The Blood & Beer Tavern(Owned by Logan Wolfe)

spacer.png

A Tavern in the more wild part of Runae City. It’s a favorite meeting place for the rowdier folk, with goods drinks and attractive BarMaids, that keep people coming back. The Owner is a Orc named Logan Wolfe. The Tavern has a room on second floor for Logan to sleep and live.

Edited by Busterbugs

Thomas RedHawk sat in a back table of the Tavern, his sharp eyes taking in the loud shouts and friendly companionship of the other guests. He loved this place, having the right mix of excitement and calming in the air for him. He glanced at the door as it opened, wondering if they had started to come, or if anyone was going to show up. 

He had put up a message on the Cities news boards a month ago, saying that he was looking for a crew to help him on a ship that could sail in the Void, to explore the Sky Islands and the meet at the Blood & Beer Tavern tonight to get approved of. It probably sounded crazy to people and it was, the idea of taking a ship that is the first of it’s kind into a completely new area. But the thought thrilled Thomas and he just hoped that some people found it just as exciting and would join his crew. He sat back as the person that had entered moved to a different table, sipping his drink as he waited again. 

Edited by Busterbugs

Mesmerelda was bored to say yhe least, doesnt help her short stature made ot hard forbfolks to take her seriously , mead in hand she climbs up into a seat. Its been 25 years since she was last at the Goblin hold of Barad jur. 13 since she was exiled from it. Taking the sweet taste of her honey mead yhe young goblin sat unaware of the man in front of her.

• 2 weeks later...

Entering the tavern was a hooded figure, carrying several large cases, keeping its path clear and out of the way. Looking around for a moment it stopped against the wall while no one in particular paid any mind to it, however it moved cautiously and calmly across the midst of laughter. The hood turned ever so slightly until catching the glance of the ship captain Thomas Redhawk. At its own pace the figure moved toward the table where a Goblin of all things and the man sat at before taking it's seat across from the man. 

Looking toward the entrance, the hood turned back and down at the table until leather armored gloves, lined with iron spikes and studs came up and removed the hood back to reveal a Hobgoblin. Ikaski Urakasa came all this way through the troubles of the bogs after he returned to make sure his schools of pyromancy and alchemy were well kept. Of course, there are those who sought out knowledge from the sage as well as those who wanted to challenge the man. He was undefeated of course, but still in case he went against a real threat that magic didn't work well on, Ikaski had chemical vials and his katanas as well as a few tricks up his sleeves. 

The sage's eyes scanned the captain over for a moment before he spoke in a calm tone, "I assume you are the Captain Redhawk?"

• Like 1

• Busterbugs changed the title to The Blood & Beer Tavern(Owned by Logan Wolfe)

Thomas glanced as a man sat down in across from him, taking in his weapons and cases he cared. He noticed that the person was very capable of taking care of himself, judging from the way he carried himself and his calm attitude. A eyebrow rose as the man lifted his hood to reveal a HobGoblin. He didn’t see many of them around, it being rare for them to leave the swamp. 

“That’s right.” Thomas said with a smile.”My name is Redhawk and I’m guessing your here about joining my crew, right?” 

• Like 1

The sage nods and replies, "Yes, I have heard you were accepting just about  anyone to join. My name is Ikaski Urakasa, I'm a master Pyromancer and researcher of a variety magic as well. I am also a master of alchemy and any field regarding it. I have a school of pyromancy and alchemy in one of the major cities and a few towns, I come to help expand their- and my understandings of the Lowlands as a whole and not just a few pieces of literature. My abilities are wide in use."

Straight to the point and informative, it was best to give a description of his doings to a potential employer. Ikaski spoke with a calm tongue as smooth as a winters breeze, he carried himself that way because there was no reason to act gung-ho or boisterous. Granted he was quite eager to adventure and journey about, but something like this would require paperwork and further questions on what kind of person Ikaski really was. If that was the case then the Hobgoblin was an open book... With ripped out pages. 

• Like 1

Thomas listened as the Hobgoblin listed his impressive list of skills, ones that would be very useful on his ship. He also respected his desire to expand his knowledge of the world that they lived in, much of it still unknown, especially the Sky Isle’s.”Before we go any farther, I want to let you know that if you join my crew, that It’s going to be a very dangerous on are trips.” He warned. “No one has ever even tried to get to the Sky Islands, so we are in completely new territory and my ship is the first and only one of it’s kind, so rescue for us is very slim if something happens. Do you still want to join?” His ship was, of course very well made, able to take a lot of hits and be fine, it’s hull protected by a special resin that was resist to damage, extreme temperatures and magic. But, it still could go down and while they could repair it, it would take time, so he wanted to be honest about to risks, explaining that to the Hobgoblin to. 

Thomas glanced over at the female Goblin sitting next to them. “And I’m guessing you want to join the crew as well?” He asked.

• Like 1

A loud uproar of cheer erupted from nearby as one of the members of the sky-hawk, the Red Oni woman named Aiya, was engaged in a competition. However this was no ordinary competition of strength or wit. This was one in which they saw who could hold their liquor better. Across the table from her was a tiefling male. A species that had some similarities in appearance to her own. However dispite the large horned man's confidence in himself she knew that tieflings had a similar constitution to humans. Thus she felt she definately had an advantage being an Oni and  a pure blood oni too at that. The crowd in their little corner chanted "chug" repeatedly as the two of them lifted up their steins of ale and began gulping down the alcoholic brew.  As the ale hit her tongue Aiya could easily tell it was cheap based off of how much it tasted like what one would image dog piss to taste like. However despite the less then pleasurable taste she pressed on in her endeavor to win. As she had money on the line as well as reputation. As she guzzled the liquid down she would raise her stein more and more to allow more of the liquid to pour into her mouth. Already her vision and balance had been slightly affected by the copious amounts of drink, and she sloppily place the empty stein down next to the others that she had finished earlier in the challenge. The Broad Tiefling man also finished his and put his empty mug down. His balance was a bit more unstable than hers. Also his face looked sick like he was going to throw up at any moment. the mugs decorating the table suggested they were 14 to 14 tied. 

Aiya grabbed the next one in unison with her opponant and  they began to chug their drinks. However the tiefling had more than his fill and ended up spitting some out into his own face before turning and hurling onto the floor. Then losing his balance he fell off his chair. Mixed cheers and disgrunted groans filled the air as money began to be exchanged. Even though she won the competition she did not feel like a winner with how dizzy and liht headed she was once she finished the drink. she grabbed her money, and she  clumsily made her way to the table where her captain is. She could barely stand up and she almost fell over as she sat in a chair near the captain.

• Love 2

Thomas looked up as a yell could be heard from a nearby table. He glanced over to see Aiya having a drinking contest with a Tiefling. Aiya had already join his crew earlier, the Oni having found him after seeing the notice. He grinned as she stumbled a bit to the chair next to him and sat down. “You ok, Hon?” He asked, holding her shoulder to steady her. 

He turned back to the HobGoblin. “If you don’t mind the danger, then welcome abroad.” He said. He was the type of guy who made up his mind quickly and he followed his gut, which said Ikaski was good in a fight wasn’t a bad guy. “Do you have any questions?”

Aiya nodded and she fanned herself a bit with her hand. "Yeah yeah, just getting some extra cash on the side." She said in reply to the captain. Although her head currently felt like it was throbbing and she felt her world was spinning around her as she sat there slightly inebriated.

"I just need to take a small nap real quick," she said before leaning forward and placing her head down on her part of the table.

• Like 2

Ikaski watched the woman  as red as himself easily guzzle down tankards of beer. At first he mistook her for another Hobgoblin but as she approached it was clear she was not in fact a Hobgoblin. Instead her horns clearly indicated two possible races, a Tiefling or best possibly an Oni. He would have preferred the former over the latter given either people's historic dispositions, and with the Hobgoblins driving the Oni out of Kao'Crys many eons ago... No, there had to have been more Oni in the Lowlands, but that didn't make Ikaski feel any more comfortable about the situation. Then again, the Oni he was used were warmongering demons, not some lush making side coin.

Not caring for what the Oni had said, Ikaski spoke up, "If you do not mind I'm hoping there is enough space for my alchemy? Wherever we travel I tend to collect native and exotic herbs and plants, that said, I cannot stress the needed room to conduct experiments or concoctions for the crew as a whole. And to add I will require a blood sample of everyone that joins, I could ask for hair but crimson allows me to see what mixtures are best suited for the given individuals. And no, this isn't a request, it is a demand, I don't want to kill anyone because they have an allergic reaction."

• Like 1

(Oof hobgoblins pushing out Oni. I would love to see how they manage to pull that off xD as Oni of all varieties are normally considered much stronger than goblins of any kind.)

Aiya heard the hobgoblin's request for blood and oit out a groan. "Who cares, if someone is allergic to magic or some shit like that then it should just be natural selection at that point." she said in answer while in her drunken state. She probably was speaking out of her inebriated state probably not caring since she would not have an adverse reaction towards anything unless if it was just straight up poison. As she half lay on the table she was starting to feel a bit over heated in her drunken state. But she was not uncomfortable enough to do anything about it.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 23/12/2021 at 17:38, Kitsuyumia said:

(Oof hobgoblins pushing out Oni. I would love to see how they manage to pull that off xD as Oni of all varieties are normally considered much stronger than goblins of any kind.)

Aiya heard the hobgoblin's request for blood and oit out a groan. "Who cares, if someone is allergic to magic or some shit like that then it should just be natural selection at that point." she said in answer while in her drunken state. She probably was speaking out of her inebriated state probably not caring since she would not have an adverse reaction towards anything unless if it was just straight up poison. As she half lay on the table she was starting to feel a bit over heated in her drunken state. But she was not uncomfortable enough to do anything about it.

Ikaski raised his brow again looking at the Oni woman. Her drunken state wasn't anything to look at nor be worried lest she was a testy one. And by his gut feeling the Oni might be quite the stubborn creature, even one picking for a fight perhaps or at best throw petty argument. Regardless of that, Ikaski replies calmly, "I'm aware that Oni blood gives you immunity to allergins, however if someone important in the crew gains some ailment of sorts from a dangerous spore or an illness; there's a lot more to it, and I'd rather have a healthy crew so I don't die. I'm certain you wouldn't want the same either?" 

Ikaski looked to the captain and continued, vocally stating so that the Oni could hear, "I can also brew... Alcoholic beverages, as well as a variety of tonics and such, for when the crew runs out of course."

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thomas smirked at the HobGoblin and Oni going back forth a bit. While it was amusing, it could be a bit of a problem on the ship. Good thing he had a test planned first to judge if it was really going to work for this crew. 

“You sound very useful and I can assure you that you would have plenty of room and I don’t mind handing over some blood.” He said to the Hobgoblin. “But before I let any of you join my crew I do have a test that you will have to past.” He waited to let that sink in before he continued. “I’m sure you have all heard of BlackMist Forest.” He said.”I want us as a group to go there and retrieve a rare gem that lays deep in the forest in a cave network.” 

BlackMist was a place crawling with many types of dangerous creatures, the natural magic that rose from the earth making the monsters stronger and faster, sometimes giving rise to crazed mutants. And on top of that it was the home to the BeastMen, a powerful race that could turn into beasts and didn’t show mercy to trespassing. If they could survive the journey while working together, then they would be as prepared as they ever were going to be. “Still want to join?” He asked the three around him, curious about their answers.

• Like 1

" That sounds like fun to me!" Aiya said in response. In her culture it was always welcomed when an opportunity to test their strength came along.  The possibility of having to fight monsters in a dark damp cave sounded like a spar she could not pass up at all.

Due to her drunken nature at the moment she started to feel a bit overheated at the moment. She reached up and unclasped the collar of her which allowed a bit more of her clevage to show despite her outfit already having a sizable window showing alot of it already. However she still was not indecently exposed yet by any means. Although it probably wouldnt take much to get her to that point in her current condition.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

That caught Ikaski's attention. The Black Mist was a place of extreme danger being home of the Beastmen of course. He's gone against a few way back when and they weren't easy to down, yet the again he was an apprentice in his arts and was still fresh with a blade. No matter! It was the ideal of going somewhere that potentially had rare herbs and ingredients for alchemy as well as the chance to gain insight on the area and an enemy. It was also a way to test out his magic on other non-magical beings- being said they are magical to done extent, they aren't the expert magician or mage. 

"Very well," Ikaski clasped his hands, from the corner of his eye he noted the Oni undoing her collar which allowed more cleavage however he was no brute and didn't bother to full on look, "It seems we're all up to the task. And I for one am quite eager to get started."

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The SkyHawk captain nodded as everyone agreed to this, pleased that they did so. Most people would have ran at the mention of the The BlackMist forest, but they all seemed eager to go, Which showed that they had some guts. He glanced at the Goblin as she spoke. “The gem is very rare and the ship I built wasn’t cheap, so it will help pay for things we need for the journey, along with making sure we can work as a group.” He explained. “Now that it is decided, we’ll leave early tomorrow.” He said as he stood.” Let’s meet by the City’s front gate.”

• Like 1