The gate

"Allright then, I have just arrived....so shud take a shower..." sonali said as she stood up straped riflento her shoulder and nodded Greetings to the two men and greeted Marie saying.."see u.." gave a smile to the three and walked away towards mess where her bag was lying.

She picked up the bags and walked towards showers... 

• 1 year later...

Crouched in the undergrowth outside the base, Ruby watches the few people: noting how casually they enter, sizing up the opportunity to steal. To wait for night and sneak unedr cover of darkness: or to brazen it out and just walk straight in as others seem to have done? The man slouched on the step seems careless but in the way of a careless apex predator: sleepy-eyed, smoking casually, but with a hint of tension - violence maybe - ready to erupt on a hair trigger. But he seems... interested ... in the women - and Ruby knows, from experience, how men may be distracted...

Curling up against a tree stump, she waits, relaxed but alert, awaiting her chance...

The girl looks sleepy-eyed, but Ruby watches from her hiding place and notes an inquisitive alertness well disguised by her insouciant manner. A rival, or a potential friend? Ruby asks herself, silently. The jungle hums with insect noise in the gathering dusk: dangers kirk here, Ruby knows only too well - but the base is an unknown. Time to decide, though...

Crawling silently away through the dense undergrowth, Ruby reaches the beaten path: stands, brushing leaves from her short red hair; smooths her shorts and cropped t shirt as best she can; stands straight and with confident and brash demeanour walks straight through the gate into the camp.

"Bonsoir..." she draws...

Yora shook his head as he tapped the ash from the tip of his cigar. Turning it to inspect the quality of the fire, he blew gently at one side to even out the burn before he looked up at the newcomer.

"Some at the mess. Tastes worse than it looks but they say it's nutritious."

He stretches and stands up, "Mon dieu, feels like I've been sitting there for years." The big merc grumbles as he hauls himself to his feet.

The Angolan looks to Dahl and Marie, "Good?" He asks, cocking his head toward the mess hall. "I can go with the FNG. Hungry anyway. You want me to bring you any back?"

Settling the FAMAS on his back he heads toward the mess, nodding yo the new girl to follow. "Usman. You?"

• 1 month later...