The list of shame: Our bad RP experiences.

I got a good one for you all. If anyone here haven't played Conan Exiles, it's an action/survival game, with naked slaves and big monsters. It also happens to have a very good modding scene and a passionate communities as well as a RP scene. I played on a few servers but one in particular came to my mind: the Gor server.

On that server, I played a slave girl, the setting was based on the Gor novels, which are fantasy novels that would make every feminist groups lose their mind if they knew about it. Anyway I play a slave girl and she gets a master and, in my replies, I do what any sensible person would do and use proper english. Meaning when my character called her owner "master", I'd use a small "m" unless it was preceded by a period.

The other player kept whining in OOC about how I wasn't using a capital M everytime I typed "master", at some point even writing (*cringe cringe cringe*). I left the server immediately.

---

On another server, I played a Stygian prostitue of Derketo and I poked a friendly player about hiring my character for a threesome with her in-game (who is also her IRL) boyfriend. So, my character gets to their home, we chat and then go upstairs to do the nasty. The scene was taking long and I could only RP a few hours in the evening so we picked up where we left off. After only two sessions, I see a DM on my discord, one of the players complained that I was leaving out his girl and focusing only on him, that it didn't sit well with him and to never bother them for RP. I was stunned. Nothing ever came up during the scene, I wasn't even aware anyone felt left out. So I tried talking it over but to no avail, the guy said I "begged" for RP (which isn't true at all) and said he didn't care to try and make it work. It was enough to make me leave the server, knowing that kind of asshole was present.

As for other bad RPs, well it was usually people on F-List just vanishing, either mid-RP or just after discussing a scene. That is why I left F-List for good months ago.

On 25/10/2021 at 13:53, DragonneRPG said:

I got a good one for you all. If anyone here haven't played Conan Exiles, it's an action/survival game, with naked slaves and big monsters. It also happens to have a very good modding scene and a passionate communities as well as a RP scene. I played on a few servers but one in particular came to my mind: the Gor server.

On that server, I played a slave girl, the setting was based on the Gor novels, which are fantasy novels that would make every feminist groups lose their mind if they knew about it. Anyway I play a slave girl and she gets a master and, in my replies, I do what any sensible person would do and use proper english. Meaning when my character called her owner "master", I'd use a small "m" unless it was preceded by a period.

The other player kept whining in OOC about how I wasn't using a capital M everytime I typed "master", at some point even writing (*cringe cringe cringe*). I left the server immediately.

---

On another server, I played a Stygian prostitue of Derketo and I poked a friendly player about hiring my character for a threesome with her in-game (who is also her IRL) boyfriend. So, my character gets to their home, we chat and then go upstairs to do the nasty. The scene was taking long and I could only RP a few hours in the evening so we picked up where we left off. After only two sessions, I see a DM on my discord, one of the players complained that I was leaving out his girl and focusing only on him, that it didn't sit well with him and to never bother them for RP. I was stunned. Nothing ever came up during the scene, I wasn't even aware anyone felt left out. So I tried talking it over but to no avail, the guy said I "begged" for RP (which isn't true at all) and said he didn't care to try and make it work. It was enough to make me leave the server, knowing that kind of asshole was present.

As for other bad RPs, well it was usually people on F-List just vanishing, either mid-RP or just after discussing a scene. That is why I left F-List for good months ago.

Wow....just wow. Some people are just socially fucking inept in various ways. I certainly can relate to the people who just suddenly mention an issue and act like I was supposed to know telepathically or something. These people don't deserve my time or energy and are just best left alone. I am sorry to hear that you have had experiences before. However, we may as well accept that in any sort of hobby and interest, you will find people with these attitudes, reactions and behaviour.

Even with all of the shit I have experienced IRL or with roleplaying parters - potential or established - I do try to treat every new person like they are not inheriting the issues of former ones. I do not want former experiences to have the power to take away the fun, creativeness and excitement I get from roleplaying.

• 1 month later...

So once more I dived onto F-list to try and find myself some smutty fun and hopefully gain more creative partners. So I write myself an ad, which I post in various channels, hoping to get some response. Usually there are a few at least who hit me up due to them. However, more often than not, they fail to read what you like and dislike and thus end up doing the sort of shit this failure of homo sapien does.

Man, I really wish the site had members take an IQ test. Hopefully then we would be rid of these fuckwads.

Fail-list_004.jpg

No, my profile. It happens over, over and over again on that site. I am pretty sick and tired of people who seem unable to spend 2-3 minutes reading a bit of text, before suggesting stuff I am not into.

Furthermore....this user has done the SAME thing multiple times before. I have kindly told them that it went against my dislikes and yet they keep making the same mistake each time.

Archived