Craftsmen and market district

Still deciding that he couldn't trust Pruszia or her words at face value, Damien opted not to say anything to her and turned his attention to the blacksmith.  "You say you can do repairs, right?" Damien questioned, reaching for the hilt of his weapon and slowly removing the blade from it's sheath.  The blade in question was a single broadsword of high quality, but it was clear as day that the weapon had seen better days.  The sword was covered in cracks, to the point it was a miracle it was still together.  "The smith who made this one had me source my own materials, but he does good work.  If fixing this is out of your power, I'd request a custom order.  If sourcing my own materials for a new blade will cut down on costs, I'll do it," Damien explained.

• 2 weeks later...

Pruszia would puffy out her cheeks in annoyance and frustration as she glares up at the man in front of her at basically being ignored not that she wasn’t use to people looking down on her but it still infuriated her as crosses her hands under her ample chest once he turns his attention to the blacksmith. She would grumble out the man that pulled out a damaged blade, “Your a really cranky and rude bastard” as she resumes looking through the blades on the counter. She tries to find a decent concealable dagger throughout the weapons and armor presented by the blacksmith. She would glance at the damaged broadsword that was being shown to the blacksmith with a marvel at the thing still being together in one piece.

The blacksmith senses the lightly awkward situation going on here between the two customers. Of course, he has no intention of escalating anything, but would rather still not have such a situation in his shop, so he tries to mediate the best he is able to."Now now there...Ah'm sure that he did not mean anythin' rude or mean...", he briefly chimes in before attending to the business of them both."Ah can do any sorts'a repairs...magical and not. Ah get plenty of materials from all o'er, so I am sure Ah can fix this here thing up for Yah...it will take a couple o' days though", he tells Damien.

He has no idea what the goblin seems to want as she looks like she is browsing. The most he can discern is her looking over the smaller sized blades."Are yah lookin' for anythin' in particular lady goblin? Knives? Daggers? Shortswords? Ah have 'em in all sizes and prices", he lets her know.

• 3 weeks later...

"Is that right?" Damien said, mostly to himself.  'I need that weapon soon, otherwise I'll need to get a backup too.  I'd hoped to get it done today and get right to work.  I'd rather not stay in town longer than I need to,' Damien thought to himself, considering whether or not if he should ask the blacksmith if he could have the weapon done before the end of the day.  In the back of his mind, however, he knew such a thing likely wouldn't be possible.  'A craftsman puts their heart and soul into their work.  Something like that can't just be rushed,' Damien remembered someone he knew say once.  Then again, that same person was also a bit of a perfectionist, making tons of "failed products" before finally making something that matched up to his high standards.  He returned his attention to the blacksmith.  "So how many days exactly will it take you to have it finished?" he questioned.  Depending on the answer, he'd have to get his hands on a backup weapon to use until his own was fixed up.

• 2 weeks later...

Fietra found himself walking at a more leisurely pace than he was used to.   As he didn't know exactly which shop the merchant was from, he found himself lagging a bit behind as they walked.   It wasn't until they reached the shop that he gave it a quick looking over before going inside.   If it was an expensive package, thieves might already be lurking.

2 minutes ago, hunter said:

Fietra found himself walking at a more leisurely pace than he was used to.   As he didn't know exactly which shop the merchant was from, he found himself lagging a bit behind as they walked.   It wasn't until they reached the shop that he gave it a quick looking over before going inside.   If it was an expensive package, thieves might already be lurking.

GM: In order to try and not mess too much with the other scene here I am quoting your posts. Just so you know why that is.

The merchant shows the final stretch of way towards a small, but very lavish looking shop called "Jerome's Curiousites", which may tell him what the owner is called. The exterior of it looks quite well made and kept, giving off an impression that he takes good care of his business and likes to give others a good impression of it and by extension, him as a businessman. He unlocks the door, allowing the adventurer to enter the place. The first room that they see being the front of the shop which has many, many sorts of items of varying size, all of them displayed neatly and well, the place very well organized. Once past that they are to one of the upper story rooms, which is his office. This room oozing of class, wealth and is nicely decorated with lovely furnishing. He gets behind his desk and sits down on his large reclining chair."Please....do have a seat...oh, I completely forgot...what may I call you? As you may have guessed, I am Jerome", he says, feeling emarrassed about his lack of manners.

On 26/02/2022 at 10:27, JennyDK said:

The blacksmith senses the lightly awkward situation going on here between the two customers. Of course, he has no intention of escalating anything, but would rather still not have such a situation in his shop, so he tries to mediate the best he is able to."Now now there...Ah'm sure that he did not mean anythin' rude or mean...", he briefly chimes in before attending to the business of them both."Ah can do any sorts'a repairs...magical and not. Ah get plenty of materials from all o'er, so I am sure Ah can fix this here thing up for Yah...it will take a couple o' days though", he tells Damien.

He has no idea what the goblin seems to want as she looks like she is browsing. The most he can discern is her looking over the smaller sized blades."Are yah lookin' for anythin' in particular lady goblin? Knives? Daggers? Shortswords? Ah have 'em in all sizes and prices", he lets her know.

Pruzsia smiled brightly up at the large man behind the counter at his question about the smaller blade size as she replies politely in a chipper tone, "Pleased to you meetcha sir, the names Pruszia!" as she bounces slightly in place causing her wide brimmed witch's hat to bobble about slightly from side to side. She glances slightly at the man beside her discussing about the time frame to complete his order. She would tap her chin slightly as she turned her attention back to the blacksmith and replies cheerfully, "I need an easily concealable blade preferable a dagger or throwing knives please with a simple design no gems or anything overly ornate please" as she pulls out a small black coin purse from with in her ample cleavage.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DrMender said:

Pruzsia smiled brightly up at the large man behind the counter at his question about the smaller blade size as she replies politely in a chipper tone, "Pleased to you meetcha sir, the names Pruszia!" as she bounces slightly in place causing her wide brimmed witch's hat to bobble about slightly from side to side. She glances slightly at the man beside her discussing about the time frame to complete his order. She would tap her chin slightly as she turned her attention back to the blacksmith and replies cheerfully, "I need an easily concealable blade preferable a dagger or throwing knives please with a simple design no gems or anything overly ornate please" as she pulls out a small black coin purse from with in her ample cleavage.

The blacksmith has certainly heard weirded requests before, so a goblin asking for such type of weaponry."G'day to yah young goblin Pruszia...pleas'd tah meet yah just the same. Ah don't sell a whole lotta those lately, but Ah do have some sturdy, well made ones...just right here", he tells the customer and pulls up a small crate with the kind of daggers she asked for in a variety of styles.

9 hours ago, JennyDK said:

GM: In order to try and not mess too much with the other scene here I am quoting your posts. Just so you know why that is.

The merchant shows the final stretch of way towards a small, but very lavish looking shop called "Jerome's Curiousites", which may tell him what the owner is called. The exterior of it looks quite well made and kept, giving off an impression that he takes good care of his business and likes to give others a good impression of it and by extension, him as a businessman. He unlocks the door, allowing the adventurer to enter the place. The first room that they see being the front of the shop which has many, many sorts of items of varying size, all of them displayed neatly and well, the place very well organized. Once past that they are to one of the upper story rooms, which is his office. This room oozing of class, wealth and is nicely decorated with lovely furnishing. He gets behind his desk and sits down on his large reclining chair."Please....do have a seat...oh, I completely forgot...what may I call you? As you may have guessed, I am Jerome", he says, feeling emarrassed about his lack of manners.

Fietra paused in the main room long enough to give it a once over, though he didn't go poking about.   Some secrets were best left buried, and usually not of his concern.   He followed the other without so much as a word, and settled into a chair facing the desk with a slight adjustment of his sword scabbard so that it wouldn't get in the way.   "I'm called Fietra."  He introduced himself.

• 1 month later...

Pruszia would smile up at the polite blacksmith as she find a small black dagger that was being displayed by the blacksmith as she asks with a polite tone, “Could I get that one please” as she points out the specific basic dagger that fit her needs before asking, “how many coins for that one sir? Also can you tell me where I might find someone specialized in artifacts or relics… I have a strange amulet that I found” as she turns back to the blacksmith.

"Oh, most certainly, little lady. Ah'm happy that yah like mah craftmanship on that one. Ah don't really sell lots'a daggers either...most people like tah come by for the bigger sorts of stuff. Ah supposed the smaller ones are for the more...shady types, haha!", he says in a mostly jovial tone. He finds a piece of cloth to wrap around the blade, so she is not getting a sharp weapon outright like that, making it more safe to hold onto for now."Just give me 20 gold coins for this....and magical stuff, huh? Well, plenty a' places here deal with that sorts'a items. There are a few of those pretty close by...unless yah are lookin' for some kinda recommendation?", he asks.

• 2 weeks later...

Pruszia giggles little at the little lady comment and his excitement about enjoyment out of craftmanship being that she considers being the same thing on a successful theft of an item, which she puffs out her cheeks in a pout replying childishly,"mauh easier for me with smaller bladed items... " as the stray though of the numerous times she has fallen or accidentally dropped any blade bigger than a dagger. After a moment she tucks a stray strand of her black hair behind one of her pointed ears before she fishes out her own velvet black money pouch from with her ample cleavage and begins to count out the shiny golden coins needed to pay for the new blade that was wrapped in a cloth until she can acquisition a leather sheath or something to hold the dagger in. She smiles brightly up at the man and asks, "Certainly I am looking for a recommendation on who's store is the best for anything magical" as she holds out the procured gold to the gentleman in her tiny right hand, while standing on her tippy toes to reach up over the counter giving him a big smile continuing in bubbly filled tone of excitement, "Here you go Mister!!!" bouncing slightly in place at her though of new information and her new toy.

"Ah can imagine that it would be. Hopefully this will suit yah needs for quite a while. Mah steel is the kind that is very reliable and holds", he answers back before then accepting the collection of coin for the weapon. He cannot help but stare a little bit from her bosom being slightly exposed like that and doesn't really try to hide the stare either, being a pretty blunt guy. He even gives her a soft wink of the eye."Ah, well then. Ah've always used the shop called 'The Enchanted Chest', which is a bit of a walk, but the prices are fair. the selection good and the owner a nice guy", he says, nodding softly."Thank yah kindly miss goblin. Ah wish yah the best of days and ah hope to see yah here again soon...for whatever reason yah may have", he says, his tone very much deep and cheerful.

Pruzia would smile brightly up at the blacksmith at his mention of his blade being sturdy and reliable as she is completely oblivious to his lecherous stare at her slightly revealed bosom, which she cradles the cloth wrapped dagger and her coin purse in her tiny pale olive green hands. She giggles happily replying, "It most certainly should help and if I need anything more I'll be back mister!" as she steps away from the counter with a slight bounce before spinning on the of her feet at the mention of the magic shop. At the wink and the mention of the Enchanted Chest shop, she should tilt her head slightly to the left as she seems to be deep in thought as her bubbly mind lights up with a tiny pink light bulb before exclaiming, "OOOH Oooh I know that place" as she seems to bounce in place happily performing a small twirl giving the blacksmith a decent view of her small hourglass form covered in a black dress with her black witch's hat bobbling about on her head. Once she finishes her small little twirl, she would nod her head enthusiastically replying, "Certainly mister! Thanks Again! I gots to go now buhbye!" She would quickly rush the door with a happy skip to herself as she replaces her coin purse and wrapped dagger in a secure place on her person as she rapidly heads in the direction of the Enchanted Chest Shop intent on finding out more about the mysterious shiny amulet.

The blacksmith doesn't either notice or really mind that his lightly playful words did not reach her fully. He is just happy about the fun interaction and making a sale on top of that."Yah're always welcome here in mah shop for sure. Ah usually just get big rugged fellas...not exactly the best kinda eye candy, if yah know what Ah mean, hahaha!" Yah have a lovely day now miss Gobbo", he comments as she leaves. Once out of the shop, the whole bustling and busy district again greet the young goblin thief. The route towards this magic shop is fairly long as it is on the opposite side and with this crowd, it will likely take about 30 minutes if she is lucky. Still, the reputation of this place is great and the owner renowned for her skill in identifying all sorts of stuff.

As Pruszia is skipping down the road leading to the next shop at her destination before she pauses momentarily as an image of the big burly blacksmith being visited by big rugged fellas looking for his swords. She begins to giggle randomly at the thought of the blacksmith playing pitcher for the burly fellas once she had made the 30 minutes down the road to the new shop, which she would peer into the new shop with a great reputation and the owner being a skilled mage. She would enter into the shop through the door as she giggles every now and then due to the strange perverse image fluttering through her mind.

The shop itself is a fairly small and compacy building and from the outside it doesn't really look like much either. The sign is simplistic and rather ordinary in all ways. The more interesting part is when she enters the place. A small chime is heard, as a magical rune is making noise when the door opens up. Inside there are many shelves and glass displays with all sorts of items, big and small. A few of these even emit some faint light. Everything an adventurer may need appears to be in here, from the simple rings and up to massive weapons or armours. There is, of course, also a long and large counter. Behind this sits a young woman with some very delicate tools, tinkering with something the goblin cannot see. Despite the chime going off, she seems very engrossed in her work.

• 2 weeks later...

Pruzsia's eyes would lightly up in wonder and amazement at the sight of the numerous different items with in the store that were on display as she wandered around the store looking at the different items even the items that seemed to sparkle with their own dim glow of light. Once her eyes notice the young woman seemingly engrossed in her work with a set of tools being used to work on the item, her curiosity would get the better of her as she skips on over to the large counter needing to stand on her tippy toes. She would cheerfully and excitedly ask, "Hello there! Whatcha doing!?" as she looks up at the young woman sitting at the counter with Pruszia gently placing her tiny delicate fingers on top of the counter with her curious gaze watching the woman.

The young craftsman slowly pans her view and attention from the small object she is working on and to the customer who casually walked in and then adressed her. Even though she did not notice Pruzsia arriving, she doesn't flinch or get startled."Greetings miss. This is a high tier magical talisman that I have worked on for weeks. Is there something I can help you with? What brings you to the best magic shop in town?", she asks softly, well spoken and articulately. She puts the small thing aside for now as she has to wear the mantle of a shopkeeper instead.

Pruzsia would widen her eyes slightly at the mention about the high tier magic talisman that had been worked on as she decides to inquire about the item a bit by asking, "Would it help at all with illusions or shadow magic at all ma'am?" She would bounce slightly in her step as her childish short attention span would have her momentarily forget to introduce herself and the reason about why she was there. A small lightbulb would mentally go off in her mind as she smacks her forehead lightly before replying, "How silly of me sorry. My name is Pruzsia and I was advised about her magic shop being the best to come to since I need input on a strange amulet that I think is magical!" as she beings patting her small hourglass figure looking for the elegant pouch that she had "found", while she chews on her bottom lip in thought trying to remember where she stuffed the amulet.

The clerk is just about to give some sort of lightly veiled snarky remark back, hidden behind an otherwise pleasant tone and words, but that is cut off by the goblin suddenly snapping back into her own errand and its importance to her. Katharine clears her throat once her question was answered by the sudden customer."Ah yes, I have had a bigger turn-up of clientel lately it seems. So it appears my reputation has been spreading wider and/or better, which is always a positive thing. Now...let me have a look at it then", she says and tries to be patient with this one, as Pruzsia might be one of those "airheads" she has heard about before or at least easily forgetful or distracted.

Pruzsia unaware of the impression that she was giving due to the airhead ditzy nature of flipping from one subject to another due to her short attention spam. She would giggle softly to herself as she pulls the front of her dress robes out slightly before spotting the velvet black leather pouch containing the amulet, which she would swiftly pull the amulet pouch out into her tiny hands before fixing her attire back into place smoothing out any ruffles. She would look back up at the store owner in front of her with a bright smile on her face as she exclaims, "That is wait I heard as well from the blacksmith shop that I stopped at with the hunky charming fellow" with another giggle escaping her lips. She would slowly open the pouch that contained the item since to her the strange item made her feel icky and dump it out onto the counter with her once more standing on her tippy toes to perform the action. She would scrunch her face up in slight repulsion at the amulet as she exclaims out loud, "Sorry about that forgot where I put the pouch, but here is that icky strange amulet I found" as she turns her full attention to the store clerk, the sudden realization of thinking she never introduced herself would cause her to smack forehead lightly adding, "Oh how rude of me. My name is Pruzsia, its a pleasure to meet you ma'am!" 

Edited by DrMender

• 1 month later...

Katharina keeps a straight face as the goblin extracts her pouch from such an odd place. The store owner seems less than thrilled with having to deal with a customer, but it does pay the taxes and all, so she accepts that being part of living here. Though before she gets to see the item, the woman senses a rather...weird and slightly unnerving energy. Instinctively, she moves her own head backwards a bit, creating slightly more distance due to the sensation."Ohh...the orc smith you mean? Yes...he stops by from time to time...a bit rough and gritty, but very friendly and helpful", she says as a comment back towards the blacksmith being mentioned. She gives the thing a moderately disgusted and suspicous look once it rattles onto the counter top."By the gods...this energy..it is foul and...well..to put it bluntly - you may or may not be cursed miss Pruszia...", she tells the goblin.

She would giggle at the comment about the orc being friendly as she replies, “It was refreshing experience in his store” before she hears the comment about being cursed. 
She shudders nervously in fear and stammers out, “foul energy cursed!!!” as she wraps her hands around her body under her bust as she asks, “What even is it… or am I better off selling it?”

The shopkeeper nods agreeingly to that first statement as she has indeed experienced brutish, rude and even downright nasty orcs before, so the loveable blacksmith is indeed a nice change of pace - besides, you cannot do much business with a bad attitude and temper here."I do not know what it is or what it does without examining it properly. It will take me a bit of time to do so, especially to avoid anything happening to me as I do that. Will that be okay or would you rather take it somewhere else? As in regards to selling it...I cannot allow that. We cannot have obviously evil or cursed items to circulate...so I must insist that it is either destroyed or dealt with in some other way", she says, the last part being much more firm in tone.