Stardew Valley - Pelican Town romance - (JennyDK & Linkina)

RP between: @JennyDK and @Linkina.

Overall premise:
The new farmer has recently moved to the valley following a letter they opened from their late grandfather. He was once a resident here with his own farm, which he has left to his grandchild.
Unbeknownst to the young woman called Haley and the new farmer, a fated meeting would lead to so much more for both. While both being rather inexperience in the ways of romance, surely they can both grow to master it over time? Only time will tell! ❤️

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is another beautiful, warm and sunny spring day in Stardew Valley, bringing out the many residents of Pelican town, one of which being one part of a sister pair who lives together. Haley often likes to spend time by the pretty surroundings around the place, especially the area around the old and rickety looking community center, which could really use a helping hand, but that is a story for later.

Urged on by Mayor Lewis, the new farmer has been adviced to take the time and opportunity to get out and greet the townsfolk when possible and since the crops she has been donated are planted and watered, there is little to do at the farm at present time.

The young Haley is quietly reading a book on a bench, humming lightly to herself as she does so.

large.1937001455_2046762-HaleyStardew_Va

• 4 weeks later...

Percy had just moved into town, a small town and another set of pace. The townsfolks seemed nice, although she just met almost only two of them. She walked from her small little house into an even smaller town, she was greeted with many smiles. As she passed many houses she finally reached the beach, she had longed for it for a while but never got the time until now. Her eyes were everywhere until they landed on a blonde woman sitting by herself, Percy had seen beautiful women before but this one seemed different. She walked up to her as she smiled softly, "Uhm Hi Im new in town Mayor wants me to say hi to peoples". 

OOC: Would it be possible to get a reference image for Percy? I would very much appreciate if I can put a face to a character.

The beach has a few benches for people to use if they wish, providing quite a lovely, serene and pretty view for whoever is sitting there. This is a place where Haley often sits if she needs to be by herself and in general relax or think about stuff. She usually brings a book to read through and about half of the time it is some sappy romance novel. She thought herself to be all alone this early in the day and with most people either working or doing other activities other places. However, the tranquil silence is broken as someone approaches and addresses her. She turns her young and pretty face towards the newcomer."Ohh, good day. Welcome to the valley and town. I am Haley - I live with my sister Emily in town", she says politely and smiles softly.

ecfe511c98fbeed33c08bc9d289d2ac2.jpg(OOC:This is Percy)

As Percy saw the young woman's face for the first time her heart skipped a smaller beat, she usually found most women pretty but this was something else. She almost looked like those upper-class ladies back in the city, but with a touch of village life to her. She simply just smiled in reply to the girls answer, “I see I will have to talk to her later as well”. Percy looked at Haley as she tried not to stare too much, Percy was maybe not the most social person but she knew the standards of do’s and don’ts. Her eyes shifted back to the ocean, it had been a while since she saw it up close. Even if she spent some summers with her grandfather, her memory of this place had faded since. Maybe it was the lack of love from home or just pure trauma from other things. She wasn’t sure anymore, but the soft smell of the sea put her at ease. “It's really beautiful out here”, she said as her eyes stayed focused on the sea.

• Like 1

As Percy watches Haley, the early morning sun rays bathes the blonde in an almost heavenly light and the light breeze causes her golden locks to whisher around softly in the air, yet not getting to obscure her lovely face. The blonde frowns a tiny bit from not hearing the name of the newcomer in return, but it quickly fades away once more. The warm and pretty surroudings soothes her brief and slight annoyance, but she still wishes to know whom she is speaking with, of course."Oh yes, absolutely. While there certainly is not as much going as in Zuzu city, plenty of other stuff makes up for it. Say...what is your name then, pretty lady? I can't exactly go around and call you 'farmer girl' always, right?", she says and giggles gently.

"Oh sorry that was rude of me", Percy was caught off guard. She rarely introduced herself anymore or was not used to introduce herself. At work, she was just one of many, expandable just like with her parents. She had introduced herself sometimes, but it was not that common for her. She quickly reminded herself that this was new life, a new start. 
"Im Percy nice to meet you", she said with a small chuckle. 

Haley smiles wider and gives off a more satisfied expression overall."Much better. Glad to meet you as well, Percy. Ohhh...I like your earrings and cute choker. You seem to have some fashion sense, unlike most here, hahaha", she says and laughs lightly, only making soft banter. She looks over the new farmer girl and takes time to take in and admire her clothing and accessories."I guess being a farmer does not mean you have to wear like a potatoe sack. If you will allow my curiousity: What brought you to Stardew Valley? It's not exactly a metropolis", she says, giving another, but lighter snickering.

She smiled a bit after hearing the compliments about her clothes, she was not much for fashion but when something caught her eye she usually bought it. "Oh I guess your right", she said with a soft smile. "I bought these a while ago just because I thought they looked neat", she explained as she heard her ask more questions. It was fun having someone take an interest in her life, it was even a bit unusual to have that. "Oh, mostly because I inherited the farm from my grandfather...We were kinda close and I spent some time in the valley actually when I was a lot younger". She explained as she thought back on all those summers, although she was a shy girl so she rarely went out exploring the valley or the villagers themselves. 

Haley looks fairly satisfied with such a response as she doesn't really point anything out that she may disagree with. Really, if you are not getting a slightly scoffing or teasing comment, you are doing pretty well, regarding her. Thankfully, her focus is mostly on the second topic going on, which revolves around why Percy had moved here."Oh, I see. I am guessing that old place was kind in need of a helping hand as it has been rather abandoned for that many years. Must have taken a lot of work to make it presentable. If you ever need an expert in interior, just let me know and I can help you out with making it nice", she says, ligthtly smirking,

Percy smiled welcoming to the designer thing, even if she made it presentable enough. "Thanks, I will keep that in mind", she said as she smiled a bit wider. She had spent some days before she moved completely cleaning up a bit, and made sure that it was good enough for her to care for. It was rough work but worth it in the end, since now she could make at least make it to the front door. 

OOC: If possible, would you try to add some more details and such? It would help me a lot on making decent posts where there is stuff for you and I to work with. There really isn't much material in the last one you made, at least from my perspective. The more "material" you put up that I can do something with, the better. Hence why I tried to add various conversational topics for them to discuss so far.

Haley had walked past the old farm house a few times during the time where Percy had been there to clean up and make it look slightly more liveable. Of course, there is still a lot of work to do and it seems rather  much to do it all on your own. She is definitely one for menial and back breaking labour. However, there are ways she thinks she could help out the newcomer instead."If you want, you are free to come around my home after you are done with your work. It would be nice to have someone over for dinner and company, other than my sister. I am sure I can help you with some nice make-up tips and such too", she says, extending her invitation towards Percy.

• 2 weeks later...

Percy looked at Haley as she invited her for dinner, homemade dinner did not sound all bad. Since she moved to this town it had been mostly noodles, even if it was enough for her to eat she did long for food. She looked at her with a warm smile, "I would love that!...I mean if your offering". She said in a slighter-toned-down voice, she was waay too excited for just some regular meals. But this girl clearly interested her, in some way Haley was the first one in this town to give her a warm meal and offering some friends as well. She smiled softly at the thought of the meal, and also at the makeup tips. Even if that was not always her cup of tea, she could make arrangements in herself to make some space for it. 

(OOC: Im sorry Miss I did not mean to slack off Im guessing I was tired that day I will try to keep my responses as lively as possible Uh Oh Oops GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Haley assumes that Percy also has some interest in making herself look nice and pretty for the odd occasion at least. It certainly would look great on the farmer - perhaps she can even help her expand her wardrobe and make it even more lovely! She definitely could use someone to shop for fashion with. She has no idea how much hard work a farm is, of course, so for now she just imagine some light poking and scraping into the ground, light watering seeds being planted rather willy-nilly. She even lightly giggles to herself about this mental image, finding it a bit cute actually. She smiles widely as the offer is accepted - then again, who could say no to her?

"Awesome! I will look forward to it. Oh right...let me give you my number in case you need it. We eat around 18:00 by the way", she says and quickly writes it down for Percy to have on a small piece of number.

Percy was generally happy to have found someone right away that did enjoy her company, she had always felt like an oddball around social events and social stuff altogether. But she was sure there were still some persons in this village that would not welcome her with open arms, but if one person could at least enjoy the company that was enough for her. She looked at Haley as the female had stretched out her hand, in the hand was a piece of paper with a number on it. She instantly understood she had wandered off in her thoughts and missed the whole conversation. She was the one to get lost from time to time, but this was a bit extreme. She at least heard the last of it, which was the time for the dinner. She smiled appreciatively and nodded, 
"I will be there". 
She replied as she tried to act as carefree as possible, even if she only had heard the last bit of the blonde one's conversation. Percy grabbed the paper with the number as well, it was not that hard to figure out that it was her number. 

Haley is not aware of how Percy is not entirely present at the last moment or so. Thankfully the last comment seems to be heard and replied to."Oh, wonderful! I will be looking forward to it. I should get back to my book as well. It was very nice meeeting you Percy", she says warmly and waits for Percy to finish their interaction and hopefully get to read on with her novel. A bit of breeze blows her hair a bit out of order and with a quick finger she slips it back into place. The lovely sunlight making the beach and the blonde both look really stunning and pretty.

Percy stopped for a brief second to admire the blond, before making the closing acts to their conversation. "Yes It was lovely to meet you", she says as she then begins to walk away. Her eyes kept watching the blonde, as she was going back into town once more. Once the blonde was out of sight, she focused her gaze ahead instead of back. The blonde sure made a warm welcome, she hoped she would see more of it. Her steps were lighter now, maybe she was happy. It was a very unfamiliar feeling, but as she came closer to the town she knew she was happy. She could feel her cheeks were warmer than before, and her legs got more energy. 

Haley is soon back to her book, enjoying her time with it and being able to sit alone with it. In her mind she is very curious about the new farmer and how their evening will be like. It's certainly very refreshing to maybe have someone she can share her interest of fashion and such with. Though the idea of farming life being rough, dirty and sweaty, somehow the image of Percy being all smudged with dirt, a bit sweaty and such does not really turn her off. It just means one could take a shower together....and her face grows red as she catches herself with a weird and intimate thought like that appearing in her mind so...randomly.

By now, the children of the town are out and about doing some playing and having a nice time while other residents are out as well to enjoy the nice and sunny weather. As Percy is seen in the city center, mayor Lewis approaches her, smiling."Good day miss Percy. I hope you are getting settled into the valley well so far? Are you making any connections yet? I would hate to see you be all lonely in that farmhouse of  yours".

Percy met the mayor with a smile, "Im getting settled in just fine Mayor thank you for your worries". She said appreciating the kind mayor's words, and his worries as well. But she would be fine either way, but she could not tell him that. She just smiled kindly, trying not to stumble on her words. "I got invited for dinner later just as a welcoming", she said to make it clear it was not a date. But the thought of a date with Haley certainly ran through her mind a bit, she quickly shook the thought off. It was not a proper way to think of someone or at least the thoughts that came after their imaginary date. "It was very nice of you to ask me", she said as she forced a smaller smile. "I need to go and prepare some stuff but thanks again goodbye", she said as she walked away from the mayor.

Percy did not mean to be that short, but the thoughts about Haley were making it a bit hard to concentrate. She walked home as she made sure that her plants got all the things they needed, and for herself, she got into the shower to at least look a bit cleaner than before. Her standing in the shower leads to more improper thoughts, she was not normally like this. Fantasizing about a girl she just met, but it had been a while since she had anyone close to her or at least taking a small interest in her. 

Mayor Lewis is always really nice and welcoming, especially towards new residents and Percy is no exception to this, of course. He listens on, patient as ever, and nods along to indicate him being interested."Ohhh, already? Wow, congratulations! I am happy to see you are making connections. Where are you headed for?", he asks her before their conversation is soon drawing to a close."Have a lovely day miss Percy", he tells her before they part ways and he even waves friendly at her.

Meanwhile in another part of town:
Haley finally arrives home to the house that she shares with her sister Emily, a blue haired woman who is rather unique and often thought of as weird. While she can be rather spacey she still senses something new and odd about her sister as Haley returns."Ohh hey siiiiis! Welcome hoooome! Ohhh my my...you look...different...like a whooole new kind of glow and aura", Emily comments, unable to know just what is different, but she is really, really good at analyzing her sister.
"Oh heya! I am back! W..whatt? Diffe...different? No...nothing like that! No no...completely normal!", she spouts acting mildly defensively, further fueling the idea Emily has, but before she can question further, Haley has gone to the shower to freshen up. Suddenly from the bathroom she says:"Ohhh by the way! We are having company for dinnner".

• 2 weeks later...

Percy freshen up and made sure she took some time to care about appearances, even if she did not like to spice herself up that often. But the first connection in this town might be a good thing, and she had really nothing else going for her at this moment. Watering the plants she just bought, and maybe tending to the overgrown garden was going to take some hard work. But connections were not her strong side, and that she even made one surprise herself a bit. So messing it up on the first try would be something she did not want to, she made sure to take clothes that might speak to Haley a bit more. It was an odd thing to do maybe, but she did want to show that she actually had some sense of fashion and was not lying about it. It was designer jeans, with a cute little top to match it with. She had not worn those in forever, but it was the closest thing she had to fashion. 

After a couple of hours of making sure she could do this, she decided to go towards Haley's house. It did not take that long, but she made sure she had plenty of time so she could stroll around the small plaza a while to calm her nerves. Even if this was not a date, did her body not pick up on that and decided to go full mental. Her legs were slightly shaky, but she managed to get that under control with just a couple of lapses around the plaza. She walked up to the door, took a breath, and knocked on it. She waited with both patience and regret, even if she did want to see Haley again. 

It doesn't take too long before the front door opens up and a fully new person, for Percy, is the one to do so. It is a young woman with blue hair and a simple, but pretty red dress smiling softly, albeit with a bit of a playful stare."Ohh hello there. You must be the guest my sister told me about...please do come inside. My name is Emily and I believe Haley told me your was name...uhhmmm...Marcy...Perry...Ooooh...riiight.. Percy...am I right?", the slightly scatterbrained and spacey woman speaks out, not trying to sound rude. She makes way for the young female farmer to enter."My sister has really made sure to be nice and pretty....so you better compliment her...", she says and winks.

• 3 weeks later...

Percy looked at the scatterbrained blue-haired beauty with a soft smile, "Yes Percy is my name". She answered as she looked at her for a bit, she seemed nice but a bit out of it, maybe it was just her personality. She stood there looking at her, "Thank you for having me". She took a closer look when she was invited into their home, it was beautifully decored but it really felt like two people living there. Some things were very flowy in some way, while some other things truly were there to catch someone's eyes. She looked around as she caught the comment about Haley, she was surprised that someone would overdress herself for her. But Percy did not complain, that beautiful blonde she met would probably look even more gorgeous now. "I see I will make sure I do that", she smiled softly. 

Emily nods and smiles softly as the farmer woman steps inside, being nice and polite."Ohhh, don't mention it. It was my sister who wanted you over after all. Make yourself at home in the living room", she says and shows Percy a nice spot for sitting down for the time being."Let me know if you want something to drink or anything", the blue haired sister says, following up on her last statement about the new girl being comfortable in their home. In any case, Emily returns to the kitchen where she keeps an eye on the food that Haley had started on, the fragrant smell of which reaches most of the house.

Whether Percy sits down or not in the comfy couch, there are soon footsteps heard from another part of the living room and the door to Haley's room opens up. She is wearing something much more pretty, feminine and nice this time. It is easy for anyone to tell that she put on one of her better outfits and her make-up, while still not overly done, is even better as she has spent quite some time on it - hence why she needed a hand in the kitchen for a bit. The blonde spots Percy, whom she sends a big smile to and walks over to her."Hey Percy. So lovely to see you again. You are looking nice this evening. I hope Emily wasn't too weird around you?", she says with a playful tone at the last part. She takes good time to look at the farm girl all over, making sure to admire her get-up.

• 5 weeks later...

Percy softly sat herself down on the sofa and kept her mind busy with all the decor and all the other things around the room. She had never really been much for dates, nor dinners but the blonde had her interested in something she usually never went for. She could smell the soft fragrant which came from somewhere, Percy was not sure from where it came but it smelled just like spring. 

She hears the door before she spots the blonde girl again, Haley's clothes draped her body perfectly. The smile and the makeup were a dead giveaway that the blonde had been spending a lot of time getting ready, she gave her a smile back. 
"It's lovely to see you again as well", She tried to politely not eye her down too much but it was hard. Her whole outfit made more sense than Percy's whole life, which was kinda sad in one way. 
"You look stunning", she said with a smile looking at her as she tried to keep the focus on the smaller details the blonde had done. Like the hair fell perfectly it had probably taken an hour or two, as well as the clothes which suited her very well.
"I've seen weirder", she said with a soft smile as Haley mentioned her sister. 

Haley can feel the eyes of Percy glide over her body and face and even more than once. Whilst she is pretty used to being "checked out" and such, this still feels a bit different. It always feels nice to her and delights her if others admire her beauty and fashion sense, but this is nice in a new and different sort of way, that she cannot yet understand or is even fully aware of at this point. The blonde sends a warm smile towards the farmer girl, also unaware that she hardly ever smiles like this."Ohhhh, why thank you! Of course Emily is not really one to ask that, haha!", she says, joking lightly and even if Emily had heard, she would not mind and likely just chuckle at it and agree. Likewise, Haley looks over the outfit and overall look of Percy and nod."You too. I had a feeling you could pull something decent off. I think dinner is just about ready too....shall we take a seat?", she asks.

❤️: 0/10

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Read our Privacy Policy for more information.

Please Sign In or Sign Up