Sleepytime Grove

It had been some time later than she'd normally ventured out, but finally Yshea had arrived. The advantage of living next to the grove was that she could slip out into the lightly wooded area without passing through the more heavily traversed areas of the village. Even if she was cloaked and covered from head to toe it didn't really eliminate the suspicion that people had of her. If anything it made people more suspicious! But it was better to be thought of such than to be known as a Goblin. Well, probably.

In any case out here she had some time to reflect upon the world. Today was certainly a good day for it considering what had already transpired. Not only had her secret been discovered by two people, but she had engaged in passionate intercourse with one of them! It was a day of many firsts. Now that she had time to reflect upon it her feelings were mixed. Without the haze of lust addling her mind she was infiltrated by fearful thoughts. A fear of being discovered. A fear of having her life turned upside down. A fear of being executed for what she was.

I don't think he will tell anyone. But Melba might, especially when she learns what we did. It would be the smart thing to do if she were hoping to be rid of me.

She stopped in place next to a tree. Her wicker basket, already filled with a few early spoils, was dropped as she leaned against the trunk for support. Why did I do that? Was it worth it? Or maybe I'm just overthinking things? But when has that ever served me wrong? What am I going to do?

Keep Rowan's secret. He would keep hers'. Did he not promise to keep a leash on the woman? No, there wasn't any point in despairing over what had occured. Short of poisoning them both to death it was out of her hands. A deep breath was drawn inwards and then, slowly, exhaled once more. She just needed to relax.

Ah? Is that?

With her gaze cast towards the base of the tree Yshea took notice of a little white flower with a yellow golden-orange center. Bloodroot! She could use the root as a dye, or for creating a potent insect repellent. That could come in handy! Otherwise it would make for a fair poison. The flower itself could be sold off for decorative purposes. Crouching down she'd pull free her dagger, carefully pushing the tip into the dirt in order to uproot the flower. She didn't plan on taking all of it. Leaving some behind would allow it to regrow.

Just focus on my gathering. It will be fine.

• Love 1

• Luno Asherah Deactivated pinned this topic

Melba had very much enjoyed talking with the herald today. Even though it was mostly just him doing the talking and her doing the staring. She even got herself a little gold coin. To spend as she wished...but that certainly wouldn't happen. It was her first gold coin! Perhaps if she'd ever come across another, she'd spend that one. But for now, her coin would be stored in her keepsake box at home. Though her shift was complete at the market, she still cared very much for her animals and decided to take the little baby goats out for a bit of exploring in the forest. That and the forest reminded her of home.  

With her shepherds crook in hand and small satchel slung across her shoulders, she led her herd of babies into the grove. A string of bells was tied with green ribbon to the shaft of the crook, the tiny ringing keeping the goats nearby. If they wandered too far, the curve of the crook gently guided them back by the neck. So it was until she found a lovely little spot for them to graze and play. She leaned her crook up against a tree and set down her bag before ushering them to wander off. "Spill, små~1 She said softly. The little goats were happy to follow that command as they began to jump and run about. 

Only a few minutes into this respite from the hectic day she'd had...a smell drifted under her nose. It was quite familiar to her...she'd smelled it before recently. The redhead sniffed around, staying in a crouched position as she followed her nose to the source. Oh...she remembered now. Goblin. Hmph. She wanted to stop following then, but she could pick up another scent too. Rowan! Was he there too? They better not be up to anything... Better go check. Just to be sure...not because she was jealous. Melba settled to scamper on all fours through the brush until she finally found her. Yshea was here in the grove...but there was no sign of Rowan. As always, it took her a second to put two and two together before she gasped and hissed loudly at the goblin. "Tyv! 2"

--

1. Go play, little ones~

2. Thief!

• Love 1

Careful now. Don't want to damage the roots too much. No point in wasting good juices.

She was well practiced with this sort of thing. There really wasn't any danger of her extracting the roots incorrectly. Two flowers out of a bundle of five were removed and carefully placed root and all into her basket. Yshea liked to leave a majority behind to encourage more growth. Usually that meant higher returns over the course of the season.

One for a dye. The other for repellant. I can bolster the returns. Now I just need to decide on the method of use. Released by a candle? A tonic for the skin? Or perhaps a potion to drink? The potion would probably make more money. Could sell it cheaper too. Might not be as effective though.

Suddenly Yshea was yanked from her thoughts by the sound of a hissing animal! She turned towards the noise, dagger held out towards it, still slightly dirtied from her having utilized it as a digging tool. As it turned out it was no animal. Yshea, quite adept at both participating in and spotting ambushes, spotted the young woman's fiery red hair intermingled with some nearby bushes.

"Miss Melba?"

Her heart remained pounding within her chest. Not a wild animal, but still a dangerous one! Could she even relax here? At least if it were an animal people wouldn't mind it going missing. Also an animal wouldn't be able to squeal on her, unless it was a pig of course. "You shouldn't sneak up on people like that" mumbled the Goblin, lowering the blade enough so that she could wipe it off on one of the sleeves of her cloak. "What are you doing out here? I thought you had chores to attend to."

• Love 1

Melba slowly stood up straight, not being much taller than the ferns around them. She crossed her arms over her chest, jaw clicking angrily as she started to take a few steps closer. "Oh, bugger off." She snarled. "It seems you had no problem letting him attend to you, goblin." Oh boy was she pissed. The closer she got to Yshea, the more of Rowan's scent she picked up, and the more it enraged her. More than anything, her feelings were hurt. Melba was quite attached to Rowan and he must have known how she'd feel about the situation. Maybe he was getting something out of it? Ugh, it hurt her brain to think about it. For her, there was no justifiable reason to stick his dick in someone else. Which honestly begged the question of how much he really got up to. "I will say he definitely has a type." She grumbled. Both women were quite short, with Melba being about a foot taller. The auf glared hard at the goblin and though she wasn't fond of her at the moment, she supposed the little beast could be considered pretty. 

• Love 1

Yep. Clearly upset, as to be expected. Rowan really likes taking these sorts of risks, doesn't he? I don't understand why.

While her dagger was cleaned it was not yet put back into its sheathe. No, she held it at her side. She didn't want to appear threatening, but she wasn't willing to risk leaving herself completely defenseless. Not until the young woman calmed herself down. Then perhaps she could do so.

Melba's accusation was spot on. Of course it was. She could smell it. Still, Yshea's face reddened beneath her wooden mask. "I'm sorry" she started, only to pause. What else could she say here? No words would end well for her. She wasn't even sure than an apology would do anything in this case, but it was all that she had to offer here.

When Melba neared her Yshea raised her free hand in a sign of submission. "I don't know what else to say. When it started earlier I knew not of your relationship with him. After you left I had intended upon setting out to conduct my gathering, as I am now. However Rowan was very persuasive." That was certainly one word for it, wasn't it? At least the mask protected her from the embarassment filling her cheeks. "Though I must admit to desiring it just the same. I'd never really imagined that a Human might be interested in someone like me before. I suppose I just got swept up in the feelings. So I am sorry for that."

This was awkward. Still, whatever it took to stay on this girl's good side was for the best. Perhaps the dagger wasn't helping matters. With great hesitation she finally pushed it back into its sheathe. Then that hand also rose in a sign of submission. "What can I do to make it up to you?"

• Love 1

Melba raised a brow and felt a smirk tug at the corner of her lips. Was Yshea nervous? Good. The words that came out of the goblins mouth were at the very least annoying. Her emerald eyes slowly drifted to the dagger in Yshea's possession. How cute. "So what you mean to tell me..." Melba's hand rose as she closed the distance between them, tapping one clawed fingernail against the mask, just between the eyes. "...Is that behind this mask, you are just a pup who can't say 'no'?" She teased. "Hvor dumt!1 I'd hardly call Rowan persuasive. Perhaps you're just an easy lay? Ha!" Her claw bore into the wood, carving downwards along the grain. 

The little green bitch wanted to make it up to her? The thought made the girl giggle outwardly. "The pup wants to make amends! Hvor sjarmerende! Helt sjarmerende.2Melba crossed her arms over her chest and smirked. "My friend fucked you, yes? Show me. Gjør det nå.3

--

1. How stupid!

2. How charming! Absolutely charming...

3. Do it now. 

Edited by Luno Asherah
  • Love 1

Tap. Right against the center of her mask. Then came the little personal jab. Again her face went red beneath the mask, but this time she felt a tug at her chest. Anger was certainly part of it. Mostly it was shame. Was that really the truth of it? She was just easy? "N-no! Just. . ." stuttered the Goblin, trailing off however.

No.

Her hands lowered, clenching into fists at her sides. But she didn't speak out any further, mostly because she was worried about what might happen. Part of it, however, was because Melba was perhaps correct. Maybe she did give in a little too easily. She could have killed the man. But then where would she be? Would she not hate the Goblin even more for doing that?

Maybe there just isn't any winning with her.

As the claw carved against her mask Yshea took a step back, one gloved hand moving up to rub at the spot. Wait, what? "What? Y-you want me to. . .with you?" No, the other words probably cleared it up a little better. That couldn't be it. Sure, she was hoping for this sort of thing, but such an offer right now with things how they were had completely taken her off guard, if that even was what she was asking for! Which clearly she wasn't! How awkward would that be?! Wasn't Rowan supposed to set this up?

Edited by Chiyako
  • Love 1

Melba smiled and stepped forward as Yshea stepped back. "With me? Is that what I said, pup?" She asked. "It's a simple request. One I'm sure you could fulfill without the use of one of your hands even." Her hand swiftly gripped around the tiny wrist of the goblin, leaving the other free to deal with her belts. "What's wrong, Yshea? Certainly you can't be feeling shy~" Melba's grip tightened. "You were obviously so so so happy to show off to Rowan. I just want to know what all the hype was about. Now show me where he fucked you. Or I'll rip your pants off myself and you'll have to continue gathering without them."

Melba was well aware of the type of person she could be sometimes. But that's why it was always better to stay on her good side. Those of her nature could be ill mannered as well as ill tempered. They've been known to become destructive towards objects and even people. A goblin was no exception. Even if Rowan did take a liking to her. It was true that passing for human certainly gave her a wide range of options when it came to people of the village, but few could hold her interest for longer than a moment. That's why it was so important for her to keep Rowan's attention at the very least. He was much more fun. 

• Love 1

Yshea winced slightly as her wrist was grabbed. Even Melba seemed to be stronger than she was, but then perhaps that made sense. She didn't really understand what exactly the woman was. If she wasn't Human then could she actually shapeshift? Was she really some monster hidden beneath the flesh of a young woman? She certainly acted the part!

She had misinterpreted what the woman had requested of her. Melba wanted to see her naked. That was embarassing enough, but they were here in the middle of the grove! What if someone happened upon them?! But what if she didn't comply?

This is to make ammends. The sooner I get it over with the less chance there is of someone finding us.

With a single timid nod she reached underneath her cloak with her free hand, unbuckling the straps which held her cuirass to her body. It was certianly more difficult with just one hand, but after a minute of fiddling around the garment would drop to the ground. She reached up next, pushing the mask up atop her head to reveal her flustered face. Finally she reached down again, pulling up the front of her cloak in order to expose her naked body.

Well, okay, most of her naked body. Her leather leggings remained in place, as did her boots. Also the way she held the gown up meant one of her small breasts remained covered. But it was enough to give the woman a taste of what she looked like, including her petite figure and her smooth bare mound!

"I used my mouth. And, well, you can see for yourself. I-is that good? Can I cover now? Not all of us have the luxury of appearing Human."

• Love 1

The auf wasn't satisfied with this pathetic display. And she certainly wasn't one who enjoyed being disappointed. "You want to talk about luxuries? Well...not many have had the luxury of crossing me and getting away with it." Melba yanked hard on the girl's arm and used her own weight against her to throw her onto the ground. "Now, goblin..." She grabbed the girl by her legs and lifted them, pushing her knees up next to her head. "When I say 'show me', you need to do it properly, eh?" Yshea's leggings were pulled further to expose more of her quim. Enough for Melba to easily press the thumb and forefinger into her slit and spread her folds. "Hvor søt!1 I can see why Rowan might have so much fun with this~ Tell me, what did you agree to give him in exchange for a ride, hm? Knowing him, he must have taken something, ja?"

--

1. How cute

• Love 1

With a surprise yank the poor Goblin was thrown right off her feet and onto the ground! Her mask fell away into the long grass nearby, hood dropping, allowing her long pink ponytail some freedom. Before she could get her bearings straight the woman had pinned her legs against her body, fully exposing her maidenhood. It was a good thing she was flexible, otherwise this might have been more uncomfortable than it already was! Still, it did nothing to help her embarassment.

"I h-have a name you know!" she squeaked, eyes widening as the woman's fingers pressed against her tiny slit. A soft whimper slipped free from her as the digits pushed her petals aside, exposing the moistened pink flesh of her inner folds! Her gaze averted as the question was asked. "I c-caught him trying to steal from me. He figured out what I was. Initially we came to a compromise: we wouldn't tell on each other. I don't know what they would do to me if they found out what I am. T-that alone would have been enough. I don't want to die."

She is so weird. I don't get her. I don't get her at all.

Her head laid back against the grass. She tried to relax. If she gave this woman what she wanted then she would be calmer, right? It would be safer that way. "He said he would bring me things, things he couldn't get rid of, things I could use. In return I also promised to give him things that I could make. But then there was something else too. Much like you are right now he became more interested in me. F-for this sort of thing. I guess. He thought all Goblins were ugly. Those were his words. Maybe it was just curiosity for him? Just some new thing to try out? I don't know. I don't expect it to be anything serious on his part."

That was probably it. Sure, he had been very affectionate with her, and she had certainly appreciated that. It was something she was looking forward to doing more! Still, the reality was probably different from what she longed for. "Just a passing fancy for him, I suspect" mumbled the Goblin.

• Love 1

"Honestly. Men really don't use their brains do they?" Melba shoved Yshea's legs off to the side and rolled her eyes. "A passing fancy. Do you really think that's true?" She crossed her arms and loomed over her. "A quick romp in the sack, just a bit of fun between robberies?" There was a few moments of her shaking her head in a disapproving manner. "You honestly let a man who speaks to you like that between your legs? Have more respect for yourself, honestly! Worse off, he disrespected me for such an easy lay!" Melba paced back and forth, stomping out her anger before taking a deep breath. Mind your temper, Melba. The score will be settled. The breath slowly left her lips before her eyes focused on Yshea again. 

"Call it what you will, but I'm only interested in you because Rowan is interested in you. Though my interests are very different." She said. "But you should be more mindful about who you get into bed with. They might have a tomte friend who likes to create a bit of chaos now and again. That can get very dangerous for you~" She tapped her claws together and glared at her before quickly switching to a friendlier expression. Her lips parted in a wide grin, revealing a set of pearly white teeth. Her front teeth were the largest by a bit, but were strong enough to bite through bone if she needed to. "Ah well. Can't mess with ya too much. Lest you end up like Milton." She giggled, referring to another farmer who had become constantly paranoid about a 'ghost' meddling with him.

Edited by Luno Asherah
  • Love 1

Once more she was given some freedom, legs shoved aside, rolling the Goblin partially. She pulled her legs in, sitting up on her knees so that her cloak could return to covering her. "W-well he didn't exactly say those things. It's just what I've come to expect, I suppose. He was actually pretty kind." Still, she had a point: perhaps it had been a bit easy. Her gaze was fixed upon the grass in front of her, ashamed to meet the woman's eyes.

"I'd never done it with a man before. I suppose curiosity might have been part of it for me. Maybe that and the thought that I might not get the chance again. N-not that I am completely inexperienced. I've been with a woman before."

Only when another person was mentioned, and the conversation had moved away from herself, did she finally look up towards the woman. "Who is Milton? What happened there?" Though there was another question that was bugging her. "How did you and Rowan meet anyways?" Now that had to be an interesting story, right? 

• Love 1

Melba tilted her head when Yshea asked her questions. "I suppose I could tell you. It's a short story, but you'll need to walk with me. I've left my goats far too long already." She said, turning and beginning to  walk back the way she came. Sure she wasn't fond of the goblin in any way, but she didn't see the harm in answering a few questions. Maybe it would help to put things in perspective? Maybe it wouldn't. Either way, she had nothing to hide...except maybe the ears. "Should hurry and get dressed. How shameful to be sittin' out here exposed like that!" She teased. As if she weren't the one behind the goblin's partial nudity. 

--

Forgot to add: A 'tomte' is a creature from Scandinavian folklore. They are kind of like gnomes (though Melba disagrees). Tomte's are known to be very helpful around the house and the farm, keeping things neat and tidy for the masters of the house. Children are sometimes taught that by leaving a bowl of porridge out, they can 'summon' a tomte to come and do the chores at night. And by the morning, everything will be put right. 

Edited by Luno Asherah
  • Love 1

Wait. Was that it?

For a moment Yshea's face went red again, having been reminded again of the undressed state she was in. With a quick nod she hurriedly pulled her cuirass back on beneath the cloak. Belts were tightened into place. One legging was pulled back on, the other tugged on while she hopped along behind the woman. However she had to stop and rush back, briefly searching through the tall grass until she found her mask again! Once that was secured and her hood was pulled back up into place she finally grabbed her basket of goodies, having nearly forgotten about them as well, and ran over to catch up to the woman.

So embarassing. Today is weird.

"So. You and Rowan? I have so many questions."

• Love 1

"Me and Rowan? Hm. I suppose you could say that we're friends. I've only been on the island for a couple of years. Exiled by my home village. But this place is nice...I guess. Anyway, I caught Rowan climbing out of a window with a handful of goods. I just kind of started following him around, not because he was cute, but because I knew that the more dirt I had on him, the more likely he was going to share his bounty with me." Melba sniffed the air to make sure she was still on the trail. "And over the years we've gotten close. Though it did take a few times of him finding his house turned inside out to learn the kind of person I am, hahaha! I want what I want. And more often than not, I'll get it. But you won't ever catch me stealin'. That's his job." Melba sighed and hopped over a log before running a hand through her hair. "Sometime's he'll make me a promise of gettin' me somethin' really nice. Like he did earlier today. So you can see why I'd be so upset that he blew me off for...that. I might just take down his whole house. Make him build it all over again. That'll teach him."

The girl perked up when she heard the nearby bleating of her tiny herd. The goats were still playing, but with not so much energy. "You get past the point of wanting to turn him in, and eventually decide that the constant torment of breaking his stuff is a lot more fun." 

• Love 1

Initially Yshea remained quiet while the woman spoke. She dare not interrupt her. Besides, her story was an interesting one! Exiled by her home village? For what? It seemed they both met Rowan in the same way as well. Well, sort of. From the sound of it their first meeting was perhaps less violent, or at least less violence leaning. She had a pretty good thing going too: taking some of the man's loot in exchange for not being ratted out! It was pretty clever, though it wouldn't work for the Goblin.

"That is quite clever of you. I can see why you were upset. I thought it was because you were lovers or something. I mean, he did say that you two were. I suppose it could be for both reasons in that case. Regardless, I do apologize."

Note to self: get a second lock.

The goats were near. She doubted she would find much to harvest in their grazing area. Still, the woman's story was exciting enough to keep her attention. There was still plenty of time left in the day for more gathering. "How did he discover that you weren't a Human?" she asked, moving closer in order to keep her voice lower. "What even are you, if I might ask? You look very Human. Are you perhaps some sort of shapeshifter?"

• Love 1

Good. You should be sorry. Melba brushed her hair back over her shoulder. All in all, she could say that the goblin wasn't all that bad. But she wasn't going to be gentle with the girl. It simply wasn't an option. This was as much as she could manage as far as niceties went. "Rowan and I are...companions. I believe 'lovers' indicates that there is a romantic element to all that, yes?" She chuckled as she walked over to the tree where her bag rested. A relaxed sigh left her lips as she sat on one of the raised roots. The changeling rummaged through her little bag and pulled out an even smaller pouch of cured meat.

She looked up at Yshea as her next line of questioning began. She thought she had told her before, but perhaps such creatures weren't common in this place. "I am a Tomte." Melba paused as she racked her brain for a better explaination. "Hmm...I am a...gnome?" The girl tilted her head, unsure if it was the correct word, but she's heard it before. "A house helper. Though, I doubt Rowan knows that. For sure he knows I am not human, but I don't think he knows what." Melba let out a giggle and took a bite of meat. "I've made quite a poor habit of appearing in his home at random hours of the night. I can't help it though. I fall asleep in my room, and poof! I'm in Rowan's."

• Love 1

Companions then. That makes sense. Wait.

"I might have their term wrong. I had always thought it was used by Humans to say friends, but friends who had sex on the side. Or is there another one for that? Would that be companions?"

So they didn't have a romantic interest shared between them. Did they have anything of that sort? Perhaps they didn't! One thing was for certain: Yshea hadn't spent enough time around Humans to learn all the nuances of their ways. That was dangerous. She would need to start hanging out with them more. But then that also increased her risk of being discovered! It really was quite the balancing act.

As Melba took a seat so too did Yshea, settling down upon her knees near the woman, although only after hanging her basket up on a low hanging branch! She didn't want the goat to get into it. Some of what she had collected could be dangerous to them. Maybe. She didn't fully know. All she did know was that it wasn't worth the risk of incurring Melba's wrath.

"Tomte. Gnome."

The little Goblin nodded once. She had heard of them before by that name, but she had never seen one. Or perhaps she had and simply mistook it. She probably would not have known. "Interesting. Perhaps you are somehow bound to his home? Or bound to him? I must admit that I have heard of Gnomes, but you are the first one that I have met. Our tribe believed your kind to be magical fae beings who lived in grassy hamlets and cast spells of trickery."

The wild mood swings were certainly not something we were taught.

• Love 1

"Bound? Hm. I've never heard a Tomte being bound to anyone...or anything for that matter. What a silly thought, goblin! Ah...I suppose you would prefer it if I called you Yshea, yes?" Melba took another bite of her jerky and looked out at her little goats. "Hm...bonding certainly can't be ruled out though. Why else would it be specifically his home? Maybe it's a sign that I should be punishing him just a bit harder, don't you think? Ha! I'm kidding...well...only a little." The gnome yawned, partially covering her mouth with a small, meat filled hand. The inside of her mouth had a soft purple tint to it, though other than that, there was nothing noteworthy. 

"Haah...tell me, Yshea. What is it like where you're from? We don't have Goblins in my homeland... Perhaps it's too cold?" 

• Love 1

While she had remained respectfully quiet Yshea couldn't help but to nod when asked about her name. It would be much nicer if she was addressed that way! Not to mention much safer. She really didn't need the woman giving away what she was in a moment of carelessness. She also agreed that Rowan deserved perhaps a bit more punishment! Only a little bit. But he'd clearly been somewhat of a jerk today, even if things had ended on a good note!

The next question brought a slight warmth to her cheeks, mercifully hidden by the wooden mask that she wore. It was somewhat embarassing to recount her past life sometimes, after all she certainly had a few things to be ashamed of. "While I cannot speak for all tribes mine was located within the woodlands, I believe south of this place. Weather wasn't too different from what we have here. We were forest raiders. Lived in the trees and burrows. Pretty comfortable living arrangements, though not nearly as nice as what you might find in town. Attacked caravans, stole goods, stole people, killed people, even ate people. I suppose we became enough of a thorn in someone's side. We were hunted down by a bunch of knights."

A shiver ran along her spine. Knights. She really didn't like their kind. They certainly frightened her, and if anyone was going to finish the job it was likely to be one of them. Thankfully they were scarce around this area. "What of your people? What is it like where you come from?"

• Love 1

Melba listened, becoming somewhat interested in Yshea's background. It didn't sound much different from some creatures she's encountered. With the exception of attacking caravans. Perhaps they had more in common than she thought. Hmph. She'll certainly find out at some point. "Where I come from? Well...let's see. There's more forest there...and lots of snow. For a good part of the year, it's darkness. But we have plenty of holidays and celebrations to keep us high spirited. Tomte...we are more, how do you say it? Uhm...domestical? Domestic? We have shelter always with humanfolk. We clean their homes and take care of their animals for the very simple offering of a hot bowl of porridge. Oh! But don't tell Rowan that. I don't want him getting any ideas~ If you see an impeccable home, you for sure have a Tomte resident. Which is why you should appreciate everything they do for you." 

The auf crossed her arms and smirked proudly. She quite liked who she was most of the time. "A great majority of gnomes and Tomte are male. It's very rare to find a female...and yet..." Her general perkiness seemed to fall away as she wrapped her arms around herself. She suddenly seemed filled with great sadness as she thought about her home. "I was given away. Traded in favor of a human child. My false father hates me. My false mother would very much like it if I were her true child. But that's just not how things are." With that, Melba gave her shepherd's crook a good shake, the bells tied to it calling the kids to attention. The goatlings gathered around her and bleated for attention. Melba took count of all the little ones and let out a small sigh of relief that they were all accounted for. 

• Love 1

Perhaps the appearance of this chaotic woman had been a blessing after all! Yshea always had been the curious sort. Who would have thought that she would be sitting here today chatting with and learning about gnomes! In fact the reality was much more interesting than what their tribe had figured. Then again many unknown creatures had simply been identified as 'mysterious fae magical tricksters'.

"I won't tell. Now that I think about it my place is generally spotless. Of course I do keep it very well cleaned myself. Can't have cross-contaminations. But perhaps there is something a little more to it."

I'll need to start leaving gifts.

A majority were males? She didn't know if that might be a blessing or a curse, but it was also similiar for her people. There had been very few females. Perhaps this was why they generally liked to kidnap them? Yes. That was probably the case.

Ah. An orphaned child. Well, sort of.

It wasn't as though Yshea could completely relate. She had lived with her own parents. Of course the tribe as a whole took care of its younglings, but she had known her birth mother and her birth father, and both had treated her well. Still, given away? She couldn't imagine that.

Slowly she scooted over on her knees, reaching a hand up to gently pat the young woman upon the arm. Risky, perhaps, but she did pity her just a little bit in the moment. Of course that too was risky, but the truth was probably better with Melba. "If your false father does not want you then it is his loss. There isn't much to be done about that. He doesn't deserve your attention. A mother will always feel that way. It can't really be helped. But it is good to take the love given to you when you can find it. You never know when you might lose the only people in your life who care about you."

Maybe this is why she is so protective of Rowan.

• Love 1

Melba raised a brow and slowly turned her head to look down at the hand on her arm. She'd seen the gesture before amongst humans. A means to comfort others. Despite her appearance, Yshea was much more human than she thought. Melba's hand moved to touch where Yshea had, the odd sensation lingering for a while. "Nils deserves to be tied to a boulder and pushed to the bottom of the pond. Or shoved into a barrel of nails and sent rolling down a hill." Clearly she did not have the greatest opinion of her 'father'. Yara should just leave him! Kick him out onto the street. "He's the reason we had to come to this...pitiful waste of land. Theres barely any room for my goats to graze!" She huffed. The girl loved her little animals, as much was clear by how affectionate she was with them.

"Of all the awful men in my village..." Melba understood the problem. He knew she wasn't his child. But how could he act so cruelly? Melba's jaw clicked as she became increasingly more upset. After rising to her feet, she gathered her things and brushed debris from her tush. "I need to go home. My 'mother' will be there soon." And with that, she turned and began the quiet walk back to her farm, little goats in tow. 

• Love 1