The Streets of Moony Lake

• Luno Asherah Deactivated pinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

As Alphonso made his way back to the streets, the dogs from earlier crowded around him again, wagging their tails and sniffing the bag he was carrying the meat in. "Patient! Everyone will get their fills!" He said with a jolly tone, lifting the bag up a little. He kept pressing on, with the dogs behind him. There was this usual place for him to sit, a boulder beside the streets.

Sitting on the boulder, he took a good look at the dogs. There were six dogs that would usually gather up around him in this place. Making sure all six of the dogs was there he opened the bag; setting the bottle of milk down on the ground beside him, resting the cheese on top of it. He then reached inside the bag, pulling out a chunk of meat. He tossed the chunk in front of him and almost immediately two dogs jumped at it. He was reaching for more but then heard the dogs growling, "Bad!" Alphonso looked up, glaring at both until they calmed down. He then reached in again, brought out another chunk of meat; then another until every dog there had a meal.

Alphonso let out a sigh of relief, he looked happier now, seeing the dogs feasting on their meals. He reached out and patted the dog closest to him. Although he was popular, he didn't really have any friends other than these animals. The only person close to him, was Fausta but rightfully she had become busier since she became the high priestess. It wasn't that bad though, just a very, very quiet life.

• Love 1

Speak of the priestess and she shall appear, as the saying goes. After a prayer session with the Sheriff and successfully deflecting his attention from the lake, Fausta decided it would be a good time to make her rounds around the village. Her sermons weren't typically so long, but she wanted to be sure that he wouldn't go snooping. The priestess looked rather tired from all of the readings and the speaking, but for her, prayer always eased the soul. She walked through the streets of the village, peacefully making her way around. Fausta smiled at the passing villagers and would stop to have a small chat every so often. 

Bad! The exclamation made Fausta stop short and look around. One could almost see her soul leaving her body. She thought someone was talking to her! A few steps forward led her to a pack of dogs eating...something. And who else could have been feeding them but the church's own herald. "Alphonso!" Fausta was certainly happy to see him, but...not so much the dogs. They made her quite nervous, having been chased by one as a small child. Filthy mutt. "I-I see...you have company..." She said, still smiling as she did her best to tiptoe around them to where he was. One of them barked at her and she yelped in alarm. 

• Love 1

Alphonso's eyes brimmed with joy hearing the familiar voice. He looked up to see Fausta, he saw her in her high priestess attire. He still wasn't quite used to seeing her like this, it always reminded him of her mother. He stood up to approach her but her yelp made him look at the dogs. "Shoo! Run along now!" he scolded the dogs raising a hand. Soon the dogs grabbed their meals and left the place. He then looked up to Fausta again, "better now?" He said softly, approaching her.

Something caught his attention about her expressions, "Why do you look so tired, dear?" He asked affectionately, gently grabbing her shoulders. "I heard someone was trying to intrude the lake area, you skipped your breakfast to deal with the sheriff, didn't you?" His concerned gaze met her hues. "Come," he wrapped an arm around Fausta's shoulder like the father figure he was to her, "it has been a while we had a meal together." He said, leading her back towards the church. "So tell me dear, is the role of being a high priestess weighing too heavy on you?" He asked, affectionately rubbing her shoulder.

• Love 1

Fausta visibly relaxed when he called off his dogs. Oh the joy of being away from those filthy, vicious little creatures. She'd live to see another day. "Much better. Thank you." She chuckled, fanning herself with her hand. "You really must stop feeding them. They're breeding like rabbits. There's already hundreds of them!" Fausta said, shuddering as if she were talking about some kind of pest. In reality, there may have been less than twenty or so dogs on the entire island, let alone the village. The priestess took a deep breath and dusted off the bottom of her dress as Alphonso came over. She hadn't realized that she even looked tired. 

"Oh dear, is it that obvious?" She said, gently pressing her hand to her cheek. Fausta leaned into the man when he put his arm around her. "Yes, the sheriff did come by. I can't say what his true intentions were, but at least I was able to distract him with prayer. Though I suppose in that time I failed to realize that I haven't eaten." Ever cheerful, the priestess only chuckled at herself. As they walked together back to the church, Fausta thought about what it was like to be priestess. "It can certainly be overwhelming at times. Mother always made it look so easy. There are moments where I thought Leto was talking directly to us when she spoke." A sigh left her lips as, for once, her smile fell. "I miss her." 

• Love 1

In the distance, three caravans worth of horse drawn carriages could seen, covered in arched leather to hide it's contents as the animals continued along the cobblestone. The horses whinnied and driving each large individual carriage were an older men appearing in their seventies abd sixties. Nevermind their age, that they weren't feeble and donned iron, studded leather, and steel outfits meant for combat however worn and weathered. Their expressions were grim, hard, and spoke of years of hardships; and next to two of them were younger men clad in plated leathers, one having white hair much like the old men who rode in the front carriage and the other having black who rode in the last. 

As they entered through the gates, they kept their gazes front and steady, however the five men were indeed sightseeing from their peripheral. Traveling further they would reach a sizeable building, old and rickety, it was originally used for squatters abd the poor before it became condemned with an infestation. That were years ago, this was now, and the two story building was cleared for living. Surrounding it were old and rusty black iron fencing coming up to ten feet in height and wrapped around toward the back to a decently sized backyard. There was supposed to be a building back there until the infestation hit, then the plans were halted until they were dropped finally. 

Halting the horses, the first pair hopped off. One of the three old men looked over the building in regard, then the iron fencing in disgust. He had white hair that was tied into a ponytail, he had iron armor on while the chest plating was completely sleeveless leaving his battle scarred arms; big and pulsating with muscles, revealing for the world to see. Next to him was the younger white haired man who had his hair down, he wore white metal plates leathers with his covered arms crossed. 

"This is it Umbral," The old man began with a sigh, "It cost quite a bit, but this is our new home." 

"Quite the... Repair treatment, Uncle Gjormund," The younger Umbral replied with amusement, "It'll give that jackass something to do. Now we just need to fix whatever's wrong with it and then what?" 

"Rest, then work. There is a farm just outside the town Stephan secured, close, and expansive." Gjormund replied, the pair looking at the house still as the other three began to rummage through supplies. 

"Wouldn't it have been less a cost to build a house on the farmstead?" 

Gjormund shook his head catching Umbrals uncertain glance, "Neigh. We couldn't put that much material on the horses. There isn't a place to buy all of it at once and shipments, to our guess, would take too long. No, this was a better plan, the farmland was cheap, this was less expensive than building a house." 

"Well..." Umbral looked over the house then the iron fencing, "I guess Orvjund gets his dream of farmer." 

The two nodded to each other then began to waltz through the black gate. As soon as the gate was opened it made a louder than life screeching before collapsing to the overgrown lawn. They continued and opened the heavy creaking oak door. Once opened they saw that the building wasn't in half bad shape, even when they stepped through the threshold there weren't much for creaks in the flooring. They both sighed, the dusty air starting to get to them before exiting the room and outside. The entire house was stuffy and clearly needed to be aired out. 

"Umbral, why don't you grab your brother and you two go and grab us a bite? Perhaps something like bread and cheese, some dried or raw meat. Get yourselves something too, and a few brooms... I gave a feeling we'll need those." Gjormund suggested to which Umbral nodded and went toward the carriages. 

It had been several weeks worth of traveling, Umbral, though homesick, knew it was for the best. It gave his Uncle's the chance to "rest" as well as he and his younger brother. Back home things grew more wilder and violent with what the monarch going insane, the people leaving and those staying growing more and more violent. It was a sad day when they left, but lucky fir them they left just in the nick of time. Hours after the five men's departures, they could see in the distance the entire city up in flames. And there was a girl Umbral had been interested in there as well, however as things go, he had to move on. 

Moving toward the back carriage was the black haired man, almost identical to Umbral in every way save for the slightly slimmer build and hair, of course. While Umbral had sapphire irises, his brother had ruby. They were both an envy of men in that sense they were still young and quite good looking for that matter, however that didn't mean the pair didn't have their history. No, they were born into a family of knights and soldiers, they were built like warriors, bred for war, and Umbrals brand of clearly seen on his neck. No, they weren't without scars nor battle. 

Umbral cleared his throat, as the finely dressed younger brother, Lumian, had his attention caught and turned, "Something troubling you?" 

"Gjormund is sending us off into the market. We're grabbing essentials." 

"And...?" Lumian asked continually, almost as if he knew Umbral was hiding that last part.

"And... Something for us. We need to-" 

"Oh come now dear brother!" Lumian interrupts, and as usual in a dramatic manner, "I have plenty of coin to last us for weeks, even months! We should grab a few things of luxury, like perhaps a book or a new dagger. Why- we could also grab something for our dear Uncle's as well!" 

Shaking his head Umbral replies, "I was more concerned about the farm and our dinner. Essentials. You know what those are, don't you?" 

"Bah!" Lumian waved Umbral off in mock disgust. For years the two had been at constant odds with Umbral on the front lines while Lumian on more... Discrete missions. It was true they've had their share of bloodshed and tears, at young ages they've experienced things no child should. Yet here they are, already considered veterans in a book and retiring to this quiet town. With their three uncle's, the two brothers could secure their own jobs here, help them with the farm and give them comfort and company until their times came. 

Edited by BladeRunner
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

Despite everything this morning I still managed to get away with a fair haul! Today has been pretty productive so far! I think I deserve a break.

Having finished with her early day foraging Yshea had decided to take a trip into the town proper. A covered woven basket hung from one arm. Of course being in the town proper was much more dangerous than being in her little shop, and so she'd triple checked to make absolutely certain that her mask was fit properly into place and that every bit of her skin was covered. Yes, she looked strange, in the hooded black cloak and wooden mask, and perhaps even a little suspicious, but being labeled a freak was much better than the alternative. Besides, she had excuses if someone wanted her to remove any part of her garment. Generally they kept away the curious.

Beneath her hood the Goblin's ears twitched. A loud, sharp noise emerged from one of the older estates, once which she had believed to be abandoned. Was there some sort of construction work underway? Or perhaps someone had made some sort of big mistake?

Maybe Rowan is trying to steal something.

With a gentle shake of her head the cloaked figure shifted course, venturing over towards the source of the noise. Upon rounding a corner she was met with the sight of horses and wagons! There were also a bunch of old men to go along with the whole caravan. Old men armed and clad in armor. Clearly veterans of some sort. While they alone would be worrisome what really bothered Yshea were two of the younger men among the group. They looked cleaner, more noble.

Knights?!

She froze in terror. It was possible that they weren't knights, but they certainly reminded her of the sort. It would make sense too given their companions. But why would they be moving in to this place? Not just the village either but this specific home! It was totally unbecoming of a knight's estate! Or at least she assumed so. Did they not live in large manors? Or castles?

The market? Oh. Right. I was headed there. Do I really want to go that way now?

Yshea's free hand shifted to her chest in an effort to calm her beating heart. No, they didn't appear to be the same ones who slew her tribe. They probably didn't know her. She would be safe even if they spoke. Well, maybe. Better not to chance it though, right? Besides, if she hit the market quickly enough then she wouldn't need to worry about running into them.

What did I want? A lock? Yes. A lock. Perhaps something for dinner too.

A deep breath was drawn inwards. She just had to calm herself and act normally. Give them no reason to stop her and continue along past them. And so she did just that! Stepping around the corner she made her way towards the market. Not at too quick a pace, of course, but not too slow either!

Head straight! It's fine. You'll be fine. They are occupied.

• Like 1

On 17/03/2021 at 15:38, Chiyako said:

Despite everything this morning I still managed to get away with a fair haul! Today has been pretty productive so far! I think I deserve a break.

Having finished with her early day foraging Yshea had decided to take a trip into the town proper. A covered woven basket hung from one arm. Of course being in the town proper was much more dangerous than being in her little shop, and so she'd triple checked to make absolutely certain that her mask was fit properly into place and that every bit of her skin was covered. Yes, she looked strange, in the hooded black cloak and wooden mask, and perhaps even a little suspicious, but being labeled a freak was much better than the alternative. Besides, she had excuses if someone wanted her to remove any part of her garment. Generally they kept away the curious.

Beneath her hood the Goblin's ears twitched. A loud, sharp noise emerged from one of the older estates, once which she had believed to be abandoned. Was there some sort of construction work underway? Or perhaps someone had made some sort of big mistake?

Maybe Rowan is trying to steal something.

With a gentle shake of her head the cloaked figure shifted course, venturing over towards the source of the noise. Upon rounding a corner she was met with the sight of horses and wagons! There were also a bunch of old men to go along with the whole caravan. Old men armed and clad in armor. Clearly veterans of some sort. While they alone would be worrisome what really bothered Yshea were two of the younger men among the group. They looked cleaner, more noble.

Knights?!

She froze in terror. It was possible that they weren't knights, but they certainly reminded her of the sort. It would make sense too given their companions. But why would they be moving in to this place? Not just the village either but this specific home! It was totally unbecoming of a knight's estate! Or at least she assumed so. Did they not live in large manors? Or castles?

The market? Oh. Right. I was headed there. Do I really want to go that way now?

Yshea's free hand shifted to her chest in an effort to calm her beating heart. No, they didn't appear to be the same ones who slew her tribe. They probably didn't know her. She would be safe even if they spoke. Well, maybe. Better not to chance it though, right? Besides, if she hit the market quickly enough then she wouldn't need to worry about running into them.

What did I want? A lock? Yes. A lock. Perhaps something for dinner too.

A deep breath was drawn inwards. She just had to calm herself and act normally. Give them no reason to stop her and continue along past them. And so she did just that! Stepping around the corner she made her way towards the market. Not at too quick a pace, of course, but not too slow either!

Head straight! It's fine. You'll be fine. They are occupied.

"Do you have a map?" Lumian asked as he stretched his left arm for a few seconds. 

"Will you shut up?" Umbral snapped now getting agitated. 

"Coouulld ask around?" 

With a sigh Umbral turned to a... Small hooded feminine form walking straight. The longer he looked he felt like an eternity trying to figure why on Gods' earth anyone would wear an attire with a- is that a wooden mask? He felt his expression form into a scowl almost, his brows furrowed as he couldn't comprehend the purpose of the wooden mask. Shaking the thought away Umbral intercepted the flesh-hidden figure in a slow manner, not wanting to appear threatening. Last thing he needed were for the poor to thing nobility were going to lash them about. 

"Excuse me, miss?" Umbral asked in smooth and calm tone like soft breeze, despite his regal appearance, he sounded more friendly than anything, "I am looking for the marketplace, we are quite new here with what starting over, and honestly, I'm lost! If you could point me to the direction or better yet guide us it would be a pleasure."

Umbral, despite his noble figure, was, as several women stated to Lumian, "The eyes and looks of an angel!" 

Gods, the shit Lumian gave Umbral, despite the latter being the formers' wingman several times nothing was returned but poking and prodding. Lumian, standing to the side of Umbral, had the very same appearance, and both their blue and red eyes' followed the small woman. Their skin looked smooth white, their hair clearly taken care of if not purposely messy to a rustic degree, and overall Umbrals eyes were soft. However 'soft' was not to be mistaken for 'weakness,' as both young men were deadlier than they appeared. Lumian killed five men in a tavern once with a metal tea cup. The heathens were trying their chances forcing the maid to strip, that didn't end well when they put their hands on Lumian. Umbral was of similar malevolence, as he didn't stand for nonsense. 

Lumian poked Umbrals arm with an elbow and said in a near silent tone, "Hey... Uhh... I don't know of you've noticed but I don't think she's too sociable, y'know?"

Throwing a sharp glance at Lumian who put his hands up in defense, Umbral sighed and stated to the woman, "Ma'am, I can make it worth your while-" 

The white haired man then reached for his side where a longsword and a curved sword, or better known as a katana, rested sheathed. He undid the knot to a small leather bag the size of two apples and opened it up, digging out not bronze of silver, but gold coins, ten precisely, and held then out opened palmed, "If you can guide us around, we would be delighted." 

"Pfft! Yeah! Give money to the oddball with- wait is that a wood mask? How did you do that?" Lumians' snide comment was cut short when he realized the object the woman wore.

• Love 1

Nope. Nope. Nope. You don't see me. Just ignore me. Please, just ignore me. If anyone is actually up there please let them ig-

"Excuse me, miss?"

Damn it all!

Yshea halted as soon as she was addressed, body tensing beneath the cloak. To keep walking might have further risen suspicion. She certainly didn't need that! But this was worse than she could have imagined. Not one but both of the potential knights approached her!

Feck feck feck feck feck!

A deep, hushed breath was slowly pulled into her lungs in an effort to calm her nerves and still the fearsome pounding of her heart. Only after it was gradually exhaled did she slowly turn to face the two of them. Perhaps yesterday she might not have noticed it, but these two men were quite handsome. Like Rowan levels of handsome. Did her heart just flutter a bit?

No! Gods no! They are knights! They would kill me! Damnit Rowan what have you done to me?!

Perhaps a potion of some sort could cure her of this ailment. Some sort of reset potion? No, that wouldn't do. It would be less obstructive if she kept her memories. She had no recipe for a tonic which calmed the beating heart of a lustful woman. Well, save for poison of course. That wouldn't help her here however. She would need to look into creating one.

But right now I need to focus on the issue at hand.

The little masked figure kept quiet while the two men apparently bickered between one another, her wooden gaze shifting slowly back and forth towards each of them. They needed a guide? Was that really it? Something tugged at the back of her mind, warning her that there was some ulterior motive. However that was perhaps simply due to what she'd already expected of them: their being knights. Or rather former knights, as it turned out.

They're just looking for a place to settle down and start anew. Like me.

That gave her a moment's pause. It didn't last very long. Coins were fished out, and not just any coins. Gold coins. Ten of them. She could easily afford a lock with that. Actually there were a lot of things she could afford with that. Her gaze obviously lingered upon the offered payments for some time. The risk for this sort of gain was worth it. How could she possibly turn down an opportunity this good?

Small gloved hands lifted up, cupping together in preparation for accepting the payment. She was careful not to over-extend them, less she risk even a hint of her flesh being exposed. "Of course" came her reply, voice soft and slightly muffled behind her mask. "I was just headed towards the market."

Right. Manners. Too careful is also suspicious.

"I am Yshea. I am an apothecary. It is a pleasure to meet you both."

The mask.

She cleared her throat. So upfront. Oh well. She couldn't put the topic off forever. "It is strapped to my head. I wear it because I was afflicted with a terrible disease when I was younger. A curse, perhaps. I've yet to find a cure for it, but rest assured that as long as my skin does not come into contact with yours, you will be safe from it. I keep my body covered like this in order to prevent its spread to others. Nobody else here has been afflicted with it yet, so far as I am aware, and so I do believe the method has proven effective thus far."

That usually works.

• Woohoo 1

On 19/03/2021 at 00:55, Chiyako said:

Nope. Nope. Nope. You don't see me. Just ignore me. Please, just ignore me. If anyone is actually up there please let them ig-

"Excuse me, miss?"

Damn it all!

Yshea halted as soon as she was addressed, body tensing beneath the cloak. To keep walking might have further risen suspicion. She certainly didn't need that! But this was worse than she could have imagined. Not one but both of the potential knights approached her!

Feck feck feck feck feck!

A deep, hushed breath was slowly pulled into her lungs in an effort to calm her nerves and still the fearsome pounding of her heart. Only after it was gradually exhaled did she slowly turn to face the two of them. Perhaps yesterday she might not have noticed it, but these two men were quite handsome. Like Rowan levels of handsome. Did her heart just flutter a bit?

No! Gods no! They are knights! They would kill me! Damnit Rowan what have you done to me?!

Perhaps a potion of some sort could cure her of this ailment. Some sort of reset potion? No, that wouldn't do. It would be less obstructive if she kept her memories. She had no recipe for a tonic which calmed the beating heart of a lustful woman. Well, save for poison of course. That wouldn't help her here however. She would need to look into creating one.

But right now I need to focus on the issue at hand.

The little masked figure kept quiet while the two men apparently bickered between one another, her wooden gaze shifting slowly back and forth towards each of them. They needed a guide? Was that really it? Something tugged at the back of her mind, warning her that there was some ulterior motive. However that was perhaps simply due to what she'd already expected of them: their being knights. Or rather former knights, as it turned out.

They're just looking for a place to settle down and start anew. Like me.

That gave her a moment's pause. It didn't last very long. Coins were fished out, and not just any coins. Gold coins. Ten of them. She could easily afford a lock with that. Actually there were a lot of things she could afford with that. Her gaze obviously lingered upon the offered payments for some time. The risk for this sort of gain was worth it. How could she possibly turn down an opportunity this good?

Small gloved hands lifted up, cupping together in preparation for accepting the payment. She was careful not to over-extend them, less she risk even a hint of her flesh being exposed. "Of course" came her reply, voice soft and slightly muffled behind her mask. "I was just headed towards the market."

Right. Manners. Too careful is also suspicious.

"I am Yshea. I am an apothecary. It is a pleasure to meet you both."

The mask.

She cleared her throat. So upfront. Oh well. She couldn't put the topic off forever. "It is strapped to my head. I wear it because I was afflicted with a terrible disease when I was younger. A curse, perhaps. I've yet to find a cure for it, but rest assured that as long as my skin does not come into contact with yours, you will be safe from it. I keep my body covered like this in order to prevent its spread to others. Nobody else here has been afflicted with it yet, so far as I am aware, and so I do believe the method has proven effective thus far."

That usually works.

"That's a pretty name, but it's unfortunate I cannot see a beautiful face," Umbral states with a smile as he drops the gold into the woman's hands, and in turn received an eye roll from Lumian, "Regardless, I'm glad to meet the local apothecary. My name is Umbral White, and this one behind me is my younger brother Lumian." 

"I don't need you introducing me," Lumian stated sharply almost talk.g it as an insult, "I'm quite capable of doing so!" 

"Please, don't mind him, he gets a bit uppity. But without further ado, would you please lead us?"

Little to the trios' knowledge someone had been watching and listening. From one of the wagons a behemoth of a man, clad a tunic that barely contained his muscle and armored leggings hewn of iron, was the eldest Orvjund White. He watched carefully and listened to each word, digesting the information of what was said. He had long scraggly hair that came down to his shoulders, unkept but clean, and his eyes were the same crimson as Lumians of not darker. He stopped unloading a large crate and slowly made his way over to the group just as Umbral finished, and a man of his bulk and size, easily nearing eight feet, cleared his throat. 

Orvjund said in a gruff and deep tone, somehow a good foot from the three without them noticing and holding out a worn piece of paper, "Mead. Plenty o' mead." 

Lumian jumped and Umbral nearly jerked until realizing exactly who was talking. Sighing out loud, Umbral asked trying to mentally recover his composure, "Uncle Orvjund! I'm sorry, I must not have noticed you... You said something about mead?" 

"Yes. Paper. List, take it." The massive man stated, Umbral took the paper and folded it in half assuming it a list. The hulk then turned and slowly made his way back to the wagons, with the two brothers watching before Umbral turned back to Yshea. 

"I'm sorry about that. That was one of our uncles,' though..." Umbral turned a glance then put his full attention to Yshea, "He's not much for words." 

"How does he do that? For as large am oaf as he appears he has the looks of a monster and the silence of a snake... Just... How?" Lumian asked perplexed, trying to figure out the old man. 

Edited by BladeRunner
  • Love 1

Thank the heavens for her mask! Yshea's cheeks heated up at the compliment. "Thank you" she replied timidly. Of course she doubted he'd say the same thing if she actually saw it, but still. It was nice. Once the gold was dumped into her hands she carefully withdrew them, pushing it into a coin purse worn at her side.

Brothers?

Her gaze lifted again, focusing upon each of them for a few seconds. She could only partially see the similarities. They appeared to be of similar build. Also, while different, their faces held a few matching features. And again, they were both rather handsome. What might it be like to lay between the two of them?

Taking a cold bath tonight.

She was about to answer them when a deeper voice spoke up! The poor Goblin jumped slightly, nearly spilling her basket. A massive bear of a man managed to sneak right up on them! He was certainly impressive, to say the least! Also frightening! She didn't know Humans grew to such a size! As he spoke she dare not interrupt, in fact she dare not move even the slightest bit! She didn't even breathe until he moved away, one hand briefly moving to touch at her chest.

How frightening. I'll need to be careful around that one, I think. How did he even do that?

"Right. Please, follow me."

Turning, Yshea started to make her way down the street towards the market. They needed mead as well. It would be good to direct them towards a place where it might be found. "So you will be living here now? Might I ask what it is you plan on doing once you are settled in?"

Edited by Chiyako
  • Woohoo 1

On 20/03/2021 at 15:29, Chiyako said:

Thank the heavens for her mask! Yshea's cheeks heated up at the compliment. "Thank you" she replied timidly. Of course she doubted he'd say the same thing if she actually saw it, but still. It was nice. Once the gold was dumped into her hands she carefully withdrew them, pushing it into a coin purse worn at her side.

Brothers?

Her gaze lifted again, focusing upon each of them for a few seconds. She could only partially see the similarities. They appeared to be of similar build. Also, while different, their faces held a few matching features. And again, they were both rather handsome. What might it be like to lay between the two of them?

Taking a cold bath tonight.

She was about to answer them when a deeper voice spoke up! The poor Goblin jumped slightly, nearly spilling her basket. A massive bear of a man managed to sneak right up on them! He was certainly impressive, to say the least! Also frightening! She didn't know Humans grew to such a size! As he spoke she dare not interrupt, in fact she dare not move even the slightest bit! She didn't even breathe until he moved away, one hand briefly moving to touch at her chest.

How frightening. I'll need to be careful around that one, I think. How did he even do that?

"Right. Please, follow me."

Turning, Yshea started to make her way down the street towards the market. They needed mead as well. It would be good to direct them towards a place where it might be found. "So you will be living here now? Might I ask what it is you plan on doing once you are settled in?

As they continued down the street, Umbral looked forward. He had his attention to Yshea but kept his sights upward so that he could see anyone coming their way and still be aware of their surroundings. Yshea then asked a question the white haired man had to question himself. He assumed the best, and the worst by the tiniest, and took in a sharp breath before speaking.

"Our uncles would most likely open their shop. It would be something of variety, as one is going into farming, the other hunting, abd the next..." Umbral had to think on that one, something that he didn't understand from Gjormund given his attitude and his taste for combat, "I think... Herbs. Exotic ones from seed I think. Apparently there are different types of tea, for example, and whatever else you could come up with. He specifically has traveled the world, so he has seen what needs to be sought. As for us two, we'll be aiding them and seeking out jobs of our own. How long have you been in business?" 

Lumian had his doubts about the entire town. It was so... Bland! There were no flags, no military or a brothel, no street artists, not even a vibrant color! There were the low and what he considered the poor passing by, normal people in all reality, but he was internally disgusted. Why this place? They could have escaped to another kingdom but why here? 

• Love 1

While Yshea did relax just a little bit thanks to the heavy coinpurse at her side she couldn't fully do so with the two former knights following behind her. Handsome or not they were Humans, and they had probably hunted Goblins in the past. Still, they didn't appear to suspect her or anything. They also did at least appear to be kind people. Perhaps her worries were not well placed.

Better safe than sorry though.

A turn was taken, bringing them along the street that should lead them out into the market. Yshea was in no rush to reach it. Learning more about these newcomers was important. As it turned out they did plan on opening what appeared to be some sort of general store. Another was going to be hunting, one into farming. Beneath her hood one of her ears twitched slightly. Herbs? Was she going to have a competitor? That was no good. Actually it appeared they might be focusing on non-local varieties, but still! She might have to be careful of that competing business.

I may have a job or two for Rowan yet! Although it might be nice to sample some foreign tea.

As for the knights, well, they apparently had no clue as to what they were going to be doing here. That was worrying. "A few years now. Most of my business comes from people traveling through, although the winter season generally brings a little more from the townsfolk." To be fair some of her tonics could be expensive. She was always seeking out methods to cheapen them so that she could sell more locally, but it was difficult given the surrounding fauna. Perhaps the mountain might hold some goodies by which to achieve her goals, but it was rumored to be a dangerous place, and she was not about to risk her life for materials.

"Is there any sort of thing you are interested in? I mean as far as a job goes. Or perhaps something else" she began, only to pause for a moment of pondering. They had probably come from some city. Unfortunately the village didn't really offer too much. But then perhaps if they became bored enough they might leave! That would certainly be safer for her! "We have a church. A tavern. I am afraid not much else as far as entertainment goes."

Unless you count some of the womenfolk, I suppose. Melba is certainly entertaining!

• Love 1
  • Woohoo 1

11 hours ago, Chiyako said:

While Yshea did relax just a little bit thanks to the heavy coinpurse at her side she couldn't fully do so with the two former knights following behind her. Handsome or not they were Humans, and they had probably hunted Goblins in the past. Still, they didn't appear to suspect her or anything. They also did at least appear to be kind people. Perhaps her worries were not well placed.

Better safe than sorry though.

A turn was taken, bringing them along the street that should lead them out into the market. Yshea was in no rush to reach it. Learning more about these newcomers was important. As it turned out they did plan on opening what appeared to be some sort of general store. Another was going to be hunting, one into farming. Beneath her hood one of her ears twitched slightly. Herbs? Was she going to have a competitor? That was no good. Actually it appeared they might be focusing on non-local varieties, but still! She might have to be careful of that competing business.

I may have a job or two for Rowan yet! Although it might be nice to sample some foreign tea.

As for the knights, well, they apparently had no clue as to what they were going to be doing here. That was worrying. "A few years now. Most of my business comes from people traveling through, although the winter season generally brings a little more from the townsfolk." To be fair some of her tonics could be expensive. She was always seeking out methods to cheapen them so that she could sell more locally, but it was difficult given the surrounding fauna. Perhaps the mountain might hold some goodies by which to achieve her goals, but it was rumored to be a dangerous place, and she was not about to risk her life for materials.

"Is there any sort of thing you are interested in? I mean as far as a job goes. Or perhaps something else" she began, only to pause for a moment of pondering. They had probably come from some city. Unfortunately the village didn't really offer too much. But then perhaps if they became bored enough they might leave! That would certainly be safer for her! "We have a church. A tavern. I am afraid not much else as far as entertainment goes."

Unless you count some of the womenfolk, I suppose. Melba is certainly entertaining!

"Ah, so you get decent business then," Umbral replied then continued, "I understand you're an apothecary, Uncle Gjormund-"

"You don't have to say Uncle every time-" Lumian cut Umbral off with a smart comment in which he was cut off by Umbral. 

"Our Uncle Gjormund does not seek competition. He is a humble man seeking his passion, so don't worry about him. As for us two, before we permanently get settled in we're looking for something... Humble, so to say. I could imagine Lumian working at a church."

"No!" The black haired brother replied immediately, "No churches! Last thing I need is for my name to be tarnished by religion! And what of you?"

"I can work at the Tavern," Umbral stated, "It'll give me a chance to meet the good and the ugly about this place, and it gives me time to learn those arts Gjormund wanted to teach us; and the church is perfect for you. Think of it, if you truly wish to... Lay someone, there is the place. Other than that, Gjormund stated in a spar that you're too stuck up, too tense, which is why you are working in the fields with Orvjund and the church work could be a bonus. And I guarantee it brings in decent payment." 

Lumian said nothing but rolled his eyes upward, clearly not liking what he heard. It was better than nothing, Umbral couldn't imagine Lumian getting fat as a jailor, and it wasn't the mans style to begin with. No if anything becoming a Faithful would do wonders and working the crops, helping Gjormund and Stephan with their work could potentially help him with the horrors of the past. The nightmares were getting worse for the assassin, and it was another good reason to get away from their kingdom among a list of others. 

Then Umbral popped off with, "I've considered for some time to open a fight club. Maybe something that invites warriors and battlers from around the land to come and prove themselves. A competition of its own, perhaps in brackets with one against another, blow for blow, skill against skill, and certainly no killing!  Still, it is merely an idea."

"Pfft! You? Hosting a tournament?!" Lumian gave a hearty laugh, "Oh brother, you certainly are something! None of these riffraff have those talents like us to begin with! Besides, I doubt with a church here something like that would be allowed!" 

"If it's a small town, I can see it being quiet, yes. Religious? Certainly. It would bring entertainment and allow for the town to grow a little, no? Like I said, merely an idea."

And ahead the pair were nearing their destination...

• Love 1

A soft muffled giggle slipped free from the Goblin. She had to admit, these two were pretty entertaining! But unfortunately also still dangerous. It was a shame, really. Were they not knights and were she not a Goblin then perhaps they could be friends. Alas life had a habit of playing cruel tricks upon people.

Ah. There it is.

If they really wanted to lay with someone then there were at least a few pretty women within the town! Melba certainly was, but she didn't know if it might be rude to her if she pushed these two towards the woman. Partially because she still wondered if the girl had a thing for Rowan, but also because she was not a Human. Sure, she looked to be one, but knights were dangerous beings and should not be taken lightly.

I don't want to get the poor girl killed or anything, even if she is a bit frightening at times.

"Very well. I'll take your word on that. It might be nice to sample some foreign teas. Perhaps we might even have some mutual business opportunities in our future."

She paused for a moment. Distinguishing the good from the bad? A few ideas floated to mind, however spreading rumors was not something she wished to do, especially not if they might come back to bite her. Besides, it was a bit rude. "I'll hold my tongue as far as good or bad goes, if you'll forgive me. I wouldn't wish to spread anything bad. But the church does employ some beautiful people."

Complimenting someone's looks wasn't a bad rumor. That was fine. Besides, if it'd help ease the mind of the man while they walked together, well, all the better for her! And they did pay her to act as a sort of guide, did they not? It probably came with the territory.

"A tournament? Interesting. It would certainly give me a bit more business. You would have my approval."

Of course it might also mean more knights, but they didn't need to know of her disdain for their people. No, she doubted such a thing would pass here. If it did then she would get paid more, it would just be riskier. Besides, it would be out of her hands regardless.

Hah! If he only knew!

Now Yshea couldn't handle a knight in single combat. Probably. But she could hold her own against others! Still, it wasn't something to gloat about. That sort of thing might break her cover. She had to remember that she was a somewhat sickly, disease scarred woman.

As they finally reached the market's edge she extended a hand, waving towards it while she stepped aside for the two men. "And here we are! Our humble market. Is there any other place you wish for me to show you to?"

• Woohoo 1

11 hours ago, Chiyako said:

A soft muffled giggle slipped free from the Goblin. She had to admit, these two were pretty entertaining! But unfortunately also still dangerous. It was a shame, really. Were they not knights and were she not a Goblin then perhaps they could be friends. Alas life had a habit of playing cruel tricks upon people.

Ah. There it is.

If they really wanted to lay with someone then there were at least a few pretty women within the town! Melba certainly was, but she didn't know if it might be rude to her if she pushed these two towards the woman. Partially because she still wondered if the girl had a thing for Rowan, but also because she was not a Human. Sure, she looked to be one, but knights were dangerous beings and should not be taken lightly.

I don't want to get the poor girl killed or anything, even if she is a bit frightening at times.

"Very well. I'll take your word on that. It might be nice to sample some foreign teas. Perhaps we might even have some mutual business opportunities in our future."

She paused for a moment. Distinguishing the good from the bad? A few ideas floated to mind, however spreading rumors was not something she wished to do, especially not if they might come back to bite her. Besides, it was a bit rude. "I'll hold my tongue as far as good or bad goes, if you'll forgive me. I wouldn't wish to spread anything bad. But the church does employ some beautiful people."

Complimenting someone's looks wasn't a bad rumor. That was fine. Besides, if it'd help ease the mind of the man while they walked together, well, all the better for her! And they did pay her to act as a sort of guide, did they not? It probably came with the territory.

"A tournament? Interesting. It would certainly give me a bit more business. You would have my approval."

Of course it might also mean more knights, but they didn't need to know of her disdain for their people. No, she doubted such a thing would pass here. If it did then she would get paid more, it would just be riskier. Besides, it would be out of her hands regardless.

Hah! If he only knew!

Now Yshea couldn't handle a knight in single combat. Probably. But she could hold her own against others! Still, it wasn't something to gloat about. That sort of thing might break her cover. She had to remember that she was a somewhat sickly, disease scarred woman.

As they finally reached the market's edge she extended a hand, waving towards it while she stepped aside for the two men. "And here we are! Our humble market. Is there any other place you wish for me to show you to?"

The pair observed their surroundings, seeing small shops and homes surrounding the square. There were booths, well, a few, and people lingered around either buying or browsing or mingling about. It didn't impress the two, that was to say Umbral assumed it would be bigger and Lumian still held that feeling of disgust. The older brother didn't wear any expression, keeping it neutral at best as he didn't have any good or bad things to say about it. It was a market, what else was there? He had almost forgotten he was in a small town and not in a massive bizarre of vibrant colors. 

No... Prostitutes? No smells of freshly baked bread or pastry? What is this place?! These were the thoughts that went on in Lumians mind. 

"Well..." Umbral began trying to find the proper words, "The town certainly has shops. And-" 

Suddenly the white haired brothers' attention was caught toward an older man with similar hair, already taking down nailed boards and removing a sign that held the price of the building. The windows and doors were already open, and inside were plenty of leftover things from the previous owners. Umbral looked to Yshea and said, "Actually, we'd like to see your shop. But before that..." 

Umbral walked toward the older man, and the closer they got the more detailed his appearel were. He wore leather armor with iron studs and braces, a closed quiver slinger around his back but no bow to be seen. Did he leave it inside? His build was more of a medium one as far as 'bulk' go, perhaps not as masculine as others but still brawny compared to a guard or soldier. The attire itself was of black leather, and has oddly carved designs throughout it, and pockets. Lots of pockets.  The older man was whistling an intricate tune, a long one at that, and every change to the tone was quick and fierce. 

"So this is where you disappeared to?" Umbral asked with Lumian in tow.

The older man turned with a large grin, wrinkles here and there, and his eyes the same red as Lumians. He set down a hook and hammer and stretched his back, audible crunches escaping his body and he sighed, "After we arrived I figured I'd let the others handle the unpacking while I get the shop cleaned and ready. Previous owners disappeared, left a lot of stuff important and unimportant, so I'm handling that. What are you two doing here?" 

"We were heading to the markets for supplies and brooms, Uncle Stephan."

"And something for our hard work?" Lumian intervened, knowing how Umbral didn't care for things as such. 

"You'll be lucky if you even get a two bronze whore," Umbral replied before continuing, "We also have a guide, the local apothecary is helping us around, we were about to-" 

Stephan then took his turn to interject, "This little lady right here?" 

The older man stepped forward, clearly not as tall as the two brothers but his face was aged and certainly not without a beauty of its own. And it was clear that a much younger version of himself would look more like Lumian than anyone else. Stephan knelt down and took one of Ysheas hands and gave its backside a kiss, and Umbral immediate spoke up, "U-Uncle she has-"

"Forgive me, my lady, but I couldn't help those beautiful eyes of yours," Stephan said before standing straight up with no issues, completely ignoring his nephew, "I am Stephan White, a hunter and gatherer, should you need help with finding an ingredient or an animal my services are available. What is yer name, madam?" 

"By gods!" Lumian states with clear disgust, "Quit trying to moisten things up! We don't want to see you try to move all those flaps and wrinkles!" 

Umbral then spoke up, "Besides, she said she has a skin disease of sorts. We don't need you getting sick." 

"Oy, ye' little shite," Stephan's accent went from common straight to a near Irish one, and replied in kind to both boys, "It don't matter if she has some feckin skin rash, if yer havin' a lady around then you show her a good time!" 

"But Uncle, She-" 

"Aye, when I was yer age I was rockin' their houses, stealin' hearts an-" 

"Stephan! She is out guide! And she has a skin condition that is infectious." Lumian finally got out. 

Stephan looked from Yshea to the boys for a good minute. The remained remained silent, and immediately Lumian was in disbelief while Umbral wasn't surprised that Stephan said, "So? Even the sick need some warmth! Regardless, I figured you two were gonna be droppin' stones! And it don't matter if I get it either, I'm older than you two and have a lot more experience!" 

"By gods..." The black haired brother said shaking his head, two women were passing by and giggled as the Uncle proudly made his statements. It wasn't a dull moment around the old coot, Umbral thought, and couldn't help but have a smile on his face. It was one of the many quirks of their family, and he was fortunate to have Stephan in his life.

"Now you lit should run along, I've got work ahead of me." Stephan said as he turned to get back to it. 

"We'll be out for a bit, we need things for the house." Umbral replied with the old man waving the trio off. 

As the two brothers stepped away, Umbral didn't apologize for his Uncle's behavior. No, he was an old man living his best life, and he wasn't going to correct the man for what he says and do. Umbral then turns his attention to Yshea, "Stephan is... A wild one. He talks like that to anyone all the time. So, would you mind if we seen your shop?"

• Love 1

Wait. My shop? Why my shop?

That was worrying! The missing glass piece she could always chalk up to a repair job, at least. But why did they need to see where she lived?! No. No, it would be fine. She just had to keep her cool. Things were already going well, were they not? Still, she couldn't help but to fear just a little bit for her safety. These were, after all, knights!

As it turned out one of the men they traveled with was already fast at work setting up shop! These people really were eager to move in, weren't they? Was this the one they spoke of? The one with the tea? She would have to remember this shop if that were the case.

Uncle Stephan?

It took a few moments but she could certainly see the similarities! Despite his age he actually looked pretty good! On that note the man was suddenly approaching her. Wait, what had they been talking about?

What is he-?!

Pink plastered across the Goblin's cheeks, thankfully hidden by her wooden mask, although her golden orbs, now widening in shock, were visible. Her heart hammered within her chest, body tensing as her gloved hand was lifted and a kiss planted against the back of it. What sort of madman was this?! To do such a thing so suddenly! And to someone he thought was diseased, no less!

"I. . .Yshea. Um."

Words failed her, but thankfully she was interrupted. These people were crazy! This was not a good sign! Well, okay, she was very touched by the gesture, and certainly might have made her heart flutter if it were not for the dangerous situation, but still! These people were going to be the death of her if she wasn't careful!

Humans are frightening. I will never understand them. If he would lay with me even with a skin disease then even this disguise is no longer safe!

Still, even she had to admit that his sentiment was very kind. Giving love to people who often didn't receive it was not something she was used to seeing. And she could certainly believe him when he said he used to steal women's hearts. Heck, he probably still could. Maybe even those belonging to the women who briefly passed by behind her. While she would enjoy watching the attempt she also had a job to tend to.

"Thank you" she finally replied in her soft, slightly muffled voice. "It was a pleasure meeting you Mister Stephan."

With a quick bow of her head she turned, moving now for her shop and home. "He is quite pleasant. And I do not mind. Please, follow me."

What a crazy day this had already been! And it had hardly even began! Crazier things still might occur! She was definitely going to need that bath tonight. Should it even be cold anymore? A warm one might be needed for relaxing.

I can always tend to myself. Don't need cold water for that. A drink might be nice. Or a few.

((Continuing in Yshea's Shop!))

• Woohoo 1

• 1 month later...

"This is so stupid!" Cursed the black haired blue-eyed Lumian, a young knight donning his typical black leather armor. 

The younger brother Lumian White walked down the street, and in one hand carrying a bag, and inside it were a plate of freshly cooked food. Why was the knight walking down the street of Moony Lake? Especially this late at night? Simple, he had completely forgotten the tonics he bought from that apothecary. Yshea was it? He supposed since dinner was already made he would eat it at the now-cleaned shop of White Moonstone; the very building that was both recently bought and large to boot. It would act as a general store but also as a smithy, and since there weren't any conflicts about Uncle Gjormund wanted them to focus on objects like metal fencing, doorknobs, and whatever home improvement item was needed. No needs fir weapons, not yet anyway. 

It was a few days till White Moonstone opened, and tomorrow would be the start of a long hard day of work. Lumian thought at least. Until then, he assumed his brother Umbral would be out with Uncle Orvjund tending and planning the crops of their small farm just outside the town. Regardless of that, Lumian would have to unfortunately learn both iron and steel, and possibly as Gjormund hunted, jewelry and glass later in the future. Blasted old men! 

With a brisk sigh Lumian finally arrived at the old building destined to be his families shop. He set the food down just as he approached to the door and tried to open it, unfortunately it was locked. Pulling out a key he slipped off Uncle Stephan, Lumian unlocked the old iron door and it creaked open. The open room was dark, spacious at that, but just behind the counter he could spot the box of jars! Finally, Lumian sat down near the door on a chair, the box an eye shot away and the door left wide open. A cool breeze could be felt as he begun to unwrap the plate of food from the bag, an aroma escaping it and the building. 

Melba had gotten wind of new arrivals in their little town. Yara had made it a point to wake her up from her nap just to rub it in her face how much money she made. What kind of people have that much money and move to a washed up old village? Knights apparently. From how Yara spoke of them, they were just boys looking for a new place to settle. Nonetheless,  Melba was a quite a curious little imp, and with her affinity for the nocturnal, she could get into some investigating. 

As night fell, Melba got herself ready in her usual outfit- a breezy little nightgown, green suede overcoat, and her hair braided into two pigtails tied and laced with green ribbon. She typically chose the earlier parts of the night to sneak into the church to help Tim Tim woth his chores, but...there were more pressing matters at hand! The Tomte slipped into her little green slippers and hopped through her window. It was a soft landing, hay making a generally good fall cushion. Just as she was able to make it down to the gravel path, she heard tiny hooves tapping along behind her. It seemed one of her little goatlings had wandered out of the barn. "Tove..." 

Melba crouched to the kids level and tapped each of it's little horns. "If you come along, you must be very very quiet." She spoke to the little thing as if it could understand. By the way Tove dipped his head wiggled his little tail, perhaps he did! Melba gave a satisfied nod before looking out onto the street and tiptoeing across. Even Tove took sneaky little steps after her. The two of them searched each house for any sign of the new residents. The more they searched, the more impatient Melba grew. There were only less than a hundred people on this damn piece of dirt, how hard could it be to find a bunch of knights!? 

Just then, a faint scent drifted past her little nose. She beckoned for the goat to follow her, and used her keen sense of smell to follow the scent trail. It led her to an old dusty building. The door was open interestingly enough. Melba decided to take precautions and scooped up her goat into her coat before tiptoeing closer to the door. She could be heard sniffing before she was seen stepping into the builing. "Helloooo...?"

Unwrapping the delicately packaged meal, Lumian smiled when the scent of lamb and carrots greeted his nose. The moonlight was adequate enough to allow enough light, enabling the young knight and assassin to see his good before him. The lamb was cut into slices, sprinkles of dried garlic and various different herbs allowing for more flavor and scent. The carrots were two large sticks, grilled above a fire till their orange skins had dark lines across them; butter purchased from the Tarpova stand used with a mix of garlic and salt and parsley fir flavour. To tie it all in, mashed potatoes sprinkled with salt and pepper had begun to soak in the leftover cooked juices from the lambs slices. Food like this would be found in restaurants, given to royalty or other high ranking officers. 

The knight smiled even wider, boosting his ego as he thought, "You've outdone yourself this time, Sir White!" 

Just as he was about to dig into his late dinner with a knife and fork, Lumian heard pitter-patter just outside the old building. Carefully and quietly, he rose and silently set his silverware down, drawing a katana. He moved to the door, his steps as quiet as the gentle breeze, old memories of his many battles coming to life. No one else should have been out this late, so why were there inspectors around the building? 

"Helloooo...?" Lumian heard a woman call as she stepped through the threshold. There she stood, the moonlight allowing her a near ethereal visage he could look at. She held a small goat even, but this young woman was clearly fetching if nothing else. 

By gods, Lumian thought as he vocally sighed, making his presence known. He sheathed his katana, realizing he was ready to cut down an innocent civilian, his heart pounded as the visions faded quickly. She wouldn't have known what he had just done let alone what he was about to do. Stepping out of the shadows, Lumian smiled with his raven black hair and his entrancing sapphire blue eyes; a complete opposite to the white haired ruby-eyed Umbral. 

"It is quite late for such a lovely lady to waltz alone by herself," Lumian smiled gently as he gave a bow, taking the free hand if the young woman and kissing his middle knuckle before letting it go and standing upright, "My name is Lumian White- but what exactly are you doing out this late? With the way you his town looks, there could be trouble afoot."

Melba raised a brow when her hand was suddenly taken. He wasn't all that bad looking...perhaps handsome even... "I'm Melba. Melba Torpova." She glanced around the room, seemingly a bit less interested in him than she was in the space. At least at the moment. It was terribly dusty. The bugs and mice had made their home in the nooks and crannies of the place. It made her skin crawl. How could the town let this place get in such a state? Who could even think this was okay!? Her attention was shifted once again when she felt her little goat wiggle out of her embrace. Melba clicked her tongue in annoyance as she watched the little thing take off to explore. "Hmph." 

The little lady put a hand to her hip and looked up at Lumian. "Yaya told me that a pair of brothers moved into town. I thought I should come to see what they look like." Her large green eyes looked him over from top to bottom then back into his eyes. "There's not much to be wary of in this place. So it's curious that we've found ourselves in the company of knights. I asked myself 'why would knights move here?' And then it dawned on me...you must be pretty bad knights." She giggled impishly, holding a hand up to her lips. 

• Woohoo 1

With a chuckle of his own, Lumian couldn't help but reply with a raised brow, now leaning against the wall with an arm, "Must be a pretty bad lady yourself to seek out our bad company. I didn't think women quite as fetching as yourself existed in towns like this."

There it was, as always, the young assassin laying on the compliments. There was a bit of snideness in the comment, sarcasm playing it's role to combat the bad knight remark. Back in his home kingdom women normally threw themselves at him, all in awe and in hopes of seeing what a knights body looked like. He happily obliged. This instance was different, but it never hurts to try his these small town girls were like. Man whore, Angerer of Father's, Stealer of Hearts, unlike the reserved Umbral who didn't have such experiences Lumian certainly did, and he was damn proud of it! 

Lumian had already gotten his fair share of looking the girl, Melba, up and down. Indeed, quite the fetching creature at this time of night. Ignoring the little goat knowing well there wasn't anything that could harm it, Lumian pushed himself off the wall and gestures toward the cleaned and empty chair. 

"Come! Sit, I was just about to eat my meal. If you wish I could let you have a bite for a price." Lumian jests, his words coming out smoothly like a knife through warm butter. He was no stranger to jokes, nor to inviting strangers into his home- families workshop. Despite the mess the building was, it fazed the knight very little. 

Edited by BladeRunner
  • Love 1

"Well, I've never recieved any medals for being a model citizen, but I wouldn't say that I'm bad~. The only way someone like me would be here is by force." She muttered, huffing as she crossed her arms over chest. "I like to think the same could be said of a bunch of knights." The island had no militant forces, nothing too important to protect other than the forest tand the church. And it wasn't like they were being paid to be here. 

When offered a bite of his food, she gave him a look that said 'Are you joking?' This person was perfectly content with eating in this dump!? And had the nerve to offer it at a price!? As if she were some kind of urchin. Pah! She cast a very obvious glance to the state of the room and back to Lumian. "Thank you for the kind offer, but if you’re ever going to invite me to dinner, might I suggest a different venue? One with no cobwebs. Come Tove! It is much past your bed time~"

She cooed at the little goat as it pranced over to her and back into her arms. "I'm leaving. It was interesting to meet you...I suppose." It was true, she'd never met a knight before, but didnt expect them to be so messy.

• Woohoo 1

It didn't take even a second for the young man to understand why the woman was leaving. And with good reason. The building was dusty, filled with cobwebs and possibly vermin remnants about. All the young knight did was smile and nod just as this lady turned and walked away with her goat. He could be frustrated at her, easily, since for one the woman was a stranger and two she was poking her nose where it didn't belong. Then again, Lumian invited her in. He didn't even try to protest or smooth talk to her, uncharacteristically he let one go. 

"How quaint... Now I have to worry if I end up stabbing anyone..." Thought Lumian, as he too realized just how dirty the interior was. His food was getting cold and of course he didn't lose his appetite. How could he, when he's seen things far worse than rat shit?

After a good minute, Lumian got up and packed his meal, his stomach still rumbling from the abuse he shown it. Even the flashes and smells of the past, from burning flesh to cut open bodies, rotting blood to decay didn't stop his screaming belly. He shook his head and set his meal just outside the door, then turned and went behind the counter grabbing the small wood box of different jars from that apothecary. He exited the building and set the crate down next to his rewrapped meal and locked the door behind him with the keys swiped from Uncle Stephan. Lumian went on to sit against the wall of the shop and opened his food again, starting to dig into the smothered chicken breast. 

Tonight was young, the wind was cool and the moonlight cast over the streets. Lumian sighed, taking in the rich flavors of melted goat cheese, sauteed mushrooms over the roasted breast. He still had plenty of time to burn, and it wasn't like he was going anywhere any time soon. Perhaps return the bottles to his family house, but the night was his for the taking 

Edited by BladeRunner