Discussions

1 hour ago, Thatannoyinggod said:

I was thinking of playing a brother and sister pair, brother being a medic (if needed) and the sister either pilot, security officer, or engineer 

For a moment there I was wondering if Zeeva was going to be the only female!

So many people to satisfy all on her own!

Not that she wouldn't satisfy another girl either!

• Love 2

3 hours ago, Thatannoyinggod said:

In that case, I can do one being engineer and the other pilot 😁 actually, that pairing makes more sense to me anyway haha

Hey thank you for joining the club and for your adding your character. If their is something that I can improve about the club as it’s my first time making one and if you have a thought on how this first adventure should go or any story elements you want to suggest, I’m open to hear it.

• Love 2

1 minute ago, Busterbugs said:

Hey thank you for joining the club and for your adding your character. If their is something that I can improve about the club as it’s my first time making one and if you have a thought on how this first adventure should go or any story elements you want to suggest, I’m open to hear it.

Thank you very much for the welcome and I will definitely keep that in mind. I hope the McReerys are to your liking ^^

As for first adventure, I'll have to read your prompting, but I would say give a little time for maybe some short scenes to happen between characters (and to give time for characters to be made) so that everyone can kinda get a feel for their characters and everyone else's :3

• Love 2

1 minute ago, Thatannoyinggod said:

Thank you very much for the welcome and I will definitely keep that in mind. I hope the McReerys are to your liking ^^

As for first adventure, I'll have to read your prompting, but I would say give a little time for maybe some short scenes to happen between characters (and to give time for characters to be made) so that everyone can kinda get a feel for their characters and everyone else's :3

That sounds like a good idea. Should we start a few hours  before we reach the first planet so we have the characters move around the ship some and have some meetings between characters or should we have them all come to the meeting room and show some character fleshing out as they talk in their? Or do you have a different idea for how to add character development?

And this a question that all members can have input on. 

Also I added three new crew positions, a second in command and two medical officers. Also do you guys think it’s a good idea to double up all the crew roles, so their is a backup if one of the characters get injured or we need a role for a role play and one of people can’t do it right now so the other person fills the role?

• Love 2

6 minutes ago, Chiyako said:

Doubling up most roles might be a good idea. Sounds realistic too. Also I'm fine with us starting out meeting in the room. Gets us started and people can give their character's flair during the initial getting together point, and after the meeting they can get to things more quickly!

Thanks for the input. I’m going to double up some crew members on the list now.

• Love 2

I think it’s a good idea to introduce most of are characters in the meeting room. And the characters that won’t be going on the first expedition, like the pilots, second in command, the engineers and one of the researchers and medical officers, if they are your characters you can introduce them in their rooms, working in part of the ship or they can stop by the meeting room just to watch. 

• Love 1

9 minutes ago, Thatannoyinggod said:

Out of curiosity, how big of a ship is the Black Star? Are we talking little bigger than an X-Wing, Millennium Falcon, Enterprise, Star Destroyer? Just some idea of perspective on the ship's size and maneuverability

It’s a fairly large ship, probably about half the size of the Enterprise, which was 980 feet long. So about 500 feet long.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Busterbugs said:

It’s a fairly large ship, probably about half the size of the Enterprise, which was 980 feet long. So about 500 feet long.

Gotcha. So big enough that it might take a moment for engines to kick on and get it moving, and can't necessarily turn on a dime, but a gravity sling shot or a crazy Ivan won't rip the ship apart.

9 minutes ago, Thatannoyinggod said:

Gotcha. So big enough that it might take a moment for engines to kick on and get it moving, and can't necessarily turn on a dime, but a gravity sling shot or a crazy Ivan won't rip the ship apart.

Yeah. I wanted the ship to be about to handle trouble they ran into and to have plenty of room, but still be small enough to be run by a smaller crew.

• Love 1