Isekai Workshop (Writingforfun x Lusterless Nova)

There was water all around her, water in her clothes, water in her socks, water in her hair and she officially had ENOUGH WATER! Not that she could complain about that to anyone considering she was alone in her boat as it got kicked around in the waves. All she could do was use the one rudder that wasn't broken and try her best to steer towards land. She could see it clearly since quite a while now after all. It was the whole reason she jumped ship in one of the boats. That, and she wasn't exactly allowed to be on that ship in the first place and was not looking forward to talk with the harbor authorities... or the pissed captain.

Her arms felt as if they were about to fall off, her whole face felt dry from the salt water that the waves splashed in her face, but with heavy breath, she did it! The boat stopped when she steered it into the sand, and slightly rushed left it there. "Hah... Hah..." Not good. She hasn't eaten in a while, her vision was starting to get blurry. She was about to pass out, no doubt. "Please be dry, please be dry, please be dry... and don't blow off my hand." She reached into the pocket she sew into her mantle and YES! The paper somehow remained dry! She took out a red paper tube and was overjoyed~ All that was left to do now was to aim for the sky, the other hand on the line, and PULL! With a whistle at first, and then with a BANG, a flare shot up in the air. She admired the red ball that now floated in the air, illuminating even this rainy day... and passed out on her back. At least that much strength she still had left and at least didn't end up face first in the sand.

Edited by Lusterless Nova
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

It was the loud bang and flash in the sky the brought the attention of a blonde male who was close by the water. Something like that which stood out in this rain made him curious as to what it was. As he made his way to the beach he looked around to see if there was anything that could help him understand  what happened. As he was looking around he noticed one big thing out of the ordinary as his eyes went wide a bit and he dashed over to see.

Coming across a girl with blue hair on the beach and rain pouring onto her he wondered if she was the source of it. Though his first priority was making sure she was ok. Taking his cloak off he made sure to try and cover her with the dry part facing towards her, if anything it would just keep the rain off her. He quickly looked around to see if there were any other people but there weren’t as he came back and picked her up. “She is soaked to the bone.” He spoke to himself.

Quickly he took her back to a small house, rather small enough you couldn’t call it a shack, as he did the best he could to clean her up and wipe the sand off. Though the best thing to do was to get her out of those soaked clothes. He lit up a fire as he blushed having to do the deed himself. “I hope she doesn’t kill me.” He said as he started to strip her down and put her in his sleeping clothes. Once that was done he decided to go and make some warm food for himself and this woman when she would wake up.

• Love 2

A few hours passed with her not doing much. But her breath was steady at least. And best of all: She didn't have any wounds on her, so no need to worry about bandages and whatnot. Now that it turned mid-day however, she stirred at the smell of food. "I'M UP!" and shot up into a sitting without warning! So much for being exhausted. Eria's thought process started to kick in again as her breath recovered. She hit land, used her flare... her hand was still there so that's good... and her clothes were different. Going through this rationally, there really was just one way how it turned out after she passed out. Still, she gave herself a moment to examine her surroundings. She was in a bed, which was in a... hut? Not quite, but not far off either. Aaaand there was a person there. "Morning!" 

Edited by Lusterless Nova
  • Like 1

The person was a little shocked to see that she had woken up with what appeared to be quite the chippier mood, or at least that was he could gather from her shouting. He turned and looked at her as he gave her a warm smile to try and match the warmth of the fireplace. “Actually it’s a little odd from the morning.” He started off with a small joke. 

“If you’re hungry I have food for you.” He said as he went into the other room, grabbing a tray with food he had made before, and bringing it back to her. “Just eat it slow.” He added as he went and sat back in a chair before watching her. He had a lot of questions for her but he would have to wait until she regained some strength first.

• Like 1

In her defense, it has been some time since she had a proper watch. With her sleep schedule, any time of the day could be morning from her perspective. "I am~" Who in their right mind would say no to free food? She waited a bit until he got back, taking a quick peek under the shirt she wore to confirm feeling a lack of fabric in at least one place, then took the bowl from him carefully and crossed her legs to sit more comfortably. "No promises." Though when she noticed how hot it was, maybe it was best to slow down after all. "Say... While this cools down. Am I right to assume you picked me up, stripped me, and put me into your bed?" She grinned at him, thinking she was going to have at least some fun around here, but quickly added. "Thanks~ I mean it beats being passed out in wet sand while it rains." With that out of the way she started stuffing soup into her face as if she had no care in the world. 

She sighed in relief as the hole in her stomach was properly filled, set the bowl aside, and fell on her back again. "I'm fine, I'm fine. My arms just feel like they are trying to fall off, and my back hurts." What else was there to expect from a person who didn't row a boat once in her life, through harsh weather at that? But she turned her head to him with a smile because she was pretty sure she just found herself a friend. "My name's Eria. Thanks for the rescue~ I guess you have some questions though so... go ahead? I'm not going anywhere unless you kick me out." 

• Like 1

He had nodded to answer her first question she had asked without saying anything. Though he had blushed slightly with that question since he did strip her down, of course this was all for actual reasons and not some perverted reason. Once she finished eating he listened and nodded. “Well I’m not going to be kicking you out anytime soon.” He started as he sat back in a chair. “It’ll be probably a decent while before you can even be fully recovered.” 

With a sigh he thought of the questions to ask as there were so many but the first and most obvious one came to mind as he looked at her. “What were you doing out there in the first place?” He asked as his eyes looked at her before the realization snapped to him that he forgot to introduce himself as well, it’s not like he was needing to hide his identity or anything. “Ah, almost forgot my name is Alexander but you can shorten it if you would like to.” He added giving her another warm smile.

• Like 1

As much as she welcomed the idea of a free place to stay, something about accepting his offer in particular didn't feel right. Was it the guilt of finally growing into a responsible young adult... or a cold? She felt fine otherwise, but what mattered for now was rest and wait. "Thanks. To be honest my head feels a little dizzy. Mind if I lie down while we talk?" Before he could say much about that, she lied down already on her side, pulling up the sheets up to her shoulders.

It was only fair to share a part of her story. Least she could do was entertain him. "So, you know how you need to pay something to board a ship? I thought I could be sneaky, got caught though, and then had to jump ship right away. Prison sounds... bad." Prisons in her time were somewhat comfortable, but in this day and age who knew what conditions she would have been kept in? "So I took the Captain's boat before he could do anything, got over here, and at least got to test my magnesium flare~" While still proud that it worked, she then reminded herself how people reacted to scientific bits of knowledge around here. She let out a sigh and rolled over, hiding her face. Her voice went down a bit though, making it easy to hear that she was a bit sad. "Nevermind. It probably sounds like moonspeak to you too." In this world, the periodic table sounded more like magic than the actual magic around her. Unfair! She grumbled under her breath at this ridiculousness. Magic required some super special talent after all. Anyone could be taught science however. 

• Like 1

Hearing how proud she was of it he smiles as he looked at her before reaching over and patting her head. “No it doesn’t. Even if it did I would still listen and try to understand.” He said simply to her as he then sat back. “You can keep talking about it and if anything I can just always ask questions to you about it if I don’t understand it.” He laughed slightly as he looked at the girl in his bed.

Standing up he decided if they were going to talk like this by the fire they might as well have something to drink. Getting two mugs he filled them with water and placed one next to the bed as he held the other one when he sat back down. He found that he was enjoying her company, though probably it was to the fact that he didn’t always have someone around to talk to so he might have spoken to himself like a crazy person a few times.

• Like 1

Huh? This was a new one. She turned her head a little when he offered an ear, and it helped! She was glad to hear he wasn't going to just wave it off. In the few moments he was gone, she ate up what was left in the bowl and offered it to him as he offered her some water. "Well... My flare was mostly made from magnesium, which is easy to obtain. First you get some sea water, then boil it until the portion of water is mostly evaporated, then use an electrif-" She interrupted herself. The next part wouldn't make much sense here. People in this world wouldn't know what electricity is. She sighed. "Nevermind. Let's focus on something more useful." What though? She looked around, and while she had many ideas, it would be great if it was something simple yet effective.

Eria thought about it for a moment, took a sip, then noticed the... "house" itself. "Huh... Alli? If you don't mind doing some leg work, you could make your house a lot nicer you know? The beach was full of sea shells wasn't it? If you collect a pile as big as you, crush them with a hammer into powder, and mix that with water you get a pale paste called mortar. It gets super hard once it dries out, almost like stone." He could also make his house bigger if he wanted, add actual rooms so long as there was enough space outside. "There are other ways to make mortar, but since it is basically just calcium and water, and sea shells being made mostly of calcium, it is a cheap and easy to make building material". It was clear as day that she was proud of herself to even know that, but she didn't brag about it. She preferred to teach him some of what she knew instead.

• Woohoo 1

He looked at her for a good moment as she talked before when she was finished he couldn't help but let out a good chuckle. “I’m sorry but just hearing you talk like this, it just amuses me.” He said though some of his chuckles before he smiles at her. “It’s really just like wow you know your stuff in and out and I like that it means that there is the possibility of having a good conversation for as long as you are here or even that I would be in for a good lesson.” He continues as he then took a drink of his water.

Putting the glass down he sighed as he looked at her again. “As for the second part I can see what you mean about making my place look a lot nicer but I would say my retort would be that I am fine with such a small place. Not many people visit me so often or wash up on shore.” He joked as he smirked at his own joke. “Though if you are going to be here for a bit I do suppose it’s a good idea. Hell, who knows, if I like having you around I might offer you a place to stay, of course with some sort of rent and such in mind.” He spoke thinking a little too far ahead in the future and maybe just a little out there.