Another chance - Ranna and Kappei

Closing the door behind his friend as she slunk into the room Kappei waited for a bit and then followed. Reiko sure had come a long way since that crying little girl she had been when they had first met... Now she was warm, passionate and with a strong sense of purpose. Looking at how she interacted it her Ranna it was pretty clear that her love for little sister was what had made her whole again.

Removing his own now empty plate and cup from the table he offered Reiko the only other chair at the table so that she would be more comfortable when talking with her sister. It really wasn't any of his business interfering in a conversation between siblings, but he had promised that he would Ranna. "I should shoulder some of that punishment to Reiko... I took her to a place where there was alcohol and then left her alone when I used the bathroom."

The place was probably one of the safest places on campus... but that didn't change that he had messed up. He had put too much stock in the bratty teen being more mature, her brusque and confrontational way of speaking thinking of her as a little bit older. She was only a fourteen year old little girl acting like a know it all and he had acted as if she had been her sisters age.

Edited by Nan-Yo

Reiko shook her head.  "This is something Ranna will consider punishment, at least at first.  But it is for her own good, and as family, it is my responsibility to do my part to help correct her mistakes.  It isn't something you are really suited to join in on either, you will see what I mean in a little while."  Her idea was something intended to help her share in responsibility of keeping an eye on Ranna, preventing something like that from happening again, at the same time, she hoped and expected it would even help her in the long run.

Ranna was not going to say anything about that, until she knew exactly what Reiko was planning.  She saw a chance to do something more important though.  "Hey, Reiko, since you are here anyway.  Help me get it into his skull that I'm not a girl, that I did not make up the story of the curse."

Reiko considered it for a second.  She disagreed with the idea that Ranna 'was not a girl', but she supposed it was only fair for Kappei to understand the whole picture of Ranna.  "Hmmm, yes, that whole thing.  Sure, every once in a while Ranna has a boy's body for some time.  Sneezing is the trick.  She will be back to a girl if she does it again after that.  Yes, she did go wandering in that old abandoned house back home.  She could get into trouble as a kid too, you see.  The local rumor always was that place was haunted, but Ranna is the only person I know to actually go inside.  I would not have not have gone inside whether or not those rumors existed, its old, probably filthy, who knows what sorts of animals might be in there, and at this point it may just be a matter of time before it finally collapses.  I can only take her word for what happened inside that place, but whatever happened, the result is what she told you."

Ranna was not thrilled Reiko told it like she was a girl before she went in the house, but the first step was just to get Kappei to actually believe in the curse, then hopefully understand that was why she was as hostile to his idea, and male attention in general, as she was.

• Love 1

"So her curse make her turn into a boy when she sneezes?" Kappei poured some of the newly brewed coffee into a cup and placed it on the table, gesturing for Reiko to take a seat. Her explanation was a bit jumbled but it seemed that something really had happened to Ranna when she was younger.

"Does it also happen if other people around her sneeze?" Technically speaking there still wasn't any proof that there was a curse, but both sisters were making the same claim and he trusted them... especially Reiko. She wasn't somebody that would go around lying to people... but it did seem that she hadn't actually witnessed what had happened herself. A curse that activated from sneezing... Kappei wasn't all that familiar with magic but he had never heard of anything like a curse that activated from sneezing.

"I am already a boy, it makes me a girl.  And no, its just when I do it.  It was the demon's sense of 'humor' after being offended I was not scared.  Not my fault it did not look like one, at least not in the dark with the limited view I had."  Ranna was hardly an expert either, beyond how it impacted her.  But she presumed the demon did not have the power to do something like that.  If it did, it chose not to.  She could not guess why though.  She did not understand its thought process beyond the little it said.

"Ranna is of course extra confused.  To a degree going two different sorts of puberty at the same.  She is uncertain, reluctant to look deep down enough to admit what she feels, what she considers herself."  Reiko to an extent did think of Ranna the way Ranna previously said she did.  She embraced the chance to have a little sister when the opportunity presented itself.  But as far as Reiko was concerned, she never pushed too hard, she was just giving Ranna opportunities to see if she really would be happier as a girl.

"...I am not in the mood to argue about this yet again, Reiko.  If the conversation is going there, just get it over with and show me my punishment."  In a sense Ranna had been getting her 'breakfast', though it still mostly been the cheese.  Just because it was convenient, quick and easy, rather than a great love for it.

Reiko nodded and opened the folder pulling out and placing of the sheets in front of her.  "That is your copy.  Your already completed and filed registration form for the academy girls' gymnastics team."  Ranna looked it over flipped it over,  "How?  Where did you forge my signature?"

"Your signature was not required.  Yes, clubs and teams usually only take those who sign up for them.  But as team captain I had authority to make a request to 'draft' you onto the team.  The request was approved."  It had not been an automatic process, Reiko did not have connections in high places either, but she knew how to ask to make approval likely.  Ranna being her sister made it easier, as was the fact Ranna had not joined anything else yet.  While not technically a requirement, the Academy did prefer every student being a member of at least one club/team.  Helped build that school spirit and give them something to do when not in class, studying...or having sex, which to them was almost the same thing, or at least valued to the same degree.

"This is for your own good, Ranna.  It may help you find friends.  And it lets me have a turn keeping an eye on you."  Ranna was still processing it for the moment, attention focused on the sheet, rather than saying anything.

• Love 1

"Well that's a big relief!" she was probably unaware but one of the reasons why he had asked her if she intended to join any clubs was exactly because something like her being forcefully drafted to join could happen. Reiko having been aware that this could happen had no doubt planned to spring this on her sister even if she hadn't gotten drunk yesterday. If Reiko had not done this herself then Kappei had intended to ask her to do it... "You should really thank your sister for recruiting you Ranna."

Kappei was standing behind Ranna now and placed his hands protectively on her shoulders. Reiko was doing her best to help her sister here, but there was only so much she could do. It was his turn now... but there was still a lot that she could do. He needed her support and blessing here. "You really are a wonderful big sister Reiko-chan."

"Yesterday I promised you that I would help you protect your sister." He smiled, he really would have wished to speak with Ranna about this again first. She had seemed amicable to the idea yesterday but she had also gotten herself drunk. Did she feel the same way today? "So I intend to get engaged to her. I believe this will be the best way for me to protect her!"

OOC: I really like the edit button at this site. I constantly go back and re-read my old posts... and now when I find errors and mistakes I can simply fix them.

Edited by Nan-Yo

"Hey, mom, dad, would you two just get married already?"  Ranna muttered after rolling her eyes.  She was only more and more convinced they were the better couple.  Certainly better than talking about her getting married already.  She already thought Reiko acted like a mother often enough, now they both felt like parents.  It was more annoying that Kappei had seemed to think she did not have a reason to make the suggestion yesterday.

Reiko took a seat and nodded, slowly, serious.  "Yes, that it is something I ought to do soon.  I am still considering my options there."  Reiko had partially bought into the school's culture, she had no problem with frequent, random casual sex.  She was probably not going to marry out of love either, but at the same time, she was not going to just pick some random guy to marry.  No, it had to be someone worth considering in some way.  If Kappei had decided to propose to her, she would probably say yes.  But she was not going to try to encourage it, or regret it if he chose someone else.  "That is something you should consider too, though not rush too quickly."

"'Dad' is already suggesting I should marry him.  You should tell him to leave his step-child alone."  Reiko paused to consider that.  In all honesty she approved of the whole date idea to see if Ranna would give into curiosity, to possibly have sex with Kappei.  She had not expected Ranna to indulge a different curiosity, though it was less surprising in hindsight.  Marriage, even of the sort practiced here, was bolder than she expected him to be though.  "Hmmm, marriage?  I can't say I disapprove, though it may have rather soon to suggest it.  I was a little surprised you waited as long as you had to try to find a wife, Kappei.  I have to assume you were not specifically waiting for Ranna to show up here..."  The last sentence had a joking teasing edge to it, though she did wonder just a little if he had been waiting for the sister she told him about to show up.

• Love 1

Ranna's bratty attitude was something that Kappei found to be rather endearing, but now wasn't really the best time to be acting snotty. She was already in a bit of a bind because of her irresponsible behavior last night so she should just be a good girl now and at least listen to what they were saying. Honestly, if she had been his little sister he would have pulled her over a knee and given her a good spanking long ago.

"I am sure I mentioned this yesterday, but the engagement is just something meant to give you a choice Ranna." It had already been too late to stop what had happened to Reiko... but he could still stop it from happening to her sister. Their engagement wasn't something meant to stop her from experimenting and spreading her wings, it was just a way to try to safeguard her from people that would try to do things to her that she didn't want to be done.

"In just a few days from now, the two week grace period that all high-school freshmen here get will end. You will then be allowed to move around freely on campus without a chaperone." This might sound good on paper, but Ranna didn't seem to be aware of exactly what that entailed. If she had been grossed out by what she had experienced on campus so far, how would she cope with the place when her two week long protection period was over? "But this also means that you are going to become a target."

Reiko knew what Kappei was talking about of course. Her own chaperone had been a remarkably good, if somewhat dimwitted, girl who had taken her job seriously and done her best to protect her charge. But Reiko had not understood and had believed she was safe around her teacher... and as a result, she had been taken advantage of. Her own first experience had been with an abusive middle-aged man who found joy in breaking innocent young girls. It was no wonder that Reiko considered everyone sleeping around to be normal and not a problem, as she herself had experienced things much worse.

Edited by Nan-Yo

"And I have already told him what I think of his plan.  He might scare some people off, especially my age, but I don't know why he thinks he can stop everyone by himself."  Ranna said to Reiko.  She did not feel she could get it through his head, no matter how much she repeated it.  She was still too irritated at the idea to just shut up and be a good girl.  She rather doubted most of them would care that she 'had a boyfriend' and only some would be physically intimidated by him.  Honestly to her, it seemed more effective just to try to stick around crowds of girls and hope not to be picked.

While she appreciated Kappei's help, Reiko could see some logic in Ranna's concerns.  It would be very difficult for one person to truly keep a girl all to themselves here, usually because the girl did not want to be tied down like that either, but even without that it seemed a very difficult thing to actually accomplish.  She also slightly understood Ranna's distaste for the marriage, if only because of how quickly it happened.  "I do think its a good start, but I do have to admit I am not sure how effective it will be by itself.  There are times neither of us will be around her, or someone would not care how involved she is with someone."  Of course Reiko was not really opposed to the idea of Ranna screwing someone else, as long as she wanted to do it.  While Reiko had an unappealing introduction to it, her thought process was not that different from the average girl that had been on campus for any period of time.

• Love 1

"You're right, dating somebody will only work to a degree." Now that he thought about it, maybe he hadn't explained exactly why an engagement would offer more protection. When you were engaged you could still date other people, the difference was that other people could get into trouble if they kept on pestering you after you had told them no. "But that's exactly why we should get engaged Ranna."

Kappei let go of Ranna's shoulders and poured himself some more coffee. He had talked to Reiko about the pros and cons of a lot of the school rules before. She should be well aware of what he was talking about. "If you're engaged then the school-rules themselves offer you some protection."

Of course, technically speaking she could still be assaulted. If another person really wanted to have their way with Ranna, then there was a possibility that they would attempt doing so no matter the consequences. But this wasn't the point of the engagement. The point of getting engaged was so that everyone else that actually cared about getting punished by the school would stay away. "Yesterday you mentioned wanting to get better at combat Ranna? I plan to help you with that too."

Edited by Nan-Yo

Ranna would have suggested that, wouldn’t she?  Reiko could not entirely blame her.  The arena meant everyone should learn at least a little about fighting, even if it was something she would have preferred Ranna to avoid and mostly tried to avoid herself.  She had simply managed to avoid provoking anyone enough to make it an issue, that would be a little harder for Ranna.  Both her personality and attempts to avoid sex could be an issue there.  She did not say anything to that, just drank some of the coffee and handed Ranna another sheet from the folder, this time meeting times for the team, usually several evenings a week, with a note there would be more at times, especially when classes were on break.

”Yes yes, you have made it clear what you want.”  Ranna was not thrilled with this approach.  It felt wrong for many reasons.  Almost like an arranged marriage, especially with how early it was coming up.  “About time you agreed with one of my ideas, though.  Maybe you will accept some of the others too.”  Granted they were all ideas she came up partially out of desperation, but they still sounded better than marriage, especially at her age and to a guy.  Though she was paying more attention the paperwork she kept getting than what he was saying.

• Love 1

"Isn't the coffee to your liking Reiko?" Kappei asked her, noting that she hadn't even touched her cup yet. He understood she was a little preoccupied with trying to hammer home her points with her sister, but that didn't mean she should neglect herself. Reiko was a good person that clearly loved her sister above all else. But that was also a bit of a problem, when you were that focused on one thing you had a tendency to forget everything else...

"You sure you don't want me to scramble up some eggs for you Ranna?" He asked the other sister, showing the siblings he could split his focus between them. They looked so cute sitting there at the table talking with each other. Cute girls doing cute things was definitely the best. It always healed him.

"I'll listen to anything you want to say Ranna, I told you already... just use me however you want. I'm just your shield." It was a bit unfair of course. Getting engaged to her like this, Kappei wasn't just pretty much giving up his sex life, he wasn't getting anything out of it either. Of course there were a few things he might have asked for if pressed, but it wasn't really his right to ask for anything here. He had freely offered to protect her after all. Nobody had forced him.

Edited by Nan-Yo

"Oh, you will now?  Maybe I can go back to the idea of calling myself a lesbian then.  Closer to honest, much more appealing too."  Ranna took the offered opportunity to bring that up again, even if she always understood the problems with that, she still preferred that over all the options so far.  Reiko had to join in shooting that idea down though.  "Want to replace Kappei with one of the Rose Knights?  You might be able to convince one of them to protect you, temporarily...but I'm sure you can guess how they might react to seeing you change."  They were militant lesbians in a very literal sense.  By default they would likely just ignore Ranna, but if one had agreed to protect her, then saw her as a boy, she would become rather hostile.  Ranna would have to break the curse and remain a girl for that to even be considered.  "Yes, the coffee is good."  She added, drinking some more.  Ranna had silently just committed to sticking to cheese, her protest of the less than ideal options she had here, and not being especially excited about being forced into a sport team.  She did not share Reiko's optimism about making friends there.

• Love 1

As expected, Ranna was being cheeky again. Kappei had already had this conversation with her before and explained to her why getting involved with the rose knights weren't a good idea."It's like your sister says Ranna, besides I thought you didn't want anyone controlling you?"

Maybe Ranna wouldn't care about not being allowed to date boys, but that wasn't the only limits that would be put on her. Calling the Rose Knights deeply jealous would be an understatement. As a recently joined 'little sister' who you could associate with and even what classes you could take was decided by the 'big sisters'. The wrong kind of friends or even family members could after all be a bad influence on the members.

Edited by Nan-Yo

Ranna did not like the idea of being controlled.  But that version at least still sounded more appealing than other options so far.  It was really the idea of anything to do with even the illusion of a relationship with a guy that she was most trying to avoid.  She did not really consider that alternative a good idea, it just sounded more appealing at the moment.  "I don't expect Reiko to get it.  You at least should understand why it sounds more appealing though.  You would at least be considering it, if you were in my position."  Even if it never happened, even if she really understood that it should not happen, there was still something appealing about it, in theory, if not in practice.  She fully understood it would not work, for the reasons Reiko mentioned, she may have already tried it if she thought it would actually work.

"You can see if any of the girls in the club will help similarly, but not so extremely."  Reiko commented.  The team did not have any members that were also part of that, unofficial, club.  But if Ranna was successful in making friends there, maybe one or two of them could offer a similar but reasonably lesser help of that sort.  Reiko really just wanted to try to get one or more real friends, and yes, she thought female friends were better, at least to start.  "You won't have to put in significant time there for a little while.  But you will have to show up after your classes today to be introduced to the team."

• Love 1

Ranna's comment about what he would have done had he been in her shoes was mostly ignored. Mostly because it was based on false premises. The only thing she had to do here was pretend that they were engaged but the way she spoke about it made it seem as if it meant something else. So if he had to answer her question then no, he would have preferred a fake engagement over being controlled for real. Any embarrassment he would have to endure would be far better than have his life controlled other people.

"That's right, didn't you say Ranna made a lot of friends back in her old gymnastics team?" He asked Reiko. From what she had told him, Ranna hadn't exactly had a problem making friends when she was younger and her best friend had been a female classmate she had also done gymnastics with. The academy had a different culture though, so things would probably be a little more complicated here. But what wasn't complicated? Growing up came with changes, and not all of them were fun.

“Completely different circumstances.”  Ranna answered before Reiko could.  Asking about her success in making friends, after all.  She was younger then, and in quite a different environment.  Too young to care in the way they tended to now, at this age.  Not drowning in sexuality like this place.  Also a number of them already knew her.  If they thought it was strange, it was strange in a different way.  Girls here also tended to be bothered about it in a different way than boys, but she had seen in class what girls here might think about her.  Sure, the ones on the team might be different, but Ranna did not feel it was justified to be as optimistic as Reiko yet.

”In a sense, it was different I suppose.”  Reiko agreed, but only to a degree.  “There is still no reason to let some bad first experiences taint your view of everyone.  While I have not told many, I have taken time to explain your circumstances to the girls.”  She took another drink from the cup.  While she mostly kept the secret, she felt it was necessary to tell the girls ahead of time.  Avoid the trouble of them being surprised if/when they saw her change without warning.  “I have told them not to give you special treatment, just for being my sister…”

”Brother.”  Ranna interrupted, though Reiko just continued.  “But you are all still a team, and I have insisted that everyone work together constructively and to get along as much as possible.”  It was not always possible for everyone to genuinely get along as friends.  But the team had good chemistry and everyone at least respected one another.  She was sure Ranna could find at least some genuine friends among them.  Of course she explained Ranna’s situation in her style.  Suggesting they should think of her as another girl, who sometimes had a boy’s body.

• Love 1

It was a good thing that Reiko seemed to have already taken care of a lot of the preparations, but it would still be a few days before Ranna could actually join the gymnastics club officially. If she registered now, she could join on her first day when she was wasn't required to have a chaperon with her.

"That is good, we'll register our engagement on the same day she joins the club." Kappei offered. If she had brought her own leotard with her for practice he supposed that she could use it on her first day, but the academy really was rather strict when it came to that the students wore the proper attire during any school activities. Maybe it would be a good idea for Ranna to take a day and go shop with her sister for the clothes she was going to need? He'd go with them as extra protection of course. "It should make things even easier with the club members if you can just mention that she has gotten engaged."

Edited by Nan-Yo

Ranna already suspected the ‘Reiko version’ of the curse explanation they were given.  Better than nothing but with what she considered an unhelpfully dishonest degree of falsehood.  Sure, a girl team might prefer it she was ‘really’ a girl, though that was not quite the truth.  But the last suggestion just made made it worse.  “Any other lies you want to tell them while you are at it?”  She had not agreed the engagement idea yet, and was unlikely to before meeting any of them.  No matter what logic there was behind it, she would not agree so quickly.

”I have probably told them as much as I should about Ranna.  I won’t see them again until they meet her, anyway.”  Reiko added, taking another drink.  “It should probably be up to Ranna to say whatever she is going to say about the two of you.  They would probably consider it quite a surprise to hear someone who just got here was already engaged.”  It was true some students were rather casual about who they chose, not considering the identity of their spouse to be that important, but even they usually did not pick someone quite so fast.

• Love 1

"That is probably for the best." Kappei nodded. There was some merit to Ranna telling people about her engagement herself. Maybe he could come with the girl to her first practice? That way, she could introduce him to them as her fiance. He could then just stick around and watch the practice. It would help cement it in their minds that it was a serious relationship.

"Ranna is gonna need to get a new leotard before that though." From what he had been told, apparently leotards' came with built in underwear and were as easy to clean as other clothes. But both Reiko and Ranna would definitely know more about that than he did since they had actually practiced the sport.  "Maybe we could help with that today if you're not busy, Reiko?"

Edited by Nan-Yo

Memories, slightly blurry memories at least, came back to Ranna with that suggestion.  It was not something she would have preferred to deal with if she could have avoided it.  Though maybe she could avoid one aspect of it.  “I’m not seeing how you would be especially helpful there.”  Even if he only mentioned the leotard itself,  it made her think her drunken suggestion that he did just want to go in and look at the underwear himself was not so far off after all.  There was also a history of being less than thrilled with Reiko buying/replacing her clothes, but it at least made more sense for her sister to be involved in this sort of thing.

”I already started the process of requesting the leotard be made.  Though it might not hurt to get other stuff in the limited time we have between her classes and introducing her to the team.”  Reiko had set that meeting up for the evening, give the girls a chance to eat or do anything else they might need to do after class, before showing up.  This would likely be a relatively short meeting, but if it went well at least some of them might stick around longer.  There would be some time for them to do what Kappei suggested before going there.

• Love 1

"I'm sure Ranna is looking forward to shopping with you..." Kappei told Reiko as he ignored her sister's comment. He would be there to provide protection so that the sisters weren't accosted. How long had it been since the two siblings had enjoyed shopping together?

"I was saying we could go shopping today. Why would we wait and do it on the day she joins the club?" Kappei was a bit confused here, was Reiko saying she had planned to have her sister meet the club today? It wasn't as if Ranna would be able to join any clubs before the first two weeks of school were over anyway, so was this supposed to be just a meet and greet?

Ranna shot Kappei an irritated look, but did not bother saying anything if she was being ignored, letting the conversation shift for the moment between just Reiko and Kappei.  “Officially she is already a member.  It will be a little while still before she has to properly participate, but it would not hurt to introduce her earlier.  This is for the benefit of her social life here as much as anything.  Since she appears to be having trouble there in class and probably avoiding other interactions.”  Reiko felt this was something that better addressed sooner, give Ranna less opportunity to lock herself up in her dorm room.  It was good she took studying seriously, but she needed to get out as well, and preferably at least sometimes with someone other than her or Kappei.

OOC:  I did have Reiko mention that a few posts back.  Figured to give Ranna at least a brief meeting with the club.

• Love 1

So it really was just a meet and greet then? While you could officially register a person as being a member of the club even before they joined the academy, that didn't change that freshmen couldn't engage in any club-activities before their first two weeks were over. He understood where Reiko was coming from, but he still thought that she should have waited until her sister could actually participate.

"You don't think we're rushing her too much?" He asked, giving Reiko something to think about. Ranna was certainly being obstinate and making it difficult to help her, but that didn't mean they could just push her around like this. Kappei wasn't her father, and Reiko wasn't her mother. They could do their best to keep her out of trouble, but it was still her life, and she should be able to choose whether or not to accept their help.

Edited by Nan-Yo

That was of course one of Ranna’s frictions with her sister.  Believing Reiko could act more like a mother than sister at times.  Reiko might even admit it to an extent, just because of how often their parents were not around, it had been somewhat required.  Whether or not Reiko took it too far was a matter of opinion, and one that the two of them certainly disagreed on.  Today had not been the first time Ranna called her ‘mom’ in frustration.

”While I appreciate your efforts to try to help and look out for Ranna, I’m not really sure there is anything wrong with her meeting them a little early.”  Reiko did truly appreciate it, but it seemed like a small thing to worry about, more complicated by the fact she had already set the whole thing up.  It was also more helpful than not to try to give Ranna some socialization she might actually look forward to.  At this point Ranna was still mostly just ignoring both of them, feeling she had made her point of view clear enough already.  She also considered herself done with what had passed for her breakfast.

• Love 1

"I don't have that many classes today... so I could make sure your sister gets to her classroom safely." finishing his coffee, Kappei put his cup in the dishwasher. Predictably, Ranna had decided to ignore them, not that he could blame her. If they were just going to make her decisions for her like this, then what was the point of even talking with them? Kappei didn't like that. This wasn't what he wanted for her. The whole point of doing all of this was to help her and make sure that she didn't get traumatized like Reiko had. They were just controlling her now. Nobody could be happy if they didn't have a say in what was going on in their life.

"Is that okay with you, Ranna?" He asked, feeling a bit like a douche while doing so. Ranna probably felt he was just doing her lip-service now, and she wasn't exactly wrong either. This was why he would have liked to discuss things with her alone first.

Edited by Nan-Yo

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Read our Privacy Policy for more information.

Please Sign In or Sign Up