OOC Chatterbox

Not sure about the speakers if only for pragmatic purposes. There aren't a lot of places that the club speakers wouldn't be over-powering them, and any other more quiet locations have the intent of escaping the music. However, the RGB hair changing to the music is fine, and she could still connect to the DJ's audio so the audio could be pumped directly into her own ears, like a sort of built-in headphones she can turn on and off at will and modify the volume. So if she leaves for the more quiet rooms like the pool but wants to hear the music still, she can just activate that and listen.

Part of what i liked the speakers was the idea that her body is litterally thumping with the music... kinda like how you can feel the reverb of a loud cars speakers shaking the air? Additionally its just a neat asthetic that I personally like even if it doesn't totally fit practically for the club... so unless it simply wouldn't exist in this world, id like to have it so she can "use it" even outside of the club.

That said im glad the RGB LED hair is fine, and the personal built in ear buds are a great option regardless that i would like to use

10 hours ago, DreamsnThings said:

Part of what i liked the speakers was the idea that her body is litterally thumping with the music... kinda like how you can feel the reverb of a loud cars speakers shaking the air? Additionally its just a neat asthetic that I personally like even if it doesn't totally fit practically for the club... so unless it simply wouldn't exist in this world, id like to have it so she can "use it" even outside of the club.

That said im glad the RGB LED hair is fine, and the personal built in ear buds are a great option regardless that i would like to use

Hrm. Well, I don't really have any reasonable reason to veto it completely, just my perspective listed earlier, so if you want it in there you can keep it in. I guess part of the problem is I'm trying to visualize it and struggling to do so, so maybe seeing it in action will help.

9 hours ago, Chiyako said:

I'm excited to see the party started!

I am, too! I am starting to wonder if there's a way to try and recruit more folks in without being annoying, though. Guess I'll just have to hope more people notice that it's not so quiet and stuff is happening?

It's breaking the nature of the theme and allows further potential breakage of it. You can have a character that would maybe have genetic modifications so they have some scales on their body, like the back of their neck and temples and such, but nothing too crazy. It's sci-fi, not fantasy, so I'd say work on a new original character with the setting in mind.

Yeah, a catgirl (nekomimi style) seems fine, if I look at the character list. I'd even push to say furries COULD work if I gave examples such as Star Trek and even that game, Val-ha11a or something (which is sci fi more than it is fantasy. But I could be wrong) however I don't want to push crazy semantics XD. Besides, I don't think we visit other planets in this roleplay.

A neko is what in this context? A tail/ear implant or where do they come from? o.o

I'm just not gonna use my main OC for this roleplay because Minori said no, regardless of him being an outsider. Not "person from another world," or any kind of interplanetary travel bullshizz, I'm not joking when I say Mega can tear holes in reality to travel between dimensions. I repeat. Mega can tear literal holes into the fabric of reality and can therefore go to whatever universe/multiverse he wants to. Even one where what he is shouldn't exist by its rules.

23 hours ago, Mega_Lorandto said:

I'm just not gonna use my main OC for this roleplay because Minori said no, regardless of him being an outsider. Not "person from another world," or any kind of interplanetary travel bullshizz, I'm not joking when I say Mega can tear holes in reality to travel between dimensions. I repeat. Mega can tear literal holes into the fabric of reality and can therefore go to whatever universe/multiverse he wants to. Even one where what he is shouldn't exist by its rules.

And to what extent is a character with a tail and wings not going to be disruptive to the actual purpose of this setting? What need does a character have for dimension-hopping in a setting whose whole hook is simple and yet direct? I have attempted to allow certain freedoms for a variety of physical character types, but the real draw is a very specific sort of experience.

You already made a bad impression on me in another club when you literally told me how my character thinks about your character in a post. That's a red flag. Now you're arguing that the very same character should be able to exist in a completely different setting regardless of the purpose of that setting. The red flag you're now flying is that you cannot actually write compelling characters, but are only able to write one over-powered munchkin character for the sake of self-insert power fantasy. And sure, a setting such as this is intended for some degree of self-insert fantasy given its nature, but that doesn't mean you can't write a unique character with their own background, motivation, and goals directly tied to that setting.

I recognize I have limited tastes in certain things, but asking someone not to bring some dimension-tearing dragon god into a setting or scenario where these concepts serve no purpose and have no place is not unreasonable. If you find them to be so, then please leave. I want more players, but I'm not that desperate.