Sleepytime Grove

Okay, perhaps Melba had an even worse opinion of her false father than Yshea had initially been lead to believe. It might be good not to mention him in the future. Well, unless they were talking about getting rid of the man. Yshea could certainly do the job. At the very least she could make something for it.

Might be good to keep that in mind. Could be useful later.

As Melba stood to her feet so too did Yshea. Of course she also patted her own bum off to rid it of any rogue blades of grass. "It was nice speaking with you. I hope that our next encounter can start a little better." With that said she grabbed her basket of goodies and turned to continue with her gathering! It had certainly been an enjoyable break! But there was much work to catch up on thanks to Rowan's dramatic alterting of her morning routine.

Edited by Chiyako
  • Love 1

• 1 month later...

As the midnight breeze was cool thanks to the mountain near the Sleepytime Grove, so did the moon shine brilliantly among the lush Grove itself. The limelight cast a beautiful glow amongst the many white flowers that remained open, creating a mesmerizing field that could entrap most into its luscious gaze. The Sleepytime Grove surrounded the entirety of the town, however more so amongst the outskirts before beyond marked it's boundaries with a plethora of trees. All was quiet however, no man nor beast besides the frog crisis and cricket chirps sounded the area, all the more reason to give one man some peace and quiet. 

Umbral White was one of the family members who recently moved to this town of nothing. It was its own world, away from the politics of other kingdoms and a small place perfect for a new life, at least by his observations. Carefully he waltzed quietly outside the town and entering the field itself, making sure he was a good distance away so that no prying eyes followed. Umbral begun to take off his gauntlets, then his armored boots then excess gear and equipment until he was bear naked. He went on to take out cleanly white yet tattered clothes: a loose pair of trousers allowing for plenty of room held on by a black cloth belt and a loose white sleeveless shirt. Altogether, the loose fitting outfit, or a Karategi, allowed for lightweight movement and didn't hinder the bearer in the least. 

Closing his eyes as he allowed the moonlight to cover his face, Umbral started with calming himself, centering his thoughts into a focused point. He didn't just come here to simply walk around rather he also searched for a perfect area for training. It had been so long since Umbral fought, and he at least wanted to keep up with hand to hand combat. A sword could only do so much. Inhaling and exhaling slowly, he was slowly working his way to the practice. 

Umbral wasn't just proficient in swordsmanship. Given his families knack for traveling, all members were taught self defense and physical offense with the body and just the blade. It took years a accomplish his schooling, Umbral took it seriously and sought it better to continue his training to never get sloppy. It was only a matter of time till he is jumped or worse, and the last thing he needed was to forget a form. 

Silently, Umbral continued his easing of the mind as he soaked in his surroundings and any noise it had. His arms were covered in numerous scars, and his white hair glowed just like the flowers of the Grove. He was easy to spot, and slowly Umbral would move from form to form, taking his time, allowing his bare feet to get used to the cool and sift grass. 

• Love 1

The day had certainly been an exciting one for the little Goblin. Her home had been broken into. She had sex and a kiss for the first time with a man, and with a Human no less! She met a fellow non-Human, a Gnome even! She was bullied by said Gnome. And then to top it all off a band of what she assumed were knights had moved into the town and paid her with enough gold to sustain her for months, this on top of buying out a fair amount of her tonics! In just one day her life had been drastically changed and she still didn't know how to feel about it.

It's scary, really. All of it. Even the good stuff. The really, really good stuff.

Cheeks reddened beneath her mask as she paused to gather up a handful of particularly vibrant white flowers. These were ready for brewing. Her dagger was used to dig up just one of the flowers, the others cut along the stem so that they might regrow. Into the basket they went. There was no way she was leaving home without her dagger now. Sure, the knights had seemed friendly enough, and perhaps they might not even mind what she was, but she had not survived this long without taking precautions.

Also took this long to get laid too. Stupid Rowan. I can't even stop thinking about it now! But is that his fault or is that perhaps a side effect of the potion?

Yes, the potion. Maiden's Fair Tonic. She had taken it afterwards to help her body with recovery, and to protect her from an undesired pregnancy, should that actually be an issue. Yshea had always heard that it worked well enough, but she'd never taken it herself. Perhaps this was an unknown side effect? It would be good to conduct more research into it. Long nights of extensive, thorough research.

Dummy.

So wrapped up in her thoughts was she that Yshea initially didn't even notice the Human stripping in the middle of the field. In fact she had to take a double look, face heating up yet again while she quietly observed. He really was handsome, wasn't he? But, again, he was a knight. And a Human! What if she'd simply gotten lucky with Rowan? Okay, Melba wasn't telling anyone either, but she wasn't exactly a Human herself. Still, it was this man's fault that she was flustered. Who lounges around in the nude, and in a place so open no less?!

Though I suppose there isn't usually anyone else out here besides me. Wait, is he going to be out here every night? Am I going to have to share?

Slowly Yshea lowered herself within the tall grass, keeping quiet while she watched. As it turned out he was actually changing into a set of lighter clothes. No armor. This was good for her if something bad happened. Still, he was a knight. Caution was key. Interrupting him during this would only work against her.

Only when Umbral had finished changing and had started working on his forms would she actually stand herself up again. With a deep breath to calm her nerves Yshea stepped forth further into the open field. She didn't approach him directly. In fact her gaze remained primarily focused along the ground. She was after all out here to gather night materials. Still, when she grew close enough she finally did speak up, if only to be friendly.

"Lovely night out tonight" called out the still thoroughly cloaked woman, voice somewhat muffled behind her mask.

• Love 1

All thoughts were emptied, everything that were meaningless in this moment save for his practices. For years Umbral had spent fighting and going from region to region, city to city, and nation to nation, fighting for a fallen and corrupt monarchy that lead it's people to their destruction. There were no doubt the royalty lived on in one of the major city-like forts from Neugrad to Solis recouping and reorganizing ranks and resources and currency. Not all of the royal family were that bad, the king and most his son's were however painting a good picture that told otherwise. 

Just before Umbral was about to move onto to Forme A, he heard a voice just from behind, soft and familiar. Sighing out of frustration he turned to a small cloaked form which the moonlight did nothing to hide the wooden mask. His frustration dies almost immediately when his eyes and mind finally settled on the apothecary, Yshea. With a soft smile and the limelight made the man appear like a knight out of fiction. His build and frame was strong, the numerous scars but black gashes along his arms and neck and whatever portion of his chest were revealed.

Unlike other soldiers whose bodies were built like any other Umbrals' and the rest of his families, and other knights for that matter, were beyond the the realms of simple or earlier muscles. They were born into such things, trained at a young age and only known to be scholars and warriors at heart. Their muscles were formed differently due to years of harsh combat and environments, all the while being taught various languages, cultures and different literature and a variety of fighting arts. Children like Umbral and Lumian never had a childhood, their years of service only to the king and his royal family. So when one looked upon the knight Umbral they wouldn't see a soldier but either a warrior or something carved of marble. 

"Yshea, indeed it is. Why are you out here this late at night?" Umbral asked evenly, relaxing himself for a familiar face. 

• Love 1

Even from her position and from behind her mask Yshea could tell that the Human had relaxed upon noticing her presence. He wasn't bothered by her. No threat. This was good. Further evidence that she really could relax around him, but she only took this to mean that she had to be even more vigilant! After all if she started to relax her guard then she might make a mistake. Perhaps it might have even been better if he were wary of her?

For all I know it could be a mask. I do the same, after all.

She stopped again, crouching down to pluck a few more particularly vibrant flowers. The bright moonlight was certainly a blessing tonight! Not just for the flowers, either. Now that she'd gotten a little closer she had a better opportunity to take in just how handsome the man was. Humans tended to be better looking than her own people. That she had to admit. It made sense why they made for good captives during raids. Even their scarred forms held a certain type of appeal.

Upon hearing the man's question she stood again, turning to face him. The mask worn upon her face hid her smile, but it was important. Even something as minor as a smile or a frown could adversely affect a person's tone. She had learned that the hard way in the past. Still, it provided some much needed experience for the Goblin.

"Night gathering" she explained, lifting her basket briefly. "There are many things which bloom in the night, especially one as bright as this. One only needs take the time to look. Although I don't venture out every night. They tend not to grow as quickly as the day plants."

It wasn't just plants, of course. Bugs too. Animals. And the solitary peace. Occasionally she even shed her cloak when she was within the cover of her sacred glowing bloom cave, but he need not know of such things. Less information for others was a weapon she could wield in self defense.

"Practicing, I see? I apologize. I did not mean to interrupt. Although I suppose I might end up seeing you out here more often, yes?"

• Woohoo 1

"Indeed," Umbral replies now crossing his arms, "My brother would be eating at this time, and my uncle's asleep for early wakening which gives me a chance to get done practice in. Can't necessarily let myself become sloppy." 

Umbral noticed the small woman picking flowers but not just the head, but the stems and roots too. There was a lot to learn about the properties of certain plants, however he knew well of many as that knowledge became quite useful. In the field of survival all knights and their squires had to figure out ways of killing  and preventing infections, create sealants and laxatives for the pain and closing of wounds, and whatever else were needed. It wasn't particularly easy at all but in a rough situation Umbral first hand had experienced it. 

Going back to give Yshea attention, Umbral unexpectedly said, "You could take off your mask. And don't give me any excuse about any hideousness. I've seen a man had his face ripped off and lived through it, I've seen a what hungry rats did to a few unsuspecting squatters in one town. So, on my knights honor, and my families as well, I won't be startled let alone disgusted... I can't imagine what it's like to wear that thing all day in public." 

The knight sounded and was genuine. His tone was soft yet somewhere hidden in there was a sense of authority yet truth. It was a rare occasion for Umbral to make a promise on any honor let alone his own uncle's however they weren't here to shoot him down, and he was a grown man to make his own choices. But he knew what it was like to bear the burden of full armor sets on a daily basis, the metal hot on days and provided little warmth in the coldest of nights. Umbral knelt down in front of the woman with that same soft smile.

"And... And in return, I suppose I can show you something. I'm at the point in my life where skin disease isn't really going to afflict me, at least on a personal scale. So you can't relax with that off, I don't judge too much." Umbrals last statement was a jest than anything. Honesty was the best policy in some cases, and he'd rather have a good name amongst the fellow vendors of Moony Lake. They he knew his family wouldn't make a killing in sales it was still something his uncle's wanted in life before they died. And it would be something to pass on in future generations. 

• Love 1

Useful information to have. His brother ate at this time and his rather flirty Uncle slept. Did the others she saw also sleep around this time? Or perhaps they had some set watch schedule? It was a pretty good assumption to make. Soldiers out on patrol generally had them. There was no reason to think they'd break that habit so quickly. Also of importance: they were keeping their skills honed, and they had little free time, at least if this man was to be an example.

No rest for me either then.

In fact no sooner than she'd conjured such a thought did Umbral go about testing her guard, although perhaps unknowingly. He wanted to see her face! That wasn't anything new. Curiosity came with the mask. But he was being clever about it. Or perhaps it was just sincerity? Either way it was dangerous. He had experience with seeing grotesque things, he wouldn't be disgusted, he also had experience wearing armor for prolonged periods. Not good.

Thankfully the Goblin was pretty quick witted. "Ah." She paused, casting her gaze down towards the flowers beneath them. A false pause. She already knew how to respond to such a request! "I do appreciate the sincerity. But it is not simply for the sake of others that I keep this mask. Truth be told I would rather people see me in this way and remember me in this way. It makes me feel more normal. Showing my face would ruin that. It matters not your reaction."

Now he was right on her level, and close to boot! It was dangerous. Really dangerous. But perhaps her words would work here? Of course he was also offering to show her something in return. Curiosity tugged at the back of her mind. What could it be?! It always had been sort of an issue for her.

No. No. Focus Yis.

Perhaps if it didn't risk her life then she might be willing to oblige his request simply for the chance to learn some new secret. Oh well. Maybe she could discover it later? In any case she lifted her gaze to meet his. How would he respond to such a counter?! She had to keep on her feet here!

• Love 1

Umbral could only huff with a smile, down casting his closed eyes for a brief moment. Tough one she is. Bringing his red gaze back up to her... Eyeholes, Umbral turned his neck until an odd hole-like mark could be seen there. He was hesitant, but out of kindness at least, he would press a finger to the oddly vortex shaped mark. When pressing a finger to it, the mark seemingly moved, almost spiraling if that. It was an uncomfortable thing to do, Umbral had only done this twice, once in front of his Uncle's after his parents passing and again when secluded with his soon-to-be fiancé. 

" My birthmark is odd, to say the least," Umbral stated reluctantly as he quickly removed the digit from his neck, "I've been told to never reveal it, that it could endanger me in some form." 

The knight then looked to the small woman and his eyes pierced through her socket holes, though relaxed, they could easily make one feel that the red pupils saw who they really were. Or, a lot of times, that wasn't anything knowledgeable to Umbral. His smooth skin combined with the white hair, his mark, and eyes tied together made him look anything but human however he's managed to somehow convince people easily that he's normal as could be. Umbral assumed that when there was a war things like appearances didn't matter, neither did anyone so far in this town. 

For a silent moment Umbral regarded Ysgeas words and with a smirk states, "There's more to it, is there not? I don't see folks in this town viewing such a thing a normal at all."

• Love 1

Golden orbs peered out from behind the polished wooden mask, meeting the Human's unusual red ones directly. She couldn't show fear here. Fear meant suspicion. He did have strange eyes though, didn't he? And, oddly enough, some mark upon his neck. A hole, perhaps? She didn't really understand what it might mean. It also moved when touch. A birthmark of some sort.

"Perhaps you should not be revealing it then if it is so important" she mused with a smile. More useful information, although it wasn't as though she had any way of using it. Still, perhaps it might come in handy someday. Blackmail material, perhaps. She would need to look into what exactly it was.

Suddenly the man's gaze became harder. Or sharper, rather. It prompted the Goblin's body to tense up. What exactly was that?

Does he know? No. No. Calm. Keep focus.

Even so her heart was beating more quickly. One hand unconsciously lifted, pressing to her chest. His follow up wasn't helping either. "I don't venture out often. Perhaps they have simply gotten used to seeing me like this? I cannot say for certain. But really, there is little else more to it. Just my feelings on the matter."

Damned knight! Stop pressing! I might need a new gathering spot.

Edited by Chiyako

'She's avoiding it... I wonder...' Umbral thought as he'd watch the woman tense up and give an immediate response. Though he seemed a tad too trusting it was for the purpose of the small woman's appearance per sé. He was a curious, a habit that he unfortunately received from Lumian, and he was a but hellbent on knowing what the woman looked like. 

Umbral without hesitation had Yshea by her other hand, a soft yet gentle hold, one that normally had woman's heartbeat up by a mile. It was time to make the move. Umbral gave a gentle smile that transformed from his previous smirk, his eyes seemed softer now and his voice as smooth as silk, "Why are you afraid? No one else is out here besides us, and again, I don't have any problem with seeing the kind of beauty behind a mask." 

Gods, Umbral felt like cringing with what he said. He wasn't the bargaining type nor did he ever lay on the sweet talk since ever, but he certainly had picked up on Ysheas' actions. Her heart was to her chest, she had tensed up, and she seemed ever so reluctant. Normally, what he was doing worked, at least Lumian seemed to get it to work, the little shit. Umbral was waltzing into dangerous territory though, and could ruin the way this woman looked at him from now on. Maybe, if his persistence worked then maybe there was a different outlook to take. Umbral in the end was still as calm and patience as ever, combined with his kindness and honesty, it made him appear to be a good man. 

• Love 1

In one swift, smooth motion she was trapped! Well, sort of. The Human had taken old of her free hand, prompting both of her hands to tighten their grip against Umbral's hand and against the cloak that she wore. Her poor little heart accelerated, its loud thumping nearly drowning out all other noises within her ear. Being close to a Knight was one thing. Touching a knight had been instant death within her mind ever since the raid against her village. It took ever ounce of her strength not to simply faint right then and there.

She was stunned, not even managing an answer for a good minute while her brain reset, only to then stumble over her words. "N-not. . .not afraid. I just-" the Goblin started, only to pause. What excuse did she use here?! "I just don't want any trouble."

No! Damnit!

"I just don't want to be remembered like this. I m-mean, like I am beneath the mask. I want to be remembered like this. As you see me now. That will be ruined if you see my face."

Yshea couldn't even let out a sigh of relief. It felt like her breath was caught within her chest. Her mind went into survival mode. Which side was her dagger on again? Right side? Or was it the left? Her right hand was caught. This wasn't good. If she made a move for her weapon, even if only to check which side it was on, then he would be on her. Wait, was it still at her side, or was it in her basket?!

Calm! Calm. I need to be calm. Basket. It's in the basket. He would notice. Is his weapon close? Would it even matter?

• Love 1

After a steady minute of listening and being silent himself, Umbral let loose a sigh before replying, "Yshea, I don't want to remember by some mask and deception. I want to remember you as the real you, not someone hiding under a cloak. I'm being serious when I say I don't discriminate, I see beauty in all things. I am not like others where I'll run or scream... Maccond knowing the things I've seen and what won't go away. So for the moment, why not let your true self reveal, much like these flowers?" 

Umbral then pulled a good sized white flower, and thanks to the moonlight, it's ethereal glow holding more a trans-like beauty. He smiled down at it, still holding the plant as he spun it's stem in one hand, "I've never seen plants such as these. They're closed during the day yet at night they open up, I want to see you for who you are." 

Umbrals words were cut and even, still holding that smooth texture from before. But by his tone he was serious, he'd rather see Yshea not as some closed book but with splayed pages for all to see. She may not have to do that in front of everyone, Sare willing, but she could reveal her true self to him. Umbral had hoped he wasn't scaring the poor girl. 

• Love 1

A minute passed in which neither of them spoke. While she was on edge it did at the very least give her time to recover, to focus herself. She had to remember that while he was a knight he was also not threatened by her. There was no need to lunge for a weapon right now. She would be fine.

Still, he appeared to be disappointed by her answer. That wasn't good. But could she really risk showing him her face? Rowan had been a different situation. She was inside her home. She was more experienced, at least if it came to a fight. She was being threatened and had to play along. Also Rowan was a criminal and she probably could have gotten away with killing him if things had turned violent. But now? This man was a respected, clearly wealthy knight. They were outside in the open. He was more experienced. Nor was he explicitly threatening her. A more dangerous situation should it get as out of control as the robbery had been, but perhaps easier to navigate until that point.

Her gaze finally dropped. The hand on her chest moved, settling upon the hand which held her other hand, squeezing it gently. Not necessarily to remove it, but more of a gesture of comfort. Or perhaps something else? Even she didn't really know. No, she was focusing on her words. "I understand. You wouldn't discriminate. Maybe you would see this beauty you speak of. But I would not be able to look at you the same knowing that you had seen me in my current state, knowing that you know what I look like beneath the mask. I am not afraid of what you would do. Perhas it is a bit selfish of me, but it is for my comfort."

Apparently Rowan thought she was, at the very least, cute. Perhaps not far off from a flower, but she remained hidden for survival. Not that she could tell him, of course. Nor did she believe that this would be the only person she might need to fight over this. The man's Uncle had been flirtatious as well! How many others might she need to avoid? Still, she couldn't ignore the appeal either. If Rowan found her attractive enough then so too might they.

No. Focus. Deal with that stuff later. I've got a bath running. Deal with it then.

"It is best to think of this as my true self."

• Love 1

"Ah, that's disappointing..." Umbral thought as he gave a nod and stood up allowing Ysheas hands to fall from his. It was a shame she refused to come out of that shell and he couldn't press any more, he didn't want to seem desperate, that would certainly ruin any future reputation. 

Regardless of that Umbrals smile never faded instead remained there. It was a damn shame indeed that Yshea wasn't comfortable at all with revealing herself, instead it painted the picture that the woman preferred being seen as a cloaked figure. Why? There was more to this there had to be? Was the skin disease that horrid, and if so, did anyone push for Yshea to become this way? 

Finally after much thought Umbral spoke, "I understand and respect your decision. However, you'll never know until you actually do it... Anywho, I don't suppose you wouldn't need any company for your, what was it, gathering is it?"

The offer and advice were both generous in their own right. From Umbrals tone he spoke from experience, having his own secrets both small and dark, things only his Uncle's discovered just after he was knighted. Things that would never escape his lips, but he had enough courage to say something to his family. Both he and Lumian had that problem, and they both knew each other far too well to keep secrets from another. It was what built trust and responsibility between the five family members, between each other and to be open and honest. There were no other way around that fact. 

• Love 1

Yshea's hands were freed, a soft breath slipping free from her lips. Contact was pleasant. It really was. Rowan had certainly ignited her desire in such things! But what slipped out had been an uncontrolled sigh of relief. For perhaps another night she was safe. Rowan and Melba alone were dangerous enough. All she needed was one slipup and the whole village might find out!

Still, she did feel something else. Pity, perhaps? Guilt? He was sincere. Or at least he certainly gave off that impression. Perhaps in another life she might have trusted him more readily. Alas, this was the one she had.

"Company?"

She wasn't quite out of the woods yet. Of course having been spotted meant she couldn't really check out the glowing bloom cave. Nobody else needed to know about that place, and she suspected that the Gnome might eventually forget about her having mentioned it. "Truth be told I wasn't going to do too much tonight. Pick some flowers in these fields. I have dinner cooking at home, and a bath warming. Still, I certainly wouldn't be against your company."

In actuality she'd had her pick of the flowers here. She didn't like to take too many at a time. Also what she had was enough, atleast for this species, to replenish her supplies. More glowing bloom might have also been useful, but alas, that was out of the question now. "How long do you usually spend out here? With what you were doing, I mean."

• Love 1

'Ah, so I'm to assume this is her gathering spot?' Umbral questioned internally, getting the feeling perhaps the woman wanted to be alone. Tough. This was going to be his training area from here on out, and doing it in a town where onlookers would stare and gaze questionably will not help Umbral focus. 

"If you need not my company I will respect that, it'll just give me more time to practice. However my sessions could take a good portion of the night, sleeping for perhaps five hours to get complete rest. So, I suppose until I start seeing orange in the horizon is when I am finished. And you?" 

Umbrals explanation was simple at that, and it was true that he would spend much of the night put here. It was peaceful, beautiful, and most importantly isolated. It was perfect for the knights practices, his different combat forms and meditations, possibly even his worship to his war goddess Maccond be placed here. It may even be the perfect place for Lumian, gods bless his stupid ass, to upkeep his practice as well. 

The two brothers were practically inseparable, and though having their major differences and flaws they did love each other. If only Lumian had decided to join Umbral out here tonight then he wouldn't have been so lonely out, and he had high doubts Yshea would stay out late lest she was making round trips with her basket. Regardless, Umbral cared not in the end, just being friendly was good enough for him and if she left him alone perhaps that was fir the best. 

• Love 1

"A good portion of the night? Well aren't you the hard worker. It is impressive if nothing else. Though do be sure to give yourself enough rest. It is peaceful in these parts. At least it has been since I arrived. You really need not worry."

That certainly answered things well enough. Still, brief trips here in the night for gathering wouldn't be an issue. In fact it might even be a good thing to learn more about these people! Having a knight as a friend could certainly go a long way too. Yes, it might be risky, but then what day wasn't already filled with risk for her? One wrong misstep is all it would take to expose herself. Heck, she'd already had a near miss on a worse case scenario today.

"Me? I usually don't spend too much time out here. Only a few plants grow in this field which interest me. Occasionally I may venture out into the wooded areas, but I hadn't planned to tonight. I have what I was seeking already" she explained, pausing to briefly lift her basket, only to lower it again as she continued. "As I said: I do have a bath going. Warming, really. And dinner doing the same. So I cannot stay out too long."

Perhaps she might have invited the man if she didn't need to worry about losing her head. Well, okay, she probably didn't actually need to worry about it, but it still wasn't a guarantee. Even a tiny fraction of a risk was too much to take! But then it would be nice to eat with someone else. And perhaps bathe too.

We wouldn't even both fit in the tub! I think! Actually maybe it would work if I sat on someone's lap. It is a bit big for me though. Whatever. Perhaps the heat will help with these thoughts. Or make them worse. It must be the tonic. Sex couldn't do this.

Of course this knight wasn't the only one to worry about either. Rowan might have broken in again. Or Melba! Either of those scenarios could end poorly if they walked in together. Or perhaps it might end another way? The thought sent a slight shudder along her spine.

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

"Another time I suppose," Umbral states with a soft smile, he too had his own things waiting like practicing and perhaps a light dinner, "You must have your hands full then. Well I shall leave you to it." 

Umbral began to step away and back into the same spot he was originally in, the original clothing he donned tied neatly and in eyeshot a few feet away. He thought the bath and the woman's foraging was more important than talking and if she had little time he didn't wish to waste it. Cold water never really mixed well with relaxing unless you find a waterfall. Hot springs worked best, but boiling a large portion of water to wash with worked too. 

In truth Umbral was still curious about what Yshea looked like beneath. If she were in his original Homeland she would have had her clothes ripped away, the drunken soldiers and knights seemed to do that frequently but got their asses kicked or locked up for the night. That wasn't here, and Umbral would never and have never done that sort of thing. He was respectful for the most part, more reserved than Lumian who would have most likely, and succeeded, in seducing the small woman. 

• Love 1

Technically her hands were full: with a basket! But that obviously wasn't what he meant. "I am in no rush for either. The small fires going will keep both warm. Stew tends to get better with time. You need not worry. But you are also busy, clearly."

With the Human stepping back to his original spot Yshea smiled beneath her mask, lowering her head slightly out of respect. "It was enjoyable meeting you out here nonetheless. I wish you luck with your training. Until we meet again."

Perhaps she might have invited him to dinner if she hadn't been so worried. He seemed nice. His brother as well, even if a bit flirty. But there was nothing wrong with that. Maybe someday she'd be able to trust them enough. Regardless, it was a good time to return home, and so with a turn she started on her way back to the little hillside burrow.

Eat. Get rid of these weird feelings. Bathe. Relax. Sleep? Yeah. I don't think I have anything else that needs doing.