Another chance - Ranna and Kappei

Nan-Yo

The three girls just gave Ranna a confused look, not sure what she meant when she mentioned Reiko's other ideas. Ranna had been doing rhythmic gymnastics before she joined the academy, so it was only natural that her sister would invite her to join so that she could help and protect her.

"Ah, sorry. I forgot to introduce myself." Madeline said, being the first to break the awkward pause. "I'm Madeline Alaire. If you need any advice on clothes, I'm your gal."

Ranna had almost met all the members by now, and all of them were really nice girls. The girls in Ranna's class had, of course, also been very nice to her, but in their case they seemed to have started seeing her as something of a class idol.

Ranna did not really expect anyone in that room, other than Reiko herself, to have any idea what she was talking about.  Reiko may have talked about her, even explained the curse in her own biased way, but that was naturally a subject that would not have come up.  Maybe she would explain more to some of them later, depending on how things went.  But she was not going to dwell on it now.  “Never mind that for now.   Just thinking out loud about something the two of us don’t agree on.”

Of course there was still the question of her ‘welcoming party’ though the girls most excited about that seemed to have either been distracted or dragged off.  Reiko seemed to be staying out of it as well, leaving the current state of those plans unclear.  “As for clothes, I’ll keep that in mind, though I expect to need much help there soon.”  She was not expecting to be in a situation of needing more soon, or needing any sort of fashion advice regarding what she did have.  She tried to avoid situations that required dressing up beyond her uniform.

Posted (edited)

Madeline shook her head. Ranna was just a child, so her ignorance could be excused, but as her senior, she worried about the girl's lack of enthusiasm.

"That won't do, Ranna. You have to be enthusiastic about what you wear! It reflects who you are as a person." Madeline gave the fourteen-year-old a worried look. "Haven't you ever heard the expression, wear your heart on your sleeve?"

Sandy, noticing that Madeline was putting too much pressure on the little girl, decided to try to assure her that there was no real hurry. "Don't worry too much about it. There are still two days until we can have an official welcome party for you. That's plenty enough time to find something you want to wear."

Edited by Nan-Yo

Well yes, that was the problem wasn’t it?  Reflecting who Ranna was as a person.  In that sense her clothes probably did suit her, or at least close to it.  “For now, let’s just say that was part of the disagreement I was talking about.  I have never explored fashion all that deeply.”  If Madeline or one of the other girls tried to drag her along to that sort of thing, she would not be excited about it, but she probably do it at least once out team spirit/to be friendly.  With a girl like that, she was unsure if her admission was going to be taken as an ‘emergency’ that needed attention or not.

All three girls looked at Ranna with pity. The way she had spoken about it had such a matter-of-fact finality to it, as if not having an interest in your own appearance or what you wore was normal. Sandy couldn't hold it in any more as she suddenly enveloped Ranna in a warm hug.

"Don't worry, Ranna. Things are going to be okay." She said, tears threatening to burst forward. Madeline looked a bit conflicted, not having understood the full scope of Ranna's problem before now.

"Just wear something that makes you happy." She said, realizing for the first time that maybe she had made the young girl feel uncomfortable. They could help her and go shopping with her, but if they did that, then they would just be forcing their own ideas onto her.

Meanwhile, as Ranna was being hugged, the four remaining members had finally arrived.

Ranna was just confused by that reaction, granted these girls did not really understand the situation and what she was talking about, but she still did not think she had said anything that prompted that reaction.  She did not think she had looked or sounded all that upset.  As far as she concerned, this was at least partially one those things that came from only looking like a girl as far as she was concerned.  “Mmm thanks…” she responded more of confusion than anything.  “…But I’m okay, really.”  Just being hugged by someone she had only just met was part of the strangeness.  She look towards Reiko, still off to the side, but could not really tell what her sister thought about this or where it might go.

Reiko’s intention was still not to get involved unless something strange happened.  That response had been just a little surprising, but she could not complain.  What Ranna really needed was one more real friends here, someone she could relax around and trust.  She was convinced that would help a lot for her relaxing around Kappei too.  It would just be easier to start with girls, the trouble Ranna had with Kappei would be similar with almost any boy, even if Kappei was much less likely to cause trouble than others.

"...So that is basically what we decided on." Andrea finished, having told the four last members about their planned welcome party. Despite being such a large school, counting Ranna, they had only recruited two new members this term.

But that was how it was. They only recruited around two or three girls every year, keeping the club a close-knit circle of friends that all had some issues with the so-called culture of free love that was promoted by the Academy.

Sofia and Emma nodded in agreement, but Gabriella still looked a bit skeptical. She liked big spectacles and wasn't really a fan of low-key parties. In the end, more people than not were already onboard with the idea, so it was pretty much set in stone already. All they needed was Reiko's approval now.

Combing her hair over her shoulder, Kanna left the gaggle of girls and headed towards Ranna. Having nothing more to add to the conversation herself, she decided to introduce herself to her junior.

"My name is Kanna Spades." She said in a rather reserved voice. While Clara Davis might have looked anti-social, Kanna sounded the part. "So you are Reiko's little brother?"

Ranna was still unsure what to expect after her previous conversation.  Whether she was expected to dress up, and if so, if any of the girls were intending to take her clothes shopping.  She supposed she would wait and see.  But first she had to meet the other new girl.  She was not sure what to make this one.  Not hostile, but not seeming especially friendly either.

There was a surprise though.  Did she hear that right at the end?  Was someone finally seeing things her way?  "Yeah, brother."  She quietly replied.  "I understand you all have some idea what happened from Reiko.  This body is completely a girl's body.  But I basically have two bodies now, and I was not born into this one."  She was not sure what this girl thought about her, but it was just a relief someone finally understood she only looked like a girl at the moment.

Edited by SataiRolePlayingGuy

Kanna gave Ranna what some might have construed as a disinterested look. Whether her expression matched what she thought, however, was left unanswered as the appearance of the remaining members of the club put a halt to the conversation.

"I'm Gabriella Rivera, and these two are Sofia and Emma." A tanned girl with a strong gaze said, presenting herself and the two girls that arrived with her. A rather skilled tennis player, Gabriella had never joined the ranks of the other tennis players at the school and had joined the rhythmic gymnastics club instead. The reason behind this was that she had become infatuated with Reiko at first sight. While they never became lovers, Gabriella had stayed a member of the club and continued to support the other girl.

"Emma Cooper." The blonde said, resting an arm around the brown-haired girl next to her. "And this cutie is my girlfriend Sofia."

"Sofia Campbell." The shorter girl confirmed in a shy voice, introducing herself. Sofia was a strong-willed girl, but she was remarkably meek around her girlfriend. In comparison, Emma herself only ever put on an act of bravado when she was around Sofia. You'd imagine that the two lesbians would have been better off joining the Rose Knights, but in the end, the two of them simply hadn't been able to accept the general attitude that prevailed in the other club.

Edited by Nan-Yo

Ranna had been curious what Kanna would have said if they were not interrupted.  What, if anything, someone who understood who she was thought about her?  She had been quiet in her response out of some consideration for the others.  She was not sure what they would think if she started insisting she was a boy, on a girls' team, and one where at least most of them seemed to have varying issues with sex.  She could maybe talk to some of them about it one on one later, but this was not the time or place.

Now, she had to focus on the next group.  A pair of proper girlfriends?  She considered herself both similar yet different to them.  Maybe it would be interesting to talk to them later, it did make her a little more conscious about the idea of claiming to be a lesbian.  Something basically a half truth, and only due sometimes having this body.  "Ah, that's sort of special here, isn't it?  Two people in a proper relationship."  Ranna was just trying to make friendly conversation here, still a little out of her element, with so many people introducing themselves to her as the focus of the event.