• 2 weeks later...

Willis could feel his hands tightening around the steering wheel of his vehicle. A black SUV, one that had served him well for many years. His eyes on the road ahead, and his mind on the road long since past. His mind trailing over the decisions that led him here, driving towards the coven of the Spruce Moore. He couldn't help but curse at how far he'd fallen, at how far he'd been pushed. His mind hardening as he thought on how he planned to rectify his fall, of what he would do to reclaim his mistress' favor.

Driving through the dreary uneventful town of Spruce Moore he couldn't help but sigh, "Damn, at least they have a Walmart," He muttered as he looked around him waiting for the light to turn green once more. As it did so his thoughts returned to the task at hand and that was the coven. With any luck he'd be able to convince them to join New Haven, perhaps act as a safe house, somewhere to go should the city get too hot. However all he really cared about was convincing them to help him take care of that damn mutt.

His mind racing he found himself nearly run the next light, cursing at just how many this small town seemed to have, "Hate places like this." He continued to complain as his mind returned to the road leading him up to the Midnight manner. As he arrived he found his nerves start to bubble up, forcing them back down however he took a breath, straightened his tie and moved towards the imposing doorway to the manor.

His eyes traced over the ornate knocker, his mind settling back into the years spent among vampires and their kin, getting into the mindset of a coven that might own such an abode before he took it in his large calloused hand and allowed it to knock, careful not to hit it too hard, though his power evident in the three solid strikes of the knocker.

• 2 weeks later...

As Miana approached the castle she would see a man standing at the front door. Her curiosity piqued she swooped down and turned back to her human form. The pale skinned lady would approach from behind yet kept her distances just in case. Her crimson eyes took in the mans form, assessing his capabilities. She was curious who this was, but when she approached close enough she could sense this one was a thrall. But not of anyone residing in her coven.

"May I help you?" she called out to the man from behind him.

Willis was growing impatient, he had been waiting for nearly fifteen minutes at this point. He wanted desperately to walk around, perhaps see if anyone was in the backyard, the garden, simply to find someone. But instead he simply knocked again, waiting yet another fifteen minutes, ready to leave, cursing his luck he froze hearing Miana.

Smiling, feeling vindicated in his patience he measured her for a moment, she had the aire of an elder. He could feel the aura radiating from her, bowing at the waste a moment, "Ah hello my lady, I come from New Haven." He stated directly, "I have come to speak with the leader of this coven, are you her?" He asked curiously.

"Yes I am the head of this coven. Why do you wish to speak with me?" Miana asked the man. She was being more cautious especially after the incident with vance. She did not want to risk this being an assassin possibly so she kept her distance from him.  She watched the man  to make sure he did not try to pull any weapons out. After all if she was not weary of everyone who just strolled up to her castle she would not have made it this far after this all. " Have you come to kill me?" she questioned him. She began to pace in place a bit.

His eyes watched her, cold and calculating, not at all matching the smile on his lips, "Woah there, relax if my mistress wished to kill you, then I wouldn't be here." He stated cooly, "No my lady. She sent me here for your pleasure." He stated dipping his head, "New Haven wishes to foster good relations with Spruce Moore," he stated simply.

Pausing a moment he thought on how to proceed with the next business, "That said. I am a token gift of their good will." He stated, rolling a sleeve back to reveal the runic symbols of his enthrallment, they were open, the ties to a master ripped from them, waiting for a new one.

"Oh is that so? That would be quite a change from the all business mentality that coven typically has. Don't take it personally but I don't tully trust you. Although you are allowed to stay for now, Certain places of my castle will be off limits to you" Miana said. With a small amount of magic she opened the doors from where she was standing. Miana had knowledge of New Haven Coven. Such was only natural when you were around for so long, it was always sound advice to keep an eye on your neighbors to some degree. "For example my chambers and war room will be off limits as well as our storage rooms and kitchen. Just procautionary just in case. I hope you understand."

He chuckled good naturedly, his hands spreading, "Ah me? You've got nothing to fear from me Lady Miana. I'm simply here to help smooth over relations," He said offering her his brand, "If I were here to disrupt your buisness then why would they open my enthrallment to another? If you wish it I am yours, or for that matter whoever else's in your coven you'd like me to be." He stated warmly, it was a practiced thing, but none the less convincing enough. His heart beat steady and measured as  he spoke, "I do understand your distrust though, New Haven has some powerful people in it." He said shrugging, offering, "Would you wish to take my contract up mistress Miana?" He asked curiously.

(If you'd rather not take up another thrall that's cool too, you can give Willis to whoever really :P)

large.Elena_header_sm.jpg.8e10c3d017d60875a6f30125b42cf342.jpg

Elena strode into the main entrance hall of Blackthorne Castle. She had stopped in her room to change into something more suited to heading out and finding a meal. She wore a modern black pencil skirt, lacey high necked blouse with full length sleeves, and black, high heeled, knee high boots. Her jewelry was platinum rings, earrings, and bracelets with deep red and black gemstones. She had done her makeup in something approximating the modern style, though with too much eyeliner and lips more blood red than natural. She thought she was ready for a night out on the town, but the effect was not quite what she intended and she came across more as someone dressing up as a goth librarian. Still, it would attract someone, and that's all she needed, someone to for dinner.

She was coming down the stairs, the heels of her boots clicking in a steady rhythm as she descended at a stately pace, when her attention was drawn to someone (@Daemonshift, that's you!) in the hall below. She neither slowed nor sped up, but continued down toward the stranger without changing her pace or paying them any more attention than was necessary.

Alex arrived at the castle with plenty of time left in the night. He was in complete awe at the size and design of the castle's interior. He looked around a bit uncertain as to where to go when he saw a woman walk down the staircase. He had to do a double take and then his eyes widened. His usually red iris seemingly flickered a golden hue before he quickly looked away from her. His hand clutched his suitcase, cracking the handle slightly, his body looking as if it's bracing for an impact. His mouth slightly opened, but he couldn't make a sound as the woman was getting closer.

large.51554389_CharacterCard.png.16e6f79e8e00e83af538eb0e2716cd91.png

She thought about it. if what she knew of New Haven was accurate she knew that any signs of friendliness may be just a front for something else they would want. However she knew that they likely would not have informed a thrall of the conditions they demand. After all if the thrall had no knowledge of any ulterior motives then it will seem more genuine. " I will not be taking another ones thrall as my own. Joint ownership is not always best of outcomes. The fact you still have a partial sigil means she still has a connection to you in some manner. Making a magical sigil that connects two or more magic casting beings together like that could be dangerous. I will consider it but for now I would rather be safe than regretful of being hasty to trust one from another coven. Last thing I want is to complete the sigil and get my consciousness wiped and replaced with another ones." She said citing an example. Although it was an extreme example, it was not completely unheard of in the days of old when magic was much more common. She would gesture for the man to enter. "But for now you may stay as a guest in the castle."

@Venari99

Elena came down off the stairs and hit the ground floor without pausing. She knew him by sight, by smell, by the feel of his presence, and she strode directly toward him, stopping only when she was face to face with the man holding the suitcase.

"Alex," she said staring him in the eye. "Fancy seeing you alive. I thought you'd... given up." She said the last bit with an air of contempt that she did not try to hide. The last time she had seen Alex she had held him up in the air before her, his chin in one hand as she staired into eyes that had no desire to fight, no desire to live. She hadn't bothered killing him with the others. He was already dead inside. There had been no fight in him.

"Vacationing abroad, I see," she said, glancing down at the suitcase. She had nothing else to say to him. He had been foolish before, he was likely still foolish now. Sarcasm dripped from her next comment. "I do hope you enjoy your stay."

She almost smiled then, but maintained her expressionless glare, prepared to take her leave. She had nothing more to say to the young vampire.

Willis' smile faltered a moment. Was he not good enough? For some vampire queen living out in the middle of no where. She would be able to hear his heart pounding a bit as he quelled his rage. Nodding his head he put on another smile that didn't reach his eyes.

"Why of course. That is only prudent." He said keeping the contempt from his tone, he had not realized that in his exile his mistress had put on such a curse, making him useless to others of her kind. But of course she did... He felt the weight of it as Miana spoke, he truly was alone. His weakness evident to the world now, "Thank you for having me my lady, I hope I can be of some help." He stated, feeling more than a little defeated in that moment, Truly, why am I here if not to serve? His mind trailed off, "If you would be so kind as to loan me one of your thralls, I will situate myself and be further at your coven's disposal?" He offered, unsure what else to say. Things were certainly going to be more difficult than he'd thought.

@Kitsuyumia

Edited by Venari99

Alex bit his lips in frustration, a drop of blood started to form where his teeth pierced his skin.

"Elena..." he was looking for words he wanted to say, his eyes darting around the room before looking at her. "I'm sorry... maybe I should have died too... if I ever did something to hurt you, it was not my intention and I hope you can forgive me."

He paused for a moment, there were a couple things he wanted to address. "I wasn't on vacation, I'm moving in. It's safer to stay here than being out there. I... did give up, but after laying in the rubble for almost a day the "hunger" took over and crawled me out." As if on queue, his eyes turned to a glowing, golden colour. "You're still sexy even with all the crazy." His body language changed, he was no longer clinging to the suitcase for dear life and instead simply leaning on it. There was a shift in his tone of voice and a grin on his face. "Oh! How rude of me! I don't believe we've met!" He was overacting it, even bowing to Elena before continuing. "I'm the "hunger" that took over. I'd give a proper introduction if Kira would have actually bothered to give me a name. How are people supposed to scream my name if they don't know it?" He gives an overdramatic sigh. "But alas, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, I guess he's just as rude as I am"

• Love 1

"Well, didn't you get interesting in a hundred years." Elena quirked an eyebrow. She wasn't sure what game he was playing, or if he was actually suffering from some sort of multiple personality disorder. Either way, this new predator within certainly seemed more interesting that the coward she knew before. 

"It's a surprising pleasure to see the new you," she said. "I guess it's true what they say. Sometimes good things happen to bad people."

She strode past him and to the front door. It was surprising to see her last of her sired here. She wondered if someone were playing a larger game, moving pawns around a board in some pattern she had yet to visualize. She would need to remain wary. But trap or not, this was actually interesting. Something had changed her sired from a man who had given up to this... hunger. She almost wanted to know more.

She turned to look back at him from the doorway. "I'd love to stay and chat, but I'm on my way out for a bite to eat."

He pushed the suitcase towards the corner of the room where it hit the wall and then fell on it's backside and He walked next to Elena.

"Now, you're speaking my language~ I haven't had a single drink since I woke up tonight."

His face had a certain familiarity to it, like meeting someone for the first time in decades, still recognizable, but not the same, not how vampires keep their looks even after centuries. He didn't look older either, just different. Alex used to have a weak, gentle smile, like he was afraid to even show emotions. His grin now was playful and coy, wider and asymmetric, being curved more towards one side. His eyes had a spark to them and were filled with lust. 

"If you'd like to chat, how about we get to know each other more while we have someone for dinner?" Elena couldn't tell if He was more excited about the food or her.

<Elena and Alex exit to Spruce Moore Forest>

Edited by Daemonshift

On 28/02/2022 at 11:43, Venari99 said:

large.51554389_CharacterCard.png.16e6f79e8e00e83af538eb0e2716cd91.png

"And to what use would. Thrall need with another thrall? If it's just for every day matters than you can just ask anyone you see. But if you have a specific objective related to the true reason you were sent here then tell me now." she said to the bulky thrall who had shown up on his own. "Otherwise make yourself comfortable."

@Kitsuyumia

Willis frowned at her assumptions and sighed, "My lady, you jump to conclusions. I'm sorry perhaps I misspoke. I simply wished for one of your servants to guide me along to my duties. The only objective I have at present is to please you." he stated firmly, his head dipping as he struggled to keep himself together, "Thank you my lady, I suppose I shall do just that." He said as he would start to walk off, reaching the nearest thrall and requesting guidance as she had instructed, getting settled into the castle as he was instructed.

• 2 weeks later...

The night passed through, and while still steady and young, it was too soon for Dawn to break. It was the perfect time for the Vampires of Blackthorne Castle and the Wolves of Midnight Mansion to prowl and hunt, save for one individual. Tonight for a single outsider it was an hour of meeting, a transfer from one Coven to the next, a dead and eradicated Coven to another that was well known amongst the "community." It was time for one Ito Toshiro, otherwise a White Fang, or now the White Fang to settle down for once, and of course he couldn't have it any other way during a lifelong feud with Werewolves.

Toshiro's name was practically miniscule, taking on the alias of "Arstor Vae" as he did to help protect his identity all those years ago. Unlike most vampires he was raised a warrior, he was a legendary assassin who brought great honor to his clan. And yet here he was, all those royalty and employers many, many years ago we're all dead. The only one standing were himself, and now, after speaking with the Lady Miana Blackthorne it seemed he finally found a home after a long time of venturing the urban world. He only hoped he wouldn't have to put down corrupt individuals or turn on his own leaders. 

The RV with a large trailer behind it was working itself through the passage of the woods, taking curves and turns slowly as to not get the vehicle and trailer stuck in mud or against a tree. He'd made sure to take care of his belongings so far with what Toshiro's clean lifestyle even the dirtier aspects of life, and his job, he wanted certain things perfect. Being a vampire, a clean lifestyle wasn't always an option, and being in multiple wars and conflicts between more than just Vampiric Orders, Councils and Covens allowed him to adapt quickly to any given situation. 

Ahead not far from his position the Fang could see the castle on all it's glory. Despite the rumors behind how old the castle really was not even time could tear apart the structure as it sat perfect in the limelight. With a sigh, Toshiro stopped at it's gates after minutes of driving, the gates were already open and so he drove further until his RV was parked in the roundabout of the castle's front. Alright Toshi, remember boundaries. The Fang turned the RV odd and stepped out of it's metal body, closing the door behind him as he did. He looked up at the structure, his heart figuratively pumping hard, and even after all this time he could swear it still beat despite the reality. 

Ito Toshiro was garbed in his formal wear, a white and blue attire of fine cloth, padded in certain areas of light studded metal and hard leather, it wasn't the dress wear he used to do his "job" but it was a common enough one at that. A katana rests at his side, and another thing that stuck out were the neck gaiter, or simply a skin tight silken mouth cover, which oddly completed the look. Toshiro pushed down the great doors of the castle and entered through the threshold, taking in the ancient but sturdy architecture that was clearly cared for. 

• 2 weeks later...

Miana did not trust the one from New Haven. Hopefully she was being overly cautious. However she did not want to appear foolish in blindly accepting  a stray from another coven so quickly. She would begin to move through the halls. She was growing a bit tired already as she would need to feed soon. But she wanted to check up on other matters first she had some reports to look over to see how her castle was functioning to support her and her thralls as well as the other vampires that have taken refuge in her castle as well as their thralls. It was alot that needed to be kept up with.  She would head up to her War Room which she used more like an office now. As she had specifiedd the other thrall should have put the reports there like she had asked.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Standing at 5' 8" and weighing only 175 pounds, Amber May had long redish-amber colored hair that reached her knees and brown eyes, she was wearing a white dress that looked like it belonged to a princess or someone rich despite the fact she found it in a dumpster cause there was a tiny tear that made the right shoulder strap constantly fall down. She had been left at a orphanage when she was born so she's grown up alone and always withdrawn, but has no problem bluntly saying anything she feels and acts like she's shut out the world but in reality it's a mask to protect the sweet person who just wants to feel wanted cause of growing up a orphan.

Amber lived in a city prior to Spruce Moore, and one night she had been at a bar enjoying a drink to celebrate turning 21 alone when a group of drunk men tried to force themselves on her and was "attacked" in an alleyway by a group of drunks. She thought she was done for until a white haired man rescued her and dispatched the drunks, however she had been stabbed. The man healed her, however inadvertently made her his thrall, and disappeared. From then on she has tried to follow traces of this man until she ended up moving to Spruce Moore where she saw a very familiar truck and camper, so she hid in the camper until she was ready to reveal herself to the man, or vampire, that saved her.

Edited by Rena-Amane

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Read our Privacy Policy for more information.

Please Sign In or Sign Up