Yes, No, Maybe

Yes. I was at a particularly low point in my life and crushed hard on someone from afar. I never said anything and I think he's better off for it, all married up now with 3 kids.

One of my friends is recently separated. When she told us the story of the cheating boyfriend, another friend said, "once a cheater, always a cheater." Do you think people can change? 

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You always talk so poorly of yourself. Show yourself some kindness, lady.

I do. I like to think I'm proof. I have a lot of trauma, a lot of insecurities and I've never been good at controlling them in times of great distress and they sometimes manifest themselves in ways that I'm not proud of (not violent, but still not me). I also used to be a very angry and spiteful person, who was egged on by someone I loved that was an even more angry and spiteful person. I started therapy some months ago, as 2022 as a whole with everything start to finish was too much for me to handle. I feel better about myself and others than I have in many, many years. I don't believe that someone doing something stupid or making a bad choice in one point in time should define them forever (we have ALL done stupid shit), people learn and grow up in different environments and circumstances or may just have asshole mentalities from their youth that they never grow out of. That absolutely can change and people can grow. He has to be able to hold himself accountable for cheating in order to do that, though. 

Do you think morality is more important than logic?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Honestly, I can't imagine hurting someone, and even if I could, I doubt I'm powerful enough to actually do it, so I guess no.

Would you take a job where you just performed oral sex for 8 straight hours with a half hour lunch? Just four non-stop hours of tongue on clit or dick in mouth then when the whistle blows you stop and go home. Impersonal and not even remotely sexy.

• 2 weeks later...

This is entirely dependent on who the person is. Some people want, deserve, and can handle the truth. I default to treating people like that, until they prove to me that they are the other type of person. Usually, I just don't interact with that type if at all possible.  So... mostly no, unless they're going to turn it into drama, in which case, yes.

Would you want to survive an apocalypse if everyone you currently know did not?

• 4 weeks later...

Archived