Naruto - Shinobis are only glorified tools (Nafarman & JennyDK)

Nafarman

"Stop hiding and come out." Neji said calmly, stopping on his tracks.

A rustle was heard in the nearby bush as Neji spoke. Some inaudible mumbles and whispers followed the sounds of the rustling, before Ino and Shikamaru emerged in front him. Clearly they were nervous. "C-can I have your autograph?" Shikamaru spoke out.

"Oh, it's just you guys?" Neji said monotonously. As he was speaking, Ino pulled off her hair band, opening up her hair seductively. "Get lost." Neji added, interrupting Ino mid-speech. Deeming they are a waste of time, he turned on his feet. This nonchalant reaction royally ticked off Ino. She knew she didn't stand a chance against Neji. She could only glare at the man's back and punch air to pull out her frustration.

"Did you just raise your fists at me, and does that mean you want to fight?" The taunt clearly didn't miss Neji's Byakugan. "Stealing a scroll from cowardly wimps like you would only make me a laughing stock of the village." He added, looking at the couple from the corner of his eyes.

"She doesn't, but I do." A male voice was suddenly heard from above Neji. It followed by the thud of a swift landing few feet in front of him. "Cowardly wimps you say?" The boy added, pulling out a black scroll, "This is what you are looking for, aren't you?"

"Iori! Are you out of your goddamn mind you fool?!" Ino screamed from the back. The boy didn't seem to pay any attention to that as he put the scroll in the back pocket of his trousers and pulled out his chained kukris, assuming his stance. On the right hand he began to swirl the chained blade, while holding the handle on the other end in his left hand tightly.

"You are bringing doom upon your own destiny," Neji uttered assuming his Eight Trigrams stance. Pin drop silence emerged as both the boys honed their focus on each other. Nothing but the wind moved for a few moments. A dried leaf was picked out by the gusts. As soon as the leaf touched the ground, the boys dashed rapidly at each other, desperate to be the one to land the first blow. In the blink of an eye, they lunged at each other but... but they ended up in stalemate! Neji had grabbed the handle of the right kukri and Iori had blocked the gentle fist with back of his left kukri by jamming the dull side in the middle of Neji's middle and ring finger. With any further movements being impossible like this, they seemed to be having a stare down contest, wanting the opposer to be the one to draw back first.

Eventually, they both leaped back together only to charge at each other again. The same thing to repeated, over and over. Iori wasn't getting the opportunity to cast a ninjutsu and Neji wasn't getting the room to hit any of the chakra points. Ino and Shikamaru were silently observing with dropped jaws. They noticed the change in Iori before, but him being able to go toe to toe with someone of Neji's caliber was surely a shocker. They didn't want them to fight, given they all were from Konoha but neither of them had the strength or courage to stop them.

JennyDK

Soon enough, Tenten has had enough of this silly and pointless fight. While they do need both scrolls to be able to proceed, Neji doesn't seem to be worth losing to. She knows his strengths fairly well, as she had made sure to at least get to know the abilities of potential opponents, even Neji. Furthermore, this seems like a massive waste of time and energy - could even be part of a stalling tactic.

With the two males eyeing up each other and trying to get the jump on the other, she steps in to try and get things settled down, since no one else looks like they have the guts to do so.

"Neji! Iori! Stop this ridiculous and nonsensical behaviour. Geez, are you really going to pick fights with nothing to gain from? I suggest we part ways and get on with the actual exam", she says rather firmly, but keeps herself ready for having to sort to more...drastic means.

large.__tenten_naruto_and_1_more_drawn_b

• Love 1
Nafarman

"Hmph!" Neji dropped his guard reluctantly as Tenten intervened into the duel. Iori on the other hand still kept his guards up for a few more moments, after all they were from the same team. The kukris were swirling on his hands, until he grabbed the handles. He slowly stood straight, sheathing the kukris on his back on the holder. The girl had a point. It was pointless to snatch the scrolls from people who were allies in the bigger picture.

"Maybe tell your friend to run his mouth less." Iori said crossing his arms. "Things aren't always the way as they appear." he added.

"My silence wouldn't change your destiny from being a failure." Neji scoffed. "It's futile to wage war against destiny."

Iori's blood started to boil from anger, "What was that?!" He instantly took his stance, beginning to weave hand signs, now that he had scope with Tenten being in the middle, but suddenly he froze.

"Shadow paralysis technique, successful." Shikamaru heaved a sigh of relief as he could stop his friend from turning the situation worse. "We agree with you, we should part ways and carry on with the exam." Ino said gently to Tenten. She then walked up to Iori and grabbed him by the collar, hinting at Shikamaru to undo the technique. As he did, she began to drag him away.

"Oh please! Let me just-" Iori's words got cut off by a punch from Ino on his face. "Enough!" Ino scolded him. Iori huffed but he stopped resisting, "Oh by the way, that mushroom head guy from your team, he is getting beaten to pulp over there. He tried to play hero to save Kakashi sensei's brats." He said to Tenten before turning to Neji, "Maybe put your byakugan to actual use than looking at panties." Iori sneered. The boy then looked at Tenten again, "His chakra is running low, you might want to save him."

JennyDK

Tenten doesn't really have any interest in all of this needless and dumb drama or the boys trying to play macho. In fact, it usually stasnds in the way of getting things actually done. She looks at her teammates."Part of being ninja is also to help your team as much as possible. This only leads to us getting needlessly hurt for nothing at all. Let's go and help out Rock Lee. You boys can save the pissing contest for later", Tenten says, not really hiding her disdain for this sort of stand-offs with nothing to gain other than "pride".

She knows that Lee is very capable, so whatever requires even more help than him can only be bad.

Nafarman
Posted (edited)

Neji nodded, "That's more important right now. Let's go." He said, activating Byakugan to pinpoint Lee's location. He then leaped up on a tree, heading for the spot.

"What did you say earlier about team 7?" Ino asked Iori curiously. Sasuke was there after all. Now that the fight had stopped, thanks to Tenten, Shikamaru joined Ino and Iori as well. "You mean Sasuke? Well he seems unconscious right now. Sakura cut her hair to get away from the sound village chick, when she could easily stab her in the knee or something" Iori sneered.

"Sasuke is WHAT?" Ino screamed. "We gotta help them! Come on!" Ino said grabbing both the boys by the collars and pulling them with her towards the spot. Shikamaru heaved a sigh. "What a drag..." he muttered, as Ino led them through the bushes to keep their presence hidden.

Iori kept thinking about Tenten, the girl had Neji's respect despite looking soft and weak. She must have some good skills up her sleeves. He decided to be careful if situation urged him to go against her. In a few minutes the trio was at the spot, observing from behind a bush, how an injured Lee was still trying his hardest to protect Sakura from the team Dosu.

Edited by Nafarman
JennyDK

OOC: I am sorry, but huge walls of text tend to really intimidate me, so chances are that I will not read most of it and have a very hard time making replies, just so you aware of this. At least for the more simple stuff, like this. So if possible, I would appreciate something shorter and without me having to make my character fit the reactions and actions to fit your post without having any opportunity to impact their outcome.

Nafarman

OOC: That's understandable. I shortened the post and tried to fit it better. Also, given how I am designing the setting and actually showing scenes of npcs conversing, I decided to use blue color for my character's speech. I hope that makes it easier for you to focus on the important parts if the posts are long. Also, given how the story is progressing, you may come across a few long posts, mostly describing the actions of the npcs or setting the mood of the story. I will try to keep them short as much as I can, but if it keeps getting out of your comfort zone please let me know. We can come up with a better setup for the scenes. I fully understand the importance and difference of preferences so If worse comes to worst, we can discontinue the story or move on to a different timeline where our characters will have 1 on 1 scenes.

JennyDK

For now Tenten remains silent and focused, following the group until they all finally reached the clearing where some rather aggressive and mean looking ninjas are assaulting the other group who are trapped here. Tenten has mostly prepared herself for the scene and fight to come. Of course, mainly her own team knows about her general fighting style and tricks.

Once it unfolds before her, she grows rather angry and appalled."What is this? You people are....sick! Come on guys...let's beat the pulp out of these jerks!", she sneers angrily, clearly wanting to tear them a new one. Of course, she is smart enough to not just rush into them right away like certain other people, so for now she studies her surroundings and their movements.

Nafarman

The same anger as Tenten resonated in Neji. "That boy, is in our team. You guys messed with him, didn't you?" Neji blurted, activating his byakugan right away.

Dosu turned instantly hearing the angry voices. The boy turned pale, as he for the first encountered the intimidating face of the byakugan. He froze on his position out of fear, leaving him open, "Those eyes... it's like they see through everything..." Dosu muttered fearfully. Meanwhile, seeing Tenten and Neji, Lee finally let himself collapse. "You guys finally came!" he let out a sigh of relief.

Ino finally made up her mind to help Sakura. Dragging Shikamaru along with her, she jumped in front of Kin, the only female member in team Dosu; becoming a wall between her and Sakura. The remaining member, Zaku was about to make a move but before he could, a metal chain dashed at him, wrapping up around his arm; the kukri attached to the chain left a cut on his side. "As if I am gonna let you do that!" Iori said angrily before pulling him up by the chain and slamming him against a tree.

JennyDK

Seeing how the others get involved, Tenten does not intend to let the others do it on their own, so of course she need to assist as well. For now, it seems like there are no casualties, but that will be easier to assess once they are out of combat. As so many of them are ganging up on the enemy team, there is no need to go all out on her end.

She takes the shot with Dosu as he seems to be frozen and thus being one big opening. She dashes to the side of him, flanking him along with Neji. She pulls out a few knives in both hands which she throws towards him, aiming to not kill, but rather immobilize. These knives have been saturated with a paralyzing poison.

Nafarman

It was too quick for Dosu to comprehend the nature of the attack from Tenten. By the time he did, he tried to pull up his right hand, to block the knives with his resonating echo speaker. He could manage to deflect the ones that were aimed for his torso. "Urgh!" he suddenly groaned as the one aimed for his lower half pierced into the flesh of his thigh. The wound wasn't serious and to get enough room to pullout the knife he tried to leap away. Unfortunately for him, the poison kicked in almost instantly and Dosu stumbled to fall on his face.

Laying helplessly against his back, Dosu saw how Zaku was suffering a concussion, and Ino performing the mind transfer technique on Kin. He couldn't believe how fast everything happened. Even a few moments earlier they had the upper hand, and now, they were under the feet of Konoha genins. "Look... look.." Dosu pleaded, trying crouch backwards. "We are only carrying the orders of Orochimaru. We had no business with your team mate, or that pink haired girl over there. We were told to attack Sasuke only, so please," the boy reached in his pockets and brought out an earth scroll. "Accept this as our apology token and let us go. We admit our defeat." He looked over at Tenten. At least she seemed less aggressive than the Hyuga with swelled veins around his eye sockets and Iori who was approaching Zaku while swirling his kukris.

JennyDK

Tenten scoffs back and gives a rather disgusted look towards the sound ninja. Of course, she has no intention of murdering anyone and she doubts anyone else here does. However, she cannot allow them to wander about either. She looks at those around her able to return it, to show that she intends to talk this over with them. She stops in her tracks now that things are like this and doesn't require much more action this instant."We will make sure to have you all questioned by the instructors. We will not kill you, but you are not getting out of this either...", she says with scorn in her voice. Meanwhile, she walks over to the girl of the team with another poisoned knife."Ino...I intend to paralyze her...just so you know".

Nafarman

As Tenten spoke to Ino, she lost consciousness. Shikamaru quickly grabbed her by the arms, preventing her from falling. "Oh, she will be unconscious for a while once I leave her body. That's how the mind transfer technique works!" Ino replied from the sound girl's body, quite proud to show off the only technique she knows.

"You can leave them to me. Anko sensei anticipated something like this." Iori approached Tenten after making sure Zaku was out cold. "If Orochimaru really is behind them, just like that guy said, this is bound to get messy, specially with Jiraiya-san and Tsunade-san not in the village. You guys have the luxury to not get caught up in this mess, so take advantage of that." Iori heaved a sigh, looking up at Tenten, then looking at distressed Lee and Sakura. Naruto and Sasuke were still unconscious.

JennyDK

Tenten groans and rubs one of her temples lightly, not really too happy with the situation as dealling with unconscious people is not going to help her team or her to get through the exam successfully."I just want to pass the exam. Of course, I want everyone to be safe and such. So if you say you can deal with this, then my team and I will try and get through this exam....right, Neji and Lee?", she asks her teammates, whilst picking up her used knives. She would rather not have her team get split up if it can be helped, especially with such types like these troublemakers around.