Lower class district

"Oh, if it's private information, that's fine! I didn't mean to pry that deep, I was just a little curious, is all!" the elven male waved off his curiosity. Hobestly, she had handled his question a lot better than he thought she would, and it was a clear sign to keep himself from pushing forward with the questions. Her patience and composure were great enough as it was, he didn't want to challenge them any further. 

"I guess they didn't leave anything of value here... Well, nothing to it but to press on then." Abel nodded, raising the lantern in one hand, and keeping his left hand available. A cool mist lingered around his palm as he stepped past Theraminas and went down first. Normally it was ladies first, but he wasn't about to make her walk down first and risk getting ambushed. With each few steps down, he swept the lamp and kept his palm at the ready... Was whoever they were looking for down here also in possession of lanterns? Then at least they could see them coming. 

"Besides. Us being too vocal in a potentially very risky place is not the best idea. At least not until we have asserted the danger level", she responds back, grinning slightly as the place looks dark so far, which would be her forté. After they are done talking, she lets him lead the way whilst she keeps an eye on the rear. She does give a nod to acknowledge his last statement as they venture further down.

The steps of the stairs are old and worn wodden ones, that creak as they are stepped on by Abel, as he leads them downwards. The stairs seems to lead about 5-8 meters deeper down, with the door behind them lost in the darkness and the only light both ahead and here being the current lantern. Oddly enough, there is no nasty sewer smell here for Abel. Finally, this leads to a large single room that looks completely barren and deserted. There are no other doors for them to check out. The floor is a manmade stone one, making it clear that someone did in fact make this place on their own at some point.

The only other remnants of other people being a few chairs, tables and what looks like a bar counter smashed into pieces.

It was very easy to forget how different their work ethics were, but at least Abel could see the wisdom of Theraminas' words. Being vocal down here would be an even bigger giveaway than the lantern they carried, and though the presence of darkness all around them was a huge boon to her, the same did not apply to Abel. If he was taken down, that meant she was left with one less able body to help complete the mission, which meant more work for her.

The stairs felt like the most dangerous thing to them as they made their way down, but upon reaching the bottom, Abel felt... Confused. He was sure someone was here, and they moved away from the door... Did they simply just go back down here and ignore him?

"I know I heard someone down here..." He muttered quietly, stepping about the room slowly. His first point of interest became the smashed bar counter. What was the point of destroying it? "If someone's plan was to make a cheap, underground bar for low-cost booze, then they just pissed their plan away, I guess..." He mumbled, running his fingers along the demolished object, trying to get a feel for any latent magic. Maybe he could pick up the trail again...

Just like Abel, Lady Theraminas carefully inspects the room. Unlike the man, she does not have any abilities to seek for clues beyond the normal senses of the human body. So, if anything sticks out in here, Abel is likely is the one to find it. As the female guild member looks around she doesn't see much beyond the ordinary. Thankfully, it does mean there is likely no lowlives around to be concerned over as it seems.

For Abel, he is able to still find traces of the trail from later. In fact, it does seem to go from the entrance and down to here. As it is more strong and concentrated in this room, he is able to tell that it resembles and feels like a certain school of magic - more precisely the necromancy type. It seems to be fairly high leveled too, which could easily be a cause for concern.

"I am out of ideas here...probably a smuggler's den or something?"

• 2 weeks later...

His features scrunch as his hand shudders from picking up a trail of magic... Perhaps the same trail from earlier. However, the feeling of it is so much more unsettling now than it was when he was following it. But this magic... No, that couldn't be right. He was aware of the feeling of several different schools of magic, but this one... Why was it down here?

More importantly... Where was it if no one else had come out from this way?

"I'm... Not so sure these were just average smugglers if that was the case. I told you earlier I was following magic traces down here earlier, right? Well... I picked up the feeling again. I don't know if I'm making a mistake... But this feels like... Necromancy?" he words it like a question, but it was more likely meant to be a statement. The elf slowly stands and moves his hand about, trying to see if he can discern its trail despite the concentration. 

Theraminas gives him a slightly worried look as she hears him utter such words about his discovery."If that is the case, we should be very wary and observant. Whilst they might have had plenty of time to clear out, we should also check for any hidden doors, openings or compartments. Someone dealing in necromancy is bad news....whether or not it is related to the missing kids", she tells him as she is not too happy about such news.

Fen von Svartruwald walked through the streets casually, trying to blend in look as natural and at ease, as rural folk could in a crowded neighborhood. Sickened by the squalor of the conditions and the desperation in the eyes of the youth and resignation in the older, all over this quarter of the city. A few scant few he noted, had the look of a hungry predator. Why would anyone let conditions get to such a state? How could they? He didn't fully understand city folk, wasn't sure how much he wanted to walking around this part.

Passing a cart, of an old man hawking cabbages, he stops to purchase one from the boisterous vendor,

spacer.png

eating a cabbage as he walks deeper into the slums. Run down houses and buildings abound, he eventually finds the specific spot that was pointed out to him.

Following directions he was given,, seeing the way down open, he proceeded into the sewer to catch up with his guildmates.

"Hello? Hello I say. Is anyone down here?"

• 4 months later...

It had been a few days since the young gypsy boy had arrived in the capital with very little understanding of its people, culture, rules, and worst yet, money. He came from a people that bartered goods and services, and since he'd decided to venture on his own without a good rime or reason. Thoth was in a dilemma he could not get out reasonably. The past couple of days, he resorted to stealing as it suited him quite well, coming back from the middle-class areas with a few days of food and drink. The only thing he'd managed to bring alongside him was a scroll with markings in his native tongue, but when he had read the parchment, it did nothing.

Further examination showed he needed tk to make a sacrifice of blood on a diagram. Thankfully with the lower district's way, most didn't mind him unless he had something they wanted, usually to poke fun at his inability to speak their language or beat him up. Today had been the latter rather than the former as he'd bandaged his wounds before drawing the summoning circle; taking a small knife, he knicked off some drunkard and cut his palm before chanting the words memorized from the scroll.

The person who gave him this scroll was a rather mysterious little person, whose gender was unclear to the young man as they were hidden behind a heavy cloak and sitting in the darkness of their booth in a side street where he came from. The merchant had called him over and in a gravelly and slightly unnerving voice, only to look upon him and with hard-to-understand words speak of some sort of gift that apparently is inherited through means they did not explain at all. Once the young man turned his gaze from the booth and tried to look back at it, it had vanished like it was never there at all.

The warlock had managed to find a secluded and abandoned minor house in the poor district, where he is able to try his luck with this summoning scroll. The parchment promises "an ally of great and mighty power and potential from beyond the mortal realm". Of course, such promises can both be a trap as well as very much true in this sort of world and with nothing left to lose, the man does as required to properly utilize it.

Once fully chanted and performed, the scroll folds back fully once more. The trapez shaped outline vanishes up into a huge, red magical cloud of smoke that is impossible to see through. A large "BOOM!" is heard, almost like a thunderclap hitting off very close by, adding greatly to the noise produced in the place and surely alerting others nearby. The great red cloud of smoke slowly evaporates, but before it fully does, inside of it looks to be some sort of....thing, hovering.

• 7 months later...

In all his desperation for the success of this ritual to do something, there had been a little idea it would fail in the back of his mind; happily, that hadn't been the case as that deafening boom deafened him. Soon after, red smoke enveloped the alleyway in which this was taking place in currently. The magical red mist filled the gypsy boy's lungs, causing him to bring up one balled-up hand to cough into while the other waved the smoke away. Had he summoned something he'd regret as all the dramatics and fanfare? "Did you have to alert everyone in the kingdom of your presence?" Thoth asked whoever was shrouded in the smoke before realizing something was amiss.

'What had happened to his voice?' the young man wondered, not being able to speak the common tongue of this land, more yet he could understand those passersby,' so this was not some trick of the mind. It seemed as if the summoning ritual had worked, and whomever or whatever Thoth had brought into the world had used its power to allow make such a specticale.

The whole cloudy red smoke soon evaporates fully and in the air, a small creature hovers, being fully naked, saved for a few accessories on her horns, legs and arms, all of them golden and glistening. A thick and mischievious snickering is heard from this being shortly after coming to her senses fully. Being a creature from a whole other dimension or possibly universe, she has little understanding of how things work in this place she has been summoned to."Ohhhh, hello there mortal. My my, did I do something.....bad? Who are you then and why did you bring me here? For some fun pranking...or sexy time?", she asks in a playful tone.

• 1 month later...

He would cough as some red smoke got into his lungs, covering his mouth with his left hand while the right waved the rest away so he could get a good look at the one he'd summoned. What he had seen was less than he'd been expecting. 'This couldn't be right.' now, reaching into the small side pack to the page he'd kept bookmarked, the image was not whomever this was. No doubt, it was a mistake on the author's part or some cruel joke. This was no great demon of any kind. Yet when she spoke, he could understand her words. "Yes, something bad has happened." turning the book to the short imp and revealing the picture of what he'd expected. "It says you are a demon of chaos, but you look nothing as promised." his tone was one of defeat and disappointment. "Ugh! I am in a land where none of these people speak my language. I have no coin, and I am hungry." The gypsy boy pulled out his blanket and tossed it over his summoned companion. "Also, cover yourself before you make a spectacle of yourself."

• 1 month later...

Bellatrix either has no understanding for his disappointment or does not care enough about the whole situation."Oh...that looks NOTHING like me! I am outraged...whoever made this, got my lovely and sexy side ALL wrong! I can definitely understand you are not satisfied. Whoever would want something big, clumsy and dumb thing, when something small and powerful like me exists?", she comments back, clearly viewing it in a very different light. As she speaks, she flies around the young man, not acknowledging that part about her being nude or her needing to cover up.