Another chance - Ranna and Kappei

Time is just a space in the universe, and as time changes so does space. What we perceive as reality is no more and never has been. Left with only a memory that now is something that never took place, if we could remember, how would this change our perception?

But with change comes more change, and what once was is no more. If we could remember what never happened, could we remember what will?

The same place but at a different time. Nothing was different but everything was. The young girl that has arrived by train at the place she would call home for the foreseeable future was the same, but even she was different. Her name was Ranna Rangorn and she had been born a boy. Only eight years old at the time she had trespassed and entered an abandoned old mansion on a dare. If we anyone could remember what had now never happened, they would have realized that this was not how things had went down. There had been a coin tossup and Ranna had won. The other boy however had reneged on their bet and had not entered the old spooky looking mansion. But things played out differently now and the other boy won, and by literally a flip of the coin history had changed. Inside the mansion Ranna had been faced with his destiny, cursed he now turned into a girl whenever he sneezed. Time had changed and fate had now happened earlier.

Joining the academy as a highschool student, Ranna was a fourteen year old girl, and registered as such. Ranna was the same, but having been cursed at a much younger age, she had managed to come to terms with her dual nature. Whenever she sneezed she really was a girl, and registering as such had made more sense than doing so as a guy. This at least had been her older sister's reasoning and Ranna simply didn't have the energy to argue about it. Reiko Rangorn had always been close to her younger sibling and this had not changed with the curse. She was a good person and somebody Ranna had always been proud to call her older sister. Said older sister however had gotten it into her head that Ranna would be much happier living as a girl. Being a different sex did not mean that she would think and act the way her sister wanted too, but as long as she was herself it was just easier to simply humor some of her sisters ideas. 

So this was how Ranna now found herself attending the same academy as her older sister. Recommended and given a scholarship due to her high grades, the academy with all the eccentric students and teachers roaming campus was probably her best bet to build a future for herself... but sadly it was also the worst place she could study at. She was a girl, and as such it was expected of her to sleep around with men...

Kappei Sawai was still a student and had missed his chance to graduate the first time around, however this was by choice and not really a bad thing. The school was riddled with young pretty women, and almost all of them put out. Kappei did not think of himself as some sort of sex maniac or pervert, but even he had to admit that maybe he enjoyed the female body a little to much. Asked by his friend Reiko to look after her little sister he had readily agreed to it before even hearing the details... and this was how he found himself searching for the girl only to find her being bothered by two freshmen. Tall and skinny the two boys were leaning up against a wall in the corridor, blocking Ranna's exit and hindering her from leaving as they tried to convince her to come with them.

(There, the soft restart Is here. Please continue this. You can control the two freshmen too if you feel like it.)

Edited by Nan-Yo
Fixed grammar
  • Love 1

• 5 months later...

The two boys outside were only part of the problem.  They were helping a classmate, a classmate who was trying his luck with an unusually unwilling target.  She sighed as he asked again to let him take her clothes off.  Her...situation had been announced to various classes she was in on the first day.  Not everyone believed it yet, some people had seen it, and spread word, but only some people they told believed it at this point.  She did not yet have the reputation she was very easily capable of obtaining and had in another time.  "I told you, I might look like a girl, but don't treat me like one.  We would both regret it if you had your way.  Just ask ANY other girl here, they will give you what you want, from what I've seen."

The boy of course did not believe it.  "Seriously, what's with you, Ranna?  'I'm obviously a girl, but please pretend I'm not.'?  Are you just a lesbian too ashamed to admit it, or just too scared to do it?  You have seen it right?  Like you said, EVERYONE does it here.  You will only get in trouble if keep saying no.  Just be a good girl, won't you?"  Ranna looked at him with contempt.  For now at least, it did not look like he planned to try to force himself on her, but this was getting unpleasant.  She half considered resorting to other weird thing she had learned about this place, and challenge him to a duel.  But she doubted she had much chance of winning and losing would only make things worse.  He would definitely have his way with her if it came to that.

The two other boys, leaning against the door on the other side, noticed Kappei, but did not react.  They were pretending nothing strange was going on.  That they were just conveniently leaning against the door by coincidence.  Ideally he would just walk by without complication.  There was no reason to think he was looking for the girl they were trying to help their friend have some fun with.  A new girl that just needed some help adjusting to the best part of this school, which they had just learned about.  And even if he was looking for her, why was it any of his business what she did with someone else?

Edited by SataiRolePlayingGuy
  • Love 1

Kappei watched the drama play out with some guilty amusement as he made his way down to corridor to where the young boys were making a nuisance of themselves.

Please help my sister, she is sheltered and doesn't know the ways of the world! I am worried about her! She is too pretty for her own good! This was what Reiko had told him... well maybe not those exact words but close enough so he supposed he should take this seriously. It was the curse of being young, you had to deal with things like this. But Kappei had always had a more good-natured way of thinking of things... whatever trouble or issues he found himself in now, he knew that most of them were just trifling matters on the scale of things. So armored with that mindset, things like this really wasn't much of a problem... not really. As irritating as you found it to be, it as something that could be solved with a little work... "Oy... Ranna? Why are you just standing there? I thought we were supposed to have a date? or are you trying to say you're ditching me for these brats?"

Tall and muscular, while not actually violent, Kappei was able to present himself as somebody that you didn't want to mess with. This helped a lot when he wanted to deescalate situations... even better, the young men that were on the hunt for pretty girls were all shorter than him and were the same age as Ranna herself. Snot nosed brats that were wet behind the ears. The young men realizing that Kappei wasn't just going to let things go looked positively frightened, but tried to hide it behind a facade of bravado. "Hey! This is none of your business we saw her fi--"

Kappei  tilted his head and gave his best impression of a gangster. "Eeeeh? Didn't you hear me? I said I was going on a date with her?!"

The three boys took a collective step back, all bravado now washed away from their faces. It all had happened so quickly that there had been no time for Ranna to interfere and call him out on his lie because if she had things could have become a bit troublesome. Having no desire for such a thing to happen, he reached out and grabbed Ranna's small hand and pulled her away from the three boys. Giving the three brats another hard stare, he pulled Ranna along as he started walking away with her. The three boys, upset but glad that they hadn't ended up in a fight just stayed where they were, watching Ranna get taken from them.

(OOC: She wasn't in her room, the way I pictured it she had been surrounded in the corridor by the three guys.)

Edited by Nan-Yo

Ranna was just confused at first.  While she was happy to have someone distract her classmates, this approach was only somewhat different from theirs.  She definitely did not remember agreeing to a date with him, or any other boy on campus.  Then again, 'dating' did not really seem to be a thing that happened here from what she had seen so far.  Something that someone who was clearly older than her should have understood.  After a moment of getting dragged along, she finally spoke up, before this confusion caused any more trouble for both of them.  "Umm, while I appreciate you getting me away from them, I think you have me confused with someone else."  She realized he might have been making that up, but that led to a different problem, being unsure what he was really after from her.  Was he really just going to let her go and leave it at that?  Or was this just an alternate approach to what she was just dealing with?  The fact he knew her name was extra confusing, but most likely he just heard the boy hitting on her.

OOC: Misread it as just them standing in the hall, blocking a door.

Edited by SataiRolePlayingGuy
  • Love 1

Kappei wasn't really surprised that the girl was a bit confused by his actions, but it wasn't something he could effectively deal with at the moment...

"Lets just keep walking for now..." He told her, stopping himself from adding 'until we get to a more secluded place where we can be alone'. Something like that would have definitely been taken the wrong way. There really was no helping it though, seeing as how he had put on such a big production of dragging her away from there, he wanted to at least get away from any prying eyes before saying anything more. They were in one of the buildings housing a couple of the many classrooms and on the first floor, so it wasn't long before they exited from one of the entrances and he could inwardly breath a sight of relief. He let go of her hand but kept close as he motioned with his head for her to come along.

"Ranna Rangorn... freshman. Pink hair? Red eyes? not even 150cm tall yet? No, I think I found the right girl... or are you someone else?" He didn't chuckle and continued looking forward, his eyes taking in their surroundings as he kept his voice only loud enough for Ranna to hear. "I really don't see what I can do, but a promise is a promise." he turned his head and gave her a brief smile. "Names Kappei... I am your upperclassman."

OOC: Good thing about this forum is that we can at least go back and edit our own posts, so mistakes can always be changed/rectified later.

Edited by Nan-Yo

That did not really help, Ranna intentionally shuffled her feet and did what she could to slow the process down.  She would have tried to stop completely, if she thought she could have.  Now that this was looking like more of the same, it was a matter of trying to delay and hopefully get out of it.  Did he just think he deserved her more than the others?  It seemed the more obvious conclusion at this point.  "I don't know how much you heard of what I was saying to the others, but I'm not interested in that sort of thing.  No matter how normal it seems to be here."  His method of confirming her identity did not help avoid that impression.  "What promise?  Did you make a promise with some other me, like that idea I agreed to a date?"  She was still on guard under the circumstances, no idea what the older boy's true intentions, but focused on the more obvious possibility.  There was no obvious reason he should have known who she was.  Older, not recognized, not with the Student Council, so he should not have known her by file.

• Love 1

Since he had already let go of her hand, there wasn't anything stopping her from leaving his side now and the dialogue made Kappei worry a bit about how paranoid the girl was. Well, not exactly paranoid, but she did seem to immediately jump to the most negative conclusions. Reiko had told him that her sister was a bit sheltered but this seemed more like the girl had a bit of a chip on her shoulder. He supposed she simply didn't like it when people harassed her, and there was plenty of that going on in this school... but she simply hadn't attended this school long enough for it to have had that much effect. Or maybe that was just Kappei's disposition as a guy?

"Well, it was more of a promise to myself, that I would help people if I could." Kappei told her. He continued walking since it would just look weird if they just stopped and stood still. "...that and Reiko would never forgive me if I just allowed some punks bother her little sister like that." You didn't really need a reason to help somebody, this was how Kappei had always felt and he had promised himself that he would never look away if he saw a person that was in a bad situation. Reiko was obviously making a mountain out of a molehill but that didn't mean that there was nothing to be concerned about.

There was a moment of silence, as all the pieces fell into place.  Ranna’s caution and irritation was suddenly completely shifted away from the boy who helped her, to the real source.  “…Dammit, Reiko” she muttered, barely louder than a whisper, after sighing.  She was not as suspicious of him anymore, at least not of the motive she previously assumed.  But Reiko being involved was a different sort of trouble.  “I have no idea what my sister told you about me, but it is better not to indulge her.  She sometimes acts more like a mom than a sister, and we don’t exactly agree with what she hopes for from me.”  She did not want to elaborate too much, not knowing exactly what Reiko had told him.  Even if he knew the source of the problem, it was not something she was eager to talk about.  She only hoped Reiko had not already got her strange ideas too deeply into his head.

• Love 1

Being only a couple of years older, Kappei could clearly remember when he had been Ranna's age. He had been boisterous and rebellious and a nuisance in general... in short he had been a pretty average teenager. But unlike Ranna he had never had an older sibling so he didn't really know what to say. He had never really known his mother and his father had always been busy at work, so Kappei had just rebelled against nothing much in general. So what was he supposed to say here? He knew Reiko expected him to just help her sister, but she had never really gone into specifics on what it was she actually wanted him to do.

"It was a good thing I showed up when I did though. Guys like the ones that were just bothering you don't really give up unless some other guy makes them stop." Because of magic and all manner of mystical weapons and martial arts that had started appearing the past century, girls could no longer be brushed off as defenseless... but that didn't mean that all girls were strong nor that a boy would simply give up if even a strong girl told him to take a hike. It wasn't his business to get involved with whatever was playing out between the two sisters, but at the very least he wanted to make clear that his involvement hadn't been pointless this time.

"This may be my first year here, but I've already seen and heard enough to know what he wanted and why he was so surprised I wouldn't give it to him."  It was basically impossible to miss.  Yeah, it was a bunch of horny teenagers, but Ranna never expected to see a place quite so sexually open.  It would be more surprising not to see it anywhere other than the middle of class.  Of course some people tried to do it there discretely too.  And more surprising that it was not only allowed, but encouraged by everyone with authority.  She had heard some stories from Reiko about how different things were here, but she did not really say anything about that part.  "So, what are you to her, classmate, friend, boyfriend...no she would have mentioned you by now, if it was that?"  The answer to that would at least give her some idea of how much Reiko might have told him about her.

• Love 1

Even though she had seen it first-hand now, Ranna was still naive and didn't seem to understand just how depraved students at the academy could be. Even though they had only been there less than a week, the three boys had not expected her to go have sex with one of them, they had fully expected to have a gangbang with her. IN a way, perhaps that was one of the more normal things about the schools, young men that had just arrived and started learning about the open sexual nature now walked around expecting to have sex with any girl they came across. Of course this was often how a lot of freshmen got challenged to a duel and then promptly had their asses handed to them in an official match... but the next year new students made the same mistake as the previous generation.

"I'm just a member of the school photography club. Your sister posed for a calendar when she was in her freshman year." He was in other clubs too, but that wasn't how he had met Reiko though. "No, they weren't nudes before you ask. It was a Prettiest Girls of the Academy calendar. I took the pictures that year and that is how I met your sister." There had never been anything sexual between himself and Reiko... they had just been friends and he had helped her distance herself from her teacher a bit. He supposed this was why she had asked him to help her sister, figuring helping people was in his genes or something. Well, she wasn't actually wrong, but back then he simply hadn't been able to look away. She hadn't cried or said anything, but he had been able to tell anyway.

Edited by Nan-Yo

Was that really enough for him to have been told about her?  Of course it was, it was Reiko after all.  How many upperclassmen knew about her, just because of her sister?  Certainly not a majority, but it would have been a much longer list than Ranna would have liked, she was sure.  Though that did not give enough of an impression of how much Reiko might have said about her.  How many people would she have explained the complete situation too?  Close friends probably, beyond that it was harder to say.  She did not really need to know someone had judged her to be that attractive though.  It was just weird to think she might stumble across that and see pictures of her sister.  "Don't inflate her ego like that.  She does not need to have it in her head that that might describe her.  So, she just made small talk to you about me while you were taking her pictures?"

Of course she also already had experience with someone who would not say no, and someone it was much more dangerous to say no to.  She was already 'initiated' into that part of the school culture.  There was little reason to mention that, to either this boy, or Reiko.  It was only marginally better that that had been a girl.  Easier to not think about, not regret it quite as much as she would have if it had been her and that classmate.  It was something she probably would have even enjoyed under other circumstances.

• Love 1

Pouty lips and big clear eyes framed by long pink hair, a small lithe body and long slim legs. This described Ranna pretty well, but it had also described her Reiko herself when she first arrived at the academy. The Calendar Kappei had mentioned was an annual tradition where the top twelve most gorgeous or influential girls at the academy posed for the camera. With looks like that of a beautiful doll, she had been a shoe-in.

"She was unanimously nominated by the whole school though" Kappei assured Ranna. Anyone nominated could of course decline the honor, but as a freshman Reiko must have felt a lot of pressure and agreed to it because she didn't want to be shunned. The following years she had grown in height and been nominated again but by then she had been able to start declining things that she didn't want to do.

"She became miss November that year you see... and no, we didn't really talk much." She had been wearing a red bikini and looked as if she wanted to be anywhere but there. It was a sad sight and one that it had been impossible for him to enjoy. No matter how pretty a girl was, how the hell could a man enjoy looking at her if she hated it? So he had taken her pictures and tried coaxing her into feeling more relaxed. Listening to all his instructions Reiko had robotically tried to follow them to the best of her ability. "Rather, I guess that was just the beginning? It wasn't until much later that she could even remember my name."

That first year had been hell for Reiko but the letters she had sent home to her sister had only focused on the good things... mostly lies of course, but she had not wanted to cause Ranna any worry. Yes, Reiko had always prioritized her sister's well being and had even done her best to protect her from what might to her once she started attending the academy... she had decided that her sister should never have to go through and experience what she had during her first year. So, she had told Ranna to try and stay a boy as much as possible the first few weeks until he had been able to settle down had been naive of her... after all, she had never heard of any boys being sexually targeted by men or male teachers. But she had been naive, having only been on the receiving end as a girl that boys wanted... she had not recognized that it wasn't fun for a boy to get sexually harassed by girls. When she heard about what happened Reiko had been distraught, the tramp that had trampled on her brother's innocence could never be forgiven! ... and now maybe as a result of that encounter, her brother had started attending classes as a girl. So Reiko had gone to Kappei and asked him for help, wishing she had done so from the start.

OOC: I figured you meant that the girl had forced themselves on boy-type Ranna? Since this was what happened in the original timeline with another girl.

Edited by Nan-Yo

Ranna was skeptical of that story, or at least wanted to be.  How did that even work anyway?  Did every student get a pile of pictures, of every girl on campus, and then vote on their favorites?  Hopefully not, but if so, hopefully she did not count.  While everyone in authority was informed of her circumstances, she was still officially registered as a boy, which would hopefully disqualify her from something like that.  She was not thrilled at the thought of possibly being included in such a list.  Even less thrilled about about the possibility of family resemblance dragging her into serious risk of winning.  "Unanimously?  Great, you contributed to it."  She almost preferred not to know the mechanics of such things, just really hoping her unusual circumstances would keep her out of it.

Reiko had told her some things, more or less honestly.  The closed off nature of the campus, the desire to shape the students into an exclusive culture, that would identify with each other above all else.  That many of them, coming from elite families, were expected to run the world in time.  She also mentioned the peculiarity of the Student Council being the ones that really controlled everything, with only a degree of competition from the Headmistress.  She did not go into great detail about HOW the Council chose to run things though.  It had also been hard to believe Reiko really wanted her to be a boy for any time.  Ever since the curse, Reiko considered it her dream come true, to finally have a 'little sister'.  It had been her goal to make Ranna fully embrace femininity since then.  Of course that was the biggest source of the tension between them.  Ranna mostly just went along with whichever body the curse put her in at the moment.  She was not as uncomfortable as a girl as she used to be, but did not really consider herself one.

It was probably time to get to the point.  "So, just how much did she tell you about me?"  She hoped it was not common knowledge yet, but it was hard to tell just how close those two really were, and how much Reiko would have likely told him.

OOC: At least that, possibly both forms.  Based on what I wrote in my 'Last year Council members' file, for Detta Franca, (which I had not reposted here yet, because it had not really seemed likely to be relevant when I posted the other stuff, but may put it up soon).  "She even slept with Ranna in both forms, though both decided to swear to keep it secret, Detta, because she didn't want to see the rest of the Council's reaction. And Ranna, because he hadn't really gone into it willingly and had only done it to avoid angering a member of the Council." While its not in the email archive, I assume that was something I had posted as a file back on Yahoo, rather than just having it on my computer.  Mini-bios for 4 council members that graduated in the previous year:  Futako Kasai, Adriano Lide, Young-soo Son and Detta Franca.

• Love 1

The answer was of course pretty simple... while had to go through a lot of hoops to access to more personal information, the academy actually provided an online database that listed all students with pictures attached to their name, sex and what class they were in. When the annual vote was held, students could then simply browse the school photos and choose to nominate any twelve girls they wanted too. In Ranna's case, while she had indeed been registered as a boy, she had been listed as a girl in the database and had a picture of her female form uploaded to it.

"Of course I did. She was one of the prettiest girls in school after all." Kappei readily agreed, not ashamed of admitting to that he had nominated Reiko for the calendar. The calendar itself had never been a problem, rather it was the pressure the girl had been under. While the student council was mostly in control of the school, the real problem was the negligence and apathy. Life at the academy was hedonistic and was place where predators roamed freely as long as they didn't get in the way of those with actual power. As a student what you had to be wary of was not being abused by the student council and their safety commission but rather your fellow student or teacher just doing what they felt like. The duel system was good way to handle disputes but it did virtually nothing to protect those that needed protection.

"You will probably get nominated yourself this year" He continued, having a difficult time imagining that Ranna wouldn't get her fair share of admirers simply based on her looks alone. "Once a girl gets picked and accepts being in the calendar, she gets an interview and then she poses for some pictures." Along with the artistic pinup picture there was always a very short bio of each girl written on the page below. Nothing major, but just their general likes and dislikes as well as dream for the future. During her own interview Reiko's like had been listed as her family.

"Your sister talked a lot about you during that interview, but don't worry... most of it was left out." he smiled remembering how fondly the girl had spoken about her family and especially her rugrat little tomboy sister. "Apparently she thinks you are too much of a boy" Kappei chuckled at the remark. Even if Ranna was a tomboy she certainly didn't look like it.

OOC: I see. In this restart I was imagining Ranna not having had the same type of trauma and having her guard up as much. So I figured it was something along the lines of male Ranna having gotten a blowjob from the girl and then stayed away from her. Maybe she intended to blackmail Ranna further and force her to attend to her as a girl, but this could serve as more of reason for Ranna to seek protection from Kappei, if only to avoid having to do something as a girl. What do you think of that idea?

Also, please check your inbox. I sent you a message there about Schala.

Edited by Nan-Yo

Reiko was remarkably restrained for a change.  Maybe she had done a better job keeping the secret than Ranna had expected.  The only question now was how many friends she would have had that were close enough to have potentially been told?  And how likely those friends were to spread the word?  If Reiko did not have any sort of lover, perhaps the information was limited to a small number of girls, and Student Council members, as far as upperclassmen were concerned.  Though, it looked like she had mentioned it in a more subtle way.  "Of course she did.  She was the first, but certainly won't be the last to think that, for perfectly good reasons too."  There was the story of her relationship with Reiko since the curse.  The classmates just bothering her would have likely thought the same, if they believed the reason she was rejecting them.  She got the same impression from a few others who either had seen her change or at least believed in the truth of her circumstances.

She was still hoping he was wrong about her potential nomination, that she would be disqualified for reasons he did not yet understand.  "Reiko may have been willing to let you take pictures of her, I have no interest in that.  I'll just have to try to find someone to reach out to get 'forgotten' from the list".  She hoped she was disqualified automatically, but she could not be so sure anymore.  Was she desperate enough to try to reach out to HER?  No.  She would have to get much more desperate to seriously consider that.  It was better for both of them to keep their distance from each other, as they had agreed.  Especially since it could backfire as easily as help.

OOC: It was not something she really enjoyed, or would want to brag about.  But I figured it was not exactly 'trauma' either.  She thought it was more weird than anything, and only worried at the time due to the power difference between them.  Right now she is still confused about it, it won't hurt Kappei, but it may or may not help him.  And I did see that, I still have to go back through the archive to remember that one.

• Love 1

"Whoa! what is this business about taking your pictures?" Kappei said, having taken note of how often and easily Ranna jumped to all manner of strange conclusions. More so than her beauty and being naive, what would really get her in trouble would be if she blurting out stuff like this was something she usually did. "I just agreed to try and help you. What you choose to do or not to do is none of my business." Having wracked his brain as he agreed to Reiko's request the only solution he had come up with was as simple enough... but seeing as how Ranna seemed to have a knack of taking things the wrong way, he wondered if it was really a good idea to even tell her his plan. Should he try coming up with something else then? No, the best way to deal with unwanted attention from boys was to have another guy get in the way of those boys.

"Well, about your problem... are you willing to hear me out?" They had just been walking around aimlessly and he figured she would have more classes soon, so he would get to the point now. Only another boy could stop other boys from trying to hit on Ranna. Even if she got one of those rings and claimed to be a lesbian, that would only protect her on paper. Only strenght or appearance of strenght could keep you safe at the academy. He gave her a serious look.

"No matter what you do there will be boys interested in you. This isn't something you can change... so what you need to do is make sure that they back off and stop bothering you." He had mentioned his plan to Reiko and she had agreed to it, no actually she had endorsed it saying it was brilliant. He didn't know if he would go that far and he had been a bit surprised as how quickly she had been onboard with the plan. He had helped and supposed he had been of a rock for her when she needed it the most, but was that really enough for her to trust him to this extent? Ranna seemed to be the most important person in Reiko's life, so the fact that she trusted him with her sisters safety said it all.

OOC: Well, it would just make it easier for me if the hanky panky had been less this around. Anyway as for the Schala thing, it was only a few posts, so if you want to continue it I could just upload it all as a single starter post and we can go from there.

"...You did, talking about me probably getting nominated for that whole mess.  And if Reiko managed to get 'unanimously' chosen, then I'm in trouble of the same, if I actually end up a candidate."  Ranna was not really sure what to make of his logic, and now she was not sure again how much he really knew.  Did he actually know what her 'problem' really was?  Or was he assuming it was just a lack of interest in sex and being harassed because of it?  "Honestly, my 'problem' should fix it anyway.  Well, it should fix me being nominated for that nonsense at least.  It SHOULD have prevented that other mess you just walked in on, but some of my classmates are a bit dense it seems.  Some of the others aren't so dense, not denying reality over me."  Rather than ask for his idea, her mind wandered off to other alternatives.  Avoiding her other last resort idea, she had to consider other things.  "Maybe I should spend all my free time training, to beat some sense into those who don't get the hint."  Yeah, Reiko would just love that sooo much.  It was the most appealing idea that immediately came to mind at least.  She was visibly distracted as she tried to think of other options.  If it was not a once a year thing, she might have even been slightly tempted to try to get on the Council herself.  Though she knew that was less realistic than her other idea, for various reasons and very unlikely to work, even if she made a serious attempt.

• Love 1

Kappei had hard time wrapping his head about what Ranna was even saying here. She seemed to be talking to herself more than she was actually addressing him or what he had just told her. Some of what she actually was something he could reply to, so he chose to do so and immediately put an end to whatever harebrained ideas she seemed to have come up with on her own. "Training is good, but you can't fight everyone and that wont help you at the moment nor will it actually make people stop hitting on you." Not only that, but there was always a limit to how strong you could get from training and an even lower limit to how much you could learn on your own if you didn't have anyone training you. Kappei himself could have volunteered helping her train, his constitution aside there wasn't actually anything wrong with his skills themselves... but fighting would solve nothing and only ever be a last resort. As an example, if a guy hit on her and she challenged him to fight, then it would be done so in the arena. Why would a guy just accept fighting her when he was trying to seduce her? And then what if she lost? Did she really think it would just end with her being defeated? There were always consequences.

"Listen, you might not like it... but this isn't something you can just solve on your own. We all need people we can depend on, people that have our backs." he sighed and continued "That was the whole point why your sister asked me to help you."

Sure, that was easy to say.  But Ranna was cautious, especially about getting help from random people.  Even if that random person knew her sister.  This would have been much simpler if she actually was a girl.  Would she have even hesitated to give that boy what he wanted, if she had been?  She could only guess.  Of course it was hard for her to approach girls too.  The ones in her class were uncomfortable around her, seeing her as something neither boy or girl.  And for any that did not know, there was the awkwardness of wondering how they would react when they found out.

”I don’t know what you’re wanting to suggest, but I’m sure it’s not that simple.  It sounds like Reiko, thankfully, has not been casually explaining the real problem here to everyone she meets.  But I have a very specific reason to have denied him, or any other boy who might be interested in me.”  There was the possibility of trying to transform each time one hit on her, but that had its own awkwardness.  It was bad enough to deal with the changes that came naturally, and it was hard to say whether any of them would turn hostile in that situation.

• Love 1

Kappei didn't know, nor did he really care why Ranna didn't want to date people right now. Whatever reason she might have had, it didn't change simple fact that she didn't want to be hit on. So the core of her problem was a really simple one and so was the solution. The only difficult part would be would be explaining the plan to her. Whether she went along with his plan or not was up to her and if she declined there was nothing more he could do really. But he had agreed to help her so at the very least he wanted to follow through with what he had committed himself to. he wanted to give it his best shot and not give up before he had even tried.

"No, it really is that simple. Tell me Ranna, if you were a guy... what would the number one reason be for you to not hit on a girl? Bar she had some some weird magical problem I mean..." back before the catastrophe that had happened in Japan there had apparently been all types of weird diseases in the world that you couldn't cure but medical advances as well as the sudden discovery of magic had all but eradicated such ailments and relegated them to the dustbin of history. What had appeared in it's place however though was in many ways much worse... what had appeared was what was collectively referred to as curses. technically not all curses were actually what you would define as such, most being closer to normal diseases with a magical element to them... but what they all had in common was that they all had supernatural origins.

Edited by Nan-Yo

"...She was my sister, she was on the Student Council..."  Ranna answered, half seriously at first.  Of course, the question depended on whether he meant girls here, or anywhere else.  "...they have no idea whether I am really a boy a girl, and don't want to count me as either..."  Still on the question as if it asked primarily about girls here.  She already guessed that was not what he really meant, but it was the obvious way to take the question, especially considering the circumstances it had been asked.  "...because I appear to be a girl much of the time...are you getting the hint yet?  Have you figured out why I had no interest in him?  Why Reiko doesn't think I'm 'girly' enough?  Unlike you, my teachers tried to explain it to him, and everyone else in my class, but some just don't want to believe it.  And it may decide what I think of your idea, whatever it is."  The girl already being a relationship was a reason not to hit on her, or it would have been anywhere else, but it was not essentially her number one reason.  She had plenty of extra reasons not to do it, and not to expect it from any of them...or at least not from most of them.  But this place threw the rules out the window.  No one seemed to care about that sort of thing here.

• Love 1

"No, none of those are the number one reason why I boy would avoid hitting on a girl." Kappei shook his head, while he has asked her what her number one reason would have been, he was actually asking her what the number one reason was for boys in general. He supposed he should have been more specific in his question, but he really thought his reason for asking was obvious. "Seducing a member of your own family might not be something you can imagine yourself doing, but technically there isn't actually anything that would stop you from doing so if you wanted to." Kappei could agree that hitting on say a sibling wasn't anything he could ever picture himself doing, but in the end the only thing that would stopped him from doing so would have been his own aversion to the idea.

"The these guys still hit on you even though you aren't girly enough... the reason they hit on you even though you don't like boys... Ranna, it's because they simply don't care about any of that." She wasn't listening, hung up about her own perceived lack of femininity and her supposed sexual disposition. That wasn't how attraction worked though. If a guy had the hots for a girl then he would go after her even if she told him that she only liked girls or even if she were a tomboy or thought of herself as a man. If you didn't want that attention then you had to make it damn clear to the other party that you hated what they were doing... and that only worked on people that cared about what you wanted. In this school, a no didn't mean no... it just meant that you had to try even harder. Kappei agreed with this to a point, if you really liked a girl then you shouldn't give up simply because she told you to go away. But not giving up was not the same as being a general pain in the ass. There was such a thing as going to far after all. "The only thing that stops a guy from hitting on a girl is a punch to the face... or at least the threat of it."

Edited by Nan-Yo

He did not get it, did he?  Would he even get it if she spelled it out?  "I could mark myself as lesbian...if that was allowed for me."  Even the new students had certain rules on this already engraved in their heads.  There were only two reasons you were technically allowed to say no.  Incest, at least between siblings, the only case where it was actually forbidden, and orientation incompatibility.  If the school had recognized Ranna as a girl, she could have claimed to be a lesbian, and any boy pushing her could have got into severe trouble after being told that and still not giving up.  Or if she had used the unofficial but universally understood markings of such a girl.  But neither she or the school recognized her as a girl, despite her current body.  She would not be able to use that excuse.  She could try it on someone who did not know her, but if the truth was found out and reported, she would be the one in severe trouble.  That was only an option if she convinced the school to recognize her as a girl, not an option she was willing to consider at this point.

"You don't really get the actual problem here.  The reason I can't use what should be an easy solution.  Though now we're going back towards my thought of training to fight."  Yeah, it was not the safest solution, but it probably was the most effective.  It was the only way to refuse without outright refusing.  Only let the worthy have a chance with her, of course it could backfire drastically too, if she lost.  She was aware of that, but it still seemed the most effective option at the moment.

• Love 1

"...No, that is a misconception. Coming out as a lesbian wouldn't help you at all really" Kappei sighed. Ranna wasn't technically wrong but she had misunderstood perhaps the most important part. A lesbian certainly had a valid reason not to date men... but that itself didn't mean that hitting on a lesbian was actually forbidden. Most people just simply avoided doing so because it was often more trouble than it was worth. Still, a lot of girls that recently joined the academy believed this half-truth that announcing themselves as a lesbian would mean that the school itself would protect them. The academy did not protect people though, it only protected the school itself. The reason why trying to seduce a lesbian was considered to be more trouble than it was worth was because you always ran the risk of being challenged to a duel as a direct result... any lesbian that actually chose to challenge a guy to a duel in the arena would of course only do so if they were confident enough that they could win... so if you hit on the wrong woman then she or her girlfriend... or hell even some other lesbian could decide to take action against you... and the reason why this was a problem was because while the school didn't really care about a students sexual preferences... it definitely cared about enforcing the rules of the arena. But this was also why it was a problem. If you couldn't protect yourself then you had to get another girl to protect you. Announcing yourself a lesbian only changed the gender of the person that would protect you... it didn't actually change the solution.

"The school wont lift a finger to help you." while he didn't know everything about Ranna, what Reiko had told him was enough. Ranna didn't have any friends at the school nor had she ever had much of any real training in martial arts. Sure, just like every kid she had received your normal combat training when she had started attending school as a kid... but this didn't amount to much in a school such as this where experts and sword masters were a dime a dozen. "Whether you are a lesbian or not the solution is still the same. If you can't protect yourself then you are going to need somebody to protect you."

OOC: I looked at the old notes on Lesbians and it doesn't say that it is an official rule but rather that it is an unspoken rule. In other words, the school doesn't protect the sanctity of lesbians... it would only get involved if something happened which would cause trouble for the school or the school structure itself. So I hope you don't mind that I took some liberties when I had Kappei think about the "lesbian rule". If you do, I will rewrite it any way you want.

Edited by Nan-Yo

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Read our Privacy Policy for more information.

Please Sign In or Sign Up