What do you think it's happening?

Hello, fellow members, here is a image that I want to know which story do you think it haves within.

This image is used as a meme for many things, but I have a certain love for it, the knight protecting his princess, what do you think it's happening? Why are their throwing rotten tomatoes at them? Why the knight is protecting her? 

Tell me your thoughts!

guard_by_wlop-d9kmnxu.jpg

I'm waiting for your thoughts!

Edited by GoddamnHero
  • Like 1

The reason why I joined this club was rather dumb... I kinda realized that at this point, I'm having much more fun coming up with ideas (characters, worlds, scenes, stories, etc) than actually playing them. So...

I'm thinking this:

This is a Human kingdom who see themselves as "superior" to other races. Superior cities, superior level of life for every citizen, superior technology levels and as a result - superior weaponry and armor. No shorty gnomes, no barbaric orcs, not even the "softie, magic-loving" elves are a match for Humans, with a capital "H". This superiority is at the core of every Human in the kingdom that spans across most of the continent now, thanks to their successful militaristic expansion over the last few years. Minor tribal species eradicated, larger barbarians forced to submit... Even races that had at least some power on their hands could not stand a chance in the end.

The latest victory was over the elven kind. After the majority of their lands was taken over, the Human forces surrounded the capital and forced the knife-eared king to submit. As an attempt to soften the pain of surrender and somehow sweeten the deal of having to live under "new management" from the Humans, the elven king offered one of his daughters (the one you see on the picture - she clearly has long ears) as a wife to the Human Prince. So naturally, she was brought to the capital and led through the main plaza in front of the royal palace, along with many other spoils of war - chests full of gold, some elven pieces of art, elven magical artifacts, etc. To put up a show in front of the loyal Human citizens - another victory, another submitted lesser species.

The crowd isn't yet aware that this beautiful elven woman (despite their "inferiority" to Humans, elven women are still considered beautiful) will become the future wife of the Prince - it's not like this are modern days, with internet and everyone knowing everything instantly, yes? In their ecstatic state because of yet another victory, they start throwing rotten tomatoes and other things at a "foe" who was just forced into submission. Perhaps some think she's a representative or diplomat who is here to negotiate or something, so they show her what Humans think of them "long-eared freaks". But the royal guard is quite aware of the future fate of this elven woman, so naturally he has to protect her from the crowd. But hey, it's his job, you know? He may not like it, he might as well had been slaughtering many elf warriors just days ago and has no respect for his "enemy"... But he now protects this elf woman from the wrath of the crowd. Because it's his head that'll go off the shoulders if anything happens to her before she's delivered in front of the King and the Prince.

I... think I went a little bit too far in some places, but meh. It is what it is.

Edited by ThatLewdCat
  • Love 5

Hey, who let the cat out of the bag?  Now my ideas are gonna seem like garbage compared to hers!  😆

I might take a slightly different approach behind this.  Perhaps the furious crowd consists of the elf woman's subjugates and are revolting because of some controversy she may have caused.  Perhaps she took in refugees that escaped from an enemy kingdom, suspecting that they were spies taking advantage of her compassionate and somewhat naïve nature.  Perhaps there was some slaughter or massacre, either within the kingdom or in the battlefield, due to her misguidance or terrible judgement calls.  Maybe it was unpreventable and the crowd is looking for a scapegoat in order to find some explanation to the madness of it all.  

Regardless of reason or intention, the matter of the fact is that the people have turned on their own ruler.  Although it isn't a full-on revolution, the anger of the civilians itself is enough to stir trouble, and there the ambitious few that try to add fuel to the fire in order to set up for a coup.  Even with the onslaught of food against the queen, she orders her knights to stand by and refuses to let them fight back despite their direct assaults at the queen.  The last thing she needs is for her own kingdom to fall apart through bloodshed.  Her trusted personal guard shields her from the onslaught without hesitation, and she intimately leans into him for protection.  All the other knights raise their shields and hold their weapons by their side, ready to defend themselves and fight if they need to.  But until then, they allow their queen to walk down the pathways of the market in shame, as per her request, as the mob tries to pelt her with whatever they could find, including their own venomous words.  But nothing fazes her, because she loves her kingdom and the people that make up said kingdom.  As someone with a pure heart as hers, she cannot bring herself to even grow angry at them.  She willingly risks her own safety for their sake, and will continue to serve the people until she is no longer needed or until she is no longer able to.

Or the crowd is attacking the armored warrior for white knighting the e-girl and they're ridiculing him for being a simp.

I know my idea is more straightforward (and probably more boring too) but there's still a conveying story that can come out of this perspective.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Read our Privacy Policy for more information.

Please Sign In or Sign Up