5 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

Here's a question I got. So I planned my character being an herbalist and restarting life in this (assuming) quiet town, as such, could I have my place more toward the marketplace; and allow for it to be a little bigger (indoor herbs and exotic plants all)?

Is your character human? If so, then I suggest creating two posts. One for the shop in the market, and one for residence in Moony Lake. If your character is not human, (example, elf, goblin,satyr etc.) then a residence in moony lake which could be close to the market and serve both purposes.

Edited by Nafarman
  • Like 1

Attention Please!

So,  @Luno Asherah and me have been thinking about introducing currencies. We feel it may become necessary as we have shops, tavern and other services. So we want to know your thoughts regarding this.

The currencies we are planning to introduce are Zeni and Gold coins. The exchange ratio between the currencies would be 1:100. Please note that the ratio is a subject to change, and we will change it if we can come up with a better ratio after the discussion. The Zeni will be the common currency while Gold coins will be available only through the Church, which means the Church and government professionals are the only characters/villagers who will have direct access to Gold coins.

To keep track of the properties, we will post a thread and all role-players must create a post listing their characters and how much money each of their characters own. They will also require to edit the post to update the currency amount every time they part-take in a transaction.

Every character, depending on their professions, will start out with a certain amount of Zeni or Gold coins. We tried to come up with a rough list that may give an idea:

1. Priests, Brothers, Sisters: 50 gold coins
  2. Ostiary, Sexton: 20 gold coins
  3. Government Officials: 20 gold coins/2000 zeni
  4. Retired Government Officials: 45 gold coins/4500 zeni
  5. Villagers: 1000 zeni
  6. Criminals: 0 currency

Please keep in mind, everything listed here is an ongoing process. We are yet to come up with products, resources and other services that would be available in the village and their pricing. Please let us know your thoughts regarding the currencies and the starting money and any additional ideas, suggestions you may have.

• Like 1

Not a bad idea! However then you need to figure out a pricing system for anything you're using that currency on, otherwise there isn't really a point to having it. Also taxes, otherwise there isn't a need to make it. And then you'd need a tax collector and everything that entails, because criminals might not pay taxes.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chiyako said:

However then you need to figure out a pricing system

that's what we are struggling with the most tbf. We were visioning the village to be a poor one, so each Zeni be very valuable. So if products are cheap, I wonder if the starting money would be fair

• Like 1

Unless the idea is to get bogged down in rules and keeping track of minutiae, would it not be better to describe the economy and/or current economic situation and then just trust the players to not take actions that do not fit or would be unreasonable? 

I guess it could be fun either way depending on what everybody is looking for, for myself I am more interested in writing then dice rolls and managing inventory and currency.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Marious said:

I am more interested in writing then dice rolls and managing inventory and currency.

This is why we brought it up with all of you. While we have plenty of ideas for this club/roleplay, we understand that not all of them may not be accepted. We also understand that for currency to work here, we would need 100% cooperation. If even one person is not on board with this particular addition, then it's really no sweat off our backs. Our club is small now, so it would definitely be more manageable than, say, thirty people. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Nafarman said:

@Chiyako

Maybe I could join you. My character Rowan is sitting idle right now. How are you planning to start? cx

That sounds good! I might start her off either in her home or out in the surrounding area gathering herbs. Any preference on your part?

7 hours ago, Luno Asherah said:

Oh, and please, everyone...don't forget about your homes please ;-;

You don't have to wait for us (owner/leader) if that's what you're doing! 

I understand. I just didn't know how I wanted to start her adventure: either at the shop waiting for someone or out gathering materials. Or in her home getting robbed if it was a criminal character or something. I dunno!

• Like 2

ATTENTION EVERYONE! 

Upon seeing @Marious's post, we realized we should make a more open space to interact between homes/shops. So now we have streets. If you leave your home and you're simple on the way somewhere, use the street! But it still makes total sense to just pop into another home/shop if that's where ya going. I hope I said all this correctly, I'm not good at explainations haha.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Woohoo 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Read our Privacy Policy for more information.

Please Sign In or Sign Up