Adventures of the odd pair - (JennyDK & Deeperanddeeperstill)

Nodding quite heartily, Florence would grab a hold of his food as well, taking a big bite of his meal in a single chunk, amazed that Beatrix was chugging down the amount she was with such gusto and finesse. "Well, if you say so, then I'm more than convinced, Beatrix!" would he bellow with a cheer, looking quite jovial as he would down his tankard yet again, feeling the heat of the drink rushing through his being like the most potent magical flame. This was very good mead indeed. "So what's the biggest and boldest mission we could do to really make our mark on things? It has to be... something unheard of for years and years!"

Beatrix smirks even wider and lifts her head slightly in triumph, very much satisfied with herself and her convincing words. Once again, every time either mug is emptied it would get filled once more, surely showing that it truly lived up to its name and Beatrix' praise of the particular item on the menu. Every bity of food, meat or not, is savory, well cooked and outstanding, showing just why she wanted to go here indeed."Oh for sure! Good idea. We totally need to do one of those. Hmmmm...I think I saw something about an elder dragon needing to be slain somewhere up north that has been harassing the country side for years", she suggests.

"An elder dragon?" Florence would let out a slight breath from the suggestion, tapping his chin lightly as he wiped a few droplets of mead from his face. "I think I've actually heard stories of that... it's said that this dragon has been partaking of bold adventurers for eons, and the trove of gold it sits upon has been accumulated from the wealth of its foolhardy adversaries. Spoken of only in hushed whispers, as if speaking its name would summon it..." He would swig down his mead once more, holding the tankard out to be filled as he nodded. "...it couldn't be more perfect, Beatrix!"

Beatrix stuffs herself eagerly and happily as Florence goes on and on about some stuff about this beast she suggested they could slay. Honestly, she mostly cares about the help it gives to others and the rewards she can reap as well for doing it."I am guessing it did not earn that through a job of some sort...most likely stolen. I propose that any gold it may possess is best given to the town's mayor to hopefully spend on the citizens and such. Even better if some of it falls into the hands of the paladin order", she tries to follow him up with before chugging even more mead, having gone through one and a half mug by now.

"Whatever helps better the city once our deed is done, I'm all for." Florence hummed, nodding as he was gorging himself on this food as well; even for his more gentle disposition compared to most minotaurs, their craving for the fine things in life was not easily matched. Though anyone could see that even then, Beatrix still had him beat for her stature and drive. "Should we attempt this endeavor once we finish our meal? I'd imagine it would be quite the trek to reach the dragon's lair." he inquired as he'd down another mug heartily.

"I am sure that the normal rewards for this job will be more than enough for both you and I. I am also sure that the less fortunate and city in general could make good use of the excess coin", she says befoer finishing another steak of hers, making it look like a mystery where she puts all of this food and drink. She puts down her newly filled mug after a chug from it."Today? I am kind of exhausted from all of that stuff earlier. How about we leave first thing in the morning instead? I also need to take care of some duties, like I mentioned earlier. A paladin's work is hardly ever done, after all, hahaha", she says and burps once more.

With a small nod, Florence would chomp down on the last bit of his food, reclining back in his seat as he let out another satisfied belch. "Well, that is understandable... setting out in the morning sounds like an ideal plan." would he muse as he'd give Beatrix another nod. "If you need any help in getting these duties sorted, I've got nothing but time to contribute. But if it's strictly paladin business, I'll just make myself familiar with the town."

"For one not sanctioned and titled as a holy warrior, it would be pretty impossible to do these things. So it is probably best to see each other again in the morning. I am sure I can ask the order for some supplies for us to last the way up there and back. Until then, I am left with doing things like having to purify various soil and items", she says with energy, even though it does sound like it is rather deprived of any sort of hard hitting action, as she takes pride in all of her work,

Florence would nod his head ever so slightly, letting out a breath as he let the food settle in properly, rubbing his hands lightly together. "Well, hopefully it'll be both fulfilling and enjoyable." he mused with a nod, before glancing around to see if the server happened to be about. "...so, who should front the meal's cost? I'd hate to put that burden on you, Beatrix; I've got some gold I can spare, surely." he'd offer with a tiny nod.

"Of course it will be. You will be travelling with a grand paladin and lady as myself and you get to see me smash a dragon with a huge hammer. That alone ought to be something to look forward to, hahaha!", she says, quite proud sounding and beaming with self confidence. She gets her plate and mug refilled once again, which she digs into right away."You outright stated this would be your treat....do you not remember?", she asks, wondering if it simply slipped his mind. By now she has probably gone through 3-4 big steaks with sides like cream baked potatoes and plenty of mead to wash it all down with.

"Oh, of course. My apologies, I guess the mead's hitting a bit harder than expected." Florence would chuckle sheepishly, rubbing his head with a slight grin crossing his face. In trying to keep up with the boisterous and energetic goblin, he seemed to have momentarily checked out his short-term memory. At the very least it was with good company, if nothing else. "Well, I'm sure it'll be easy enough to front it. Can't be too expensive, right?" would he chuckle, graciously drinking from his tankard as it was refilled, whilst digging up a pouch to pluck some gold from, waiting to see a tab soon come to the table.

OOC: Unless you think there is more to do on the same day, you are free to timeskip until they meet up again.

Beatrix empties the last on her plate and her current mug and lets out a last belch and pats her full belly with delight and satiation, a wicked grin on her face."Don't worry...I wouldn't come here that much if it was overly expensive. It hits a pretty good middle ground where you get your money's worth", she says and to illustrate that point the tavern maid comes over with a fairly mid sized check for their meals. She waits for them to be able to leave as she wipes her mouth free of the remains of her feast.

• 3 weeks later...

The rest of the day proved to be rather uneventful, with Florence fronting the bill as promised, wishing Beatrix well on her lordly duties, and finding some proper lodging to make due for the night. The slumber seemed to move as if by a breeze for the minotaur, resting peacefully without a care but for the adventure yet in store; the possibility of him and his newfound comrade-in-arms vanquishing a dragon. Those lofty dreams carried him all the way from the peak of the moon's light, all the way to the break of dawn.

And so, as the morning dawned, the refreshed mage would step out into the wider world, stretching as he looked refreshed and ready for duty. Finding his way to the guild hall where he and Beatrix had gotten their first assignment, he'd shift his gaze around, waiting to see any sign of the goblin paladin rounding a corner, or promising surrounding onlookers a glorious victory. "...hope she's as ready for today as me... but knowing her, she'll be even more ready for it." he'd breathe out to himself with a twinge of excitement.

Beatrix gives herself a bit of time to let the meal she had, pass properly into her system before she starts on her various minor and bigger duties during the day. The rest of the time passes by uneventfully for her as well. Unlike Florence, she has her own private chamber in the massive grand cathedral she can use for slumber. After a long day full of work, good eating and adventuring she drifts off to sleep even easier than usual.

She rises with the chicken basically, always up early to start off her days with some proper training, both physically as well as with her weapon of choice. Then a quick bath before being all clean, prim and proper back into her uniform-like plated armour and then off to the guild hall finally where she is just entering, her face showing off her usual confident huge smirk.

• 4 weeks later...

Upon her entry, Florence would shift his gaze over to spot her, smiling as he'd wave over to her with a brightened smile. "There you are, miss Beatrix. Good to see you're in high spirits." he called, before briefly returning his attention to the table, where food had been laid out for him. Taking a few bites out of it, he let out a heavenly sigh of delight, before glancing back over at the goblin paladin, giving her a resolute nod. "You needn't worry, I've already filled in the request for this hunt. We should hopefully be getting a response to go out any moment now."

"But of course, Florence...we get to smack some evil beast around, make a load of coin and get high praise and recognition. What is not to love about all of that?", she says in a highly chipper tone, In one of her hands, he can spot some sort of baked goods she is snacking on a bit as she walks and talks. Beatrix is more or less a bottomless pit for food and tasty things."Good to hear! My my...looks like good stuff is on the menu today", she says, most of her attention at the moment seeming to be on the meal whilstscoffing down the last part of her own.

• 4 weeks later...

"Sure does seem that way." Florence hummed with a jovial disposition, smiling as he regarded his goblin companion a nod. "And yes, today seems like it'll be fulfilling for both of us." With another breath as he took a swig of his keg, he would glance over ever so briefly as he could see an official approach their table, regarding both the paladin and the mage a nod as he set out a decree, granting them both official leave to go sort out this dragon issue. "...ah, there it is! Our first big win, looking out on the horizon, Beatrix!" he'd breathe out in good cheer, raising his mug to her with a quick nod.

Beatrix is not slow to get off her butt on the chair and grab her gear and such so they can move out. She can feel her body aching and buzzing for excitement, adventure and to prove herself even more than that last job. This is indeed something grand and is sure to make the guild make notice of the two of them. Of course, the place is still a fair bit away and requires multiple days of travel."Allright...I think I heard about a shorter route, but more potential danger or we can go through established safe roads. What do you prefer?", she asks her companion as they walk out of the guild hall.

• 2 weeks later...

As they marched along, Florence would roll his shoulders as he would sway his hands lightly in the air, letting a few magical sparks dance in the air before them as he'd hum ever so faintly. "Well... going through the safe roads might bereave us of experience that could be handy for fighting the dragon." he noted, positing the benefits of either route as he looked ponderous. "But on the other hand, we might be completely tapped out if the dangers on the shortcut prove more streneous. But then again... we're still likely going to need rest for either route." He'd turn to give Beatrix a light nod. "I say we take the shorter route. Could be exciting, to boot."

Honestly, the paladin took him for a more cautious type of person, but she determines it is likely the presence of a mighty and strong holy warrior that causes him to divert from the more secure option."Indeed, I do agree on that. Awesome adventurers don't get detered by some minor potential troubles. So let us use the shorter path", she replies back and look over the map over the area once more, seeing where they need to branch off from the main road. After a few hours, Beatrix lets him know that they need to head a different way and first it seems to take them through a fairly dense forest area.

Florence seemed to be taken with the forest path they took as well, appearing to smile gently as they traversed along the wooden path. He'd let his hand brush lightly against the foliage they passed by, eyes shifting around to take in the flora that lingered around the place. "...as exciting as going to take this dragon down is..." he mused off-handedly as they walked along, glancing back at the goblin paladin. "...I must confess, it's moments like these that inspired me to attempt adventuring like this. Just taking in the world around me on the way to our goal." He'd tilt his head in a bit of a curious manner. "What about you, Beatrix? I'm guessing the rites of the gods, or the glory of victory?"

Unlike the minotaur, it takes a lot more leaves, branches and some pretty flowers to properly strike the core of the paladin as she cares little for the current scenery as she has seen a forest plenty of times before. Beatrix mostly just keeps an eye out for any trouble that might come out of nowhere and surprise them."My own reasons to embark on adventures are several, but none of them involve the landscape though...a chance to spread the word of my deity...the honour and glory of combat....fame and fortune...doing what is right and just..upholding ideals...those are my reasons. Be sure to keep your eyes out for trouble. These are not exactly entire places of safety, after all", she says in a fairly serious, but still pleasant tone of voice. As the pair ventures further, the sun slowly begins to move downwards on the sky, indidating they are passing time and getting close to havingto set up camp for the night.