Minorikawa's Game Club Lounge with Coffee and Booze

Typically there's nothing big big announced, though who can tell given how much has been delayed into 2022. In fact, release lists for next year are kind of vacant after February, which is sorely crowded. I know a few companies have already announced that they'll be showing stuff off, such as SEGA showing a trailer for both the new Sonic movie and the new game, Microsoft confirmed the Halo live-action series would have a trailer, there's going to be some Matrix game thing happening, evidently more of the Saint's Row reboot...

I'm hoping for a new game announcement from Capcom, or at the very least more Village content, but I don't know how often they show up to these events. Nintendo usually has an announcement, and there's theories that they're going to have more gameplay footage of Breath of the Wild 2, but I don't think that's what Keighly was talking about when it came to some project that was two-and-a-half years in the making. Part of me is hoping for a Prime 4 trailer, even if it's just a teaser without gameplay. Oh, there was that Crimson Desert game they showed off last year from the Black Desert people. Looked sick. Hoping for more of that maybe.

Either way, it should be interesting. I kind of hate the event, but I do like hype for trailers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't believe I actually beat Ninja Gaiden on OG Xbox as a teen. I jjust played it and really, Tecmo were such sadists back then. On the plus side, Xbox games still look pretty good on a 4K TV with the Pound HDMI cable. But damn this game. X_X

Yeah, I snagged the new HD collection which is "easier", but uh... director Tomonobu Itagaki really liked to throw stuff all over that game as if to mock you.

I feel like everyone that thinks they're hardcore at From Software games should try their hand at Ninja Gaiden, but then they'd probably whine that it's just unfair because From Software games are "tough, but fair", which... is not entirely true but whatever. Fanboys gonna fanboy.

3 hours ago, DragonneRPG said:

I can't believe I actually beat Ninja Gaiden on OG Xbox as a teen. I jjust played it and really, Tecmo were such sadists back then. On the plus side, Xbox games still look pretty good on a 4K TV with the Pound HDMI cable. But damn this game. X_X

Games are too easy now. We've been jaded for a long time when there used to be a standard for challenge that games could provide, a challenge that we rose to meet.

The beginning of Banjo-Kazooie Nuts and Bolts is the perfect metaphor for gamers today lmao.

FromSoftware's reputation for making incredibly hard games was enough to keep me away from anything they make, no matter how good they might be. But damn ... Ninja Gaiden is punishing. Took me about five tries before I managed to beat Murai in the first level. 😧

1 minute ago, Pixel said:

Games are too easy now. We've been jaded for a long time when there used to be a standard for challenge that games could provide, a challenge that we rose to meet.

The beginning of Banjo-Kazooie Nuts and Bolts is the perfect metaphor for gamers today lmao.

Videogames have become a lot more mainstream too so they became more accessible. I can't say I really miss spending hours on the same level because of incredible difficulty stemming more from shaky design than actual, calculated challenge. Frankly, I'm not sure I even want to try beating Ninja Gaiden again, especially since it's been over a decade since I last played it. Frustrating difficulty aside, the game is pretty good-looking. Hooking up the OG Xbox reminds me how much of a powerhouse it was next to the PS2 and the GameCube.

2 minutes ago, DragonneRPG said:

FromSoftware's reputation for making incredibly hard games was enough to keep me away from anything they make, no matter how good they might be. But damn ... Ninja Gaiden is punishing. Took me about five tries before I managed to beat Murai in the first level. 😧

The difficulty of the From Software games is mostly mental, you go in with the mindset that oh man this is supposed to be the hardest game ever, and so it is because you're looking for it. They ARE games of skill, certainly, but when you know what you're doing you can dance around most of the challenge of the souls games, Bloodborne, etc.

Archived