The wasteland

Izabella giggles softly at the mention of the little guys needing to look after each other before she abruptly stops covering her mouth with her black leather fingerless gloved hand, which she replies softly, "Its why I chose to be a medic to help the little guys and those in need" as she watches him pull out his machine gun. She would look down at the aforementioned sidearm that he was patting as they edged closer to the fenced area of the thugs' base, which she would shake her head in negative as she replies, "Mmmm no I have my trust blade" that she has hanging from her left hip and continues saying, "Besides that and my rifle, I have actual medical supplies or supplemental supplies for survival" as she looks over at the guard with her.

"While I do share that sentiment, we do need to look for everyone, big and small, after all. Shhhh...now we need quiet down some..", he exclaims as they are very near. Matthew makes a signal that seems to indicate that they need to walk slower and more carefully. The site they are walking towards is upon them both. It looks like a small building which seems to extent down underground. The fence around it seems closed and probably locked off too."A blade is quiet, easy to hide usually and quick...good choice", he momentarily says. Barring the way forward is now this fence.

• 2 weeks later...

Izabella nods her head in understanding at the notion of needing to be silent as they slow their approach to the bandits' base of operation nearing the locked fence surrounding the area. She would have giggled silently as she stifled the laugh with the back of her gloved at the mention of helping all big and little people in need of help, which she would tilt her head slightly to the left at the sight of the building extending below ground as she looks around the area trying to see if their might be any alarm traps or cameras scanning the area. She would smile and nod in respond quietly, "Also helps with those that need to make cuts or remove limbs for surgery too" as tenses at the situation of not being able to proceed over the fence as she asks quietly, "Now what?"

"I see. Whilst I would love to discuss further, we better focus from here on", Matthew responds back, as he clutches his weapon and makes sure to keep a look out."Let me handle the lookout whilst you deal with this obstacle, miss", he adds whilst she looks around for various things. With his trained eye, he sees no enemies nearby or spots any other obvioius dangers.

Matthew's perception (seeing) roll: 3d6 (6+4+5) + 2 (perception) = 17.

GM: Give me a perception (search) roll.

Izabella nods her head in understanding as she replies, “Agreed a topic for a later date” as she glances at him momentarily. She purses her lips as she quietly whispers, “I’ll see what I can do to get past this face” as she resumes investigating the area for a way in to the facility.

Perception (search): 3d6 (1+6+6) + 2 = 15

• 1 month later...

She would quietly motion over to the hole in the fence as she whispers to Matthew, “Psst… hey Matthew over here. Cover me, I’m gonna try squeezing through.“ She would slip her military pack of her back as she slips her rifle, sword and military pack through the hole before she starts to squeeze her way through the small hole in the chain link fence.

The guard gives the surroundings a few extra watchful looks before coming closer and just like Izabella, he slips his way through the opening in the fence."Hmmmm, pretty lucky they likely didn't notice this little shortcut. Though, if we need to escape it may not be the best way to go the other way..", he comments back as his body goes through. Soon enough, they are both on the other side and free to move about the small squared space that is the entrance to this bunker.

Once Izabella has squeezed through the small hole in the chain-link fence, she would grab her pack and weapons before resuming to watch out around the area to ensure that her companion is safe when he begins to go through the hole in the fence. She would quietly reply, "Well it certainly is our luck that they didn't notice this hole in the fence and that is certainly correct that for an escape option it would not work... should we look for a second escape option or go for the rescue first?" She would quietly look around the area for any kind of traps or security cameras/alarms, while keeping an eye out for any other entrances or exits as well.

Matthew sees her looking around the immediate area for anything and he decides it might be better to split that task between them."If you look for any sort of traps or anything else that might expose or endanger us, I will keep an eye out for any sort of ways to do a fast retreat if needed, allright miss Izabella?", he suggests her before doing just like he said. Whilst his attempt was pretty average, the area is not too hard to go through or complex. He finds the lock which keeps the gate to outside locked and manages to break it open with a tool of some sort."There...that ought to make it possible to flee faster", he confirms to her.

Matthew's Perception (search) roll: 3d6 (6+3+1) +3 (perception ability) = 13

GM: Give me a perception (search) roll please.

Izabella would glance over at Matthew as she quietly replies, “That was my general plan of searching before continuing on yes.” Once he begins to go about his own-self appointed task of looking for another escape route and begins fiddling with the gate lock, she would resume quietly moving the perimeter of the building looking for anything that might be a danger or alert the inhabitants of their presence. 

Izabella’s perception (search): 3d6 (4+3+3)+2 = 12

As Andela @MiniRaptor wanders through the wasteland, being near the town of Stahlwasser, the otherwise mostly silent surroundings are suddenly interrupted by the sound of faint voices. They seem to come from near what appears to be a small structure with chainlinked fence with barbed wire on top of it.

-------------------------------

13 hours ago, DrMender said:

Izabella would glance over at Matthew as she quietly replies, “That was my general plan of searching before continuing on yes.” Once he begins to go about his own-self appointed task of looking for another escape route and begins fiddling with the gate lock, she would resume quietly moving the perimeter of the building looking for anything that might be a danger or alert the inhabitants of their presence. 

Izabella’s perception (search): 3d6 (4+3+3)+2 = 12

The gate door is slowly pushed open by Matthew as he tries to keep it quiet and low key and he simply nod towards the medic to show he is following her words. As Izabella look around, there doesn't seem to be any sort of cameras or traps of what she can discern from her surroundings.

After walking aimlessly for just over a day, Andela came upon the structure the two were looking to get into. Hearing the voices and seeing the figures from the ditch of a former road, she started making slow progress forward to satiate her curiosity. Her pale overcoat masked a lot of her presence as she crept across the street and then slithered over the guard rail to slide into the following ditch. Still too far away to know what they were talking about, she just hoped she could settle on watching them for now.

Izabella would quietly whisper to Matthew as she comments, "Well no security or traps in place that I can see" as she walks back over to him spotting that the gate is open as an escape route. She would sigh softly as she continues in a soft tone, "I also only saw the one entrance into the bunker as a point of entry but I haven't checked that entry point yet" and shoulders her rifle in crook of her arm before asking softly, "Shall we take a look at getting in through that door Matthew?" On her right shoulder facing the gate, a clear arm band can be notices with a white cloth holding a red cross and her attention is looking between the bunker along with her companion.

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/07/2022 at 22:22, MiniRaptor said:

After walking aimlessly for just over a day, Andela came upon the structure the two were looking to get into. Hearing the voices and seeing the figures from the ditch of a former road, she started making slow progress forward to satiate her curiosity. Her pale overcoat masked a lot of her presence as she crept across the street and then slithered over the guard rail to slide into the following ditch. Still too far away to know what they were talking about, she just hoped she could settle on watching them for now.

GM: Give me a Dexterity (stealth) roll please.

On 18/07/2022 at 10:03, DrMender said:

Izabella would quietly whisper to Matthew as she comments, "Well no security or traps in place that I can see" as she walks back over to him spotting that the gate is open as an escape route. She would sigh softly as she continues in a soft tone, "I also only saw the one entrance into the bunker as a point of entry but I haven't checked that entry point yet" and shoulders her rifle in crook of her arm before asking softly, "Shall we take a look at getting in through that door Matthew?" On her right shoulder facing the gate, a clear arm band can be notices with a white cloth holding a red cross and her attention is looking between the bunker along with her companion.

GM: Give me a Perception (seeing) roll as well.

Matthew trusts that Izabella didn't see anything wrong and nods softly."Yes, as long as we stay quiet, low and discreet. I might be more bulky, so perhaps I should go first...", he softly replies back and does his best to ready himself as well, his gun in hand and hoping that there aren't nasty surprises ahead.

• Like 1

(Dexterity (Stealth): 3d6 (4+4+5) + 3 =  16)

With little worry about being seen (Or rather, not caring too much) by these possibly passive and distracted souls, she didn't care to cover her tracks, considering maybe even giving a wave if she is seen. Her curiosity held little defensiveness and her own protection gave her confidence in her survival, even if the odds are against her.

Edited by MiniRaptor

((DM Requested Roll: Perception (Seeing): 3d6+2 = (3+3+6)+2 = 14))

Izabella would shrug her shoulders softly at the mention of being quiet and the need to stay discreet on entry into the building, which she would turn away from the open gate and look over at Matthew. She would chew softly on her bottom lip as she replies quietly, "I mean having you go first wouldn't be a bad thing since your more probably better trained at close combat than me" and would pause near the end for a moment with a sigh. She would continue on saying, "Though I am hoping we can do this without too much harm befalling the captive" and rubs her bicep, which steps slightly behind Matthew tilting her head in the direction of the door, "After you then sir".

On 07/08/2022 at 00:29, MiniRaptor said:

(Dexterity (Stealth): 3d6 (4+4+5) + 3 =  16)

With little worry about being seen (Or rather, not caring too much) by these possibly passive and distracted souls, she didn't care to cover her tracks, considering maybe even giving a wave if she is seen. Her curiosity held little defensiveness and her own protection gave her confidence in her survival, even if the odds are against her.

On 07/08/2022 at 09:17, DrMender said:

((DM Requested Roll: Perception (Seeing): 3d6+2 = (3+3+6)+2 = 14))

Izabella would shrug her shoulders softly at the mention of being quiet and the need to stay discreet on entry into the building, which she would turn away from the open gate and look over at Matthew. She would chew softly on her bottom lip as she replies quietly, "I mean having you go first wouldn't be a bad thing since your more probably better trained at close combat than me" and would pause near the end for a moment with a sigh. She would continue on saying, "Though I am hoping we can do this without too much harm befalling the captive" and rubs her bicep, which steps slightly behind Matthew tilting her head in the direction of the door, "After you then sir".

GM: It doesn't seem like either Matthew or Izabella takes notice of the hidden person watching them from afar and thus are able to go about their business as if they are left in peace, which seems to be the case so far.

"Yes, that is the goal after all...no harm to them. The faster we are, the better chance at taking them by surprise and hopefully minimize our own risk..", he softly speaks as he creaks open the door, slowly making it go up and behind it, a small staircase is going downwards, with a few lights giving slight, but still decent lighting for them to see."Looks like someone's home at least...", he lightly mutters and grabs his revolver, since it is less cumbersome and easier to wield here in a cramped spot. Slowly and carefully he makes his way down.

Izabella would sigh softly at the notice of the lights being one once the door is opened as she whispers out, "Well yes that is true and guess its a good thing they are since means a better chance the hostage is safe" as she drums her fingers on the blade. She would quietly peer down into the stairwell looking for any cameras or sensors further in as she follows behind Matthew into the depths of the base.

• 4 weeks later...

Andela slid into another drain canal just a little bit closer to the fence. As they slipped further inside, she climbed up and walked to the fence. At this point, she was just trying to get a good look at them without joining in on breaking into some facility. Or, at least not yet.

(Sorry, wasn't really sure if you were waiting for me or not)

On 14/08/2022 at 07:00, DrMender said:

Izabella would sigh softly at the notice of the lights being one once the door is opened as she whispers out, "Well yes that is true and guess its a good thing they are since means a better chance the hostage is safe" as she drums her fingers on the blade. She would quietly peer down into the stairwell looking for any cameras or sensors further in as she follows behind Matthew into the depths of the base.

Looking inside of the stairwell going downwards, no such things seems to be present and things look pretty quiet and peaceful so far. The guard moves slowly forwards, trying his best to not make any loud noise or otherwise make his presence easily known to anyone down there. At least, he feels very sure that there ought not be more than the pair of crooks as the only sort of threat here. Naturally, he holds his weapon ready for anything that might happen soon. Luckily, Matthew seems to be quite good at moving silently.

Dexterity (stealth) roll: 6+2+5 + 2 dexterity = 15
Perception (hearing) roll: 4+4+4 +1 perception = 13
GM: If you wish to also go silently, give me a Dexterity (stealth) roll as well. As well as a Perception (hearing) roll if you want to see if you hear the third person behind you.

13 hours ago, MiniRaptor said:

Andela slid into another drain canal just a little bit closer to the fence. As they slipped further inside, she climbed up and walked to the fence. At this point, she was just trying to get a good look at them without joining in on breaking into some facility. Or, at least not yet.

OOC: Don't worry about it ^^

GM: Give me another Dexterity (stealth) roll please.

((Dexterity - Stealth Roll = 3d6+2 = 4+3+5+2 = 14))

((Perception - Hearing Roll = 3d6+2 = 6+3+5+2 = 16))

Izabella nervously inched forward behind her companion into the narrow corridor into the stairwell leading down into the belly of the bandits base. She would quietly glance around the area and back over her shoulder from her uneasy feeling about entering the only known entrance or escape route back to the surface, while she briefly shudders at the encroaching corridor due to claustrophobia. In her left hand resides her lone melee weapon, her trust blade as she turns her focus to their surroundings listening intently for anything moving about or mechanic opening to distract her anxious mind.

On 09/09/2022 at 05:07, MiniRaptor said:

(Dexterity (Stealth): 3d6 (2+2+6)+3 = 13

1 hour ago, DrMender said:

((Dexterity - Stealth Roll = 3d6+2 = 4+3+5+2 = 14))

((Perception - Hearing Roll = 3d6+2 = 6+3+5+2 = 16))

Izabella nervously inched forward behind her companion into the narrow corridor into the stairwell leading down into the belly of the bandits base. She would quietly glance around the area and back over her shoulder from her uneasy feeling about entering the only known entrance or escape route back to the surface, while she briefly shudders at the encroaching corridor due to claustrophobia. In her left hand resides her lone melee weapon, her trust blade as she turns her focus to their surroundings listening intently for anything moving about or mechanic opening to distract her anxious mind.

Matthew doesn't seem to hear anything beyond what he thinks to be there and thus is unable to hear the sounds of someone near them. However, the young medic is able to hear footsteps behind them as they venture further ahead.

Andela paused as they did, realizing that she might've been noticed. Upon, most likely, being looked at by the pair, her first thought was to run, but with the immediate realization that a turned back welcomes bullets, she stepped out and tried her best to play along, starting with the movement of zipping her lips. She then proceeded to point and make hand symbols and gestures at almost random, mimicking a military leader trying to silently give orders, but those orders somehow included birds, rolling, and the shadow puppet of a dog.