Discussion

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Bright, looks like you got a community going about a fun old source material I'm a fan of. I know it's not popping like you expected, but hell it's a start. 

Personally I'm a fan of Digimon Adventure (Season 1) and most of the movie. I've watched most or some of the series that followed, but I don't really like them as much. Hell even in the first season the animation sucked and the voice actors weren't into it, in the beginning, but as it went on I really enjoyed the show.

How about you, what's your favorite thing/season?

Thanks for joining.  Was beginning to wonder if I was the only Digimon fan here lol.

As far as the anime go, Digimon Adventure 02 was my favorite closely followed by original Digimon Adventure. The storyline of 02 may have been a mess but it was still entertaining.  And yeah the animation was limited back then.  The recent Digimon Adventure: reboot is looking good animation-wise though. 

For games Cyber Sleuth was really my favorite.  I think it handled modernizing the franchise while still keeping old elements there very well.

For Manga I'd have to go with the Xros Wars manga. It had alot more detail then it's anime counterpart.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Hello...! I joined a bit late but since I'm a big fan of Digimon myself, I thought about including myself in this club. Sadly, I didn't really play the PC version yet so you'd understand why I try to avoid spoilers but I really enjoyed Season 1 and 2 of Digimon. Season 3 was quite fun as well but then I don't know how to feel after the anime afterwards. Without surprise, I really enjoy Renamon but one of my favorite combo of characters aside of Renamon and Ruki were Gatomon and Kari. The way their story happened felt quite good, to be honest. Kari really deserve the symbol of Light.

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

yeah  few days ago the JP date was reveale then 24 hrs later we geot the world wide release date which is nice... cant wait for my Shin Digimon Tensei fun... 

Seriously as much persona like elements that were present in ReDigitize and Cyber Sleuth... the very SMT vibe of the Eaters and such... and now we get CONVERSATION to recruit digimon... totally demon negotiation from SMT.

Well Thats not really news.

Habu mentioned working on the next story game around the time Hackers Memory was released.

Sure there was some wording i think that was ambiguous, like i think some of the interview/statements got translated as "Sequel" and was in reference to Cyber sleuth.  But at the same time whe ndealing with Japanese >english and such there could be some confusion and such.

Like if he said next Story game or something one could assume they meant asequel to Cyber sleuth ESPECIALLY from the English fandom perspective cause MANY a fan think Cyber sleuth was the "First" story game. When in fact its the 5th. (world Ds, Dawn/Dusk, Lost Evolution, Super Xros Wars,  Cyber sleuth, Hackers Memory)

Since I believe the statement was made before Hackers memory was announced at the time he COULD of been talking about HM it could of easily been early enough where HM was going to be a sequel or something instead of  side B (for lack of a rather outdated term) Hell its unclear if Hackers memory should count as Story 6 or 5.5

But yeah Digimon con was pretty good i tihnk. Despite the naysayers who went in being ridiculous with their expectations. I mean it was what late Feb?  There were 2 things everyone wanted from it i think.  News on 02, and news on Survive.  Instead we got news on the 2020 dub, and news on Survive. I'm gald they didnt' give us a release date at the time. because 1 it was pre recorded so it was probably filmed MID feb

if they said "Its due out X day"  and then something happened to push it back even 1 week the fans would of flipped. clearly Habumon was smart enough to not commit a date or window just incase. He did say it was defintiely coming out this year which was good enough.

Hell a lot of fans got mad cause he didn't want to commit to anything but then again its a team thing...Habu may be the man in charge of the digimon games but he does have people above him. He was being honest he'd love to bring stuff like Re Digitize Decode to the switch but it would need to be revamped cause it was designed with 2 screens in mind.  He'd be interested in bringing the PS1 world games to a new console but  do they just want to plop the games as is on it? do they want to upscale the graphics some? add some QoL features? 

like you have to try and ifgure out how well will world 1 sell in this day and age. same for 2 and 3 when stuff like CS is probably more well known expected . Mobile games are their own can of worms to deal with.  And of course we have to be real... Digimon is a niche fandom. It doesn't matter how many fans exist in the world stuff like Dragonball,  and Gundam will always outnumber us. The money will always go to fund new Dragon ball and Gundam stuff, New One piece stuff , because they have the numbers. Sure Digimon COULD do great if they invested in it... but Onepiece and Dragon ball already do great so ... 

Take a chance... or put the money where you know it will multiply? but yeah i love that the next Story game will focus on the Olympos 12... I kinda hope its set in the same world as at least Dawn/dusk Let us see the City that Koh and Sayo called home in a 3D view. Hell it'll be set in the digital world which should just look beautiful

• 3 months later...

Liked the most recent episode of Ghost Game.  Seemed to give some hints on the direction the show might be moving in. The fact that it was written by the head writer helps. Some hints that we might even get secondary partners (but that is not certain).

Edited by BrightChaos

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yeah, Dreamers is a solid translation would be nice if the same care had been given to seekers. But ohwell i'll find time at some point to binge read Seekers ch1, since i know they did go and fine tune the translations some as more bits got added. Just kinda left off round 1-5 or so lol.

Waiting for Dreamers to catch up to where it was in print (ch 18 or so) cause then its NEW content.