OCC

As a race in particular, not sure to be honest. A race usually has an origin, which you kinda have. The background and lore can come as much from the race than it comes from the character itself. The traits if we think race traits just speaks mostly of their strength and weakness maybe. And racial abilities. Seems fine? Not sure what else could be needed to define a race with what we already have.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Seraphina said:

As a race in particular, not sure to be honest. A race usually has an origin, which you kinda have. The background and lore can come as much from the race than it comes from the character itself. The traits if we think race traits just speaks mostly of their strength and weakness maybe. And racial abilities. Seems fine? Not sure what else could be needed to define a race with what we already have.

Ok, then. 

@Kitsuyumia

To respond better to your comment on the Oni and Hobgoblin conflict I'll actually be doing a history within the lore of how Kao'Crys and its Goblin, Dwarven, and Kobold people became so prominent. Before the Cold Dwarves and so forth immigrate to Kao'Crys the islands were ruled by Oni clans and warlords in ancient days, just after their creation. In originality Hobgoblins, certain kinds of Orcs, and Goblins were from a common ancestor however the Oni were direct descendants while the others were only from half the line. 

So pretty much the Oni thought they were (knew they were) superior than Goblins and Hobgoblins, so they begun leading sieges and enslaving the other races. Goblins escaped to Lowlands, and any history of them in Kao'Crys is either forgotten or buried. Hobgoblins on the other hand were fighting an uphill battle that they inevitably lost, so for nearly two hundred years, and in those years HBs really learned a lot from the Oni. Well in the uprising when riots begun the HBs used the Oni's blood in a mix alchemy and magic creating the first Blood Magic known to the world. The magic was otherwise known as Sin, since its purpose was a dark one used in warfare of all kinds, but that's not how the Hobgoblins won. 

Sin can be used from the extension of one's body if you're cursing them, this ranges from spit to hair, toe nails and such. The most potent product was of course blood, so Hobgoblins invented powerful curse that kills an Oni's entire family line. So the bloodiest war (no pun intended) began and while many HBs lost their lives many more scores of Oni fell as well, and the war was won in under a year thanks to almost all the slaves being taught this art, killing the entire royal family, major clans and powers including the women and children, even bystanders. 

And with the Oni outnumbered and outpowered in this sense, they were pushed off Kao'Crys with the dwindling enclaves of Hobgoblins being victor. 

To sum it up, the Oni got what they deserved, because their treatment against the HB's were tremendously horrid ranging from torture to open rape, public shaking and discrimination. And half the population, even after the first war, were only by a couple thousand. After the second war only a few hundred were left, the Oni by this point were near extinct. That isn't to say there weren't any of them in Lowlands, just that these guys were down to a few dozen in numbers. 

So there's this beef between Hobgoblins and Oni since the very beginning, which one was the best, while Oni were clearly physically and magically superior (of certain magics), Hobgoblins were all about the mind and invention hence Illusion, alchemy, and the many forms of Pyromancy. Sin was abolished due to it's nature and was only ever recorded in books, the history of it rather, the ability to recreate the lost art through text and depictions we're erased to prevent temptations of using it. So Ikaski and Kuranaro having spite toward an Oni isn't unnatural, the hatred isn't taught but it's still there because events like that should not have happened, especially of the Oni are the exact same like they were before. However Hobgoblins have invented a variety of sword and magic arts that can put the Oni in their place if another war happened... That is to say, if they win against the Snow Elves. I can also imagine the Oni sending agents after the royal line against the HBs (Ikaski) due to being in a state of vulnerability. 

If this seems like a lot sorry, but this is to sun it all up. 

On 21/12/2021 at 23:10, Minorikawa said:

@BladeRunner @Seraphina Hopefully Roland is an amusing character and will continue to be so as I just posted once more. I was hoping to keep up with the goings on in the tavern but sadly have yet to be able to.

OH! Sorry about that but I waited because your post or Blade's didn't really involve Lumina's so don't worry, it's not your character. I just don't know what to do yet. And well, I am stuck to the library since it's my only character right now. Sooo I'm not sure what to do for now.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...