Ooc chat for Ark Colonyship

16 minutes ago, DreamsnThings said:

... im now realizing someone else was already doing a mechanic/ maintenance style character before me... i may need to adjust my concept abit... if we only have like 10 rp'rs it would be weird to have multiple people in the same spot...

Anyone have suggestions for what a highly intelligent slime girl can do in space on a crew?

@Gardsorm actually offered a good point there - security/military force. It's possible to easily beat the crap out and injure a human or any other regular alien... But now try that with a robotic slime-creature that is made from nanomachines! 😄 Bullet-holes just heal up, while bullets themselves get stick inside without going through(preventing people hiding behind her being hurt!). No internal anatomy either, so no internal injuries from possible combat. And so on, so forth. Lots of benefits for security/army, ya know!

Unless EMP weaponry is used... That's when I bet the nano-machines would loose connection/cohesion and this would lead to an effect similar to a stun grenade to a human(or alien), disabling such robo-slime from combat-ready state for a period of time that it'll need to recover back to norm. Hmm... But hey, there are always downsides, ya know? 🙂 

• Like 1

Plus with the way Dreams describes Phebe, somewhere between Nanomachine goo-girl and the T-1000 from Terminator 2 (so possibly vulnerable to extreme heat and bone-chilling cold?).

But to be frank I don't like trying to puzzle out weaknesses for other player characters anyway (in games like this anyway), we're not supposed to be one another's enemy, and I sure as heck don't feel like seeing any Batman-esque types here. 😛 I'm perfectly happy embracing the flaws of my boy Rayner and running with them. 

I might have to edit his sheet to mention some of the gear he might walk around with every so often, though, so I don't seem like I'm pulling things out of a hat.

2 hours ago, DreamsnThings said:

... im now realizing someone else was already doing a mechanic/ maintenance style character before me... i may need to adjust my concept abit... if we only have like 10 rp'rs it would be weird to have multiple people in the same spot.

I mean you can be an engineer still.  After all there  can be multiple types of engineering positions. If you definitely dont want to then maybe a scientist of some kind.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Kitsuyumia said:

Oh i havent read them yet hold on i will look real quick.

Alot of it,from my understanding, basically comes down to the scale of things. And the origin for why we are on the ship... @ThatLewdCat mentioned alot of things over in the suggestions tab that i was wondering about as well as a few others. id try to explain more but im leaving for work at the moment, so i have just a moment to talk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Kitsuyumia said:

Hello @Busterbugs and welcome to ark colonyship. Feel free to introduce yourself and to make a character. You can be human, or you can be alien (or even an AI ). For aliens we have a few species already made or you can make your own.

Thank you, happy to join. I have a idea for a character already and will get to making him.

• Like 1

I was gonna suggest medical officer but it looks like yall already got a doctor.

Plenty of mechanics, engineers, security and passengers...

Maybe Medical Technician/Nurse... Someone to take over the clinic when the doc is sleeping or on house calls or otherwise busy. I'd imagine a ark colony ship would need more than 1 medical professional! That's if it's alright with all of you! ^-^

And thanks for the welcome! 

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Read our Privacy Policy for more information.

Please Sign In or Sign Up