Steven Universe - The Crystal Gems' Lessons in Human Interaction (Thatannoyinggod x JennyDK)

Overall Premise: Peridot happens upon a couple of odd humans, ones that seem to have an interest in mechanics and building similar to her own great genius. She strikes up a friendship with them that leads to her, and possibly another crystal gem, learning about a particular human "ritual" to show friendship and enjoyment.

Norton

spacer.png

Jericho

spacer.png

It was a hot sunny day while Norton and Jericho opened up the large shed out in the country that Norton owned. "Ok, so we finish working on the hogs, then we'll got on the other stuff, right?" Norton asked Jericho. "Yup. Though I don't see why you're always fretting over that bike of yours. We just got it fixed up last weekend." Jericho said as he shook his head. Norton was wearing a white t-shirt with a leather vest over it, some well worn jeans, and boots; while Jericho was wearing a dark blue tank top, jeans, and boots as well. They both wheeled out two large motorcycles from inside the shed, getting them set up on stands and pulling out tools.

Edited by Thatannoyinggod
  • Like 1

Plenty of people are out and about in this great sunny weather and even though Peridot is pretty pragmatic minded and logical in her assessment of pretty much anything, she does enjoy the warmth of the sunny rays and the nice light it provides. She is currently sitting with one of her latest machines, her focus completely on it, while she softly mumbles to herself, while tinkering. Her presence near the beach is more and more common and with that comes more exposure. Unfortunately, she is off in her own little world and thus do not notice the large menacing looking guy that is approaching her, his posture, face, walking all looking like he means trouble

large.1534627993_3991760-PeridotSataenSt

Edited by JennyDK
  • Love 1

As Norton and Jericho were working on their project, they heard the waves crash lightly at the beach just over the next hill. Eventually they finally finished their work. When the both of them started up the bikes, loud noises could be heard from far off, showing the mechanical life they brought back to the motorcycles. 

The man had noticed the small green girl a few times around lately, usually alone. He decided it might be safe to try and have a little fun. He slowly began to creep up on her from behind, his footsteps barely making sound on the sand. Then suddenly what sounded like two loud booms went off in the distance, startling him and possibly his target. 

• Like 1

Peridot keeps up her tinkering as long as possible, until these loud noises causes her to almost jump in surprise and shock. She drops her "turner amplifier" (screwdriver) on the sand and lets out a loud and sharp cute "EEEP!" noise and immediately turns towards the source of the noise, but the thing that seems more prevalent and relevant is the large and mean looking character who seems to recover relatively fast and has his eyes turned towards the gem. He is the type of douche who wants to assert himself by picking on those smaller and weaker than himself."Hey pipsqueek! You're cluttering MY beach! You better scram before I break your stupid toy!", he growl at Peridot, who is soon frozen solid in fear.

• Like 1

Norton and Jericho were high fiving each other when they heard the girlish scream from the direction of the beach. "Hey! What was that, man? Let's go check it out!" Norton yelled as he hopped onto his motorcycle and revved it before peeling off to the beach. Jericho didn't even have a chance to respond before his friend went off without him. "Wha... damnit. Ok. Wait for me, will ya!" Jericho quickly got his bike running and followed the way Norton went off.

As they finally crested the hill, they saw a faint green glimmer on the beach, before they realized it was the small green female that they have noticed a few times on the beach working on various stuff being harassed by a local jerk that messes with people on occasion. "Hey ya idiot! Back the hell off!" Their bikes sprayed a little sand onto the mean guy as they pulled up next to them. Norton climbed off his rumbling bike and pushed the guy back a couple feet. "The hell you up to? Huh?"

• Like 1

OOC: I hope you won't mind the slight time-skip here as I would rather rapidly move past the confrontation.

The big meanie is one of those people who seems to have it mostly in the mouth rather than the actual guts, so with a bit of properly intimidating attitude and words from the two men and he runs off, not keen on staying once second longer. That then leaves the two large burly gentlemen and the very confused Peridot left. She exhales heavily in utter relief and relaxation as she would hardly have had any means to defend herself or her experiment against that guy. Her face grows a lovely smile and she approaches, looking a tad timid."Oh...thank you! I was petrified! I am glad that there are good humans out there for us of minor stature! Had my machine been functional I could have zapped him though, hahahaha", she says, quickly growing a smirk and getting more back into her more cocky attitude.

• Like 1

OOC: Oh no problem at all. I wasn't planning it to be long anyway. Mostly just them spooking him off, so you're good.

After the guy ran off, both men turned to look at the small green girl. Both of them had noticed her previous times, Norton thinking she looked pretty cute, and Jericho curious on what she was building all of the time. Norton moved to her with a kind smile on his face. "It was no issue at all. Guys like that just need to be ran off. Im sure you could have ran him off yourself, but we were glad to help out." Jericho was kneeling down, still taller than her, looking at what she was working on. "What is it you got going on here... whats your name? I'm Jericho and that's Norton." Jericho looked over the small figure, curious about what she was, because it was definitely evident that she wasn't human.

• Love 1

Honestly, if she had seen these two before they helped her out, she wouldn't dare approach them or like them approaching her, but thankfully a consequence of her confrontation was to meet some new people. Now that she thinks about it...she has never been approached by random humans and especially now big ones like these guys. She cannot help but let a soft and timid giggle from seeming interested in knowing her and what she is up to."Ohh. yeah! It would have been utterly gruesome and gorey! In fact, he is LUCKY I didn't get to unleash the wrath of my newest creation: The Peri-tron 2000! Ohhh...sorry...getting carried away...I..I am Peridot. Nice to meet you Jericho and Norton!", she says. Her eyes wander over their bodies a bit much, which she is completely unware of herself.

• Love 1

Norton smiled more at her giggles, finding them very adorable. His eyes kept trailing over her small form, trying to not make it look like her was leering at her or anything. Jericho was giving her a curious look, especially when she mentions her... Peri-tron 2000 would have made a gorey mess. "So what exactly is this Peri-tron that you're making?" He seemed to be a little hesitant of her, hoping she's not making any trouble. Norton didn't seem to care about her comment or what she was making current, his attention was all on her. "Well Peridot, it's nice to meetcha. I've noticed you on the beach a couple times. We build some stuff ourselves back at my shed. If you ever would like to maybe do some collaborative work."

• Like 1

"Oh this thing? Well, I am sure I could explain it, but I'm afraid it would take hours and be very complicated. Also...it's a big secret! But let me tell you...it's sure to cause a lot of interest!", she says, not really revealing anything about her invention. She is yet unaware of the kind of interest she is sparking within Norton. Still, she lifts the small square shaped robot with small mechanical legs up so they can see it for themselves. Even in her modest clothing, her thick thighs still stick out nice and well, revealing some part of her is nicely proportioned."Oh interesting! Interesting indeed! What sort of devices do you assemble and what sort of firmware does it use?", she asks curiously, thinking it to be quite high-tech.

• Like 1

Jericho shrugs when Peridot doesn't give any information about what she is currently working on. Norton seems to get a little excited when she takes interest in what he's said. "Well, we do more mechanical stuff rather than computers or electrical, like our bikes over there. Though we do have something that we have been working on for a while, but thats a secret unless you want to actually see it." Norton gives a wink to Peridot and gestures to the large motorcycles that they rode in on. Then he turns to Jericho. "What do ya say, Jer? Should we show our new friend?" Jericho looks up like he's in thought, and then looks back at them with a small smile. "Sure. Sounds good to me. Could be fun to show it off to someone, especially someone who might have some actual input. If she wants, get could even give her a ride back on one of the bikes." He looks to Peridot.

• Like 1

"Well, I suppose you have to start somewhere. Though it never hurts to have the more moveable parts and the like in order. A robot doesn't really move much unless it has mechanical parts, after all. With that said, yes, I wouldn't mind seeing your contraption", she says, seeming to be on board for that suggestion. She smirks lightly as they seem keen to show their creation and it would be interesting to see what sort of stuff earthlings might come up with too. She packs her own robot into her backpack and put it on."Hmmmm, these? Looks like pretty regular combustion based engines. What sort of fuel do you use for them?", she asks curiously as engines likes these are not at all seen on Homeworld.

• Love 1

Jericho and Norton smile as she agrees. "Well, maybe we could sometime help you with putting some on your Peri-tron." They walk her over to the bikes, showing her some of how it functions. As she asks what fuel to they use, Norton's face lights up with excitement. "Well, normally, these would use gasoline, or petrol. Which comes from fossils being put under enormous pressure and heat, but our wonderful Jericho over there came up with a fantastic idea. He figured out how we could make our own biofuel from vegetable oil and old produce." At Norton is sharing this, Jericho flushes a little over the praise that was being given to him. "Yeah, I worked out the fuel and Norton built both of these from individual and spare parts."

• Like 1

She nods softly at the notion that they might be able to help with her project, though she is unsure how mere human technology might do much. At least it can't hurt to at least check it out and see what can be done. She listens carefully as the process of fuel is explained to her, though she is not sure why one would pick one over the other."Is this other fuel source more efficient and less costly? What is the point of switching from fossil based fuel ressources? In any case, a combustion engine is by far inferior to the kind you would find on Homeworld. Perhaps I can look at  your bi-feet vehicles later", she says in her methodical voice.

• Love 1

As Peridot begins to question about whether the biofuel was better or not, it is Jericho's turn to perk up. He walks up a bit closer to Peridot as he speaks. "It has about the same amount of efficiency as gasoline, which is a challenge of itself, and does cost a bit less to produce than going to the gas station regularly. The more important reason is that is less harmful for the environment around us. Gasoline generally puts out more smog and things that damages the environment, and the source of it is finite. Using our bio fuel, we have been able to make a similar functioning fuel source from a product that is used all over the place and is mass produced fairly easily. What kind of fuels do you use?" As Jericho seems to get quite energized and talking more than usual, Norton just smiles and let his friend have his fun. He climbs up onto his bike and looks to the two of them, trying to give a hint that they should get a move on. 

• Like 1

Peridot once more listens along as Jericho does his to explain the reasons for using a different type of fuel. She doesn't really get what would be bad about all of this, but he seems to know about the planet than she does. If it makes the thing move, it's all the same to her really. Seeing how Norton indicates wanting to get moving, she climbs onto the backseat of the other bike."Well, we use a combination of nuclear reactions and fusion. It basically gives all the energy you could ever want. Once you know both processes, you can reuse the same material indefinitely", she says proudly, smirking.

• Woohoo 1

Jericho climbs onto the same bike that Peridot sat herself onto, sitting in front of her. The bike sinka a little after the large man rests onto it. "Huh, my only worry with that would be the instability that those could experience. Hold on tight, Per. Don't want you getting thrown off." Jericho starts the machine, the same loud rumble from earlier going off. Then the two burly men and Peridot ride across the sand briefly before getting onto the grass. The bikes have no issue with the terrain difference, riding fairly smoothly. The trip didn't last long until they all arrive at Norton's large shed. The men park the bikes, and then climb off. "And here we are! Our little workshop. Come on, we'll show you around and then you can see the big project." Norton called out as he walked to the large doors and pushed them apart.

• Like 1

"Instability? Such issues were only present waaaaay back when this technology was new. By now, it runs smooth and well and has done it for thousands of years too", she says, following up on that comment before the trio leaves the beach. The short green gem grips onto Norton as best as possible, but thankfully the ride is pretty smooth and easy, so no issues there at all. They soon arrive at a rather large and simply looking shed, where the two of them live at. Attached seems to be a workshop of sorts. Peridot slips off her seat and then look around,  taking in the scenery."Allright, that sounds agreeable", she says and lets them lead the way.

• Like 1

Norton led the tour around the portion that seemed to be the living side. It was mostly  open space with various parts and contraptions. There was a couch that looked long used sitting in front of a small television, a small kitchen area with a fridge, stove, and oven, and two side rooms that were their bedrooms. Jericho walked over to the fridge and pulled out a bottle and twisted off the cap. "Norton, beer? Would you like one too, Peridot?" Norton was showing Peridot some small little mechanical contraptions that they had worked on and left unfinished. When hearing Jericho call out to them, Norton looked over and said, "Sure! And go ahead and bring one over for Peridot as well." He gave Peridot a smile as Jericho walked over with a beer for each.

• Like 1

Peridot doesn't really have any high standards in terms of domicils and while it is minimalistic and simple, that is honestly how she prefers it. As the tour comes to an end, she gives Norton a soft nod and light smirk."Pragmatic and simple. I like it. No space is wasted on unnecessary clutter or furnishing. Very efficient, haha", she says and puts her hands on her hips when admiring it. Then the proposition about beer is brought up. At this point, no one has really offered Peridot anything to drink or eat and she has never even had the thought herself."What is this...b-e-e-r? Is that some sort of earthly nourishment?", she asks, clearly unaware.

• Love 1

Norton gives her a chuckle and a smile at her assessment of their place. "Yeah, it definitely is that. I'm glad to hear you like it. It works well for us. And you've never heard of beer? What do you drink then? Haha." Norton gave her a teasing nudge with his elbow as Jericho came walking over with the 3 bottles. "Norton, don't be a jerk her. Yeah, beer is a drink. It might not taste the best in the beginning, but it helps to relax the drinker. And with what you dealt with on the beach earlier, might be a good thing for ya." He handed her one of the bottles and another to Norton before taking a big swig of his own.

• Like 1

Peridot usually don't register light "jabs" other send out, so this one kind of flows over her mentally, at least as a form of joke that is. Before she can really answer, Jericho decides to chime in and give a real answer to her question while she is handed a cold glass bottle with an odd sort of liquid inside. She quickly looks at it very studyingly whilst listening, moving the bottle around as the beer follows the movements she makes."Us gems have no need for this liquid or solid nourishment that humans partake in ingesting into their forms. We get all of our energy from our gems. However, I will at least attempt to do this...drinking thing...humans do..you know..for science, hahaha!", she says with her normal spunky voice and attitude.

• Woohoo 1

"For science!" Norton cheers before he takes a very big swig of his beer. Jericho takes another drink of his as he thinks to himself, I probably should have warned her to take it easy since it's her first time drinking...oh well. He shrugs and begins to move over to the side door that leads to the large area where they do their building. "Shall we show her now Norton? She can drink that as we show, and if she likes it, we can chill out on the couch and have more afterwards." Norton looks to him and nods. "Come on Peri. We'll show you what we were talking about earlier." He pats her shoulder and doesn't head over until she does.

• Like 1

Since this is her first time seeing and handling such an object, she is soon given help to actually open it. The smell of it catch her off guard a bit and she gives a light frowning face, but otherwise doesn't give any other reactions or comments aboit it. She gives a look down the bottleneck a time or two before finally putting the bottle near her lips where she takes a small and careful sip. Surely, a bit of a funny display, not unlike someone who is really unsure if this was a good idea or not. She follows the two of them around, wanting to see this contraption."Peri? Did forget my name? It was Peridot", she simply comments for now, not really speaking about the beer, but her facial expression does look a bit odd: not disgusted or sick or anything bad, just a bit hilarious.

• Haha 1

Norton and Jericho both chuckle a little at her inspecting the bottle and beverage, the chuckles being low rumbly noises coming from their chests. Norton gives her a sly smile when she comments on his calling her Peri. "Just a nickname. Like when I call Jericho Jer. It is a thing that shows comfortability towards a person." As they enter the work area, a slight smell of vegetation lingers in the air. It's quickly learned why as Jericho points out the barrels of biofuel that they have made off in one corner. This room was fairly open as well, aside from the large object covered in a white cloth. "And this is what we have been telling you about." Norton and Jericho both work together to pull the cloth off, revealing the base frame of what looks like a small jet plane. Both of the men look at it proudly when they step back so Peridot can get a good look at it. "A jet plane. Always wanted to build one and zoom through the skies." Norton looks to Peridot with a smile. "What do ya think?"

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Read our Privacy Policy for more information.

Please Sign In or Sign Up