Suggestions and questions.

So, I will post a warning here that some of these questions are partly assumptions.

The first thing I was wondering is whether Etheria would be classified as a continent or the entire world itself is Etheria?  Like, for example, in the Trails series, Zemuria is a continent, but the games take place in different parts of the Zemurian continent, like Liberl, Crossbell State, the Erebonian Empire, the Calvard Republic, and so on.  Part of the reason I'm asking this is because of the mountain range.  If Etheria is classified as the entire world and not just a massive country/continent, why would a natural border like a mountain range be classified as a border?

Next is a very specific part of the first sentence of the description.  Particularly this part.

is an overall peaceful and tranquil place where species of many sorts of live together in relative peace and order.

Wouldn't "relative peace" imply that things aren't all sunshine and rainbows?  Because if things were totally peaceful, there's be no need for guard patrols outside the capitol, right?  Hostile monsters (specificlly in places not normally inhabited or beyond the mountain range), corruption in the upper class, magical experimentation on humans for the sake of "research."  A place that seems kind and peaceful always has it's darker corners that can't easily be swept away.  Pushed under the rug and hidden away from polite society, yes, but not possible to totally erase.

Part of my reason for my first question was that I was planning on making a sort of "fish out of water" character.  An outsider from Etheria who came from a place where conflict was far more common and isn't totally used to the (relative) peace that Etheria has.

For now, I think that's all I've got for questions.

Trails series? I have no idea what that is. As the name hopefully suggests, Etheria is just the country this takes place in. I don't want to do what I did with Tales of Valnis and stretch into a huge world.

There will always be minor issues, like gangs trying to make trouble, cults who might have evil plans and such things, but nothing huge and major like wars and the like is going on. You can never have total peace and even in peaceful times you still have security.

It sounds like a great concept and I hope to see how it turns out soon! 😄 I will definitely want to play along them if I can.