Maid Lover's Pokémons and more

So... um, for people who don't know me...

Hi and welcome to the world of Pokèmon, my name is Professor O...

Wait, that isn't right.

Hi! My name here is Maid Lover, since I happen to have a very exploitable weakness when it comes to ladies wearing certain kinds of uniforms, but I happen to have many names, or rather nicknames. A way I've been adressed as ever since I was little is "the Pokèmon pro", something that I have always found a little bit excessive, because I don't really feel like it's deserved, as I haven't been recognized as one of the top player by the community as a whole, I don't own any kind of world record, and I have never won an IRL tournament. However, the ungodly amount of hours I spent playing the games over the past 16 years granted me a well-rounded competence in most of its fields, accompanied by a very solid knowledge, which I try to improve by reading articles and doing reserch by myself.

I will say this here and now, Pokèmon is a surprisingly complex game with a tremendously high amount of mechanics to learn, secrets, bugs, glitches, exploits, general tips, strategies and stuff you have to memorize, making it, in my opinion, one of the games with the highest skill caps, since there are at least 4 competitive ways to play it, every single one of them being completely different from the other. I'm talking about:

-Competitive battles (pvp)

-Speedruns

-Nuzlockes

- card game (Stop hating it!)

As much as I try to continuosly improve, I tend to consider myself a Noob most of the times, because considering the amount of time I spent playing the main series video games and spinoffs, as well as playing PVP on Pokèmon showdown, I should be much better than I am right now. However, even after having spent so much time on it, and even though sometimes the game makes me rage, cry and sometimes scream out of frustration, I keep playing it, unable to abandon it completely.

Pokèmon has made my life what it is, for better or for worse, I tried hating it, abandon it forever, but there has never, ever been a year in my life when I didn't play it, I have now acknowledged it as my #1 passion, even if some people see it as a waste of time and give me hate or pity for it, which still Really saddens me to this day, because I am really sensitive about it.

One thing that I have to specify right off the bat is that I only play retro pokèmon games, mostly gen 3 and gen 2, perhaps I will get in depth of gen 4 and learn all of its most obscure secrets later on, but I will never play gen 6 onwards. The reason is quite simple: I play on phone or on PC, because I have no console I can play the games on, since my parents yeeted all of my games, except my pokèmon white 2, where I saved all of my important mons, and it miraculously survived the "WW3". Also, I really love the fact that I can bring my Pokèmons everywhere and freely manage my save files on pc, copying them and making backups, since losing them would be a catastrophe, all the while allowing me to trade easily, replay events... Emulators are great! I feel like that's the best way to play the old games, since there was no wireless back then, but everyone seems to want to murder me whenever I say that, so let's ignore my personal opinion.

The thing is... I play so much and yet have nobody to show the cool and sometimes crazy things I achieve, which saddens me a little bit, so I decided to create this forum, to share with the world what I do, how I play the game and let's be honest, to brag a little, after all, I do love being praised. I encourage everyone to share their thoughts, ideas and experiences, PLEASE, post here, I don't want to monopolize this discussion completely, and I would love to have a dialogue with every single one of you, as long as you are being respectful, and you aren't saying dumb shit. However, please notice that I would like to keep this as a safe place to post my personal in game things, but comments, replies and discussion are very welcome!
(Please notice that I won't be annoyed if you decide to post a picture of your pokémon or your save file, or anything else, as long as it's in the right context or in a discussion between you/us)

Also, this is my first time making something like this, so please, let me know whether you find this kind of format appealing or terrible, costructive criticism is always welcome, especially when it come to graphic style!

One thing that I would like to point out is that I will NEVER post in game playthroughs, unless very special cases, like very particular challenges or guides. This is mainly for two reasons: It's too much work, but most importantly, @Aura has had this idea a while back, and it would feel so wrong to copypaste him, especially since he has been magnificent in creating his posts, and I truly encourage every single one of you to go read his discussion regarding his pokèmon journey through the various games, you can find it under the name "all the pokemens".

This is all for now! Thank you everyone who read this, I would appreciate so much if you could react to it to know that someone is interested in my content! I wish all of you a very nice day and week.

Yes, I have, but I've never played it, since I like to stick to the original games with the exception of a few hack roms.

One of them is Pokèmon Crystal Clear, a revamp of the original crystal that makes all 251 pokèmons catchable, turning the game into an "open world" with an uncountable amount of features that make it so much replayable, like gym leaders rematch, chaining, and much, much more.

Perhaps later on I may create a guide or introduction to it, since I really like it, I prefer playing that rather than the original crystal.

The thing is, since I play so many hours playing the original games, grinding, shiny hunting and doing more stuff that I barely have time to play other games!

Hi everyone! This will be my first real post on this topic, so to begin I wanted to present the pokèmon who happens to be the my collection's favourite.

I will make a small analysis of the Pokémon, going through its stats, abilites, moves and then I will tell its story.
If you aren't interested in the competitive part, just read the part of the post written in
blue.

Cattura.png

This is my shiny heracross, named Pinkcross, I caught him on my fire red, after a pretty decent shiny hunt in pattern bush, where he spawns with a 20% encounter rate, but thanks to Repel trick, it can be easily turned into a 100% encounter rate. The hunt took 16 IRL hours, and lasted for around a month, with a total of 4112 encounters, meaning I got pretty lucky, since shinies have a 1 in 8196 chance to appear prior gen 6.

Heracross is one of my all time favourite pokèmons, not just because of its unique design, but because its surprising versatility and sheer power, making it an incredibly strong pokèmons when playing against NPCs. in PVP however, Heracross is easily predicted and has a lot of switch-ins, however its biggest problem is its speed, which allows its counters to kill it before it can touch them, so it doesn't get much love.

Heracross movepool, even though is not that various is really effective, since it learns moves that give him lots of coverage, while packing some incredibly strong punches like megahorn, the strongest bug type move even to this day. It is without a doubt, that this was the first ever competitively viable bug type (SUCK IT SCIZOR!).

Cattura.png Pinkcross-2.png

These are PinkCross's stats, and they are actually pretty good! especially thanks to an almost perfect amount of IVs in Attack, and a very solid speed, its nature is also very beneficial because it lowers special attack, a stat which I have no need for at all, boosting my defense, which is always nice, although an attack or speed increase would have been preferred, obviously.

The Swarm ability is far from ideal, since guts is such an OP ability, doubling my attack in case of poison, burn, sleep and paralysis, but swarm is not that bad, powering up megahorn to a devastating 180 base power + Same Type Attack Bonus, making it effectively a 270 power move, as long as cross has 1/3 or less of his health.

Pinkcross-3.png

This is the moveset I am currently using on Pinkcross, it's very straightfoward and has a very good coverage, which is far from perfect. I am considering running rock tomb instead of rock slide, since it drops speed, however, since I use a choice band to raise its attack even further, that would be counter-intuitive in my opinion.

Something that should be noted, is that since this Heracross has swarm as an ability, another really good, and perhaps even better moveset to use would be Endure+Reversal+Megahorn+Brickbreak/Earthquake, but since I am using this beautiful pink beetle really, really frequently, it would be counter-intuitive, because it would always have to be at low HP to use the moveset at its maximum potential.

So now kids, sit comfortable because I will be telling you the story of how I met your mother Pinkcross

A few years ago, I was playing on a hackrom, and I got a random shiny Heracross, however, this was not a very deserved shiny, since it had a much, much lower rate, around 1/100, and therefore, it felt so wrong to have it. Shiny pokèmons are well known as one of the most treasured things for collectors, due to how rare they are, but when the game makes it trivially easy to get something prized, can you really consider it rare? That moment I decided that I would be getting my own shiny heracross, possibly in a game where shinies were much more hard to get, making them much more valuable.

Last summer, the boredom esponentially increased the time I spent going out during the day, and playing video games during the morning and night, and I began my hunt to get my favourite pokèmon, this time in much more manlier and fashonable colors. About that, a small note: most people dislike pink shines, and I partially agree, however, when you put a bright pink on the pokèmon who has Heracles (Hercules) in its name, how can you even dislike it for just a moment?

Also, as I said before, Heracross is one of my favourite mons, this is thanks to the anime, the pokèmon adventures manga, its unique design, and especially the games, where one scarab can easily obliterate teams as long as you know what you are doing, making it by far the funniest pokèmon to use in a playthrough, at least IMO. Also, I love the look in its eyes, it looks so silly until it starts to slap your face.

After having suffered during the shiny hunt, a name that transmits patience and pain in the minds of every pokèmon player, an afternoon I found this pretty thing, and shouted so loudly that I accidentally woke up my neighbour, but that's beside the point. Ever since then I've always used Pinkcross in my playthroughs, cloning it thanks to the cloning glitch in pokèmon emerald, where I also infected it with pokèrus, then trading it to the other save files I own. This one I'm showing is the original, but there's a tremendously high amount of copies, which I all release after finishing my run, since I want to preserve its uniqueness, but using a lvl 89 pokèmon every time you start a new game would be pretty boring.

This is certainly one of my strongest shiny pokèmon, which is very impressive, since shinies are ususally prett bad in generation 3 games, since there is no way to get competively viable shinies without using cheats, RNG manipulation, or a save editor which in my mind is comparable to cheating, perhaps even worse, since you are using third part programs.

This is all for now! Thank you everyone who read this, I would appreciate so much if you could react to it to know that someone is interested in my content! I wish all of you a very nice day and week.

Archived