Just trying to get an idea of what to make here, sorry for the questions. Would a Halfling be okay? Or an Elf? Half (Human or Halfling)-Elf? Goblin? I noticed you added something that said the fantastical races in the village would be those who could conceal their non-Human lineage. Figured I'd ask now while I had lunch break!

2 minutes ago, Chiyako said:

Just trying to get an idea of what to make here, sorry for the questions. Would a Halfling be okay? Or an Elf? Half (Human or Halfling)-Elf? Goblin? I noticed you added something that said the fantastical races in the village would be those who could conceal their non-Human lineage. Figured I'd ask now while I had lunch break!

Of course! As long as it's not totally obvious that they're non-human, it's alright. I.e. an elf that is able to conceal their ears, half-orcs with typical skin tones, etc. The rule about concealing fae lineage is more to keep things more interesting. We want to keep the human-fae ratio at about 3:1. 

And please don't feel bad about the questions, it helps us add to the Q+A~!

• Love 1

9 minutes ago, Chiyako said:

I'm leaning towards making either a Half-Elf/Half-Halfling herbalist or a Goblin huntress who tries to stick with a cloak and mask. Suppose the former would probably wear something like a hat or a hood whenever possible.

If it'll be any help, I will post a list of mideival occupations to give everyone a better idea of what's available to them. 

• Like 1

@Marious

Thanks!

However, please take a look at the job board listed on the "Looking for Work?" thread in the "Heart of Slumbering Isles". Please pick an occupation from there that suits your character best. After reading your character's description, I would suggest any occupation from the "Government" section. Apologies if that caused any inconvenience.

Thank you again!

Edited by Nafarman
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Chiyako said:

Might go with a Goblin Apothecary? Would give her an excuse to live on the edge of town for better access to herb gathering.

That's definitely fine! Keep in mind that the island is small, and thought there are PLENTY of different plants and herbs to choose from, we don't have everything~! (some goods are imported uwu) 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Nafarman said:

@Marious

Thanks!

However, please take a look at the job board listed on the "Looking for Work?" thread in the "Heart of Slumbering Isles". Please pick an occupation from there that suits your character best. After reading your character's description, I would suggest any occupation from the "Government" section. Apologies if that caused any inconvenience.

Thank you again!

Ok, sorry about that, I must admit I did not read everything yet.

I edited my character.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chiyako said:

Is it possible to have Yshea's home within the same building as her apothecary's shop? Sort of a combined building? If so would I post that under Moony Lake with the other residences or under Heart of Slumbering Isles with the other shops?

Of course! Just be sure to indicate that it's a bit closer to Hypnos Bazaar. It'd be weird to have the apothecary in a residential area. (At least to me hahaha)

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Chiyako said:

If so would I post that under Moony Lake with the other residences or under Heart of Slumbering Isles with the other shops?

Moony lake. Just as Luno said, indicate that it's either close to the market or to the mountain in the description (seeing she makes her medicines from herbs) so it's a bit far from the general residence 😄

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Read our Privacy Policy for more information.

Please Sign In or Sign Up