Guilty pleasures?

I think recall DmC actually being very smooth, gameplay-wise. It's just the story and the characters that were kinda ehh to me.

Anyways, as for my own guilty pleasure, I would have to say No Man's Sky. I have to admit that I only began playing it sometime last year, a long time after its horrible launch, but it's come a long way and is still getting free updates.

3 minutes ago, Moon Hound Hati said:

I think recall DmC actually being very smooth, gameplay-wise. It's just the story and the characters that were kinda ehh to me.

Anyways, as for my own guilty pleasure, I would have to say No Man's Sky. I have to admit that I only began playing it sometime last year, a long time after its horrible launch, but it's come a long way and is still getting free updates.

I played DmC on PS3 so the controls were a bit clunky with some of the weapons but I got used to it after a while. ^^

I heard that the words "Law Suit" when No Man's Sky when first came out. But my SO said that they did a massive update that included everything they promised and more. 

10 minutes ago, Starcry said:

I played DmC on PS3 so the controls were a bit clunky with some of the weapons but I got used to it after a while. ^^

I heard that the words "Law Suit" when No Man's Sky when first came out. But my SO said that they did a massive update that included everything they promised and more. 

Well, "everything" is up for debate, but it's certainly come a long way. I really should install it again and check out some of these new updates, especially the one that increases biome diversity on planets.

DmC? It wasn't bad game IMO but slapping Devil May Cry with whole Sparda ordeal on the game that has nothing to do with the franchise main story at the end of the day is probably what pissed everyone off. Even the game dev (Ninja Theory) aware about the game imminent disaster. And boy, they were right. But i admire the idea about the new battle system so i guess people stick to that because that very reason.

No Man Sky? I won't say the game is bad...if the dev didn't lie on the day one. My friend said the game is like VRchat...don't know if that's true since i don't play it myself. But yes, i can confirm they rebuild their status step by step instead abandoning the project like most of AAA game company we KNOW of so there's reason to hang around to see what dev had in mind.

My guilty pleasure? SimCity Societies. The game choose to stray from its old complexity in favor of simplicity gameplay. As you can guess whenever it happen to any game, people don't like it, reviewer don't like it. But here i am coming back and forth playing that while playing Simcity 3K on the side. The game wasn't too bad for people who want to play city building without much complex stuff like financing; sadly SimCity are known for its complexity fun.

DmC -- Ah, I think what really hurt this game was the fact that the developers wanted to insult fans of the original franchise.  The whole sign with the Original Dante Wig was just a kick-in-the-nuts to fans and a really dumb move on their part.  I mean, seriously, why would you want to piss off the people you want to buy your game?  Heh, well, besides that, the only real reason I didn't like it was because I didn't like what they changed Dante's character into.  He went from a spunky, wise-ass demon hunter to an edgy, foul-mouthed teenager.  Ewww.

No Man's Sky -- Brother played it, likes it, but not my thing.  From what I understand, the thing that turned people off of it was that the concept didn't pan out too well.  Like being able to explore an entire universe and make your mark on it was really cool, but in practice, the universe was too big and you rarely came across other people's worlds.

Sims -- Never been a Sims guy, so don't really have too much to say on that.

For my guilty pleasure, I would have to go with something that's more traditionally a guilty pleasure.  Something that people kind of judge you for playing, but fuck them.  So my pick would have to be some DOAX or Senran Kagura.  I do genuinely enjoy playing the Volleyball parts and wish that DOAX had a bit more focus on the Volleyball stuff as well.  Plus seeing my favorite DOA girls in swimsuits is a really nice bonus.  Senran Kagura has a really nice blend of combat and clothing destruction, which are some of my favorite things.  Only downside is that I get bored of outfits really quick and end up spending hours changing the character's looks.  Heh.

• 1 year later...

Star Wars Battlefront II - Honestly, I just think it's a fun game. Is the monetization crap? Yeah. Is it also beautiful and a functional shooter? Yeah!

Cyberpunk 2077 - It's a bad game. I will openly admit that it's not the game I thought it was going to be and that the world feels fake at times. Still though, it's freaking beautiful and when it works? Man it really works. It's just sad that it's not as great as it could have been, but I still had my fun with the game and don't regret spending 60 bucks on it.

I personally didn't mind the Battlefront II remake, but man, EA's been really crap at managing the loot stuff!

My guilty pleasure is... Pokémon Brilliant Pearl. It's bad, it changes almost NOTHING from the original DPPt, and there are no Gen V 'mons. However, I still play it for some reason...

I guess I could say Shin Megami Tensei: Persona, or as I prefer to call it, Persona 1.  The game is incredibly dated, even compared to Innocent Sin and Eternal Punishment, the encounter rate is insanely bad, Lone Prayer will probably be stuck in your head after about an hour of gameplay, experience being based on participation in battle was a terrible design decision, and the Snow Queen Quest has probably an even worse maze than any of the teleporter mazes I had to trudge through in my playthrough of Strange Journey Redux.

...and yet I can't find it in myself to hate it or pretend it doesn't exist like a lot of the Persona fandom.  Maybe Lone Prayer has infected my mind or something.

Played DOAXVV (Titty volleyball) fairly regularly for about 2 years. First for the titties, then for the gacha, then just for something to do to kill time. Haven't played it in awhile, though. Found other ways to occupy my time.

Other than that... Genshin, I guess? Lack of resin is the bane of my existence. So many chars to level up... and it takes SO MANY damn resources to get one char up to snuff...

Archived