged how special your village sword is. So while there is some value about it, it doesn't qualify as what I am looking for. What I do look for are weapons like these." Chloe reached in front of her, and suddenly a large ring made of a golden yellow light formed in front of her hand. What was inside it was hidden by the same golden light that filled the ring, but out came a 1 handed sword, then a large long sword, a sheathed katana, a large battlehammer, a spear, a shield, a fusion of a gun and a sword that was probably known as gunblade, a set of knives, gauntlets, a bow and a quiver of arrows, a large rifle, bladed rings better known as chakrams, a staff and lastly a gremoire. She carefully reached inside each time, then put them down in a line in front of her. "These weapons as example are "as strong as their wielder". So if someone inexperienced takes them up, their material and design changes. The sword as example might turn into wood when a child takes them up, or into a formidable weapon when taken by a warrior. Right now they all look probably a bit unimpressive. So darling? Would you mind testing some of them out and see how they adapt?" She didn't catch his name earlier, so darling was the best option, really. But yes. Once he did take these rather simple designed weapons, each of them suddenly changed into a dark metal with red accents to match his hair. Oddly enough they didn't feel heavy. Just right for the strength of his arms if anything.

Edited by Lusterless Nova
  • Woohoo 1

Grey knew he was right to talk to her. He never got a bad vibe from her in the first place. She did seem a little on the crazy side and he couldn't really tell where her morals were at, but it wasn't like he was a saint either. Actually, he was very much so neutral and damn near selfish. The only reason he was chasing the thief in the first place was because he owed the people she stole from. If she stole from a total stranger then he wouldn't have cared less. It might be surprisingly easy to get along with her. After taking the sword from her and holding onto it with his armored gauntlet, he reached out and ruffled her white hair a little with a small smirk decorating his face. "So you can be a good girl. Good to know." Once he was done teasing her, they both walked back to the scene of the crime.

Watching her apologize to the guards was unnecessary, but she wanted to do it so he didn't stop her. Even if he was a borderline selfish person, it was appealing to play the good guy too. His personal code was to help people that have helped him, to be kind to the kind and evil to the evil. And in a cute little town like this, there was nothing but kindness. It certainly rubbed off on him more than a little. Like a baby imprinting off of its parents, the village imprinted on him after he woke up with no previous memories of his life. Good thing too. If someone evil found him and nursed him back to health, he probably would be a villain at this very moment.

The magical circle caught him off guard, as did the weapons and tools that came from it. There was more to this little girl than meets the eye. And that mysterious aura of hers really, really appealed to him. And her offer damn near swept him off of his feet. A wide smile appeared as he stood up to inspect the weapons. "Any of these will morph into something that suits me? In that case, it wouldn't matter what I pick. But I am a little bias..." Grey was already wearing a gauntlet, so it was natural that the pair of gauntlets would appeal to him the most. He stripped it off of his left hand to expose a fleshy human hand. Something seemed a little... Off with it, but not even Grey could tell what. His hand always just felt unnatural to him, like it wasn't his own. But that was unnecessary at the moment. He chose the pair of gauntlets and slid them on. The one on his left hand barely changed. The fingers sharpened into claws, it grew a little to cover his arm up to his elbow, and the top morphed into a small shield-like platform that would only be good for deflecting attacks rather than blocking them. The change on his right hand was much more drastic. The portion of the gauntlet that would be considered the 'glove' opened up to reveal his own normal hand, and everything would shrink entirely until it was only a vambrace that protected the top of his forearm, leaving his hand and under-arm completely exposed, with the straps to hold it in place being the only exceptions. But on top of the vambrace, a sword-like blade that would extend about two and a half feet out, the length of a shortsword that ran parallel to his forearm and over the top of his hand. The same colors remained, mainly black with red accents every here and there. The edge of the blade was a bright orange however, and looked incredibly sharp.

The look on his face was that of a child's who just got their first puppy. To him, it was the coolest thing he's ever seen, simply because of his lost memories. It was this, or boring everyday life in the village. "Whatever this is... That rusty sword definitely can't do. This is magical... And I can try out more? Damn, it might be worth it to become your slave." What a day. A fun encounter with such an adorable yet seductive little girl with this crazy amount of magical gear. And she was going to tell him about the outside! After this... It was settled... Grey couldn't stay here. There was obviously so much more to the world outside of this place that he hasn't even thought is possible. The decision was made. He would be leaving as soon as he was ready to.

• Like 1

An honest and lively reaction. She was more than just amused by this and nodded. "Go for it. And as apology, I'd say you all can try them for a bit. Careful though. If you try to run with one of them, I'll catch up real fast~" A mild warning that the guards didn't mind, and each of them tried out a weapon or two. Just like she said, the weapons adapted to their wearer and style. One guard as example tried picking up the battlehammer, but it turned into wood. "Don't let this discourage you. These weapons measure your current potential. So either practice, or try another one perhaps?" When he picked up the bow and quiver, this one changed to look like something someone would expect an elf to have. Again pleased, Chloe continued instructing and giving advice here and there, watching that they all shared properly. 

At the end of the day she had to be the adult though and tell them when they had to call it quits. "Alright. Glad you are having fun, but this is where I would like my treasures back. If you don't mind a recommendation, use what you learned from these weapons and change your gear to suit your style more. I'm sure the blacksmith would love to hear your requests." One by one, Chloe went around and collected her weapons again. Oddly enough they didn't change for her past going into their base forms, but that might also be because she didn't hold them for long and just put them away. Besides. She already was competent with her twin swords. When she was done, she wished the guards pleasant days and parted with them on good terms. As for Gray however. "Hm... How about you keep yours for a bit longer? After all you wanted to hear more about me right? And I think we both could use a meal and some tea about now. My treat unless you take me home~" 

• Woohoo 1

Upon seeing the guard holding a weapon that turned into a piece of wood made him laugh, and he wasn't even trying to hide the fact that he was laughing at the poor guy. His own gear looked... Badass. Beyond cool. "Don't worry, one day you can grow up to be just like me." Although when he saw the bow change to suit him and actually look pretty nice he quickly changed his attitude. Instead of teasing him, he offered the man a small apology before going on to try other pieces of gear out. After some fun, he discovered that the only other one he had some potential behind it. While the gunblade looked very cool and barely shifted to match his personal specs, it only came in third place. The spear looked just about as scary as his gauntlets did, if not more so. The head morphed so that the blade's size was doubled and coming out of a dragon's mouth while the snake-like body of the beast spiraled down the shaft all the way down. So his fighting style could suit the spear or the gauntlets... With the gunblade following. Maybe it had something to do with his past life? The thought crossed his mind that he might have been a warrior of some sort if he was that good with a spear for some reason. But honestly, he had absolutely no idea, so he didn't get his hopes up.

Once the day was ending and he returned to goofing around with the gauntlets, the loli told everyone to pack it up. Well, everyone except for him. That... Was the best news of the entire 2 years of memory that he had. Grey took them off and placed them on the ground before suddenly picking the tiny girl up and holding her up by her armpits, smiling wider than ever. "You! Are an angel!" Just as quickly as he picked her up, he put her down, and put the gauntlets back on. Dinner and tea sounded like a good idea... If he could replace the tea with alcohol. "Even if this is just a rental, I'm completely in your debt. Lucky for you, I have everything we could want at my place. Food, ale, a nice fireplace, and a very comfortable bed if you don't have anywhere to stay tonight." Even though he sounded just as innocent as he has all day, she could probably pick up a tiny bit of flirtation in his voice. After everything they've been through so far, even though it wasn't that much, he's taken quite a liking to her. 

It was an easy walk back to his humble abode. From where they were at, it was less than a minute away. The owners of the town all, the Mayor and his wife of this village, were the ones who made the decision to nurse Grey back to health after he randomly appeared in an alley with no memories, money, or clothes. He was also told his left hand was injured, but miraculously healed the day after they found him. But Grey didn't remember that at all, so he didn't worry about it. And these were the same people to name him Grey, since he had a completely empty background. They set him up with a job, a place to live, and enough knowledge of the the way the world works to function by himself. But never the little things, like how to talk, use the bathroom, etc. When they got to his place, which was an adorable little one-story home with several windows and a chimney to the far right, he opened the door for her and gave her the quick rundown. Bathroom on the right, bedroom was the living room with a couch that could pull out into a bed, kitchen was right in front of the chimney. She was free to relax while he started to cook up something quick.

• Woohoo 1

She was a bit surprised at first, but smiled as she gave her a compliment. The way he treated her in general was very appreciated actually. With each moment, he was more and more fun to be around. "Is that so? Well, if you don't mind the company, I could stay for a night or two and compensate you for the troubles." Easy there. No need to rush things. She was pretty sure there were signals in the air, but that might have been just her hoping so. Best thing for now was to not rush it and potentially undress right here and there, but see what develops at his home and give him a hint. 

As soon as they arrived, Chloe did take a little look around and couldn't help but be a bit surprised. Not that it was bad, but with his looks she was sure she was talking to a noble. On the bright side, this meant there would be no issues with the typical noble ego. That was a win in her book, and she went to the couch right away and lied down with her arms resting over the head end. "Ahh~ This will do." Usually it would be considered either rude or fitting to let the guest sleep on the couch in stead of the bed, but looking at it, it was just the right side for her little body. "If I remember correctly, you wanted me to talk a bit about myself. So where would you like me to start?" Not that she wasn't used to talking about herself, but different people were interested in different things. Some wanted to know how other parts of the world did after the calamity, how the whole war against the Garlean Empire was going, or just who she was specifically. Best choice here was to let him choose.

• Woohoo 1

Grey was as innocent as a child. While his mentality was that of a childish adult, he knew nothing of the things common adults would know about. For example, he knew nothing of the war that was happening. Nor about any calamities, plagues, big-time crimes, and so on. Surely some people in this village knew about all of that, most of them probably did, but no one bothered to tell the poor guy suffering from amnesia. With him, it was more along the lines of how to understand currency, what to cook for dinner, and how to swim. 'Obviously' more pressing matters than global history and politics. Given another year he might have learned about those things, but he was still just trying to learn how to stand on his own two feet. Not that it mattered. It gave him a very optimistic outlook on life. He was happy as ever to be cooking. Even more so to have such cute company. "Hope you don't mind salmon... I learned how to fish last week, and I've gotten a lot of fish by just practicing. But make yourself at home, there's a cooler right behind you with drinks in it. I'm sure you're not supposed to drink at your age... But I doubt you would listen to me. Take whatever you want." The smell of cooking fish and light seasoning would soon begin to spread through the house. 

Her question prompted him to ask a question of his own. That was the intended purpose after all... "That's easy. I want to know where you came from. I've been having thoughts of leaving this peaceful place for a while now... But now that I've met you, it's finally set in stone. I want to see the world. So tell me about some of the places you have been to." Such an innocent question. Whatever he was in his past life, when he remembered his own past, it was completely gone. Whoever he used to be was replaced by the Grey that stood in front of her, a simple man who was rescued by innocent townspeople and raised to be just like them.

• Like 1

So there was booze around? And he wouldn't try to stop her? Sure she would pay for it afterwards if needed, but for now she got up and got herself something to wet her wistle with. "You know me well already. But for the record, I'm older than you." And since she didn't mention the salmon, it was fair to assume that she didn't mind it. But that was probably the last thought in his head right now. "I'll spare you the details, but this thing on my stomach is a pact symbol. Let's make that a story for another time." Not that it mattered right now. 

So he chose that he wanted to know more about herself? Fair enough. She did stick out quite a bit after all, and with him wanting to leave this place, it would be great indeed if she told him a thing or two about the area. After taking a sip and lying down again, she started. "Hm... I won't talk about where I am from specifically if you don't mind, but what matters right now is that I am part of the adventurer's guild. That brought me all across the region so far. The guild is something everyone can apply to, and while the quests and payments vary, so long as you don't get something over your skill level, you can make a nice enough income. Best of all, you get to see all the good places. The beaches of Limsa, the hard worked on structures in Uldah, and the forests of Gridania are just as beautiful." Before it would sound too good, she got up from the sofa, knees down on the cushions, and leaned over the back side while holding her drink to look at him. "Don't let this fool you though. It can also be hard. I've seen my fair share of misery across the lands too. Sickness, poverty, cruelty. Personally what worries me the most are people disappearing. This is what brought me here before I got distracted. So if you think you want to travel the world, you do have to consider that it won't be sunshine and buttercups. A moment like this? That's my highlight since 2 months. But then again, I'm not part of a company, so that might be why." Luckily it wasn't a secret that many adventurers would often band together to form a company of their own. They had all the names. Vesperia, Umbran Soul, Powerful Paws, and so on. It meant sharing spoils, but was a lot safer than being solo. And wasn't it a very romantic idea to travel together and venture through the realm as a team? Taking another sip, Chloe remembered the few companies she tried to join, and sighed. "If you don't mind me asking. Why do you want to leave in the first place? It seems peaceful around here, the girls oogle at you, even the guards seem to like you. Pretty sure you could be set for life here."

Edited by Lusterless Nova
  • Woohoo 1

There was an audible 'pfft' sound that came from Grey when she mentioned being older than him. Obviously he didn't believe it. But she would surely talk him into it later since he is a little gullible. The smell of the meal he was making only grew with intensity. Luckily, fish was a quick job so once it was all done in a matter of mere minutes. He closed off the wooden stove, depriving the fire of oxygen and killing it. Two plates were set up with some... Pretty mediocre dinner on it. By no means was he a pro, but it would be slightly better than average since he got the recipe from an old experienced fisherman. He walked over with her plate and handed it to her with an accompanying fork. 

"Scoot." Grey very rarely had company, so all he had in his living/bedroom was his couch/bed and a small table in front of it. There was a half-full bookshelf across the way, a few candles here and there. Very simplistic and almost boring even, but cute and homey at the same time. Anyway, he lifted her feet up and sat on the couch since she was laying down there was barely not enough room for him. What she did with her feet afterwards, he couldn't care less, he just wanted to sit down. "All of that sounds great. The sightseeing, at least. That other stuff... Not so much." Grey got started on his dinner. If he had to rate it... It would be a 6.5/10. But that's what Chloe gets for getting free food. Her next question was a good one though, and it took him a second to sit there and formulate a response before he look at her and give an answer that made sense. "Well, I'm sure you've noticed, but I don't really fit in very well. I'm grateful for these people adopting me into their home and teaching me how to live again... I just can't shake the feeling that I don't belong here. You might think it's stupid to leave such a peaceful place, but I need to find my own path and follow it. Staying here will never feel right to me." Everything to do with his memory loss was still a very sensitive topic for him. As he spoke she could probably hear that he sounded slightly more somber. However, he still spoke with a smile on his face. This overpowering optimism is the best trait the villagers gave him. Since there was only about two years of memory inside of his head, one wouldn't think he's a complex character. But truth be told, there was a lot going through his mind all of the time, and it all stemmed from his terrifying amnesia.

Another bite of fish and a satisfied sigh later and he was right back to his usual self, not that he was too different in the first place. She gave him a very good idea actually... "This Adventurer's Guild you mentioned, that would seem right up my alley. In theory, if I did want to sign up, could you point me in the right direction?"

• Love 1

Oh? Judging by his expression, he really did put some thought into his answer. Chloe busied herself with the meal in front of her while he thought. And from her perspective this would do. It was just as good as a meal in a tavern, which raised other questions that were best thought about later. But at his explanation, she smiled. Not even the hint of a chuckle came from her. "Actually, that is something I can get behind. Besides. I'm not exactly in a position to judge you since I'm far from where I started too." In any case. If that was his wish, she could lend him a hand or two. He was capable, smart, and big. Odds were he would be fine if he really gave this a shot. 

At his next question, she grinned. "Actually, how about I just take you with me and show you the ropes? There's a trading caravan coming through tomorrow going straight to one of the places I mentioned earlier. And since you were so generous, how about you keep those gauntlets for now and shower me with affection in return? I'll just get them back when you don't need it anymore." Considering how this went last time, she quickly put her plate on the table and waited for the reaction~

Hm... But there was something else on her mind as well. While they were close, Chloe poked him, then put her hands on both of his cheeks. "Saaaay~ I know you could use some time to pack your things, but you might as well do that in the morning. How about we do something fun until then?" What? It wasn't out of her way to ask. They synced up nicely anyway, and it couldn't be denied that they found the other nice to look at. Or at least she certainly didn't.

• Woohoo 1

Now that got his attention. Instead of only offering him a little help, she was just going to bring him with her? Getting helpful advice and firsthand experience with an adventurer would be very helpful, but there was more to it wasn’t there? He got the feeling that she might actually enjoy his company, if she’s going out of her way to let him tag along. Surely it couldn’t be convenient. That’s something he would have to tease her about later. 

Grey looked over at her once he finished his plate of food and stacked his plate on top of hers. That’s something they could take care of later. Her offer was way too appealing to even think about declining. “Are you serious? Well, I literally can’t think of a downside to your offer... Which means there’s a catch. But I’ll worry about that later. Count me in.” What an eventful day! A somewhat serious fight, a meeting with an adorable little girl, and an offer to go on an adventure with said adorable little girl. Not even mentioning his free new weapons. It really felt like the stars aligned when he met this girl.

Showering her with affection was the least he could do. Hell, at this point he could straight up cuddle with her. Whether or not this is a good thing remains to be seen, but thanks to his amnesia and limited social interaction, he forgot what most social norms are. So he had no reservations about doing anything close and personal like that. She beat him to it though. With her hands on his cheeks, he looked down at the small girl with a confused, her amused look on his face. “Is this going to have to do with that affection I have to show you? Or are you going to convince me to steal something with you?” She seemed like she always had some idea in her head. A little mischievous soul, and the opposite of Grey himself who acted like an airhead and was totally honest with everything. Interesting how they get along so well... Opposites attract, don’t they?

• Like 1

"Huh?" That wasn't the reaction she was expecting to be honest. And he looked like he meant what he said. She crossed her arms and legs, while turning her body to him. Sure, stealing something good would be some fun, but she had something entirely else in mind. Wait... Waitwaitwait. Maybe it's because... Thinking she got where the issue was, she put her right first onto her opened left palm in front of her. "You're gay, aren't you?" Of course. All the pretty boys were either taken or gay. ...Or not. Seems like that guess was off. But then how else didn't he get the hint? Crossing her arms again, her head tilted while she closed her eyes. Something was very wrong here. "When I say affection I really mean just that. Who doesn't like a compliment and a headpat every now and then. But this...?" Wait again. Come to think of it, he was giving her looks, but didn't try anything when he held her ealier as she borrowed him the gauntlets for the first time. 

Now that she thought about it and looked around, there also wasn't any sign in sight that there was another girl living here. No beating around the bush then. "Anyway. No, I don't think about stealing anything. I'm talking about sex." Now THAT got his attention. Amused, she leaned back and supported herself with her arms while her left leg remained where it was, but her right arched upwards, giving him a good look of her. "You don't seem uninterested~"

• Woohoo 1

It seems like he was doing something to make her frustrated... Unfortunately, this isn’t the first time this sort of thing has happened. Whenever this happened it actually made him a little sad. It’s not like it was his fault that he lost all of his memories. At least... It probably wasn’t... And it lead to horribly confusing and awkward circumstances too. Certain things have been ingrained in him long enough that he didn’t struggle to do them. Like talking, walking, getting dressed into basic clothes. But most things in life had to be relearned. Especially tasks such as fishing and cooking. And in this case, fucking.

”No I’m not gay. Didn’t I call you cute earlier?” He simply shrugged as he sort of rotated in his own seat to face her a little more. She was right though, his attention was certainly captured by the girl posing in such a provocative manner. It was a very tempting sight that damn near made his mouth water. “I... Think that sounds fun. I’ve never done it before though...” Even if he did suffer from a lost memory, he was still a man. His eyes gravitated to the right spots on her body and he could feel a part of himself getting a little excited over it. His next words were a bit softer, like he almost sounded a little nervous for the first time since meeting her. “Isn’t that for married couples though..?” But to be fair, he felt like this the last time he kissed a girl too. Come to think of it... She got mad at him for this same reason, him not knowing how to have sex.

A sigh escaped him as he reached over for the drink Chloe took and saw there was some left. Since it was his drink in the first place, he helped himself to its contents. “You seem confused, so let me explain real quick. I lost all of my memories. So naturally, if I knew in the first place, that means I forgot how to have sex.” It was embarrassing, and his one and only insecurity, but he had a feeling that telling her this now would save him trouble in the long run. And now he had the perfect excuse for missing all of her hints and his lack of common sense or social norms. “But don’t worry, I’m a fast learner, so I should catch on pretty quickly.” Even though this scandalous loli was showing herself to him in such a sexy way, he showed her a rather innocent smile while letting his optimistic nature shine through for a moment. Even if he was a little nervous now to do something so lewd with someone so attractive, he was still acting like his usual self.

Edited by Teh_Tap