DDLC - Poetry In Motion, Walking By My Side - (JennyDK & AirAllie14)

Natsuki stood there blushing. That was the longest she had ever hugged someone before. It felt weird but at the same time it felt good as well. She looked o we at Monika, noticing that she herself seemed a little awkward and flustered. She could even hear it in her voice. It felt weird to see the other girl like this. Natsuki listened to Monika’s words and nodded once again and looked at the time, “o-oh yeah! I-I should be getting home before it gets too late… oh and I completely forgot I have to write my poem too! I-I guess um… I guess I’ll see you tomorrow President…” Monika uttered and with that she left the room quickly. Sure she wanted to get home fast but, the awkward tension in the room was also getting to her.

• Love 2

Indeed, Monika has never ever done something like that herself and of course, the school's reputation about her, is that of one that is always composed, clear headed and very diligent. She is just about to say something, but Natsuki is in a rush to go home, so the hesitant club president didn't make it in time and is now alone in the room. She feels both pretty weird, but also very nice in some sort of odd emotional mixture, but thankfully mostly good. Soon after that, she leaves as well, but wanting to try and break the ice a bit, she texted Natsuki:´Good luck with your poem!'.

• Love 2

• 2 weeks later...

Natsuki made sure to get home quickly. She made something to eat and then after that headed upstairs we’re she locked herself in her room. She sighed and blinked as she looked down at her phone to see the text from Monika. She smiled upon seeing it and nodded as if Monika was actually talking to her. She then sat there and began to work on her poem for the rest of the night as well as any homework she had and soon enough it was time for bed and she soon fell asleep.

• Love 2

Monika finally arrives home as well and unpacks her stuff before doing any housely chores and other things she needed to do. She has an in-grown tendency and habit of doing whatever a rolemodel student and person should do, diligently and thoroughly doing all the tasks she set up for herself to get done before the day is over with. Whilst she does all this, her mind is focused on those, but more and more the image of the cute pink haired club member pops up and she blushes all over again. Once evening hits, she gets to the poem and without thinking about it, it begins to sound like it would cater to the taste of Natsuki, but still be in her usual style. Once done, she cannot help but text message Natsuki once more:'Hey Natsuki. If you are still up, I wanted to tell you that I look forward to share poems tomorrow. I felt really inspired tonight for some reason'.

• Love 2

Natsuki was getting ready to head to bed. She had finished up her poem and decided to take a shower. After combing her pink hair, she got pressed in some pajamas. She plopped down on her bed watching some funny videos on her phone before she decided to call it a night. She placed her phone down onto her nightstand and laid on her side. She closed her eyes and got ready to drift off when her eyes suddenly shot back open as she heard her phone make a noise. She reached over and looked at the screen seeing that it was a message from Monika. As she read it, Natsuki couldn’t help but smiled and typed back, “I’m awake. That sounds nice. I can’t wait to read yours too! I worked hard on mine as well and can’t wait for you to read it tomorrow.”

• Love 2

The night passes by for both girls, Natsuki and Monika getting a very nice night of sleep and Monika even having a nice, but confusing dream involving the other member. As she wakes up, she is even feeling slightly hotter all over and especially in one place in particular, making her blush hard. So she gets herself a shower to try and cool down, but for some reason the mental images return there and she has to stop herself from doing indecent stuff.

Once it is finally time for the club to gather again, the club president seems a bit more timid, shy and soft speaking than usual and has a harder time looking right at Natsuki for some reason."Oh hello everyone and welcome back. I hope you all had a nice day at school so far?", she says and even gives Natsuki a soft smile when possible.

• Love 2

Natsuki woke up on a day like any other, though, today felt different. After yesterday when she had talked with Monika, she felt different, she felt better. She told herself that she was going to have a good day today and that no one was going to bring it down for her.

When it was  time for the club, Natsuki strolled in, smiling and even a bit bubbly. She took her seat and smiled at Monika when she looked over at her. She noticed Monika’s shyer demeanor today and raised an eyebrow as she wondered what was wrong but shrugged it off. She nodded and said, “yeah, my day’s been going alright.”

• Love 2

The shyness seen in Monika does diminish over the course of the club meeting, but for the first 40 minutes or so, she seems a bit more distracted and such. As things start off, Monika has prepared a bit off a short presentation about different sort of writing styles, that she introduces to the club members. Sayori looks a bit zoned-out, but that is usually the go-to state for her when it gets a bit more complex. Still, both she and Yuri are eager to participate with questions and such."So, it is important to keep in mind what sort of impression you want to give and how to do such...", she goes, trying to not stare too much at Natsuki all throughout.

• Love 2

Natsuki sat there and listened to Monika. She did her best to pay attention to her and absorb every world that she was saying and everything she was explaining to them. She did notice that Monika seemed to be getting more and more back to her original self and that was good thought, Natsuki did recognize that Monika was trying not to look at her too much. Immediately this began to get to Natsuki. Was was Monika doing this? Had she upset her in some way? What was going on? These thought ran through Natsuki’s head and immediately began to make her panic a bit inside. She hoped that she hadn’t said or done anything wrong.

• Love 2

The time begins to arrive where the poems are to be shared between the club members. The one made by Sayori is the first one to be given to the various others here, starting with Yuri, then Monika and finally Natsuki. Yuri compliments her in a more low key manner as it is still a bit too simple for her taste and style, but at least she did say good stuff and even had some useful advice and it seems like she is getting better at giving proper critique. Monika is a bit more free formed in her feedback and less about analyzing it all. Overall, it is a pretty simple poem that shows her usual cheerful, but slightly melancholic tone and it shows she is indeed more than a bit of an airhead and goofball. Yuri's poem is, once more, very complex and full of deeper metaphors and whilst it's nice to see her improve, it even got to a point where even Monika is a bit lost and naturally Sayori has little chance there. Up next is Monika and the two others give her some sort of weird look, like a raised eyebrow or wide smirk."Hmmmmm...you certainly captured something new here...indeed", Yuri low key smugly says and even gives Natsuki a mischevious smile. The poem, even without the president knowing it herself, is starting to show a trend where it appears to revolve aroudn the cute little pink haired girl, both in its metaphors and word play.

• Love 2

Natsuki was happy once it was time to share  poems. She got her’s out and waited for her turn to share. In the meantime however, she read the other’s as they shared. Once again she really seemed to like Sayori’s poem. Next up was Yuri‘S poem which Natsuki once again found herself scratching her head in confusion as she read it. It was just too much for her. Up next was Monika’s. Natsuki watched as Sayori and then Yuri read over the president’s poem and looked at her. She blinked at Yuri’s gaze followed by her voice and looked a bit confused. Finally as the poem came to her, Natsuki began to read it over and her eyes seemed to widen a bit. She looked up at Monika, this poem was different from yesterday’s. “whoa Monika! I… I really like your poem a lot!”

• Love 2

OOC: If you like, I can make Sayori sort of unofficial wingman for them 😛

Natsuki is the last to read the poem made by the president herself and of course, Monika is overjoyed to hear that it was indeed liked. Without having noticed it herself, she had made some fairly obvious clues to how it became to be about the pink haired cute member of the club. Not even the other appears to have noticed these sort of references. Monika did notice it turned out differently than her other ones though, but it also felt much easier to do for some reason."Ohhh, really? Thank you very much, Natsuki. I was unsure since I sort of tried new stuff with it", she responds back with a soft smile.

• Love 2

OOC: oooh yeah sure, that would be fun!

Natsuki nodded at Monika and said, “oh yeah, it’s definitely worked because I love it a lot.” She told the club President and then blushed a little as it was now down to her poem. She picked it up and looked over it a bit and then began to pass it along to the other club members to hear their feedback. Like always her poem was very simple but had hidden deep messages behind it’s simplicity. “I hope you guys like it…”

Edited by AirAllie14
  • Love 2

OOC: it also give me more stuff to do with her, so she doesn't feel like just a background character.

Monika feel even better about her poetry once Natsuki praises it and even though the others also complimented it, it feels different this way somehow. Seeing how hard it seems to get kind words from the pink haired girl, who appears to be the type whose praise is hard to get."Ohhh, thank you! I appreciate it!", she says and lets the other two look over Natsuki's poem. Sadly, the usual dismissive words from Yuri is felt once more, showing she is not one to really like the style the newest member uses."Ohhh, I can tell you did really well, Natsuki. It seems like you worked more on your metaphors and is also get a bit more complex, yet stay simple at the same time...I am sure you had some good...inspiration", she says with a mischievous smile.

• Love 2

OOC: Yup! Also if you want me to play another character or anything I’m always up for it.

Natsuki took a breath and then showed the members of the club her poem for the day. She watched as Yuri read it first and gave her usual comments. It made the shorter girl took her eyes a little bit she was used to it by now. She then watched as Sayori began to read the poem and smiled at her words of encouragement but blinked a little at her last sentence. “Thank you Sayori.” She told her and then asked, “what do you mean by that?” she blinked at Sayori’s grin as well but brushed this off and now it was time to show Monika her poem. She hoped that she liked it.

• Love 2

OOC: Feel free to take the reins of Yuri if you want ^^

Sayori, able to sense some thing much easier and better than others, simply gives her a particular smile again."Ooooooh, nothing...maybe it's just my...imagination", she tells the pink haired girl in a way that it's clear that she knows more than she lets on. For now, she lets Natsuki have to think about that one on her own as she moves onto the club president. The brown haired president then reads over the poem and even though she doesn't really fully understand it, she gets enough of it to see some budding, new emotions showing."Ohhh...very nice. A bit different from your usual, but still in your usual style...I am guessing you had some sort of inspiration?", she suggests, having no idea that Sayori said the same thing.

• Love 2

OOC: hmm, I might or I might not, we’ll see.” 

Natsuki blinked at Sayori’s comment but shrugged it away and dismissed it as her just being weird. Soon enough she gave her poem to Monika to read and awaited her feedback. She watched her as she read it over and then spoke. A smile formed on her face as she nodded and said, “thank you! Yeah um… I guess you could saw I did have some inspiration…” she didn’t want to tell Sayori but she had actually taken a lot of inspiration from how Monika wrote her poems and wanted to impress the club President.

• Love 2

Yuri doesn't really seem overly interested in the more communal and shared interaction today after the sharing of poems and soon return to her book once more, sitting in silence with some tea and quiet time. Sayori cannot help but listen in at the comments made by the last two members. She walks over and in a friendly manner wrap an arm around the neck of Natsuki."Ohhhh, so you do admit it, huh? I told you that I saw it...I wonder if Monika noticed the deeper meaning yet though...", she says, trying to be vague as she can with a slightly cocky grin on her face. Monika is a bit puzzled by that and surprised as Sayori has never shown that side of her before.

• Love 2

Once sharing was over, Natsuki made her way over to the closet and pulled a manga out of her box. Right when she was about getting ready to read it, she gasped and jumped a bit as she felt Sayori suddenly wraps her arm around her neck. She then listened to her words and immediately began to blush brightly uttered, “I-I don’t know what your talking about! G-get off of me!” She uttered and tried to squirm and struggle away from Sayori. 

• Love 2

Of course, Sayori cannot help but notice the blush on her cheeks and grins even wider at it."Ohhh, sure sure...though, I do think it is quite an improvement on it in any case...", she says and giggles softly, but in a kind manner. She lets go of Natsuki and smiles at her."I look forward to see how it will turn out from now on...", she says and lets Natsuki go about her business as she leaves to go and read over a magazine for now. Monika cannot help but take notice and she comes over and puts a hand on Natsuki's shoulder."I hope you are not taking her too seriously? I am sure she is only trying to be nice to you and at most be a bit playful. Do you have any idea what she meant though?", she asks, trying to rub the pink haired girl in a lightly reassuring manner, hoping she is not upset or anything. Without she really thinks about it, she makes direct eye contact with the other girl, causing her to blush even harder herself for a moment.

• Love 2

Natsuki continued to listen to Sayori as she spoke to her. She found herself blushing more at her words and soon as she left, she was happy that it was finally over. She let out a sigh of relief and then suddenly tensed up as she felt a hand on her shoulder. She then turned and was relieved to see Monika. Natsuki gave her a small smile and nodded saying, “Y-yeah… I’m sure it was nothing… you’re right…” she told her and then blushed even more saying, “I-I don’t know! I-I have no idea what she meant!” She said with her cheeks blushing even more from how flustered she was and from their two eyes gazing into the others. “I-I’m fine Monika… thanks for your reassurance. For now I um.. I just want to read my manga…” she told her and tried to get away from this situation the best she could. 

• Love 2

Monika soon breaks the direct eye contact as she notices she was lingering on the gaze of Natsuki."Ohhhh, right...sure...sure..uhhmm...let me know...if...if you want to read it together. I brought a few snacks too...you know...if you like", she says and giggles awkwardly, but still feels really good and her chest is even thumping a bit. She fiddles a bit with her own poem, which is still in her hands currently. Sayori cannot help but softly snicker to herself at the display.

• Love 2

Natsuki blushed and nodded as well saying, “Y-yeah… that would be great… after club we can continue the manga that we stared together… while eating the snacks…” she told Monika, she too being very awkward. She then looked to her old poem and wondered if she should tell Monika the real inspiration behind her poem after club activities had concluded. For now however, she stuffed her poem back into her backpack and went over to the closet, pulling out one of her manga and began to read it quietly. She had a hard time concentrating however as she felt a weird feeling in her body.

• Love 2

"Very good. Then let us do that...", Monika simply says, being awfully short of words, which is very unusual for her and something Sayori will easily pick up on. She ends with giving Natsuki a gentle smile and rose coloured cheeks before going back to her own prepping and reading. Of course, she too has a harder time concentrating and mostly just moves her eyes over pages, but not really taking anything in. The bow wearing vice president approaches her this time, her mouth finished chewing on some nice cookies."Ohhh, you look a bit....distracted, Monika. Is something troubling you...or maybe...someone?", the chipper and energetic girl says in her usual sweet tone of voice. Monika was kind of in a trace and did not hear most of what was said."Ohhh...uhmm..no no, I am fine. Just a bit less sleep last night...hahaha", she says, dismissing the notion.

• Love 2

Natsuki rummaged through her box of manga and soon enough she had found one to read. She took a seat on the floor and leaned her back up against the wall of the classroom and began to read as she normally did. She looked over at Monika. Why could she not stop staring at her. She then found herself even blushing as she thought about her poem once again and what Sayori was saying to her. She tried desperately to try and push the thoughts of Monika out of her head but couldn’t. She then saw Sayori walk over and begin talking to Monika, making her raise an eyebrow a bit, wondering what they were talking about.

• Love 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Read our Privacy Policy for more information.

Please Sign In or Sign Up