OOC Chatterbox

Apologies, everyone. I've learned to be cold-hearted in certain circumstances. I've been a part of and have run too many games that end up having problem players, even if they seem well-meaning at first. I run ensemble stories, which means there's no room for anyone to hog the spotlight. If I see someone that sets off the red flags that they'll try to be the latter, well... I will respond in kind. Nonetheless, I'm always willing to be proven wrong. It seems Mega chose not to or found himself incapable of proving me wrong.

Now then.

On 26/12/2021 at 00:05, Seraphina said:

Yeah, a catgirl (nekomimi style) seems fine, if I look at the character list. I'd even push to say furries COULD work if I gave examples such as Star Trek and even that game, Val-ha11a or something (which is sci fi more than it is fantasy. But I could be wrong) however I don't want to push crazy semantics XD. Besides, I don't think we visit other planets in this roleplay.

A neko is what in this context? A tail/ear implant or where do they come from? o.o

This is something where I'm willing to let there be some semblance of creative freedom. So, while Chiyako's character got her nekomimi traits from genetic experiments, any others could be from commercially-available cybernetic implants, or the genetic experiments that gave her character her traits are now widely available as body modification on the market (so, effectively, her character was the test run before it got approved for widespread use in the past few years).

In terms of more furry characters, as I mentioned with scales, certain traits can be present such as fur along the back of the neck, down the spine of the back and shoulders, or along the arm, but still retain that human appearance. Granted, I'm not a furry so I may be missing other traits that carry the appeal of such a character, such as the form the genitals take or something else. I suppose it depends on what you want to do. You can always PM me if you're curious about certain specifics.

• Love 1

9 hours ago, Minorikawa said:

This is something where I'm willing to let there be some semblance of creative freedom. So, while Chiyako's character got her nekomimi traits from genetic experiments, any others could be from commercially-available cybernetic implants, or the genetic experiments that gave her character her traits are now widely available as body modification on the market (so, effectively, her character was the test run before it got approved for widespread use in the past few years).

In terms of more furry characters, as I mentioned with scales, certain traits can be present such as fur along the back of the neck, down the spine of the back and shoulders, or along the arm, but still retain that human appearance. Granted, I'm not a furry so I may be missing other traits that carry the appeal of such a character, such as the form the genitals take or something else. I suppose it depends on what you want to do. You can always PM me if you're curious about certain specifics.

For the record, I was half joking. I place furry characters where they seem to belong. The only reason I actually mentioned it is because Va1-halla is a bit the theme similar to your club and a character is a talking dog, basically. I like that you're willing to let some things pass but I won't push my luck by forcing it where it doesn't belong. Just look at Rocket from guardians of galaxy. He's literally a one of a kind because of (I assume) a genetic experience. If such a furry existed, it wouldn't be, like, a race. It would be just that, a genetic experience and even there, there should not be anyone else like them. In the case of the neko, it could be more like a common practice. In short, if I did that, I'd do a talking animal more than an anthro because it would feel more realistic in the case a human brain gets successfully implanted in the body of an animal.

Honestly would be amusing to see that. Everyone having a good time and you just have this animal drinking a cocktail (basically a human stuck in its body but has to deal with it) being like "Hello there." and everyone is like wtf. I doubt anything could be as cool as Rocket ever was, though. Trying to match this level of coolness would be hard but eh, one can dream. For the record, there would be no sexual scene going on with them for sure. Just the coolness alone would make up for anything else. XD But to be honest, I'll probably just go with a human or someone with implant (Neko, kitsune, etc). Heck, an android would probably fit better, even. A talking animal sound fun, though. hehe...

Edited by Seraphina
  • Like 1
  • Woohoo 1

An android in the style of a kitsune or nekomimi would actually make a lot of sense as well.

Regardless, I appreciate the thought you put into the setting itself. I've yet to play Va-1-hall-a or however the letters are arranged, but I think I recall seeing something about a talking dog in it. Game's on my "to play" list.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...