The hideout of the Sunveil criminals

f56ce4809e54cbe1ead7f2481156cb29.jpg
In one of the major slums of town, there is a large abandoned apartment building. Street thugs and the like frequent this area of town, but this place is mostly empty, especially in the basement area.
The basement is like a smaller maze of corridors and hallways, one of which lead to a fairly sized room which is now the place of operations for Jessica @JennyDK and Keiron @Neptune. At least so far these are the members of a duo who aims to make mischief, crime and terror in the city of Sunveil.
The room is barely lit up by either streetlights (with a fair share of this in disrepair or not at all working) or weak beams of sunlight.

• Love 2

• Community Administrator
On 10/04/2021 at 17:52, JennyDK said:

Jessica takes a small round in the room, checking everything out, hoping there isn't anything that easily might give them away, but she soon feels fully confident in its usefulness."Excellent! Now that we have a place to meet up, we can whatever we want or hang out whereever we wish between meetings and operations. I do think we need a city map, a large desk for planning and such. You know, to help us be a bit more efficient and organized. At least as much as we need". Meanwhile, she conjures an illusion for Keiron, so he is able to see how the room could be transformed into a minor station of operations and shenanigans.

Keiron padded silently up to her, pausing as he turned his eyes towards the illusion that she had summoned to show him what her thoughts were. He glanced around before he settled back on his haunches, "That sounds advisable. You seem a lot more knowledgeable in planning these kinds of things. Myself? I just like to go around causing trouble." He then glanced back towards her once again, "Do you have any... acquaintance that you know that are as eager to cause trouble as we are?" He asked.

She gives him a wicked and devilish grin as she indeed does intend to try and bring some organization into this whole thing."Random acts of fun is indeed great and I do partake in them myself, but I doubt you or I want to be caught by someone who wishes to stop that. That is why I am thinking it is better to think more ahead and try to stay out of potential dangers. As for that other thing....if I knew anyone, I would be teaming up with them already. For now, there is just you and me Keiron", she says and looks over a small side room."This could be used for stuff we take. We just need a nice metal door and such".

Keiron grunted, although it sounded more like a growl than a grunt, as he considered her words in response to his question about knowing others. He supposed that the two of them were going to have to find others who shared their sense of fun, and wanted to get back at the human scum that were slowly pacifying the monsters and making them no better than tame dogs. His tail thumped on the floor once before lying still as he stared at her with a red-gaze, "It sounds like a good plan. We can steal what we need if you know the places to go." His wolfish grin was back in full force. After all, the only human money he had on him was the money he had stolen from the guy that Jessica had been fucking with, and he had no intention on using it to buy things from humans.

"I should know a few places, after traversing the streets fairly often. Mostly at night, of course as I am less likely to get into any trouble with the authority. The humans might be puny and weak, but there are many of them after all. By the way....I have noticed how much they cling to this concept of money...how about we find a lot of it...and burn it?", she suggests, her mind already working towards more mischief and chaos to be dealt out towards the town and citizens. She lightly cackles to herself after expressing her next idea for a thing to pull with Keiron.

• Haha 1

Keiron flicked his tail dismissively when she mentioned about stealing mostly at night. To him, that was obvious. It was darker and they would be able to more effectively hide. The dark was his element, and he doubted that any human would be able to catch him. The eyes of humans were completely useless in the dark and would not be able to see them unless they were right in their face. At her idea of burning the money, he perked up and gave her a wide, sinister grin, "That sounds like a fantastic plan. I am quite fond of fire and burning something these humans are fond of would be... entertaining..."

• Like 1

Jessica moves about the room ever so slowly, thinking about further ideas and scenarios for the two to embark on in the near future. For now, they seem to be at a point where they better return once they are ready for more mischief. The scarecrow wishes to scout around for opportune places for them to get into."How about we split up for the time being and meet again here later? I shall find a place where we can find plenty of this....cash...paper thing. Much easier to go at it once we have some specifics, right?", she suggests.

• Like 1

Keiron shifted slightly, laying down on the floor as he watched with glowing eyes as Jessica moved about the room with a thoughtful look. His head tilted slightly, his ears perking up slightly as she made her suggestion, "Seems reasonable." He agreed, as they needed to know which places that they needed to raid as well as how to, "I'll try and find places as well... while also getting more familiar with the city itself. It's about time I began to learn more about how to move around the inner city, rather than just the edges." 

"Yes, that seems like a logical way to go about it. Perhaps I should traverse your usual territory and you go with mine for a week or so? Then we can meet up again here and discuss our discoveries and other interesting information. Oh right...we should try to find a way to reach other if needed. I suppose those weird devices humans use could help? If not that, then what might you suggest?", she asks, not keen on leaving a fellow monster behind if she can help it.

• Like 1

If Keiron could shrug, he would. However the best he could do was shake his canine-like head from side to side for a moment before he said, "I would prefer to avoid using human things." He spat the word human as if he was talking about a particularily unpleasant insect, "If we can get our paws on some communication stones, that might work better to keep in touch." He suggested as an alternative to having to resort to those stupid human made inventions. His only real interest in them was enjoying watching them break, because of how humans seemed so fixated on them.

• Like 1

She nods, understandingly and agreeingly."Yeah, bad suggestion, I know. That does lead me to an interesting idea...to find a place which holds magical items that serves the same purpose. Of course, we are not going to pay for them or anything. I would be glad to do it, if you prefer. I think it would be good practice as well", Jessica suggests to the Hellhound, her face growing a huge and wicked smile. She doesn't know many places right off the bat, but the academy is surely a possible location for such arcane items.

• Like 1

"It would be, although I imagine communication stones would be relatively guarded. Still. I would think they would be easy to get. It seems to me that being around humans has made monsters far too... complacent. Where will such stones be lying around? The school? Or are you going to have to return to the monster realm to get our hands on them?" He asked, not pleased with either idea. While he hung around the edges of the city, he was aware of the schools existance a place where monsters could get very cozy with the weak and pathetic humans. 

• Like 1

"Sure, I could go back home and find some much easier, but where is the fun and challenge in that? Seems more interesting to steal it from those idiots over there", she comments back to Keiron, feeling quite certain that she should be able to fool those over at the school. She looks thoughtful for a moment before going on."I can check it out on a safe distance and shall be careful".

• Like 1

Keiron nodded his head, "Alright. I'll leave that in your hands. You seem to know what you're doing. I've never been near the school. I won't be any help at all." He said, as he knew he would be going on there completely blind. He stood up on all fours and stated, "You go and do that, and I'll explore the city and become familiar with it so hopefully I can find my way around in the future. Agreed?"

• Like 1

"It sounds like a good start, I think. I look forward to us working well together Keiron. Let us make these humans and human lovers regret ever thinking about this sickening co existence they deem so precious and good! I wish you all the best of luck. I will be spending fair deal of time here, so if you have any messages, you can just leave them here for me. Farewell dear Keiron", she says and sinks her body fully into the shadows, vanishing from plain sight.

• Love 1

Keiron liked the cut of her jib, and he had to resist the urge to wag his tail to show just how pleased he was to hear her talk about making the human and human lovers regret co-existing. He nodded his head back at her in a respectful manner and said, "And good luck to you." He watched as her body sank into the shadows, causing her to disappear from view. He glanced once more around the room before he left the room on silent footsteps, to explore the city.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

After a lot of walking, both Jessica and the imp @Thatannoyinggod both arrive at the hideout in the abandoned old building's basement. Since they have had it for a while, most of the debris, dust and such has been cleared out and it has gotten a few basics, such as large table in the center, chairs, a bulletin board with a map of the town."It is still in development, but it's less of a dump now and can actually function as a base of operations. I have made sure to get traps set up in various spots in case we get unwanted visitors. So feel free to make yourself a home", she tells him.

• Woohoo 1