Green House

• 1 month later...

Rinoa sat silently in a corner in the greenhouse, simply enjoying the peace and quiet as she read her book. When one first enters they probably wouldn't see her at first as she almost blended with her surroundings, her only eye-catching feature currently the fiery red hair that stood out from behind a large potted plant. She was quite good at hiding her presence and her scent was light and mixed well with the plants around her. She sat on the floor, legs crossed and her back leaning against the wall as she read and hummed to herself softly. 

• Like 1

Apparently sitting in a balcony, smoking cigars, drinking whiskey and eating didn't satisfy the large Alpha. Maybe either of the three hit a spot he most likely needed but still he felt restless, he couldn't sleep, so slipping on a pair of gym shorts and a t-shirt were appropriate for a stroll. Nevermind any footwear as he didn't need any. But aside from the civvies he wore, Austin looked different indefinitely, not his body but more his face. 

Austin's head was trimmed to a close shave, careful but it was a clean cut above all. Gone were the long dreadlocks, gone was the long beard riddles with beads and more dreadlocks and entered a majestic bushy beard that stopped past his throat. And if one looked close enough there were odd-patterned tattoos along the back of his neck. At first glance it may not have seemed like the Alpha, but by his scent, by the pressure of his "presence," it was definitely Austin if the size of the wolf didn't give a hint. He looked around the greenhouse, gazing at all of the flowers that had closed up, but what took over were blossoms and petals that opened in the moonlight, flowers the vined along the walling, a variety of cool colors like blues and purples and dominantly the color of white- which seemed to glow at the moonlights touch. 

Sitting at one of the benches that the skylight shone down on, Austin inhaled and exhaled slowly signifying that he was relaxing. He could have easily pick up the scent of one Rinoa despite how good her camouflage was, he could have easily, "felt," her presence, but he wasn't focused enough to do that. Instead, he stared into the moons ethereal glow, reminiscing old memories he was find of; of the pack, the friends he's made, the children he practically raised here... His family. But that was long, long ago, a time that he should have let go but finding no rest from the bindings of the past. Where this hatred and anguish came from Austin knew not, perhaps it was a tool his enemy instilled into him? But for right now, it all faded away as his face was motionless, emotionless, he was more or less daydreaming. 

She could feel his presence in the greenhouse beside her as they both sat in each of their own corners in a comfortable silence. She read her book while he relaxed in the quiet. 

It was a long while after that she moved, shutting her book as she stood herself up from the ground and dusted herself off. She turned to look to the resting Alpha. She pondered over whether she should talk to him or simply leave him be. She wasn't that good at talking either should she start a conversation. Slowly she approached him and placed a reassuring hand on his shoulder, hoping she could at least lift a bit of the weight on his shoulders as she looked down at him where he sat.

"Im a good... listener if you want to talk?"

Rinoa asked softly, albeit awkwardly as her hand stayed on his shoulders, squeezing gently. Her messy red hair was free of its usual cap or any sort of cover, reaching her waist in waves, but she wore a turtleneck and army pants covering just about the rest of her skin. Her face showed almost no emotion but one could tell she was trying to be some sort of comfort.

• Love 1

In the many thoughts that Austin processed there was a sudden voice that pulled him from the realm of thought itself. The Alpha don't focused his gaze and glanced toward Rinoa, and fir a long second his eyes rested on the woman before back to the moon. Keeping his jaw shut, he'd force a the breath of a yawn out of his nostrils as he thought of a way to reply. In truth, he was starting to finally get tired, perhaps being around so many plants and aromas helped? 

Austin finally spoke in a calm and low tone, not moving away from the hand nor removing it himself, he found it... Comforting, "Nothing to speak of. Why are you still here? Most of the pack has gone off to hunt or into the market in town..." 

Austin's blue and green hazel eyes finally locked with the woman's own hazel orbs. His look was of something of a tired beast with no sense of rest, the story of his life really, and he couldn't help but look back at when Rinoa first came to the tribe. He spoke again, this time turning back to the moon yet again, "Tell me of the time you came to us, when you were introduced into the pack. Most wolves around here were born into but... Others like us ended up here one way or another." 

Austin's demand was more a request, it sounded more like a favor if anything. If there would be talk, talk there was. With mating season so close Austin had hoped he wouldn't fall into the same pit trap as he did with Samara back in his quarters. But, luckily Rinoa had her scent covered like a plant, so the pheromones or "need" wasn't there at all. At least he hoped. For now, he'd settle on the company of another pack member. 

Rinoa could tell that the Alpha was tired and it was clear he needed rest. She eyed him quietly as she waited for his reply, tilting her head and glancing up at the moon as well. It was beautiful and she could tell why he seemed so relaxed here. She felt it too in areas like this, her little hiding places that she would usually be found in were like this one. 

1 hour ago, BladeRunner said:

"Nothing to speak of. Why are you still here? Most of the pack has gone off to hunt or into the market in town..." 

"I've already finished hunting and I see no reason to go to the market. I have everything I need and want right here."

She said with a soft chuckle, gesturing to the book she had in her other hand. She was a practical person and although that may seem to be boring to others she preferred it this way. She hummed at his second question, looking to a moonlit plant as she admired the art of it all in thought.

"It wasn't that long ago I that I arrived. I was just lost and needed a home and when I could smell the scent of something similar to what I was, it brought me here. 4 years now. You've given me a home for 4 years."

Rinoas voice was quiet and soft, keeping the peace in the greenhouse and never raising her voice further so as to cut through the air. Her nose twitched at the Alphas scent. It was strong and with mating season near by it just made it worse. However she knew she could hold back if she wished to, covering her scent so as to not bother him with it when he needed his rest. Her cheeks were warm and she furrowed her brows, brushing the heat off. Being the introvert she was she preferred to suffer through mating season on her own, although it was difficult and hadn't always worked she tried anyways.

• Love 1

"I remember, you bold faced asked to stay here, no stammering or shyness, you had more balls than a lot of the men around here. Caleb didn't like that we were taking in a stranger but it was better than nothing, little did we know that we had a talented warrior now." Austin said, though his expression hadn't changed and he remained in a realm between scout and relaxed, the air around him seed smoother, softer, almost beckoning. 

"I came to this pack almost twenty years ago, I didn't learn of my wolf heritage until my father passed away and my brother pursued his path further until he ended up in Scandanavia. I didn't trust anyone here, but I made due, my father had unlocked the beast from within and for protective reasoning sent me here. Sometimes I'm not sure if it were the best or worst decision I ever made..." Austin spoke true, his fight with his ill father ended with coordinates and a name. That name was of the Old Man's, of which he didn't speak out of respect to let that name rest in peace. 

The Alpha was at ease the more he talked, much of the pain he had let loose earlier so now it only dulled to a rolling boil. He then said, "Why don't you sit down, ease yourself? I will not be here long and you can have the greenhouse to yourself once more.... However while we are here, let me ask you a... Personal question, yes? Have you thought of who you would have as a mate this season? And before you rise in anger or embarrassment, it is a mere question."

She chuckled lightly as he spoke of when she first came. It was true. She wasn't afraid and she was desperate to find a place to call home. She also remembered Caleb not being too inviting of her. Although they were on better terms now that he doesn't glare her way should he see her but that was about it. Rinoa listened quietly as he spoke of his own past, watching him and letting him talk. This was probably the first time he had somewhat opened up to her after she had arrived at this pack, a light warmth in her cheeks at the thought of being trusted by him to talk normally as one would a friend rather than a subordinate.  

Rinoa sat herself down beside him when he asked, crossing her legs and looking up at him, her hand on his shoulder was long gone and now fiddling with her book in her lap. She was on her way out of the Green house but she didn't find it necessary to correct him. She was looking down at her lap when he then asked her about finding a mate. She stiffened a bit and looked up at him again blankly for a moment before a sheepish grin stretched her lips, cheeks reddening only to prove the vibrance of her hair.

"Not at all. I tend to avoid others the closer the season comes."

Rinoa found no reason to lie about it. She knew her insecurities and understood her standing in the pack. She was a warrior that not everyone trusted here and she knew she didn't do much to gain trust or get to know the other members. So who was she to think of a mate?

"I'm not that close to anyone here for them to think of me as a mate or vice versa and I'd prefer to not bother others with it."

She told him with a laugh. 

• Love 1

Austin stayed quiet for quite some time. He listened and unbeknownst to Rinoa he was taking in her reactions despite his stare at the moon. It was an odd question but one he was asked a million times after... Well after the massacre of course. But he wasn't dwelling on that. It took him back to when Austin and Daliah got real close to each other, he would have taken her as a mate if only she hadn't of acted out of spite when he was promoted to Alpha. That was a rough beginning.

"Very well then," Austin simply replies, not angry or saddened or even happily, he just gave a cool response, "There is no issue in that at all, could say we're alike in that regard. Perhaps for different reasons I suppose. You could also try to..." What were the words for it? Oh yes, but he shouldn't say it, "No, nevermind that. But what are your goals and ambitions?" 

Rinoa didn't expect him to accept her answer as easily as he did, as she was prepared for a more dramatic reaction to her reply. Not many would take her response in a good light. After all, mating season was important to them and it was even more difficult to fight against as it involved pure instinct and desire, yet she tried to brush it off as casually as she could. His reply relaxed her however, letting out a breath she didn't realise she was holding as she smiled lightly to herself for a moment. 

Riona then frowned when he stopped himself from saying something, glancing up at him with furrowed brows, though she didn't press him for it. If he wanted to tell her, he would on his own. At his question however she hummed and leaned back, looking up at the ceiling in thought. She knew exactly her goals and ambitions but she's never shared them with anyone before.

"Well... I feel like I already have everything I need here. It's more a matter of protecting it as well as I can. As for ambitions.... I want to do art. I never thought of selling my art but I sure as hell enjoy making it."

At this answer, Rinoa looked to him and grinned almost childishly. 

"Sounds like a kids dream doesn't it?"

• Love 1

"Is that so?" Austin asked cocking a brow as he heard what the woman wanted to do, "You're still young, you should still be able to do that thing you want. Before long, as you age you become bound to those things, so do something you like. Like painting." 

Austin never touched upon his own personal "ambitions" as no one has ever asked him except for the Old Man and Daliah. Though he was the Alpha, he had never involved himself in the affairs of others like "painting" or beyond that, always working, always in the political landscape of things, this was most likely the first time in many years he had actually sat down to speak to someone about this stuff. As of right now Austin was wondering in unknown territory. Then again, he should be getting to know most of the pack members... But that was later. 

With another silent moment, the Alpha finally said, "Perhaps you could show me a few of your works?" 

• Love 1

Rinoa's forms of meditation and simply being alive consisted of reading, training or drawing. It was how she let off her steam or let out whatever emotions she needed to. She chuckled at his response, of how she should do what she wants while she still can.

"There isn't anything stopping me really. I draw what I want when I want afterall."

She reassured him. She knew herself well enough. She was afraid that if what she enjoys doing suddenly becomes a job or duty to her, then she will no longer be able to enjoy it as she used to. She wasn't in a hurry for it either, she simply lived as she wanted whether it was with someone or without, and right now the Pack she was a part of was her comfort, and she would do anything to keep it this way.

"I...Im not the greatest artist... If you wish to see then you should come to my room."

She told him softly, slightly embarrassed at herself, especially for feeling like she somewhat discreetly invited him over without quite meaning to. No one had seen her room before. 

"What about you...? Any ambitions? It's not too late to give art a try either you know. I'd like to believe I'm a good teacher too."

She wasn't entirely serious about her offer to teach him but she meant what she said that it wasn't late for him. Anyone can do anything if they wanted to and she believed that much to be true.

• Love 1

The Alpha almost perked up at Rinoa's words. She already has a few pieces of artwork from what he could assume judging by her choose of words. Slightly there was a falter to Austin's face, a smirk, for just an instant had made it's way through his mouth. Everyone thought Austin, or rather Auvunux as a tribal, primitive and brutal when before he had found the beast sleeping within he had multiple hobbies, one of which did include a type of artwork. Carefully though, Austin chose his words, and for right now the conversation he kept it at a level between equal individuals; not between superior and subordinate. 

"Is that so? Then perhaps I would like to see your works," Austin said, now standing up to full height, the clear height difference Austin had standing beyond seven feet, "You need not be embarrassed, it is an expression and an extension of you no matter how good or bad it is. There is no shame in revealing such things, Rinoa." 

When Rinoa asked about of Austin had any ambitions there was a pause. There were a variety of things, but regarding hobbies he did spill the beans, "Truth be told I used to... Uhh... Make jewelry, I used to draw and paint as well. Play video games, listen to music, comics... There was a lot I used to do, some things I wish I could go back to but... Unfortunately I cannot for a variety of reasons."

Rinoa looked up at him as he stood. Seeing him at his full height from so up close was always intimidating it almost sent chills up her spine. She moved to stand as well, her own build quite tall for a female yet she came up quite short next to him. She dusted herself lightly as he spoke, glancing up at him. He may have seem quite brutal in appearance but she felt something closer to wisdom. He was calm and calculating just as she was in a way and that made her feel slightly closer to him.

Rinoa smiled sheepishly as he spoke of not being embarrassed about her work. However that wasn't quite the reason she was shy. A lot of the art she had in her room was art she did of her home here. Landscapes of the forest, the cavern nearby, and quite a lot of pack member portraits she may have drawn or sketched in secret, Austin included. At hearing of his hobbies,  her soft smile grew wider, raising a brow as she eyed him quietly. This made him feel more approachable now, not like she had been any better herself in that aspect.

"Making jewellery... I'd like to see some at some point."

Rinoa murmured softly. She gestured to the greenhouse' door to ask him to take the lead and grinned.

"As for the rest? I enjoy those too. Video games and comics. I enjoy anything with a good story."

• Love 1

There was a slight smile beneath the beard of the Alpha. Maybe he was actually enjoying the company Rinoa presented? The young woman seemed easygoing and in a sense reminded the Alpha of himself at that age, albeit it made him feel embarrassed to have revealed silly things that he used to do. Now he almost felt a desire to go out and get these new things, new games and get back into making jewelry, get back into doing the things he enjoyed many years ago. 

"Mmm, indeed. They're all gone, but I worked with resin-epoxy, taking dead or frozen insects and making jewelry like necklaces or bracelets out of them," Austin took the lead, leaving the greenhouse and back through the corridor of the mansion, although perhaps he wasn't meant to hear that murmur with the hearing of a wolf it was impossible to whisper past him, "The last game I remembered were... EverQuest, Ratchet and Clank, and Sly Cooper. I haven't kept up with anything as if recent unfortunately." 

Rinoa smiled to herself as she put her hands behind her back, fiddling with her book and fingers from behind her back as the walked side by side. She was glad to hear him talk about himself as he did, humming softly in response as she listened to him talk of the jewellery he used to make. She was genuinely interested, raising a brow.

"Now I'd like to see it even more. Resin is difficult to work with but if you can use it and design your mold then it can have beautiful results."

She said softly. She's worked with it before but it was only ever slight as they strode through the hallway. The games he mentioned made her whistle lowly, laughing out.

"I'll be honest, Sly Cooper and Ratchet and Clank were the good days for me too. Though I was closer to Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy and Resident Evil. At least those are still going until now and me being the loyal fan I am I keep getting them."

• Love 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Read our Privacy Policy for more information.

Please Sign In or Sign Up